Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alcohol Thread

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Understandable. But does "out with friends" mean you wouldn't drink at say, a family gathering or with just one other person?

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    I drink occasionally; probably around once every one or two months. You may think it's not right, but my mom doesn't care... She'll actually offer it to me sometimes, but I think it's actually her trying to teaching me to discipline myself. TBH, it's not such a bad thing to drink, it's just drinking a lot in a small time frame that is bad (of course drinking a little bit each day every day is also bad, but you get my point). You drink to celebrate, any other reason to me is fairly stupid (there are a few exceptions), and make plans beforehand for whatever you need to do so you don't forget about anything and no one gets hurt. If you are smart and use it, not abuse it, then you are fine.

On the off chance that you go out to get super drunk for no reason, (which almost everyone does at least one time in their life) you should make plans beforehand. It can save you a lot of trouble and you will probably learn your lesson afterwards. Also, people always try to find cures for hangovers, but the real thing you should be doing is prevention of a hangover. You can easily prevent a hangover just by drinking water as you drink your alcohol. I don't know why people don't do this, and whenever I have a drink I do this, even if I drink a little, just to be safe.

It's best to just not get into it at all, because if you never try it you'll never become addicted or have to suffer the consequences.
    Last edited by Ozzaharwood; 06-21-2011 at 10:38 PM.

@Ozzaharwood, drinkin once a month is more than fine

@indescribable, I would drink at a family gathering. I'll probably not drink with just one other person (well maybe one small drink or beer)

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    I'll drink with one other person if that one other person is my best friend. Sometimes I'll have a beer by myself, and I've drank at family gatherings since I turned 21. Usually it's wine or a beer if it's a family dinner, but a couple of my aunts have been known to bring margarita fixings to family camping trips.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I always wondered how alcohol became "the social drink".

Yeah I actually wonder that too.

Welp google time

Dunkelbier is pretty good, dunno about light beer though. It just doesn't taste right to me.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I just don't see the point in drinking. Im old enough and all but it doesn't tempt me. I made a virgin daiquiriesque thing tonight and im satisfied with that. I have a cousin that is just all about blacking out and screaming on facebook the next day "fucking killer hangover but had a blast last night blacked out so you know some good shit went down".

Stella Artois is good. That and Guinness are the only beers I really like though.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    It's a wonder how people could find joy in all of the //negative// effects of a beverage.

If Kool Aid made me black out and vomit, I would probably stop drinking it, except it actually tastes good so there would be a reason for me to drink it in the first place. I think alcohol is such a social thing that people have a bigger tolerance for all of the bad that comes out of it, whereas I'm sure any other drink with the same negative side effects would get tossed out immediately.

What is it about alcohol?