Thread: Help with a Panel for my manga?

Hybrid View

Exclamation Help with a Panel for my manga?

Look at the link below....I need help with drawing that third panel....Its supposed to be a group of 4 scientist that are running through a forest(on a path) with the perspective decreasing further back and the angle of camera is somewhat above them.....help?

Link:http://kingfromhatena.deviantart.com...anel-214086585

future thanks to those who help
    Last edited by tag654; 06-20-2011 at 09:47 PM.

WHOA. Deja Vu. I saw this in the Critiques Corner. Anyway, behold the magic of copy & paste!!!!

Ah, I think this sketch is off to a great start. Of course, I also think there are some things that could be improved.

The first panel (the forest) is looking nice and detailed, but if you vary the sizes of the trees, it'll create a feeling of depth that'll really make it pop. Have you considered adding a sense of movement to this panel? Like, the "camera man" is trying to keep up with the chase that's going down? If so, motion lines and kicked up leaves are the way to go.

The second panel is looking awesome, but you should tighten up your one point perspective a bit more. The bent lines where the trees are kinda throw me off. Make 'em all straight! lol. Oh, and motion lines going towards the vanishing point, please.

Finally, I can understand your issue with perception, or not being sure how something should look. The third panel will look awesome if you practice a little technique called foreshortening. Keep that same "bird's eye" view, and utilize foreshortening.

Sorry if this was too much of a read. One last tip I can give you is that you should DEFINITELY use google, flickr, etc to find images you can use as references, especially if you're gonna draw stuff you don't usually draw.

Hope that helps! :-)

yeah sorry bout that....I was uncertain of where to put this so I put it in critiques corner and manga works...!sorry!XD