PDA

View Full Version : The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ozzaharwood
06-01-2011, 12:27 AM
http://www.otakuhq.com/images/anime/the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya.jpg

I've decided to start watching this, since it has gotten good reviews everywhere I look but I need an expert opinion on something. What order do I watch this in?

If anyone has seen this, can you tell me if if it's better to watch it in chronological order, or the order in which it was aired?

Other than that, this thread is open to discussion. Mark your spoilers. <:

DrPumpkin
06-01-2011, 04:13 AM
I personally thought it was better in the random scambly messy order. Sure, you have no idea what it's all about but it definitely more mysterious and entertaining that way.

Ceta
06-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Though either order is fine for the first season, I think it's easier to watch in chronological order. One recommendation, however, is to hold off on watching Episode 1 ("The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00") until after you've watched its production in Season 2. It'll make more sense if you do.

PWhit
06-01-2011, 10:13 PM
I loved this one... I especially like their "home made" video. I know I have the first season just because of it.

ram
06-02-2011, 10:56 AM
ofcourse it's better to watch it in aired... lol
well you probably won't get anything if you watch it on chronological order.. i think endless 8 would make much sense than watching it that way...
when you watch season 2 you'll get what i mean by endless 8....
=_= that's our nightmare...

Arashi500
06-05-2011, 12:47 AM
I can't even comprehend how anyone could have thought endless 8 a good idea, but the rest of the show is pretty solid in a very loose sense of the word. IMO it's not great, but it's certainly better than average.

Ceta
06-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah, Endless 8 was a pretty bad idea. However, I think the movie made up for that foul error. I really hope that they continue the series, though. The story gets pretty exciting/interesting from book 7 and on, so I would definitely watch that if it were converted to anime form.

ram
06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
actually the movie has become a little bit confusing because of the endless 8....

you know most people forget the words "John Smith" and "I am here" after being frustrated watching endless 8... because the movie is most based on what happened in episode 1.... while after episode 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9... you'll be frustrated and wont focus on episode 1 anymore...

well I'm different because i like the episode 1 so much and watch it over and over

Ceta
06-12-2011, 05:08 AM
I think we're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about the movie based on the fourth book in the series -- "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" -- not the movie the SOS Brigade made. Bad wording on my part, I guess.

As for the rest of what you said, I couldn't understand what you were talking about (to put it simply, there's too much skewed information) so I can't comment.