Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The art of Kokoro Hane

101 Dalmations Member
    you should practice more i think. . especially on anatomy. .and . .nevermind. . .its just that. .I dont want to sound bad but I think that you should definitely practice more. .especially on your designs. .

Quote Originally Posted by tagYURIT View Post
    you should practice more i think. . especially on anatomy. .and . .nevermind. . .its just that. .I dont want to sound bad but I think that you should definitely practice more. .especially on your designs. .
    lol what kind of crit is that
    don't hold back dude this is the critique corner... say what you think is wrong... well if you just say it's ugly without any reason then probably you should hold back

Quote Originally Posted by christiananimegirl View Post
    Thanks for your critique! I'm sure I'm gonna sound really dumb right now, but I honestly really don't know what moe really is. I think it means "budding" or something and deals with cuteness, but that's as far as I know XD!!
    You're on the right track actually with what Moe actually means and it's origins. It's developed a lot since the term became commonplace 20 years or so ago. Here's a wiki article discussing the term in detail if you care to read.

As far as your artwork goes - keep practicing and you'll keep improving. There's always a lot to work on but you're at the stage where you need to just keep drawing and working on basics such as proper anatomical proportions. Take a look at some tutorials here on MT.

Most of your drawings look as if you drew without concern for the anatomy of the character underneath the clothing. I would suggest that you begin drawing the basic figure in a pose without clothes then draw the clothes draping over the figure. Only really experienced artists can draw characters without needing to draw the underlying figure and even they can get messed up.

Either way it's a good start and keep up the good work.

Thanks, everyone! Yup, I know practice makes perfect. I have improved alot since I started (it's hard for me to even LOOK at my old sketches >.>) and I hope to learn alot from the wonderful tutorials on this site! That's why I'm here ^.^

do you have a tablet? where do you draw?