PDA

View Full Version : ramiel's art

ram
05-29-2011, 08:37 AM
PAGE1http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-1-almost-done.jpg?t=4de241bca7c39

this is an image that i'm trying so much to figure out what should be the right posing of the guy sitting and probably there are a lot of things that needs to be improved.. but i can't do much cause i drew this on mouse and i don't have a tablet..

here's some image that i made as well..
pls tell me what's wrong with them

PAGE 2
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-2-5.jpg?t=4de30b4019aeb

in these images better tell me what's wrong before i tone them completely.. it's really hard to edit it if it's toned or colored lol

PAGE3
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-3-7.jpg?t=4de30b44eba3d
PAGE4
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-4-5.jpg?t=4de30b425ccd4

thank's for the tips!!!! >.<

Scarletlight
05-29-2011, 10:30 AM
:O didn't expect to come face to face with a full colour comic page when I clicked this thread haha. The layout is nice and the colouring style is effective.

I think the pose itself for the guy sitting is fine, but his left leg seems to attach in an awkward place like his hip is dislocated or something. Maybe place the leg higher up slightly.

Reset
05-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I think the pose was right, i don't see anything wrong for someone hurt like him.BTW, nice coloring

Celestial-Fox
05-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Wow this is great! I love the coloring style. Have you considered using a Blambot font (like Mighty Zeo) for the lettering? It would definitely take your work to the next level.

ram
05-29-2011, 08:34 PM
:O didn't expect to come face to face with a full colour comic page when I clicked this thread haha. The layout is nice and the colouring style is effective.

I think the pose itself for the guy sitting is fine, but his left leg seems to attach in an awkward place like his hip is dislocated or something. Maybe place the leg higher up slightly.

thank's i'll remember to raise it.. >.<

thank's celestial-fox... i've actually edited the font and made it comic scans but i fell like i didn't like comic scans as well so i'll probably try your font.. >.<

Celestial-Fox
05-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Comic Sans is a big no-no in art and design. Everyone will judge you forever if you use it. XD I think people hate it because it's just overused. But yeah, an actual comic font would do you wonders.

Also, NOT ONLY can you do awesome comic pages, you can do awesome comic pages WITH NICE BACKGROUNDS. :O I mean, holy crap, that library scene is beast.

ram
06-01-2011, 08:54 AM
thanks but i think the library is not really that good.. I've looked into some reference and that library doesn't look like a library at all so i think i'll change it or just put something to make it look like a library..

i can't believe i have to study now about making the right font.. after all i've been through studying how to draw and manga scenes, backgrounds and stuffs... the font is the last thing i had in mind to improve.... and now it's getting back to me because i didn't practice it..

thanks i didn't expect to hear a comment like that from someone younger than me...

although i don't believe what i see in your profile >.<.. specially the Alaska part lol

nisaren
06-01-2011, 09:08 AM
My suggestion would be to check out http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml for fonts. They have a ton of really good ones.

You have some nice looking stuff so far. The pages look well laid out and the backgrounds are pretty good overall. Honestly, don't worry about getting responses. I know that I don't comment much unless I feel there's something I can help improve. At any rate, keep up the good work. :)

Rio
06-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Regarding using fonts, some tips:

1. Don't squish the text so that it hits the dialogue balloon or text box.
2. Always leave some white space between the text and the balloon or text box. This pops out the text more and also makes it easier for readers to actually read it.
3. Don't put too much text into a balloon. Put too much and you get the annoying wall of text which most people tend to avoid and glaze over. If you do have a wall of text, break it up into small chunks over several boxes.

I've been meaning to do a text editing tutorial. There's lots of fun stuff you can do with from putting tones in the letters itself, inverting colors and adding outlines, and making it wiggly, curve and and all that. Maybe I'll get to it this summer. Btw, which graphic software are you using to put text into your manga?

ram
06-01-2011, 10:46 AM
thanks.. i can't really say that this is good... if i do i won't be posting it here...

it feels like i have the eye of a pro but can't really put my finger on what's exactly wrong...

but there is something wrong with this drawing.... the feeling i get when i see this is just "ok" and not the feeling of "completely awesome!"

but still... thanks for the font.. i haven't checked all of Rio's online tutorial about writing so i think i might go there to look for font(although i might be wrong and maybe it's not about font) but i think what you recommend is enough for me. thanks :)

Thanks a lot rio-chan! i can't actually find any tutorials about putting text on the balloon in any types of manga tutorial books...
I'll be looking forward to your tutorial

although i don't really get what you mean when you say "break it up into small chunks over several boxes" >.<

nisaren
06-01-2011, 10:59 AM
If you really want me to nitpick I can, I was just commenting that overall it looks fairly good. The problem for me is that it's difficult to give good criticism just by describing it, I think redlines and such may be more useful. I've found that my verbal critiques of people's work are often misunderstood or at the very least not understood completely, unless the problem is glaringly obvious.

Unfortunately, I'm at work and have no access to photoshop or a tablet to provide a more in depth analysis. I'll try to give a couple critiques of things that I noticed when i get back home tonight.

ram
06-01-2011, 11:28 AM
thanks! i won't misunderstood whatever you do...
i know that people will actually comment bad things about my pictures and I'm well aware of where i post my thread
and Rio said clearly that don't post here if your just showing off your drawings...

so it doesn't really matter what you say... as long as it's reasonable. >.<

although i might not really take your advise if your drawing style have so much difference in my drawing style.

i'm a moe artist so if you draw realistic persons and say that i should make the eyes smaller and make it look like the drawing of something that is so much different like monalisa or something then i might not take that advise seriously...

lol

to be honest... i haven't learned anything about perspective the time i draw that background.. but it's still looks alright.. if you use one point trick perspective... at least i think it is

Celestial-Fox
06-01-2011, 04:03 PM
thanks i didn't expect to hear a comment like that from someone younger than me...

although i don't believe what i see in your profile =_=.. specially the Alaska part lol
I actually get that a lot. OTL On the old, old MT there was a conspiracy theorist that would spam my art thread, saying that I was a fake and that I was older than I actually was. It was kinda horrible. I mean, don't people have anything better to do that accuse others of their identity? XD I mean, it's the Internet, so some skepticism is definitely fine, but outright attacking me was over the top and unnecessary. (And yep! I live in Alaska. I have to pick up huge piles of moose poop out of my backyard in the springtime and make sure that the baby moose don't eat my neighbor's garden, haha.)

And what rio means is to avoid lots of text in the same bubble. For instance, would you rather read this:

"TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT
TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT
TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT"

or this:

"TEXT TEXT TEXT"

"TEXT"

"TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT"

Do you know the term TL;DR? It means "Too long; didn't read." It basically means that someone has encountered a BIG SCARY WALL OF TEXT and was too lazy and intimidated by the size of it to actually read it. You want to avoid TL;DR at all costs in comic. The pictures and text must balance themselves out and can't fight for the reader's attention. Words take up a lot of space and make less room for the art, and give the reader less time to look at the art because they are busy reading. If you break up a wall of text into several different bubbles, that creates more space on the page for the reader to breathe and the art to exist.

Hope that made sense. :)

nisaren
06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
So here's a few suggestions for the first page that you posted in color. My main problem with this page is the pose of the guy laying there. He looks like he's just lounging around, however, I'm sure that your intention is that he's actually close to death/fainting/etc. If he's that close to death generally I would think that he wouldn't be able to hold himself up and the way he's leaning looks like he's supporting himself by his one arm.

Here's a red-line of an alternate pose that I came up with, feel free to use it or not. I won't be offended either way.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3382/5788517662_ae145cb32f_b.jpg

Another suggestion that I have is for when you are doing your coloring of this page. I really like how you colored the page just after this, and it's because you used a brush with hard edges for all of the shading. The first page you used soft brushes a little too much. I think the hair and fire in particular would benefit from the use of a harder brush.

At any rate, that's all I have for a critique now. Hope it helps in some way.

ram
06-02-2011, 06:20 AM
@nisaren

lol i actually tried that posing before but it doesn't fit the personality of my character...
he's like the most coolest character in my manga,, and he's the role model of my main character which is the one crying...
and he's one of the deity in that world so i guess it's alright for him to pose awesome even in the verge of death..

and i can't really change it cause it will be difficult for me... to change that i have to change the top scene as well...
coloring takes me a lot of time... not to mention i don't have a tablet Dx,,, well if i do it might be easy...

although it is a useful advise if not only for my complications.. and it's a good critique

but thanks for the advise anyway... can i add you as a friend for further questions in the future? I sent you a friend request..

@celestial fox

sorry about that..... i don't mean to offend you when i said i doubt you...
it's not really that hard to believe.. so i believe you...

although you should be careful around me... i like girls younger than me... >.< llllloooooolllll
just kidding xD,,,

thank's for the advise

anyway i think it's about time i post my second batch of pictures so here ya go

http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-5-7.jpg?t=4de7991d0913b

http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-6-8.jpg?t=4de7991e91874

better tell me what's wrong before i toned them.. luckily i still have the path saved up so it's just a piece of cake to edit them to whatever you say

hmmm... curently i'm thinking of having the girl on side view on that first image to have longer neck.. an have a little gap in the neck to the chin..... apart from that.. i don't know

ram
06-02-2011, 01:49 PM
there we go... just edited it... note that this is just something i want to say... that's not really the real dialog and script lol
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/06/ramiel-page-5-8.jpg?t=4de7ccb45a714

Celestial-Fox
06-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, that neck looks much better. I think the next hurdle you'd want to tackle is folds in clothing. They look slightly unnatural here and like they would be hard to tone because of that. I made an old fold tutorial (http://celestial-fox.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/resources/#/dud5we) that may help, and there's a ton of other ones out on the Internet, too.

Oh, and here's a good reference page for breasts. (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?848-boobs)

CypressDahlia
06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
As far as drawing goes, you're doing pretty good. I would suggest you study clothing physics, though. The textures of your clothing aren't quite there yet. They still seem a little... puffy? Though, if you want to go for the puffy look (ex: Pokemon), then I suggest you lose some of the fold lines. Right now, it's a clash of interests between accuracy and abstraction.

ram
06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
nice cypress glad to see you critique me...
there's no way i would follow pokemon lol! I got some new reference now so i think i can fix the clothing stuffs... atleast i think i can...
don't hold back on critique and stop thinking of you don't want to hurt my feelings and stuffs...
cause that's what i usually do when i go to some post here.. lol

@celestial-fox

that's not the kind of tutorial i'm looking for about the breast....
i need to control B cup to make it side view top view bottom view
c cup to make it side view top view bottom view
d cup to make it side view top view bottom view
oh and the physics of the breast when it has clothing shirt or just clothing with only a bra and without clothing and ofcourse the other types of view in those positions...

sometimes when i draw manga the other scene looks like she's b cup and the other scene makes her look like c cup... this problem occurs when she's close or distant...

so I'm kinda looking some reference right now

but still i learned something new with that tutorial so thanks >.<

Cloudy
06-02-2011, 11:29 PM
When you draw bewbies think of them as tear drops.
the shape of the breast isn't a round circle and this is a mistake most people make when starting out it is actually closer to the tear drop shape.

Study real photographs of people (they don't need to be nude) and learn the torso area, copying from real life is what every single artist should be doing when trying to correct their anatomy... if you say "But I want to draw manga" after all we are mimicking the real world and anyone who refuses to draw from life will slow down their process of becoming a great figure drawer.

You know about pose maniacs already and I remember you mentioning it to me so thats great, one week of me doing 10 drawings from that every day really helped me understand poses. Random pose viewer and draw every pose that comes up till you fill a couple of pages.

As for your art, well I think you are well on your way to being a fantastic Manga-ka just keep on practicing every day. You are pretty good at bodies, as cype said before I think you also need to practice drawing clothing. folds and material, easy way to do this is to hang some material somewhere and copy it and perhaps get a friend or family member to model for you for a minute just so you can draw clothing on a person.

ram
06-03-2011, 09:53 PM
well thanks.. actually i've been having real life as reference as well cloudy-swhaaaan..
but not the face though.. =_= just the body atleast... in real life there are too many lines in the clothes so i think i'll stick with reference from eroge cg and wallpapers...

here just edited page 3... >.< it looks better now i think.....
and took your advise.. it might still not be what you think that would improve but I'll work on that..
and i haven't edited the library scene because it's too much work but i will get on that in time...
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/06/ramiel-page-3-8.jpg?t=4de98e7170c6b

i'm changing my page 5 into this position... it looks better this way... and i think i like this posing better... got it from posemaniacs.. >.< still working on it though... but still want to know you opinion

http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/06/ramiel-page-5-9.jpg?t=4de98e70a2196

just compare the past images to these images and if you think i'm not improving tell me now.. but don't expect that i'll put my pencil down forever... lol

Celestial-Fox
06-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Things are already looking much, much better, especially with the last panel. The change in angle is really effective.

ram
06-10-2011, 05:33 AM
well right now I'm not actually focusing on making manga... >.< still problem on making backgrounds
lookie here I've made this for the manga academy 100 theme challenge..

yeah i just made my character cosplay as a magical girl.... but she's not keep in mind that... >.<
right now I'll do this as a practice to improve to making background... >.< I plan to make it look like the place in GOSICK anime or harry potter that is like inside a tower or something.. >.<
and yeah i just made a change in character design
specially with her hair..
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/06/ramiel-1-magical-girl-4.jpg?t=4df1e36c01062
why can't she look at me? no matter what i edit in the eyes she can't look at me >.<.. I feel like the character I'm drawing hates me >.<

I'd like to copy touhou's clothes but I changed my mind and just invent what comes to my mind >.<... but it still looks like not worth mentioning.. =_=
one day I'll be as good as the creator of touhou wallpapers when it comes to clothes designing! REMEMBER THAT!

NWAP
06-11-2011, 02:34 PM
....Idk...the things you say, makes me think of you as a young female Naruto.*shrug* as far as the eyes go, Idk what your talking about. Maybe your looking at the wrong part of the eye? The black circle in the middle is the pupil....and its centered, and looking right at you.

CypressDahlia
06-12-2011, 06:39 AM
It's quite good so far, but the legs don't line up with the hips, based on how the body is twisted and the boobs are different sizes. Though you are probably too far in to fix it at this point.

ram
06-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Though you are probably too far in to fix it at this point.

cging takes to much time >.< i guess it's alright to leave this as it is ... already noticed what you said but it's to late T_T

as far as the eyes go, Idk what your talking about. Maybe your looking at the wrong part of the eye? The black circle in the middle is the pupil....and its centered, and looking right at you.

no it's still not >.< look carefully it's not looking at me.. just right click and view image to see it bigger

apples13
06-12-2011, 07:58 PM
use selection too more for cleaner shading

ram
06-20-2011, 05:54 PM
none of these are finished by the way... just want to post all i have in my gallery >.<
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-6-8.jpg?t=4dffc0cf62191
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-7-9.jpg?t=4dffc0d1e6a76
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/05/ramiel-page-8-10.jpg?t=4dffc0d40412d

Hamachi
06-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Dude... the 100 theme challenge is awesome! You know tons more about coloring than I do so I can't comment much on that. I can guess at a few reasons why the girl doesn't seem to be looking much at you... maybe it's something about the composition of the drawing? From the way she's sitting it seems that your background's bottom vanishing point should be rather higher, almost to the point of just underneath her shoes. That'll also allow you to move her a bit down, which should make her gaze seem more focused at the viewer too. (Edit: A rule of thumb is to not have a part of the subject cut off by the canvas anyways :P)

On an unrelated note, bear in mind that if you make your drawing fairly centered, you have to introduce something that adds imbalance to the picture. What that means is up to you. Great job overall though. xD

ram
06-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Dude... the 100 theme challenge is awesome! You know tons more about coloring than I do so I can't comment much on that.

hehehe..:cat_gleam: i just imitated this type of coloring in touhou (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=touhou+photoshop&aq=f) although i haven't master it yet..
it's one of my best trait... imitating people.. :cat_gleam: (maybe i could be a clown when i can't find my future as an artist):cat_nyaa:

anyway thanks for the tip... i can't believe i didn't see that before...

tagYURIT
06-22-2011, 06:18 AM
I think that there is so much noise in your layout. .or white space. . and the design is not balanced. the placement of the figures and the speech bubbles. .its not "catchy" . ..I think. .you know. .you understand me right?. . I hope that I didn't sound bad. .

ram
06-22-2011, 06:50 AM
well obviously because none of those pages are finished.. xD
I'm not sure where to put the speech bubbles... sometimes i just put the speech bubbles to the part that i can't draw perfectly..
the "white space" your talking about is the places i haven't thought of what to put yet...
and the noise... i don't know.... actually I have already said in the first comment that i will do something about that library scene.. xD
if you talking about the noise somewhere else then i don't know...
and the design... i guess it's not really good... your right about that.. xD

edit:basically your saying that my whole manga structure is lacking balance..
i really believe that the placement of my figures and speech bubbles is good... i wish you can give me a much better example... give me a link on your favorite manga... and if i don't like that manga, then i wont change the placement of the figures and speech bubbles on this manga,,

Rio
06-22-2011, 12:05 PM
I've been looking at your manga pages and considering your comment about not knowing where to place speech bubbles, why don't you do this:

Instead of drawing the speech bubble on there along with the rest of the panels and images inside of them, just draw everything without speech bubbles. After all of it is colored and whatnot, then add the speech bubbles on a separate layer. That way you can move the speech bubble around, re-size it and try things out. That way, you're not stuck with how you drew it in there already.

Just a thought. Try it out.

ram
06-22-2011, 06:23 PM
ok... lol that takes another baggage of work:cat_wahaha: but that's what i'll do from now on

edit:actually i thought it was random where you put that speech bubbles..

Rio
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
edit:actually i thought it was random where you put that speech bubbles..lol Heck no! Speech bubble placement is much related to composition as it would in regular drawings. Well, at least to those who do it well, it's an art in and of itself. Those who do it well have speech bubbles that flow yet don't cover up the images in the panel while those who suck at it mess up the reading flow from one bubble to another or don't consider the end result in regards to everything else around it.

Anyways, I would suggest you read Will Eisner's books on Sequential Art (http://www.amazon.com/Comics-Sequential-Art-Principles-Instructional/dp/0393331261/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1308841857&sr=8-4) and Graphic Storytelling (http://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Storytelling-Visual-Narrative-Instructional/dp/039333127X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308841857&sr=8-1). They'll make you look at speech bubbles and comic book storytelling in a whole new light.

ram
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
:cat_panic: aaaarrrrggghhh.... another things to read!? my mind can't take it anymore... the books that i have to read already piled up...
but thanks a lot rio

Rio
06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
lol You don't have to read it right away but it will be worth your while once you do. C:

Portogas
07-02-2011, 06:45 AM
You color beautifully! What program did you use for the tons and coloring? And where did you learn to draw backgrounds? :)

ram
07-02-2011, 09:01 PM
i wish i know how to answer that.... it's just random where i learn how to do background and i'm not really good at backgrounds yet.. the time i did those backgrounds.. i have no idea that perspective exist yet...

i use photoshop to color those things(but i use mouse then so i wont be doing that type of coloring again)... but i'm good at coloring in other program like paint tool sai and illuststudio.. it makes no difference now that i have a tablet...

Fenn
07-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Wow, I'm tempted to use some of your characters as references! I LOVE your style, probably because it is close to how I would like to draw (emphasis on like). That being said I can see what you said on page 1 about that feeling of "just ok." I think it has to do not with any specific piece, but how they go together maybe? Also, your more complex perspectives of heads and faces seem off at times. That's just me though.

ram
07-04-2011, 04:48 AM
your right about that actually... i saw it about now... well i haven't posted my new work for a very long time now so i doubt i would have those types of mistakes again

ram
07-20-2011, 11:06 AM
suggestion on details to put in the background would be much welcome.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/sandalilang.jpg?t=1311174283

edit: sorry for not posting any drawings for a very long time now, i don't feel like completing any drawings so i can't post them, this time i feel like i want to complete this... although i'm still not sure if i would

nisaren
07-20-2011, 03:20 PM
I like the picture, the pose is well done and dynamic. My only problem is that the perspective on the central building looks off. I'm not sure if you were trying to do two or three point perspective here, it seems more like the former to me. From the angle that we are looking at, one of the vanishing points is located far above the buildings and the other looks as if it should be located somewhere directly behind the central building. If so, the opposite sides of the pillars separating the windows should be visible on the right side of the building (depending on where the vanishing point actually is). Sorry if this is confusing, it's difficult to describe it well verbally.

ram
07-20-2011, 07:32 PM
you probably know the capability of illuststudio nisaren.
I haven't used perth ruler yet and i'm just trying to visualize what the place would look like so i didn't pay attention to perspective of it.
the time i do, you won't probably see anything like that..

well i guess i'm closing the suggestion on what detail to put in the background now.

edit: I'm planing to just make this a one point perspective with a horizontal line that turn to slightly turn to the right, so that means the whole picture is slightly turn to the right,

all vertical lines and horizontal lines that should be perfectly horizontal and vertical would be different .
that probably what confused you

ram
07-22-2011, 07:21 AM
i need to know how to apply patterns in folds,
here, lol i enjoy playing too much on patterns and over did it, anyway look at the skirt. it's so hard for me to break them or roll them to make it look like the pattern is in the flow of the clothing, so could anyone please tell me how i can apply patten in folds?
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/07/ramiel-greater-mythology-20-complete.jpg?t=4e295b23d41f3

jaidurn
07-27-2011, 05:06 AM
The best way you'll be off adding patterns to folds is drawing the patterns yourself. I haven't ever gotten the patterns to work just the way I want them to when there are more complex folds. Just take some time making the pattern follow the folds and imagine how it would work its way around the back of the fold over to the visible front of the fold. Make it a game. It will get to be a really simple thing when you work with it. Don't worry if it starts confusing you.

You might want to do one line of the pattern through the whole skirt before you set it down and do something else to avoid confusion. If you want to use the pattern tools, then just try to offset the pattern after each fold. :)

ram
07-27-2011, 06:04 PM
thanks. :) well i actually found a tutorial on how to put pattern if fold right about now. it's a matter of selecting it and transforming in every single fold. though i haven't tried it yet, i might try your suggestion

Fenn
07-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Work still great as ever. The...magic, or whatever those dark impacts are on the last drawing look sort of out of place though. IDK what it is, they just attract negative attention.

Gedeon
07-30-2011, 02:55 PM
LOL MANGA STUDIO CHAINS BRUSH FTW!!!!!

ram
07-31-2011, 07:53 AM
Work still great as ever. The...magic, or whatever those dark impacts are on the last drawing look sort of out of place though. IDK what it is, they just attract negative attention.

their just patterns. actually i'm not familiar with illuststudio patterns so i just played with it, though i'm not putting those.
i'm making the finish project with background just like what i did with the sketch.

LOL MANGA STUDIO CHAINS BRUSH FTW!!!!!

i'm using illuststudio
hahaha, actually i never tried pattern brush on mangastudio, but i herd illuststudio is combination of photoshop, sai and mangastudio so i guess those chain brush was originated in mangastudio.

Celestial-Fox
07-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Have you tried just drawing a flat texture then using the liquefy tool on it?

ram
07-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Have you tried just drawing a flat texture then using the liquefy tool on it?

that's a good idea! i can't believe i haven't thought of that!
that might make a much nicer pattern than transforming it. thanks Seefy!

Celestial-Fox
07-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah, no problem. :) I swear by it!

Though I do warn you that on soooome types of folds it doesn't work. If it doesn't, just tell me and I'll help you out some other way. :D

Gedeon
08-01-2011, 06:14 PM
=w= my bad rams............

GAbRieLWrIgHt
08-04-2011, 01:32 PM
your so good, i hope i'm on ur level soon

Slurpee
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
If you have photoshop you could sort of distort them.
But I think it would be a lot better to just draw them on.

ram
08-22-2011, 10:54 AM
yeah, i guess doing pattern your self would be better.

anyway

this is for my saimoe

somehow there's something inside me thats not enjoying coloring anymore :( thats why this is all i want to do for now... I'm going to reaserch first the types of style of coloring images.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/charadesigning-3.jpg

I wasn't suppose to be designing her at all but i guess shes a good practice for now.

her name is feronia sefiria,
height:6'
eyes:blue
hair:suppose to be red but i just made it pink to make her cute here. :)
Likes: Spicy foods, and any type of fruits, and always love flying through the air
Dislikes: Sweet foods, Gravity and earth

she was born on the time that the world was ruled by the three great deities. (sky,sodic and excel)
she has the power of controlling the air at will and it usually react on her emotions. and thus she was called the air princess

although she was born and raise in a family who hated and despise the deities for being the ruler of the world, thus she hated the main character and his brothers because thats what she was thought even though she haven't met them before.

after meeting them, her life and beliefs changed and she fell in love with sodic.
after a lot of stuffs happened she was killed in the end.

after that she was reincarnated as Samantha Rodwel 6000 years ago and met the main character, although she no longer has any memories of it.

[UPDATED]

Celestial-Fox
08-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Ooh, I love the details in her design. She'll definitely be a tough competitor~

ram
08-22-2011, 11:26 PM
UPDATED

for now i'm just going to do that type of color, if i just spend much time on this pic i'm sure i can turn it into a masterpiece.

please critique her character description and tell me if it's confusing.

Slurpee
08-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Yup, the details in her outfit make her stand out, and pink is a good cute color.

ram
08-25-2011, 08:06 PM
yeah but I messed up with her clothes though. red and blue doesn't match her hair, or something like that >_>
I'm so not good at selecting colors

Leannah
09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
WOW ramiel I'm in love with your art, you're so nice AND talented <3
I'd be super happy if I could draw cute characters like you!

Shuro
09-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Ramiel, that could be your thing. I mean they don't have to match her hair. And I think she looks good already. Abit like the Tales series, but I don't think that is bad.

ram
09-12-2011, 06:37 AM
@Leannah, as much as I like for you to be in love with my art, I'd rather make you inlove with me:cat_shylove:

actually this isn't really hard to draw as long as you know how stuffs are done, that being said I actually hurry this up and didn't go serious with it cause cype said he won't get serious with saimoe as well, so I just did what I want to do without focusing on the difficult parts.

you can draw like this easy in no time if you just keep practicing.

@Shuro
I really don't have any Ideas about color, I think I'll go study coloring tutorials from now on.

well my thread seems to be staying alive even though I don't post pictures.
I could atleast post something for people to crit so here ya go peeps.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/djjjddjj.png
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/Untitled-2.png
please critique all you want

BTW:

I need help on controlling the brush settings, actually I am in serious need of the eraser opacity control. how the heck am I suppose to do that!!!!???

Shuro
09-12-2011, 12:21 PM
As always, good job. I do have to ask, is the girl in the first panel, all the same person? Because I notice in the side view, it looks like her bangs kind of look higher than the others.

But as for anything else, I don't see any issues.

ckyume
09-15-2011, 12:57 AM
Well its too small to be able to see it >.< , no its just a joke its looking good especially the way you draw them in perspective which is pretty hard for me to do. I got no experience with panelling so I cant give critiques on those one how come the girl in first photo doesnt have a mouth?

ram
09-15-2011, 05:54 AM
actually it's not finished, you could also notice the eyebrows.
anyway guess what..

:cat_blood:
I accidentally deleted all of the pages I worked on in manga studio,

I don't know who made manga studio but it's hella of anoying software and I feel like I don't want to use it ever again!!!

Gedeon
09-15-2011, 11:09 AM
oh i know trust me. Maybe you deleted the layer data files?

Psy
09-15-2011, 06:18 PM
You said somthing about an opacity control with the ereaser and i thought id throw this out there. Make a new layer and set your main colour as white and use the layer opacity to make what you want lighter when you go over a line with the opaque white.

ram
09-15-2011, 06:25 PM
it's because i was trying to change the DPI and some settings, then I accidentally didn't read what it's saying then just clicked yes.

then after that I was like:monkey_shocked:

@psy, thanks, I'll try that out

ckyume
09-15-2011, 09:00 PM
:cat_blood:
I accidentally deleted all of the pages I worked on in manga studio,

I don't know who made manga studio but it's hella of anoying software and I feel like I don't want to use it ever again!!!

Noooo if you hate manga studio im gonna hate you too :3 just a joke, anyway I also happen to be using this graphic software if not manga studio.

http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/cl/

ram
09-15-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm already a master of 3 softwares, (photoshop, sai, illuststudio) and right now I'm trying to master mangastudio ex, and it's probably the hardest software I ever encounter ever!!!

so I guess I'll try what you recommended. thanks.

Matt
09-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Manga Studio angst. Nothing new in the drawing community. I hate its dissimilarity with Sai and Photoshop, but I can't bring myself to hate the program itself because it's so much easier to make and organize manga pages than Photoshop. THAT SAID, I still think SmithMicro would have benefited from making it more similar to several more familiar art programs. At least let the touch ring on the side of my tablet do the same thing as it does in Photoshop.

While on that topic, is there a hotkey to zoom in and out or do you have to press the buttons on the toolbar every time?

Also, your most recent update made me install Manga Studio on my new computer. It's just that good.

Celestial-Fox
09-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I like these page layouts, but they seem really character-focused. Perhaps break it up with a background-heavy panel every once in a while? I also think that you should work on eyes. All of your eyes look exactly the same, and it's a little hard to differentiate your characters. That, and the current shape of them (beveled tops with no bottoms) makes them less expressive, in my opinion.

Also, Matt: What DOES the ring do in Ps? I have so many keys programmed that I never bothered learning the ring.

Matt
09-17-2011, 05:03 PM
@Seefy - The ring zooms, changes brush size, and rotates the canvas in Photoshop, as well as Sai.

In Manga Studio, it moves the canvas up and down, screws up your brush settings, and makes you wish you'd never touched it.

Exaggerated, but that's the idea.

Celestial-Fox
09-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Oh I see. I just right click to change brush size, and I don't rotate or zoom much, so I se that's where my problem is. (Though I am more prone to rotate in Corel Painter.)

And oooooh Manga Studio, one day it'll get the point.

ram
09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
i don't know, I use scroll on my touchpad to zoom in and out, my tablet doesn't have a scroll and i never experience those.
also.. that's the first time character shows up that's why i made it character focused. you know like how yabuki kentaro do in his manga.
link (http://5.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/7054/01-001.0/compressed/bcxc_mayoinekooverrun_ch01.mayoinekooverrun_-ch01-pg07.jpg),link (http://8.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/7054/01-001.0/compressed/bcxc_mayoinekooverrun_ch01.mayoinekooverrun_-ch01-pg16.jpg) and link (http://5.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/7054/01-004.0/compressed/lcxc_mayoinekooverrun_ch04.mayoinekooverrun_-ch04_24.jpg)

I know i'm not yet as good as this guy, but i'm aiming more to be like him without using him as reference.
it's good thing those pages are erased now, cause now i'm fired up to make a better layout of pages:monkey_hyaaa:

your right seefy, i should make different eyes from now on. i didn't really did a character design. thanks so much for the tip!!

Gedeon
09-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Ahoy Rams you asked me what size are my brushes. Almost all of them are around 0.45 mm to 0.55 mm but i don't use manga stuido that much(not at all when i think about it(also why would you want to know!? 0.o) Its awesome for toning and making a lay-out for manga's (plus the 3D rendering option is kick ass for people that can't draw BG's fo shit) But as much as drawing goes.........i think it fails.............somehow the lines are always pixalated, no matter how much of dp i use.

ram
09-17-2011, 08:29 PM
I figured how to make the lines not pixalated. you just have to turn on the anti-aliasing in the tool settings,
although I only know how to do it in raster layer. you have to make it "grayscale" not black and white and make sure the color reduction method is "do not reduce color.

I seen some other stuffs in the book i'm reading and it also teach how to turn on anti-aliasing in vector layer(although i didn't pay attention cause i don't really use vector layer).

anyway, 0.45 is thick enough i guess. as long as i control the pressure enough, I'll be using that from now on.

edit: @ matt, I use "[" key to make the brush small and "]" key to make the brush big.
actually I think this works in any software.

ram
09-30-2011, 08:12 PM
ok guys, I need help with this picture asap, actually I can't put my finger on it, but I know there's something wrong with the breast line coming from the clothing.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/samantha.jpg
anyway, here is just one of the character I just made. he's sky my oc, I'm working on the back view but I got other stuffs to take care of and kinda busy with some other stuffs
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/chara1.jpg

C&C

Matt
09-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Man, your stuff looks a LOT like Kentaro's.

Her tits look really nice on first glance, and even after Googling the proper placement, I can't put my finger on the error either. (If it helps, I didn't even see a mistake to begin with--and still don't).

Guess I'll just leave it to Nisaren or Seefy or Sutari.

ram
09-30-2011, 09:27 PM
if it helps, this is the tops that I used.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/135-1.jpg
but this girl doesn't that have a little bigger breast than the character I designed so I think it might be different.

nisaren
09-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Did I hear my name? :X

Maybe it would help if you just peeked at some photo refs. Depending on the cut and tightness of the shirt you can show off breasts or hide them a bit. Here's a couple photos that may help you visualize what your lines should look like. I apologize for not having an exact replica of your pose or awesomely direct advice, but hopefully you can figure it out.

Some ref pics under the spoiler if you'd like to use them. I tried to stick with modestly endowed women. Sorry if some are really small (pics not boobs that is <.<).

http://s6.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/0874D639.jpg
http://www.oneinhundred.com/upfiles/upimg8/Women-s-tri-blend-50--polyeste-5488938.jpg
http://www.promotional-gifts-inc.com/upload/upimg9/Promotional-Tank-Tops---Women-Tank-Top-579.jpg
http://unique-womens-gifts.com/images/woman-tank-top.jpg

In most of the pics there really aren't very many cloth folds around the breasts.

ClockHand
09-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Take care of the hands and the length of the arms.

ram
09-30-2011, 11:26 PM
thanks so much nisaren, I think I kinda know now what you mean with those refs.

and at clock, your right about that, I guess I wasn't focusing on the length of the hands.

at matt, thanks I really appreciate you saying that it looks like my one of my favorite artist's artwork, that really means a lot to me. though I guess I'm not yet there yet but I will be as good as that guy

ckyume
10-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Liking her pose although you put much effort above her waist why not a little more to her feet? ^_^ and guy in perspective seems to lean back, I like.

ram
10-01-2011, 02:10 AM
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/samantha-2.jpg
there we go, I'm kinda bored finallizing it so I'll just put the awesome details when I'm going to put them in my manga. >_>
the first chapter would likely her consist to wear these clothes, darn I'm already almost out of ideas just designing these clothes.
hope someone reply in fashion designing thread soon.

anyway, c&c

Hamachi
10-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Was this done with reference or illustrated? I'm really impressed... O_o

ram
10-01-2011, 02:54 AM
I probably did both, If you look into the reference I used you wouldn't be able to almost see the similarity though.

This is now a serious character designing that I will put into my manga and I don't want to be issued into art theft design in the future. >_>

Gedeon
10-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I might be wrong but i get the impression that the legs are too long for the rest of the body, but since that isn't important here.....
I like the second one, and as for the third ne its kinda hard to make it out. So il wait for your finalized version(if you post any before your manga).

Hamachi
10-01-2011, 11:46 AM
You think so? Looks 8 heads high to me. The fact that her feet are pointing down might make her legs seem a bit more elongated, but this is nothing compared to how tall fashion illustrators make their stuff.

CypressDahlia
10-01-2011, 12:02 PM
The forms on her arms and legs look a little strange. Next time you come onto GB, we can work on muscle placement.

ram
10-01-2011, 12:14 PM
ALRIGHT!! I'll have cype tutor me!!
yeah now that you mention it, it does kinda look weird. >_> all I see is just the lines from the elbows and risk, other than that I don't know

edit: well I'm getting sleepy now, I got into the gb but it does seem that all I see is dead body of cype >_>
I'll go in as soon as I wake up. I'll try to go back to my books as well for less work for cype to explain too many things.

ram
10-06-2011, 08:27 AM
ok something is definitely wrong with me in zooming stuffs or doing some large image and doing some small image.

I don't know if it's just me but characters that I made big one looks different from the small one.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/aa-2.jpg

that applies to the character in my saimoe as well.
I'll try to make a video as well of how I draw, it could be just in my drawing process.

CypressDahlia
10-06-2011, 10:39 AM
the facial alignment is slightly off, which is why the features seem different. A good way to practice aligning facial features is to draw head turn-arounds, but line them up using guidelines.

Gedeon
10-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Well apart from what cype said i would only point out that it seems that you have a problem with chins. So here is a redline
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc362/Gedeon-Gedza/aa-2.jpgOther then that pretty solid.

ram
10-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks Ged,

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/GreaterMythology.jpg

Stupidly thinking, I thought that I don't need to practice Value Sketching cause I'm aiming to be a manga artist, And now I feel stupid not being able to control the shadows. >_>

Sylux
10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Ram is sugoi da

ckyume
10-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Wow an update! its manga studio right? I wonder what game she's playing and hopefully not a dating game, looks like having a hard time figuring it out. Now time to give my 2c... her index finger although still rough was a little bit long imo , should be more relaxed or leaning backwards after all its a soft sofa.

kaspar
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
WOW!!! Ram you did a great job!!!
Keep at it, good things will happen...

ram
10-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Ram is sugoi da
Domo

WOW!!! Ram you did a great job!!!
Keep at it, good things will happen...
I hope so, I'm kinda losing hope in my skills,
I feel like what I do isn't good enough

Wow an update! its manga studio right? I wonder what game she's playing and hopefully not a dating game, looks like having a hard time figuring it out. Now time to give my 2c... her index finger although still rough was a little bit long imo , should be more relaxed or leaning backwards after all its a soft sofa.

I don't want to be called someone who doesn't accept critique but I think her index finger is fine, well mine looks longer when I'm holding a psp, I do think your right about the sofa though.

Oh and I'm just planning to put a text "game over" in the psp, making her look like playing would be hard to draw in my current skills.

ram
10-18-2011, 12:24 AM
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/GreaterMythology-1.jpg
C&C, I don't understand myself right now but I feel like I'm not improving at all. I've been studying human internal organs and not enjoying it at all, been studying shadows, but still doesn't know how to blend it correctly, I guess just don't know how to control the brush settings and when to adjust opacity or something.

I wonder if this is the feeling of artblock.

Psy
10-18-2011, 01:25 AM
I would say take a break from your art if you feel like this. No point in having a burn out when you aren't being paid to do this. Yes you want to get better but everything will blend together unless you step away from it and come back with fresh eyes.

ram
10-18-2011, 01:31 AM
Does it really work like that? The advice I got from googling says that I shouldn't stop drawing and don't let artblock take over, something like that.

Psy
10-18-2011, 02:50 AM
If you can't see where you need to improve or can't find mistakes and sure they are there then you are probably to close to your art and need to step away for a bit (not days or anything that extreme just a few hours) then come back to see where you can improve or diagnose the problem. When you focus on one thing to much it blends so much that you can't pick it apart and break it down to make sure everything is going according to plan. Do you have anything else you do for fun besides drawing (I think drawing should be for fun)? Other hobbies could help you get your mind off art and let you enjoy it more.

CypressDahlia
10-18-2011, 04:46 AM
I think the way you draw feet could use a little work. The feet you are currently drawing are slightly clog-like and bulky in the front. Shoes, especially sneakers, tend to be more streamlined and form-fitting. Maybe do a few sketches of shoes to see how the form is expressed. It requires some foreshortening skills.

And I agree that the index finger is just slightly long. Also, it only seems to have two joints. If you hold a PSP, your index finger would not be bent at a perfect angle like that. All three joints would curve. Try it.

ram
10-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Curses! I hate it when I am being corrected but happen to correct that person who's trying to correct me and in the end I'm the one who's really wrong! I apologize Ckyume.

Gedeon
10-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Well all i could see wrong is that the girls are smaller then the couches xD other then that good for the early stage.

ram
10-18-2011, 06:57 PM
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/GreaterMythology-2.jpg

C&C, I tried to fix the feet but I feel it's still off, Just tell me if it looks fine or not.

You know it feels like no matter what I do I can't make a page that looks like a manga.

NWAP
10-19-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm positive that one reason it doesn't look like a manga is your inking lines. There are a lot of stray lines, dots, wobbles and inconsistencies. Your inking should be smooth and clean. Your sketching is always smooth and fluid and very clean for the most part, but when it comes to inking it almost appears that you are trying to "redraw" the picture, instead of just bold-ing the smooth line art you already did. your inking should be, as clean, if not cleaner than your line art.

I've read tons of great mangas were i've noticed small anatomical errors on every other page almost. The fact is, there's often a lot of pages to draw in a manga, there's going to be anatomical mistakes sometimes. But if the inking and lines are smooth and attractive and the shading and tones are good, a lot of times people will overlook the small anatomical errors. You have a really good grasp on anatomy, and you should continue to look to improve on it, but if you want it to look like a manga, you cant forget about the details.

ram
10-19-2011, 05:49 PM
First I don't like your avatar NWAP, makes me forget that your a ninja.

about that, yeah I've been redrawing a lot, when I noticed that the proportions doesn't fit the shadows I erase and redraw the ink.
Your right that I was too much focusing on anatomy, I guess I should let some stuffs slide.

ram
10-23-2011, 09:10 AM
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/GreaterMythology-4.jpg

I decided to completely erase the shadows and just put the shadowing later on, I got a high lack in making shadows so I'll just do those things later on, For now C&C to the things you see

ram
03-23-2012, 01:30 AM
trying out some new clothes designing...
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2012/03/ram-some-clothes-designing.jpg?t=4f6c09b8e5aee

Edit: C&C

Sylux
03-23-2012, 05:54 AM
Damn, Ram, fine lookin art!

ram
03-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Fine looking avatar Sylux.. although that's not true cause that's not my picture.
Also your probably one of the best guy who's capable of answering this so.... How can I resize a 3d object?
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/page-4.jpg
c&C

Sylux
03-23-2012, 01:31 PM
What program are you using? Also Ram I was talking about the comic. It is yours right? :P

ram
03-23-2012, 06:40 PM
The only 3d softwares I have here is Sketchup and 3d Max...

My problem is that my .DFX files or .OBJ files is too big when I import them on mangastudio...
Since I seem to be not really good at drawing backgrounds and doesn't seem to be improving at all I decided to use 3d softwares and just trace it.

Here's an example
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/page-5.jpg
The problem is that it lags like hell if I import my created backgrounds.. OTL

And yeah the manga is mine.. I keep repeating the pages over and over..

Edit:

Fine looking avatar Sylux.. although that's not true cause that's not my picture.

When I said this I mean your avatar is not true cause I'm the hotest man Alive and my picture is suppose to be there.

Sylux
03-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Scale them down and export them as obj files, that oughta do it

ram
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Nah that doesn't work at all... in google sketchup atleast.. I exported it and tried scaling them and exported it again and it seems to be still 60mb size..

What program do you use that changes size of it?

Sylux
03-23-2012, 10:37 PM
You have to compress it yourself. Use Max's scaling gizmo to take it down about 800&#37;, methinks. Worst comes to worst make a rendering of it straight in Max or whatever and then put the .png in the comic.

ram
03-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Thanks... Actually I don't know what scaling gizmo is... Since I don't really know how to use 3d max..

But after watching in youtube I was able to know how to do it.. Thanks

Sylux
03-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, hahaha

ram
03-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Nah I wouldn't be able to figure it out without you telling me.. I was actually searching in google and youtube for the past few days and typing "how to change resolution of 3d object in 3d max" and some other related keywords stuffs and they just give complicated explanations or different stuffs I don't understand...

If I didn't knew the keyword "scaling gizmo" then I guess I wouldn't figure it out.

Sylux
03-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Cool man. If you're really interested in Max I think getting some training dvds online would be a good move (y'know, the 45-hour long ones, hahaha)

Celestial-Fox
03-25-2012, 06:40 PM
First I don't like your avatar NWAP, makes me forget that your a ninja.
Hahaha~

Hey, long time, no see! (Ugh, university is killing my activity on this place!) I like the progress you're making. I never knew about that 3D rendering program--your intended use for it is awesome and I love it. I follow an artist that uses Google Sketchup for modeling and overpainting, but I like how your program outputs linework.

Your fashion sketches are good with details, but I think you should take some time to evaluate more than buckles and ruffles in fashion. If you look at the silhouettes themselves, they're almost all the same: fitted top with fabric flowing away from the waist alongside a short hemline. This alone makes those designs look more or less the same. I encourage you to exploring different shapes in your designs!

ram
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Cool man. If you're really interested in Max I think getting some training dvds online would be a good move (y'know, the 45-hour long ones, hahaha)

How do I open it? I think I have the tutorial list here and it doesn't seem to be a video avi or mkv or whatever... it's "max scene files" I tried opening it but it just shows those models but no tutorial playing.....

Hahaha~

Hey, long time, no see! (Ugh, university is killing my activity on this place!) I like the progress you're making. I never knew about that 3D rendering program--your intended use for it is awesome and I love it. I follow an artist that uses Google Sketchup for modeling and overpainting, but I like how your program outputs linework.

Your fashion sketches are good with details, but I think you should take some time to evaluate more than buckles and ruffles in fashion. If you look at the silhouettes themselves, they're almost all the same: fitted top with fabric flowing away from the waist alongside a short hemline. This alone makes those designs look more or less the same. I encourage you to exploring different shapes in your designs!

I missed you too Seef :3

You know I never looked at Silhouettes ever when I'm designing or drawing something... Heck I just learned the meaning of the word after you told me and googled it... OTL..

your right that I should focus more on that... I think I'll go look more into some other references for details.

doghateburger
05-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Ok, I remember you know, the pink hair oc is yours right?

ram
05-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Yeah it is, Thanks :D

doghateburger
05-09-2012, 05:20 AM
lol, i only recall a pink hair girl in bondage >_>

ram
05-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Sorry about that, I actually don't have a very complete OC cause I always change character design of it.. never satisfied and never had been..

That page on my last post that I've rewrite so many times, And still looks like it have been drawn by different persons, and now it came to this.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/page-7.jpg

So yeah I don't have a very complete OC, So it's alright if you don't do mine... I just like winning guessing games XD

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-13-2012, 04:28 AM
your composition is awesome*o*! i noticed in the second panel that the brunette's hips appear to have gotten wider, though.

Sylux
05-13-2012, 11:55 AM
As much as I hate your guts Ram I really think you're a very good artist.

Cloudy
05-14-2012, 04:12 AM
That's not very nice Sylux

ram
05-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks Cloudy but I was the first one who bully Sylux joking that I will hit on her sister so I don't deserve to be protected.

@mereana, I'm probably not capable of editing that either way and I can get away with it if it's just a simple hip. but thanks for the crit.

Here's an incomplete pic that you can crit.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/GreaterMythology-8.jpg
I noticed I got a big problem when it comes to drawing bigger one and small one so ima planning to rewrite the big one.

doghateburger
05-18-2012, 03:40 PM
That girl sitting one the floor seems a bit uncomfortable, Especially the her right leg. Maybe its the way you align the shoe laces. hmmm..its just looking real funny for me.

Aside from that, things are prettty tight!

ram
05-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Shoe laces huh... Ok I'll try to edit that.

WhenRabbitsAttack
05-19-2012, 05:16 AM
actually, i copied her pose, and it's not that uncomfortable,i think it just appears that way because it;s such an unusual position.

also, where are the dialogue bubbles going to go? stuff like that can make or break a page /8

ram
05-19-2012, 06:03 AM
actually, i copied her pose, and it's not that uncomfortable

I actually did too.. man I look so lame on the mirror OTL

I already calculated where the speech bubble would go, There would be some detail there that would be covered but it doesn't matter that much.

I just hide the speech bubble so it can be critique properly.

Shindoutou
05-19-2012, 04:05 PM
One comment on the previous page (on the previous page): make the background less prominent > make the girl stand out more to the background. Especially in that panel with the tv in the background. It's distracting a bit (for me), you could try and make it a little bit lighter

ram
05-20-2012, 04:22 AM
I'll remember to edit that on my finishing touch, as for now I'll leave that there, thank's for the Crit

mimi_kiel
05-27-2012, 12:37 AM
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2012/05/ram-she-s-hot-litterally_500.jpg
~It's me ram~
here's for the Saimoe Competition!
She's Samantha Rodwell.. actually at the beginning of my manga I named her Candy since I got a lot of my friends telling me Samantha is not a very pretty name

Bio: She's discovered she have the power of air when she was 6 (it's not actually bending, my physics of power is not like that) Anyways her powers usually reacts on emotion and she loves playing with it but kept it a secret from her friends all the time.. it usually reacts on her emotion like too much anger or too much joy, she discovered that cause she accidentally used it on her friends from time to time but because it's a transparent power and it's easy to hide and she has nothing to fear and it's easy too come up with other stories since it's just air.

when she was 8 her little brother was born, there was a time where a burglar comes to her house and a gun was pointed towards her and her brother and that's where she almost killed her brother because she can't handle her powers very much.. after that she breaks up with her friends and swore to never show too much emotion all the time.

she smiles and uses some angry faces emotion but it's not really through the heart.

Also this scene is where she's battling in the beach with some guy with the power of fire, well.. I am practicing fire anyways.. >_>

trilokcool3
05-27-2012, 05:22 AM
Isn't it RAM's thread Hmm... Kind of confusing perhaps you should have pm it to MIKURU the hole sorta thing . But still then nice.
And sorry RAM i was searching i could say anything about your arts, well there ain't any faults in it . ''RAM THE GREAT'' does make sense the way you do. :) :)

ram
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/page-8.jpg
here I made a quick sketch... this is from my manga... err. (and no their not naked in scene I just draw naked before drawing the clothes)..... do you think the girl is too big? cause if I make her a little bit smaller she might come out too short in comparison with the male.

So what do you think?

Demonfyre
06-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I think it looks awesome even though you havent clothed them yet :D I also think it looks good as it is but I suppose if you wanted to you could decrease the girl's size a bit to make the man seem more heroic (I'm assuming he has saved her or something)? Not sure if it would work or not but maybe it would be worth experimenting with :) I love the way you draw your art by the way! Sorry that i'm unable to provide more feedback :/

ram
06-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks, I'll consider experimenting.

Do you think I could get away with it if I make her a little smaller here and make her bigger when standing postures in the other scenes?

Demonfyre
06-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I would imagine so as long as you were careful with the perspective and proportions etc and don't over do it, I couldn't really confirm or not because i'm not good enough and haven't really experimented with said technique myself, I suggested it because I remember hearing a friend of mine who attend an art college talking about it.

What I can suggest though is that if you experiment around and do some quick sketches and post them up so people can see them, we will be able to tell you whether or not it would work in that particular setting :)

ram
06-09-2012, 09:50 PM
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/page-9.jpg

here's another try, I guess I should just change all of my pages here on out.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-10-2012, 03:11 AM
this looks good! her size does look better in comparison to the male. is he supposed to be smiling at the camera though?

ram
06-10-2012, 04:04 AM
Now that you mention it I think I did made a mistake on where he's looking

Delphinus
06-10-2012, 05:08 AM
I kind of like it as it is. Look at the girl's face, then back to the boy's.

The guy is sort of grinning at the camera, and the girl is looking at him like "why aren't you looking at me?" It's got a bit of an unpleasant undertone to it that could be pretty cool if developed. My favourite shoujo, Kare Kano, is all about this sort of subtle nastiness/insecurity and what the characters do to help themselves.

The fingers of the hand under her leg seem a little stubby. I can't really redline or anything though because I'm not an artist.

ram
06-10-2012, 05:23 AM
fixed it, Thanks Delph... No need to be in "I'm no artist attitude"you seem to have a great eye on it.
Here I just fixed what you told me to.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/page-10.jpg

Still having problems on the hood and skirt in this angle.

Shadowsfade
06-10-2012, 07:21 AM
I think the skirt is pretty much fine, one of my friends picked me up like this once when i was in a dress, and the way the skirt is seems pretty much the way my dress was in the photograph of it ^^

as for the hood, maybe have it draping over her right shoulder (closest to us) slightly? rather than just in the middle, just coz it looks like she's tilting towards us ever so slightly, so maybe that would help represent it a bit - plus if he's picked her up or caught her or whatever, there woulda been movement involved, so the hood wouldnt be 100&#37; in the middle of her back

hope that helps, the pic is looking really good so far!

ram
06-10-2012, 08:07 AM
:monkey_madlove:Show me that pic of you being picked up!

Anyways, Yeah I figured just as much about the hood, I'm really having a bad headache today.

I'll just do this tomorrow. OTL

Demonfyre
06-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Its starting to look really good now Ram :) all I noticed has been mentioned and you have fixed :)

Gedeon
06-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Pretty awesome.
Although the Girls legs look a bit large.

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 07:33 PM
^yes maybe a little. Also, the underside of her left hip goes too much away from her body, makes it look like she got her ass down her legs xD At least that's my opinion...

But that's really the only flaw on that picture! I love your style, Ram =D You make awesome art.

ram
06-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh! I knew there's something wrong with her ass! Damn elto your really an expert on Asses huh.

oh and about the legs, I really like girls with large legs.. so yeah that was intentional.

eltoroguaco
06-10-2012, 10:02 PM
http://deliciouscake.wazdat.com/img/c_1261622278738_gloria_big-butt.gif

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-11-2012, 01:19 AM
^ lol. asses are hard to draw though. especially since the shape changes depending on the gender :/

ram
06-14-2012, 07:12 AM
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/page-11.jpg

I feel like I made the fire too strong.. does it look weird?

Demonfyre
06-14-2012, 07:18 AM
I think it looks fine on the left side but on the right it's a bit more dense compared with the left, you could also consider spreading some of the fire on the ground using burning foliage etc. Its looking great by the way :D can I ask how you made it?

Hope I helped somewhat :)

ram
06-14-2012, 07:49 AM
What do you mean? the fire?

Demonfyre
06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah the fire, that is how I see it anyway. Sorry for not being more specific on the original post :/

ram
06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Oh, no, I'm not the one who's not being specific.

I mean what do you mean of how I created? you mean how I created the fire? or the whole picture?

Demonfyre
06-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Just the fire, the rest of it is brilliant really :) unfortunately fire is a horrendous thing to draw :/

If you know why I mean if you look at the right side the fire looks much more concentrated compared with the left

ram
06-14-2012, 12:20 PM
it's just random strokes and some experiments with the brush settings, with overlay layer... unfortunately I'm still not good with it.

but as long as you know how to paint you can do it easy.. well to my level atleast.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-15-2012, 05:13 AM
i think the fire looks fine. they layout of the page is confusing me though. which way is it supposed to be read right-left or vice versa? i can't tell :/ (though that could just be my relative inexperience:/)

ram
06-15-2012, 05:52 AM
It's right to left you fool.

it's a small size how can you even read it?

ram
06-15-2012, 08:39 AM
But if a mortal like you really want to critique on a perfect being like I am, I'll let you atleast give it a try bwahahaha
page 1
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/GreaterMythology-9.jpg
the page 2
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/GreaterMythology10002.jpg
I'm still having trouble with this cause... I don't know how to handle the cut on the middle if the books is open

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-16-2012, 01:29 AM
if you call me a fool i'll stop critiquing your art >:C

on the 3rd page put the title of your story either in the lower left hand corner or in the center of the page (like the title frame of a movie) an then do the cool wallpaper-y thingy that you see alot in comic books.
you could try and make it work (the wallpaper) by panelling similar wallpapers around or over each other. that way you could deal with the cut by making the panels of wallpaper go to the edges of the paper without having to connect them across the pages.

page 1, give the brunette guy a background. could be art noveau style, could be pure black or a literal back ground, what ever, just give it a background because white isn't really suitable as a colour for emotionally charged scenes.

suddenthought: if you reversed the ballon colours on the last panel (pg 2) it would give alot more emphasis to the words.

you can edit the size and resolution of your page in the settings bar of your browser.duh

ram
06-16-2012, 06:06 AM
I can't believe a mortal like you was able to give advice to a perfect being like I am!

Yes I will consider your request human.

Also he's not a brunette, he has pure black hair but the light of the fire is reflecting on his hair.

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-17-2012, 01:04 AM
ram, sometimes the gods must learn from their servants, as their trivial callings give a comparison to their own godly pursuits.

i can't belive i'm still playing along with ur perfect being thing -,-'

okay, but he appears to be a brunette beause of the aforementioned fire, so you can't blame me for assuming.

JJJorgie
06-17-2012, 01:16 AM
On page 1, is it supposed to be "the last 'pefect' being"? Or was that meant to say "perfect"?

WhenRabbitsAttack
06-17-2012, 01:54 AM
so the 'perfect' being made a spelling mistake, did he?

hmm.....

ram
06-17-2012, 05:58 AM
.... err... no that was intentional, I did it to test you mortals! good work spotting it JJorgie.

Gaff
06-17-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm really liking the fiery background on page 1, but I would agree with WRA about the white background in that right hand panel. If you even filled it with black, you could just leave a white outline around the character to give it some contrast.

One other thing though; last panel, "if your the only one" should be "if you're the only one".

ram
06-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks! darn it, maybe I should just make this into my original language >_>

JJJorgie
06-17-2012, 11:58 PM
.... err... no that was intentional, I did it to test you mortals! good work spotting it JJorgie.

Thank you, oh mighty one!