Imagination aside, sometimes it's the things that happen in RL that really beats it all. lol.
Happy belated 17th birthday! *throws a cake stuffed with M&Ms at ya* That's a interesting piece you got there, and like Rei, I had to look at it a 2nd time to figure out the bones ain't candles. (I honestly tot it was!) Anyway, as always, it's a pleasure to see your stuff. Cheers!
Nice foot! Very trippy, indeed.
If I were to take a class related to art, Id take an anatomy class :0
I want to dissect cadavers. :}
......if i had anatomy class id take whatever! its a so hard to find anything drawing-related in my school/city/country.....T-T As for the foot id say too much shadow below the ankles, but meh.
I should visit more often. ._.
I'd be replying to your thread a lot more because I really like all your updates, but I have nothing constructive to say. You should post something really crappy at some point so I actually have a chance of critiquing it.
Just thought I should say that--I AM following your art, but I just feel like I shouldn't even be posting if I don't have something helpful to say. And my comments are usually nothing but self-deprecating praise.
I didn't realise I was older than you :O
Happy Birthday for 3 days ago my friend.
I like the paper you've used for this latest one, makes it really unique and the white really stands out. The flower is buetiful which contrasts well with the foot with candles which is creepy!
I really love it when people use black and white on brown paper. ;-; I also love it when I see something like a foot chopped off.
I-I'm a sick person.
○ Jai: Finally, someone like meeee <3333
○ Knifey: Yeah, but it hurts sometimes, too. ¥^¥ And no worries, that time it was only a chicken (which, incidentally, didn't get thrown away outside until a week later and started to rot in the lab... UGHHH). And thanks for the birthday wishes! <3
○ Josh: Thank you! And yeah, I think that would be cool too.
○ Ged: Hey, thanks for commenting! I'm not taking an anatomy class for art purposes, though. I want to be a doctor, so I'm taking Biology 111 (Anatomy and Physiology). And yeah, I think you're right with the shadows.
○ Renzo: How've you been, buddy? Are you doing NaNoWriMo now? I miss talking to you more. :< Don't feel obligated to stop by, though!
○ Matt: I've got some stuff down below that can be critiqued much more easily because there's less thought put into them. I'm trying to come up with a semester project, and I'm low on ideas. >.> And no, no--! Don't get yourself down! You don't have to comment every time you stop by, but you don't have to feel bad about when you do/don't, either!
○ Scarlet: Yeah, that happens a lot. >.> When I first joined MT, people thought I was a 16-year-old Canadian guy, but I was a 12-year-old girl from Alaska. XD And thank you for the happy birthday. :> I did this on butcher paper, which is ridiculously cheap. I think it would be really cool if you tried it in your style.
♣ s k e t c h h h h
Um, this is just a massive sketch dump including, but not limited to, designs/compositions/ideas for my semester project in art, which may or may not be my magnum opus. XD
I'm improving, I think. At least with sketches. I generally terrible at them.
Half of these were done on newsprint, so sorry for the bad contrast. D: None of them were done with references, except the top one (references marked by each figure).
^ This one was done for Matt . . . obviously. XD
I like the white people on gray forming a circle. It reminds me of Hercules the Disney movie x3. I think you drew their shapes very well!
Although for the girl with the sword, its like a 3 dimensional character facing a 2 dimensional back ground almost. Detail IS IN ORDER
FINISH IT PLOXZ
Haha, that's what it reminds me of, too! I spent about a half hour at a light table tweaking their anatomy so they fit with each other. >.> It took about five or six tries to get it right--FRUSTRATIONNNN. It was just a 3x3" thumbnail, though. I'm thinking the final will be more toward 3 feet by three feet and will have a male and a female figure. This means difference of height calculations and ten hundred more redraws, but I'm excited. :>
And yeah, I agree that what you're talking about is extremely non-atmospheric. just scribbled in a secondary background idea into the thumbnail when my first idea collapsed on itself. I'm thinking That instead of doing a final piece with that sketch BG as a base, I might want to do something architectural . . . but I'll see. :> Suggestions?