Thread: Newone's - sketches hopefully soon to become more like art. Please Critique

I'm a Legit Member

Newone's - sketches hopefully soon to become more like art. Please Critique

So this is my first attempt at drawing and coloring an anime like character. I know there are problems with it and would really like some feedback to point the problems out.

Thank you very much for any comments

Zajeta slika.jpg

It's quite good, make sure when you are drawing the clothing not to just make straight lines, as this makes it appear flat. Give your drawing some depth by adding curved lines that go with the flow of the body

I'm a Legit Member
    Thanks for the comment Cloudy! Honestly, I wasn't really expecting anything along the lines of: 'it's quite good', but please don't be afraid of being harsh.

Yes, the clothing does look flat. Drawing the body under it would probably help. I would also like to add wrinkles to the material, but it never seems to come out right for me. I'll look around for examples, but if anyone has pointers I'd be grateful!

well that's because I don't think it's bad, it just needs more shading and depth is all

Keep on practicing.

If you have a drawing tablet, head over to the GroupBoard (top tabs) and I can help you if you like

I'm a Legit Member
    GroupBoard seems like a great feature! I'll definitely check it out, but unfortunately, right now I have some other stuff to finish more urgently.