PDA

View Full Version : Drawing on tablet

johan
06-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Is it ok to start drawing on tablet? I find it more useful: easy erasing, layers, pens & pencils whatever you want...but I don't know if I should return to drawing on paper or it's just a matter of getting used to drawing digitally. The main problem is that I have to look at the monitor, while my hand is going on its own, lol :D.

Nyarlathotep
06-03-2011, 02:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with using a tablet - I use my tablet to draw all of my comic pages, and (from experience) it's a lot easier than doing it traditionally because, uh, there's no Ctrl-Z in real life... just erasers and white-out, which have their limitations :P

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with pencils either - sketching with a pencil is much more satisfying than with a tablet.

So yeah, uh, do whatever works for you.

Rio
06-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Drawing either way is fine. There's no right and wrong way. In the end, it all just boils down to which one you're most comfortable with.

Celestial-Fox
06-05-2011, 04:18 AM
I agree with Rio. But I'd say it's still a good idea to practice with both if you want to take commissions, so that you have more opportunities to gain clients. :)