That's crazy lol. I did that exact same first assignment. Hated it, I had to use a helluva lot of charcoal cause I didn't pick a really detailed area >_>
Anyways, amazing stuff, I love how crisp the first one is. ALthough the second one looks a bit flat. Maybe suggest bringing more contrast out, since it's a profile pic.
Seeeeefffff ;c I missed you </3 I really love the sketchy lady ;o
WAIT!!! You did the negative thing traditionally!!!??? HOLY SHIZ!!! AWESOME!!! Did you leave white space as you drew around it or did you use some kind of an eraser? Also digging the wip!
That Florian pic is awesome. Not much else to say, as usual.
Negative space--traditionally? But it's so clean!
Im diggin the art coursework. The first one is a really great drawing.
With the side view of the guy, I think his ear is too small.
I love the negative space thing too. :)
That negative space drawing is really sweet :O Negative space is actually very usefull xD
Man, I love Negative space, but I always goof up. Keep up the "crispness" in your art.
○ Bacon Babu: Thanks, I like to keep it, uh... fresh? XD
○ Son: Thank you! And yeah, I like to use it for quick figure drawing.
○ Scarlett: Oh, thanks for the critique; I wouldn't've noticed that! I tried to fix it on my final version. :D
○ Ged: I did the negative space in pencil, but it looked really unfinished with just lines, so I went back with a Sharpie. :>
○ erika: Awgh, me toooo, but I'm just busy lately with my anatomy classes. :< They are so difficult, orz.
○ Gunz: Yeah, I agree with you. It's definitely not the strongest thing I've done so far this semester. But I'll try to go back and shade it a little more if I get the chance. So thanks for that. <3
♠ p a r t y ?
And more coursework. It's called "Beloved Mr. Whittaker." I don't know what happened to the poor old fellow. XD
It's just a charcoal still life on butcher paper. I took some artistic liberty and added in the grass with the tibia and fibula.
Today's my birthday. I'm seventeen. :U I get to spend it in studio doing a midterm interview, waaaah. Then I get the honor of sitting through an anatomy lecture. BUT THEN. I WILL EAT FOOD AND DO BIRTHDAY THINGS.
For a second there, i thought the bones were candles... and i WISH i got an anatomy class on my birthday, lmao
but nevertheless, Y U MAKE SUCH TRIPPY ART?
(i'm totally not trying to make you make more of it... no way >_> i totally don't love it at all. nope.)
Oh, thanks so much, Rei <3
But it's a university class and I have it a few times a week. I was in Anatomy Lab from 7 pm to 9:50 tonight listening to two lectures and dissecting something. Gwagh. It's a medical class, so nothing like Anatomy for the Artist, which some places offer. x__o
And there's a general pattern to my work. The things that have to do with my real life always look really screwy, haha.