Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Alcohol Thread

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Nah. It's better to have 3 beers over 3 days then it is to have them over the course of a few hours, no?
    That's actually what I was trying to say. I guess I just misunderstood what you meant by "it".

Let's be honest though, you have to be a huge lightweight for three beers to get you pissed.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Especially over the course of a few hours instead of drinking them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    It's a wonder how people could find joy in all of the //negative// effects of a beverage.

If Kool Aid made me black out and vomit, I would probably stop drinking it, except it actually tastes good so there would be a reason for me to drink it in the first place. I think alcohol is such a social thing that people have a bigger tolerance for all of the bad that comes out of it, whereas I'm sure any other drink with the same negative side effects would get tossed out immediately.

What is it about alcohol?
    If Kool Aid made ya black out and vomit, then I'd cut down on how much Kool Aid ya drink. Problem solved. There are many brands of beer that taste fantastic compared to Kool Aid also, in my opinion, but there are a few shit ones mainly American and English beers. If a drink had all the negative effects of alcohol but none of the positives, I dont think many people would drink it. You get drunk, ya get happy, your inhabitions are lowered so you can talk about more indepth shit with your friends and maybe have to balls to ask out that hot brunette from work who you've had your eye on for 6 months now, at the office christmas party.

But ofcourse, there are drawbacks. Some people get violent when they drink with anyone who meets their line of vision. These people are called drunken assholes. Not much you can do about them, especially if their bigger than you, so just try to avoid them.

So in summary, alcohol makes some people violent, but most happy and up for a laugh, it tastes very good if you expand your horizons in regards to what ya drink and if ya get sick and ill from drinking too much...next time dont drink as much.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Always make sure to have your tazer with you in the drunken asshole situation.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    What I meant is: How come getting drunk, vomiting and blacking out is considered "fun" and "wild" in relation to alcohol, whereas it's a generally undesirable effect when it comes to other things? And, TBH, the "good" you describe is really just a crappy way of dealing with personal insecurities. It's something that can be resolved through other means than alcohol. There is definitely something that makes alcohol so 'special' that people love it so much.

IMO, it's like the biggest and longest lasting bandwagon effect ever and it's so prevalent that it became a social norm.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    See, I've never drank myself to the point of vomiting/blacking out so I wouldn't know. Alcohol to me just tastes good, and when I'm really feeling weak it just lets me sit back and chill dizzy on the couch or something. It's only as bad as you make it, so know when to stop? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    What I meant is: How come getting drunk, vomiting and blacking out is considered "fun" and "wild" in relation to alcohol, whereas it's a generally undesirable effect when it comes to other things? And, TBH, the "good" you describe is really just a crappy way of dealing with personal insecurities. It's something that can be resolved through other means than alcohol. There is definitely something that makes alcohol so 'special' that people love it so much.

IMO, it's like the biggest and longest lasting bandwagon effect ever and it's so prevalent that it became a social norm.
    I don't think anyone ever has considered vomiting and blacking out as fun. I think what you're getting it is that many people who go out and drink alot on a friday and saturday night seem to measure how good a night they have had by how badly it fucks them up. For instance, if you were vomiting everywhere and passed out, you may wake up the next day and think, 'I had an awesome night, i have vomit in my hair, i lost my wallet and got the shit kicked out of me by two bouncers. Go me.' If that is what you're getting that, then I agree that is a stupid mentality that unfortunatly too many people share. Although I would rather hear about that guys drunken night out than hear about the night of someone else who stayed in and did a crossword. More interesting story, ya know.

And yeah, wasn't being serious about the talking to hot girls being a postivie for getting drunk. If you have to be drunk to talk to women then you're kinda pathetic, imo. The main postive of being drunk is that its a social excepted method in which people can loosen up and have fun. Everything is more fun when you're drunk, from reading a book to bungee jumping. Try it, Cyp, ya might enjoy it

my dream is for like, every night, to have a glass of red wine and expensive cheese and sit on a porch contemplating life. my dad does that and he looks cool as hell when he does.

I'm probably going to drink alcohol when I'm older, definitely red wine because of the heart benefits and just because it classy lol. Also, the occasional beer or whiskey with your food because that's just basically a tradition in my family for adults :P My family finds it weird whenever people take shots of drinks without eating anything with it.

As for getting horribly drunk and shit, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh no. If I'm surrounded by people who think that getting drunk is the only way to make the night fun, I'm automatically out. That's a retarded ideology that I don't want to get used to.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I drink on occasion but the taste turns me off, so I'm usually the guy sipping a juice pouch at the party. you'd be surprised how effective an ice breaker that is.