PDA

View Full Version : Poses for reference?

Sekator
05-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Question - where can I get drawn poses for reference in drawing? I need those for practice since... even though I started my attempts at drawing a lot of time ago, I'm still a beginner, because I didn't actually draw much. In fact, at this point one failure is enough to knock me out of drawing bussiness for month or two. Maybe I'm just lazy...

Anyways, I could really use those. The problem is that I don't know how to get them - journals, newspapers and similar newspaper-like based sources are totally out of question (don't ask why - just can't use them ok?), and I don't have an idea where else could I get interesting poses from.

My ultimate goal is to start a webcomic, so I figured if I don't know precisely what should I practice so I might seriously improve, I might aswell practice drawing my characters in different poses. So if that might help - the reference I'm looking for are poses with a lot of action, maybe even acrobatics or martial arts attacks :P Any help would be appreciated.

Nyarlathotep
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
www.posemaniacs.com is a great source for poses.

Sylux
05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Play Mortal Kombat and press pause often.

Sekator
06-01-2011, 04:17 AM
Thanks. Sylux's suggestion makes sense too :P

Rio
06-01-2011, 10:19 AM
If you go to the Massive Online Drawing Tutorials (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?84-Massive-Online-Drawing-Tutorials-List-v.3.0) list here in the forum and scroll down to Anatomy Reference, there will be a list of sites you can go to and get lots of poses. Check it out! Other topics are listed there as well.

Scarletlight
06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Can you use deviant art ? if so there are people that take photographs in various poses purposelly ( i think ) for this kind of thing. Search the stock reference section for ' poses ' or the particular pose you want like ' running ' or something.