Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: the greater mythology

Fine, I'm going to accept this as a piece of shit and try to make a better one, though I'm not going to give up on Greater Mythology that easy. I love this story better than anything.

Also I don't live in america, but do tell me the name of the publishers that publishes 30 pages in anthology or some comic magazines cause I want to apply there.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    I know there is Tokyopop and Dark Horse Manga that feature professional, Western artists... original English works and stuff translated from French and German. However, these are only for professionals.

My advice would be to find a small, independent publishing company that would be willing to feature the work of a first timer. You'll have to do some kicking around on this. Look for a company that might not do manga specifically, but comics.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Dammit, And I actually trusted you, You're not very well inform yourself are you?

But yeah I thought of an option of looking for comic publishers.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    How hard can it be to do your own research here?

BTW, these companies are US based. Try to find one that is closer to you if you live in another country. You’ll have a better chance publishing where you are first than in a foriegn country. Good luck!

ALC Publishing
    Antarctic Press
    eigoMANGA
    Komikwerks
    NDP Comics
    Purrsia Press
    Radio Comix
    Slave Labor Graphics
    For more lists of publishers, check out our Resources page.

For words of wisdom, check out Scott Frazier’s page: Jobs in Manga.

Another option to getting published to try out for contests such as TokyoPop’s Rising Stars of Manga Contest. Started in 2002, this is a contest that has grown from US-only submissions to now include the UK. Winning submissions get prize money plus get their work published in a compiled volume called, of course, “Rising Stars of Manga”. Besides getting prize money, publication, and name recognition, you can pitch them a story.
    That can be found here: http://www.mangatutorials.com/2004/g...hat-and-where/
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

This is why I told you that you're not very well informed, I don't really know when was the last time Rio updated those list but one example that closed on submission is Tokyopop.

The fall on Manga industry on 2008 made a really big change in everything which is why almost everyone just head out to webcomics.
    Though there are still open publishers but there are still better resources around than here if you use google.

Edit: Also how exactly do you define professionals? what do you mean Tokyopop and Darkhorse are only for professionals?

I know my english isn't that good but please could you explain it to me?
    Last edited by ram; 12-08-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Hmm, the prologue sounds rather complex to me, needs to be summarised a little more.
    Check out my attempt at a scripted manga!

http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...Hunter-academy