Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Do you prefer read manga, or watch anime, or watch live action(based on manga)?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Reset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192

    Question Do you prefer read manga, or watch anime, or watch live action(based on manga)?

    I prefer all three. but sometimes there comic series is better, or there better on anime or live action.
    As example: DB Z, I love this manga but the anime is damn slow same as Naruto.

    I proud of series that good on these three kind of media.
    So please share your opinion here, id like to read or watch your favorite if its really something.

    I recomended to read and watch of these series (good on both of them):
    Great Teacher Onizuka, One Piece, Bloody Monday, Death Note

    Recomended by other (series that good at both of media):
    -By Lvuer: Team Medical Dragon (or Iryuu)
    Last edited by Reset; 02-12-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: an add

  2. #2
    One Thousand Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,385
    I loved the Black Cat manga, and it holds its place as my favorite of all time. The anime, though, sucked in comparison. The characters looked nice and the English dubs were actually fairly good. What really annoyed me is their tendency to skip fight scenes or put a bunch of still pictures with dialogue. I'm not asking for full 3D cel-shaded stuff, but I at least want animation. I mean, they can draw characters well. That's great. Now make them move, and not just in keyframes. At least have someone do a few in-betweens.

    Though I could say that last bit about a lot of anime, including my favorite: Higurashi. Can't do too much with such a low framerate, though. By the way, the Higurashi anime trumps the live action. The live action made Shion and Mion look sorta ugly, and they're supposed to be hot. Also, you couldn't tell the difference between any of them except Keiichi, because he was the only guy.

  3. #3
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    read.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Reset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192
    @Matt:
    I'm too much disappointed with the live action. Because many are not good actresses take roll in it. dorama who lifted from manga rarely made with seriously, or sometimes the acting good but the character does not match what we expect may be in the manga shes hot, but when live action is played by actress who are not hot at all.
    But there is also a manga that lot of word, although good but make heads so dizzy. but the manga like this is what I like, because after the live action or anime made very few silence scenes.
    I ever read Black Cat too (but not till the end, cuz the manga rental that i was supose to rent manga was not provide it anymore), but i've never saw the anime especially after you say it suck so i'll never saw it.

    @Clock Hand:
    So you prefer read. How you read it? i mean there is my friend who read manga 3 times for single action, he read "only" images til the end of book after that he read "only" all of the words, then finally he read both of them. He say "here's the way how to enjoy manga."

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    501
    Speaking about live action... I think the best live action film that taken from manga (for now at least) is Team Medical Dragon (or Iryuu). It's now has reach the third season. For you who don't know this manga, it tells you a story of a team of highly skilled surgeons. Of course they cut a lot of "meat" in the film...

    Unfortunately, the manga story writer died several years ago...

    @Reset:
    3 times... wow. Though I myself, read manga many times more... but not in succession (some times, I even lost count how many times I've re-read the same books).

  6. #6
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    I read. Is simple, you read what is happening, you read the draws, you read what they are saying (or if there is a narrator, what he is saying), etc.

    Is the same that your friend does but in one round (of course I take my time in every page, I don't want to go to the next one if the rythm is not good for whats going on).

  7. #7
    Regular Member Reset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    Speaking about live action... I think the best live action film that taken from manga (for now at least) is Team Medical Dragon (or Iryuu). It's now has reach the third season. For you who don't know this manga, it tells you a story of a team of highly skilled surgeons. Of course they cut a lot of "meat" in the film...

    Unfortunately, the manga story writer died several years ago...
    Yes I read this manga till 11 volume, but i don't know the writer was died, it's so sad cuz the story is brilian.
    But i never watch the dorama version, but i will if you say good so

    Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    @Reset:
    3 times... wow. Though I myself, read manga many times more... but not in succession (some times, I even lost count how many times I've re-read the same books).
    I ever try too, but i just like to read both of them in single action than have to read it 3 times, but if you mean "re-reading" of course i always do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I read. Is simple, you read what is happening, you read the draws, you read what they are saying (or if there is a narrator, what he is saying), etc.

    Is the same that your friend does but in one round (of course I take my time in every page, I don't want to go to the next one if the rythm is not good for whats going on).
    Yes!it's just same as me.My friend, he's in financial freedom so he had a lot of time, but if goes to me (i wish) with financial freedom and have a lot of time i will read as it as me right now

  8. #8
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    I have friends who reads comics as books, and is awful, because in few seconds or minutes they are done. They don't take the time to go with the rythm of what's going on in the story and take a appreaciation of the draws.

    I think going slow and going to fast is a waste, you just need to go with the rythm of the story.

  9. #9
    One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,458
    I almost always prefer the original format of any given manga, anime, or live-action series. However, I generally like manga the best. Not really a fan of live-action series, tbh.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Reset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I have friends who reads comics as books, and is awful, because in few seconds or minutes they are done. They don't take the time to go with the rythm of what's going on in the story and take a appreaciation of the draws.

    I think going slow and going to fast is a waste, you just need to go with the rythm of the story.
    So why don't we call it the "reads-comics-as-books syndrome." I just can't belive there was kind of person like that, I still enjoying a reading picture in comic even though i'm not like the style. she/he must be has heritage gen from dinasour age where people watch soccer using ear (i mean radio, in my country an old man must be ever experiencing an age without TV)

    Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    I almost always prefer the original format of any given manga, anime, or live-action series. However, I generally like manga the best. Not really a fan of live-action series, tbh.
    Yeah sometimes i like that too, BTW are you ever watch Great Teacher Onizuka? I read the manga version just after watch its dorama that aired on our national television, It won the 1998 Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen.
    Last edited by Reset; 02-12-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •