PDA

View Full Version : The psychology of Spam threads

Fenn
06-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Why are spam threads so popular around the interwebz? I keep finding myself participating in this and other spam forums, but why? Why do we love spamming random stuff on forums?

Socrates
06-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I had a dream last night, in it I took a drink of water. It tasted really awful and bitter, when I woke up it was my pillow.

Sometimes I'm silly.

Byakuran
06-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Because you can talk about nothing, and if its a subject you don't like... you can change it(^)... just spamming

it's sometimes serious but mostly isn't,it is also funny xD... the problem i have with GD is, i think its useless to argue with stubborn people on internet and it pisses me off...

Sylux
06-09-2011, 08:23 PM
It's useful if you're right or can make it seem as though you're right and you can convince them or others that they're wrong.

Ozzaharwood
06-09-2011, 08:54 PM
I always thought it was just 'cause you don't really have to think when you post, and it's fun seeing the random stuff people have to say.

Max
06-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Spam threads are fun.

/threadclosed

Outcast
06-09-2011, 11:27 PM
I always thought of spam threads as "talk about whatever the fuck you want" threads allowing for random conversation flow.

IanPMD
06-13-2011, 01:10 PM
I always thought it was just 'cause you don't really have to think when you post, and it's fun seeing the random stuff people have to say.

I agree with this. Other kinds of posts require thinking beforehand. In spam threads, you can post anything and no one cares.

OOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Did you care just now?

Anty
06-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Think about it, if there were no spam threads...there would just be a shit ton more 2-3 reply threads...."Hey guys I bought this [insert Game/Anime here] today! I'm totalled excited!"

Instead of that there is just 1 communal thread for all that kinda junk.