Thread: Crimson Shadows } All of Ch.1 online!

Crimson Shadows } All of Ch.1 online!

Hello! I thought I'd share with you my ongoing webmanga called Crimson Shadows. This is my first manga I ever drew on paper (I used to draw on MS Paint alot, my art was...very terrible...) I have been drawing manga since 2009 I think, but it wasn't until sometime in 2010 I began drawing on paper. The more I drew, the quicker I started improving.

This manga is sort of an experiment, I guess. The earlier pages look pretty bad (this was before I used digital screentone in the later pages), but the newer ones you can notice some improvement. I'm a totally amatuer, I admit, but I hope to develope and grow as a mangaka and get better! (I can finally do side views better....but backgrounds is still a problem >.<)

With no further babbling, I give you Crimson Shadows:
    http://crimsonshadows.smackjeeves.co...olume-1-cover/
    (I am seriously going to redraw volume 1 and ch.1 cover >.>)

Constructive critique and comments are welcomed! ^.^

101 Dalmations Member neogenstru's Avatar
    Grr do not use MS Paint it's a terrible tool for drawing, personally I think hand drawing is the best way to draw considering your are not limited to a mouse and a couple of default shapes(although I hear Photoshop, Bamboo, and a couple of others are pretty good tools). Your drawings are decent, but could be alot better on pencil/pen and paper.
    Trust me I'm Batman

This wasn't drawn on MS Paint, this was drawn on paper ^.^' I just mentioned MS Paint was what I used to use, but CS id my first drawn on paper manga! But thanks for your opinion!

somehow there is a chill in my spine when reading it.. when i was a kid...i remember i got on an accident and got a very big wound in the foot.... it is so big and i just put a couple of band aid in it xD i tried to keep it a secret on my mom but she was really shocked when she herd it in my friends..
    you can't imagine how big it is... but i was a kid back then... and i'm so worried of my mom being so much worried about me...
    but imagining that wound and my situation back then..... well that's another story so let's leave it at that

as for you manga
    your better than me in picking on what tone to use for the background.. you really do know how to show emotion...
    and ofcourse I LOVE YOUR STORY!!!

but you know you don't have to put onii-chan and some other things to make it cute... but you are amazing(how did you know the kanji of bible?)
    i'm just saying you are an english girl and you don't have to force your self to make a japanese manga...
    well it's not a crime to do that so i guess it's alright..
    Last edited by ram; 06-28-2011 at 07:00 AM.