○ Son: Thanks!
○ Bacon: I used a hard pencil to sketch the figure first, but then I want back with charcoal to shade in black. I think that's the only thing keeping me clean! ¡^¡
○ Sy: My university offers weekend lifedrawing sessions to the public for only five dollars (though I get it for free in my classes during the weekdays). You could probably call up your local art department and see if they do anything similar. It's awesome. :)
○ Cloudy: Thank you! And yeah, it's great fun.
○ Gunz: I've done it before, but never with a man, haha. Maybe one day. XD
♦ l i n e . v s . v a l u e
Still working out the composition of the final project images, but I did get Hevhninh's head worked out--which was a greater ordeal than originally projected.
Anyway, each of these image styles have their strengths. I'll choose one soon to use for the final.
wow man those are some interesting earrings and her hair is beautiful!
Looking good Seefy. I forget, are you at a CAD or at "regular" school and "just" taking art?
○ Skets: Thanks. Earrings like that make me cringe because of what it does to people's ears, but to each their own, right? It kinda sucks that my imagination works that way, though. I'm taking a metalsmithing and jewelry class next semester, and all my jewelry designs would be horror to wear. Ah well ;D
○ Bacon: Shank ya~~ I'm just in a regular old college. XD I don't think Alaska has an art school, actually--? Why do you ask? Oh, and fun fact, though: at the Consumer Electronics Show this year I went as a CAD artist. ;D
Oh, I don't know. Been thinking about College some myself recently ... >.>
Consumer Electronics Show? Wazzat?
Oh, yeah. College. :/ :/ Eh, I've never considered art to be my career calling or whatever, but I made it a goal to at least try an art class. It's treating me well, so that's why I'm continuing my creative elective in metalsmithing next semester.
And CES? Know you no future? XD I SAW A TRANSPARENT DISPLAY. TRANS. PARENT. /lifechanged (Though, admittedly, I spent a majority of my time at the Venetian suites with the sound systems.)
Ahhh, the day when I will have a television for a window in my house~
♠ f i n a l l y !
This is just a little fraction of the work I've done today. I finally hit a good point in my croquis work where I could finalize Hevhninh's outfit design. (Yaaaaawl, a million heads high.)
You are great at details.
I really love those outfit designs.
*whistles* Exotic-y. Proportions seem off in the right hand picture, but is also seems intentional ... So ... Yeah. C:
For the value vs line image, go for the line if you want to keep the details more apparent. The value makes it harder to distinguish, but it gives a more raw, emotional feel.
Let's start a fabulous clothing line together. We'll rule the fashion world together. |D
dude. Why are your pencil drawings always so immaculate and amazing.
I really love the motion in Hevh...dfa;sdjfninh. (':