Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ego's conceptual concepts of concept *nudity Present*

hey thanks Nisaren.. yeah.. I should mess with the color balance and saturation & sharpness tools >.<..

More sketchiness while waiting on a ride

30 minutes or so... might actually render this one :3

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Well damn. This just reminds me I need to step up my game with environments, lol.
    Real nice stuff, you can really feel the atmosphere in these latest pieces, and the colors are fitting real nice. Only thing I notice is an issue with scale. I can't tell if the rocks are really huge, the balloon is big and far, or small and close, or if the little bushes are big and the rocks are medium in size. It's a bit odd, and would work far better without the balloon. But great stuff, keep it up man.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I really like the sand in the foreground, how it takes you in and across the landscape

I almost agree with what Gunz says above me; except I think it's the weird rock formation that has got to go. Reason 1: they look really forced. Reason 2: I think that in all the landscapes you've posted the last days, all of them are very nice btw , there tends to be more mass at one side of the canvas than the other. Getting rid of the rocks may balance it out

Gunz: Hey thanks man... I think the balloon throws it off yeah... I think I forgot to saturate it a bit so that it has some atmospheric perspective going on..

Rubisko: Thank you... I didn't notice my asymmetrical theme the past few days... I need to break that >.<... and you're right.. taking the rock formation will probably balance it out... thanks for the advice

Here's some random sketches of the day... i like the top left hand corner.. and the concept behind it.. might take it a bit further

Also working on this for some practice... what am I doing wrong? >.<

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Egoslip; 05-09-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Top right looks like the Tuurngait from Penumbra. I love the top left one, too! You should deffs do something with it!

In the reference pic, your eyes too high and nose bridge too flat. the nose tip and the moth are pretty good!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Similar to what Ged said really, and I think the nose needs to be pointing ever so slightly more to the left? in the pic it's not completely vertical. Love the sketches

Thanks for the crits guys.. I'll think I gave up on that one though.. here's another try! Self portrait this time