PDA

View Full Version : No One Really Cared for Colin

Socrates
06-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Wrote this up a few minutes ago. Haven't written in forever, was never great at it. I can't read it without getting mad, in my head it was much better then when I typed it down. But that is the nature of this stuff. Anyway, it's depressing, so if you want something positive I wouldn't read it. Very short.

No One Cared for Colin

Colin was a deeply troubled boy. The kid stood out in crowds, but was not impressive. Wherever he went Colin was noticed for being taller then most, though he did not catch anyones attention. Beady, emerald orbs stared at the ground avoiding the eye contact of others. Clean shirts and wrinkle free pants that were baggy enough to hide his bargain bin shoes, buzzed haircut revealing a hairline that resembled an M. His house was hard to come home to. A stepfather who he didn't know hit a mother he no longer loved. Midnight Blue Skullcandies found a safehaven along the ridge of his ear, playing music Colin could never create. His eyes would water in the painful silence of his room, wondering why his few friends never texted him anymore, why his brother never visited, asking himself why girls never looked at him, if they ever would.

Dreams had become his escape from reality. Colin lay in bed, fantasizing about lives he never lived, before the brutal sounds of a analog alarm clock awoke him from his life, back into a nightmare. Colin would pray to a god that didn't exist, for a world the boy didn't belong in. As classes trudged along, minute by painful minute, Colin thought of the possibility of one day someone taking an interest to him, appreciating his intelligence. Though as much as he wanted to believe it, Colin was no more intelligent then anyone else, however with free time and bitterness anyone would come to believe such a thing. Colin put a gun to his head one day and pulled the trigger.

His mother cried the first day, though her focus was on Colin's sister, the youngest of the family, the pride of it. People at school talked about the kid that never existed, the kid that never could. Old friends felt slight regret and shame, but soon forgot it, not their fault, the kid was “fuckin' weird”. His brother took a personal day, but couldn't make the funeral. He left a note on his desk a few minutes before he became a part of his dreams. It was never read. It's not their fault, no one really cared for Colin.

BozeSG
06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
That is quite a depressing but... awesome story!:cat_thumbsup: the story is perfect for it's size and it really gives you the depression vibe that colin's life has. loved it!

Socrates
06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks a lot, man. It was based off a friend of mine so good to know I did him some justice.

BozeSG
06-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Your friend... committed suicide?