Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the greater mythology

actually i've been thinking that maybe this type of story has it's own illegal issues, cause i made gods at the story that doesn't exist in any type of myth around the world. so right now i don't know if i should continue this cause i don't know yet the rules or what type of story does any production accept.

Oh man I can't believe I didn't check your thread earlier.
    I've become a fan

hehe thanks. =D

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ramiel View Post
    actually i've been thinking that maybe this type of story has it's own illegal issues, cause i made gods at the story that doesn't exist in any type of myth around the world. so right now i don't know if i should continue this cause i don't know yet the rules or what type of story does any production accept.
    IDK where you live, but I would think you would get in more trouble if the gods DID exist in some form of active religion, because it could "offend" people of that religion.

oh your right. well i seen and read some manga that they include gods in budism or stuffs that is in religion. and there is ao no exorcist, so right now i'm kinda confused, I might be stupid on basing the rules based on what i see.

Very well thought mythology. Simple but with endless possibilities of development. I like it.
    You have also good art. One point though. I think that colouring your art makes it seem of lower quality than it really is. If you used copic markers of water colours then it may be better, perhaps?

I think, for fantasy readers, the type of god or the actual existence of said god doesn't matter much, if at all. The majority of fantasy uses gods the author made up on the spot (obvious exception of Narnia).

Don't worry about the little stuff. Just write what you want to write. Rest assured that the type of people who take offense to a fictional deity being used in a fictional story are those who probably don't have much experience with fiction.

@Fenn - I think the only people who would be offended by their god being portrayed in a manga are the extremists of any religion. I don't know any Christians who were offended by Chrono Crusade or To Aru Majutsu no Index. The worst I saw was a girl who was wary of demons in the former. In any case, Ram has nothing to worry about.

--

The actual content looks nice. As usual for you, the art is excellent. I'll post a proper critique next update if I can.

Oh, and by the way (off-topic question) . . .:
    SPOILER! :
    I think it was you who said something about a manga awhile back. It had this guy as the hero whose daughters came from the future to make sure they would actually be born. He had to decide which of his girlfriends to hook up with, but the daughter of the one he didn't eventually screw would die. It was very ecchi. The guy was a prick and the girls were cute lolis. What was that called? I can't find it anywhere in my history.
    Last edited by Matt; 09-25-2011 at 11:09 PM.

thanks matt, I'm doing the character designs now for this manga, I guess there's nothing for me to doubt now with what you said.
    I'll definitely continue this. oh and the tittle of the that manga is Yomeiro Choice

101 Dalmations Member
    yeah. .Yomeiro Choice. .but i dont like the story. .the art is cool. .but the paneling j my brain. .ugh. .T.T

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    this is really good...i like it ram.