Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Ideas?

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I agree with Jubeh. 

I mean, let's think about it. Pageviews online are disturbingly formulaic. People who poorly draw fanart will most times get more notice, pageviews, and follows than more skilled original artists. I don't mean any barm by saying this, Sunny, but you also work in a niche genre of art. There is such a disgustingly massive stigma against anthropomorphic art that it's difficult to get some people to see past your subject matter and recognize the true talent you have. Because of these factors you can see how a large difference in follower numbers can occur. 

I don't think that ignoring this person is the best route. You've obviously tried that method for some time now with no luck. Don't respond to each item of ridicule individually; it just causes bickering on particulars. Instead you could try to formulate a polite letter/message to this person stating your opinions on the matter. Try to iron out your problems. 

I'm not saying that this will work, but it is worth a try. Unfortunately this is the Internet, and on the Internet there are people. Some people don't always want to mKe up with you on friendly terms. It's easier to hide behind an avatar and an online persona in order to antagonize others online than it is in real life. Trolls do exist, and they get enjoyment out of what they do. 

There once was a person on MT—who I won't disclose—that would troll me a little. It doesn't seem as bad as the situation that you are describing, but it was still clearly an attempt to attack me over art. This person would publicly tell me (and through that, the people that supported me) that I was a fake. They said that for my age, there was no way to have my skill level in art. They would attack me by asking me why I had to lie about how old I am in order to get more attention and praise. I tried explaining to them that I wouldn't lie about silly things like that on the Internet, but I had no luck. Eventually I just had to wait for them to quit the site. 

This person on MT wasn't terribly popular socially or in the Artist Alley, so they had no reason to stay forever. The person you are dealing with seems to have a fairly solid backing and fan following, so I can't imagine that they would leave. So here is my suggestion to you if the letter doesn't work: block them. Most art sites like Deviant Art do, in fact, have blocking systems. Even tiny little Manga Revolution had a block system. In the case of DA, a blocked person cannot contact you or even access your profile. Do it privately. Don't mention it to your watchers. Don't tell this person. Just block them and never bother with this person again. 

Are you asking in how to deal with a internet trolls?

This is simple, just don't pay attention. Is not like the internet doesn't have options to ban certain comments of other peoples or stuffs likes that. And if your friends (I'm assuming are real life friends, not internet friends) go against because of her, then be the better person and just don't pay attention.

Silly problems have easy solutions.

Isn't it a bit cliché to say either:

a) You're jealous, deal with it.
    b) Turn the other cheek.

or translated:

a) It's your problem, not hers.
    b) Be complacent.

You guys clearly love being abused by other people...
    Last edited by Delphinus; 07-31-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    There's no point in worrying about this. Some people are good at keeping up a front before the masses. Until she cracks or people come to the realization that she's a total bitch themselves, there's really nothing you can do. If you try to out her on it, chances are you'll end up incriminating yourself as a jealous or spiteful person.

In other words: you are in the best position right now, as you have yet to get your hands dirty.

Fenn
    Celestial-Fox (aka Seefy as I recently learned...) has a good idea about blocking. It's a one-step process that automatically cuts off communication between you.

If that doesn't work, try to peacefully resolve it like someone else posted earlier.

If that still doesn't work, then...I can't believe I'm agreeing with him, but Delphinus' tactics are your best alternative. You don't have to go so far as to make her cry unless you find it necessary, but if you expose her for the cruel person she is.

If the assault method isn't your style, try making a game out of it. Make it look as thouhg you aren't just ignoring her, but you're HAVING FUN. Posts like "oh _____ , you're so cute." or "are you trying to flirt with me?" and such. Mess her all up. This works for me often, especially as I'm against the Delphinus Bloodthirsty Method.

Whatever you do, DO NOT:
    1. Focus on her art. Morals and art skill are completely separate. If you attack her art you're just going to look desperate.
    2. Worry about her "followers." Block them 1 by 1 if they cause you trouble and don't worry about convincing them; their allegiences are already sold.

If you have proof of her wrongdoings, get it subtly published through an anonymous website that has no relation to the one the dispute is taking place on.

If not, make proof and publish it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    If you have proof of her wrongdoings, get it subtly published through an anonymous website that has no relation to the one the dispute is taking place on.

If not, make proof and publish it.
    If you have no proof of internet abuse chances are it isn't happening. She would have had to delete ever rud ecomment che's made, and you would have had to delet every message she's sent.

If you don't have proof, wait for some and then collect it. If none comes then your problem is solved already anyway.