PDA

View Full Version : Ardashiri Nights (E)



Pages : [1] 2

Kodos
05-23-2011, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPUAhSGZtvU
A bit rushed, but deal with it! Also there's only three of you for now - Zizi, Fail, and Reg. Windy get in touch!

The last few months have certainly been interesting.

First there was that global quake that shook the world, and not much else. That was certainly an odd enough occurrence in and of itself, and foreign traders said that some Druids felt it was a sign of something wrong, or soon to be wrong, in Nature. But only a few Druid villages seemed to get really worried or upset. The second tremor was more of the same.

Then came the word from the Western Kingdoms that Therion, the Doom of Heroes, King of Rape, Worldsmasher, and so on, had been demanding greater
and more frequent tributes of treasure and women from his conquered territories, that his armies had been on the move, his production of undead increased,
and that the Doom of Heroes himself had been spotted outside of his lair on at least two separate occasions.

Oh dear.

Then Brookhaven, some city out West. What the fuck was that all about? Reports were strangely vague about that. All you knew - if even that little - was
that Therion did something to the town and everyone died and apparently it's so fucked that no one can even live there anymore. How lovely.
And then came Doré. The shining bastion of civilization and justice in the West was destroyed by the Worldsmasher. Its princesses taken, its cities smashed,
the country was in ruins and the survivors few.

How lovely.

Then he proceeded to smash Champignon, some small kingdom near Lareaux. Rumors of increased activity among his agents are also rife.

And the rumors are unclear, but something terrible has happened in the Ardashiri city of Qajar. The stories are horrible and sometimes conflicting, but the general tone suggests that whatever Therion did to Brookhaven his agents had repeated in Qajar.

Clearly Therion was off on one of his frequent "FUCK THE WORLD I AM AWESOME!" trips.

Luckily, none of it concerned you directly. Therion rarely fucked with Ardashir, after all.
Right?

Besides, you were just Adventurers, which was a fancy way of saying "mercenaries who don't always just kill people".

***

You'd been told that a certain recent immigrant to Al-Uzza had need of services like yours. He was supposedly one of the handful of survivors of Brookhaven, a Wizard of great skill and knowledge. He'd gotten a job for himself teaching at the Great Madrasah, and was already quite famous in the city. The only things, it was said, that surpassed his knowledge and skill were his arrogance and anti-social behaviors.
But money is money, right? And at least he wasn't a pervert or anything. Not like that horrible Brass Dragon that's always stomping around the city rambling about chairs and staring at womens' chests.

***

You were escorted by some apprentice Wizards through the Madrasah to what you assumed was Mr. Weiss' office. The Madrasah, like any respectable school of magic, was full of life. Students arguing over theories, teachers arguing over theories, explosions from poorly cast spells, and occasionally odd sights like that octopus you passed on the way to the second floor which you were told to simply ignore.

Weiss was seated as you entered his office, which was covered in bookshelves. A strange crystal sat in the corner atop a brazier-like device. Viktor himself seated behind a simple wooden desk.

"You must be adventurers, then?" He said, clearly disinterested in you. "I hope you're better than the last lot. They're still off on the task I sent them on. They are very nearly as worthless as my students."

"Which brings me to my task for you. It is very simple. I need you to check in with some students of mine who are out of town on some research. I've not heard from them in some time. I'd do it myself but, alas, my duties here as a teacher deny me the time to travel."

"They're in an old fortress not too far from the city. About a day's travel, at most. I've taken care of the travel arrangements for you already. I want you to go there, find out why those irresponsible idiots haven't provided me their weekly report, and then come back to me. Simple, no? I imagine even a motley trio consisting of a glorified thug, a roaming savage, and and a half-breed woman who is most likely Horned Society could handle this one, no?" Viktor smiled.

What a nice man.

Regantor
05-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Ismat Makaarim (http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/REG11IsmatIIIWIP1Testcolours3.jpg) swanned though the various disarranged classrooms like a possessed doll, enjoying her current black gothic dress getup a little too much and taking to swaying about in a supremely disordered manner. Hell knows if she actually knew she was part of the hired party or not, because in her millisecond-short attention span she had failed to look at either of the other members even once. Every few seconds she'd break off, either to invade the personal space of an interesting-looking individual, or to grasp at a neat object, then lazily discard it a few paces away from where she found it.

Black pigtails, pointed ears and sleek, placid amber eyes offset a quadruple set of jewelry-encrusted horns, giving her face a meek goat-like quality that was equal parts attractive and off-putting. The body was a similar story, possessing soft coffee-colored skin, plentiful curves and a pair of arms permanently stained with crimson genetic heresy. There would be no hiding tiefling features like these; but why one would choose to dress in a way that works off of her sinister attributes was probably a question best left unasked.

With the same placid, detached expression, she floated into Viktor's office and simply continued dancing about to unheard music, never halting for a second and pouring through everything in hand's reach. The insult was met with a quick childish scowl towards him, extending her tongue, before the short thing instantly went back to the task of attaching value to everything he had exposed. Sometimes she just picked up and re-arranged things without even looking at them.

Worst rogue ever?

Superdooperphailmachine
05-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Anass looked like a commoner, his only defining feature being his height.
He didn't really seem too happy with the job. Probably because assassins tend not to go on missing persons contracts, Viktor didn't seem to trustworthy either surely a wizard as powerful as him could be there and back again in a moment. He didn't bring this up though.

zizi
05-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Ode Sawalha (http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/42/ode1.png) raised an elegant eyebrow slightly at the word 'savage'. She refolded her hands in her lap, smoothing out her overskirt. As she shifted, one of the splits that ran most of the way down the sides gaped open briefly, revealing a flash of the slightly sheer golden brown material that made up the loose trousers she wore beneath, and through that a flash of lean dark thigh.

"Funny," she said mildly, "you would expect a magic man of your calibre not to need to put down those around him with petty insults." She re-crossed her legs, the light material of her overskirt swirling around her as she did so, the loose threads of gold that hung free among the folds catching the light. She smiled a smile that had no intention of meeting her eyes, "I guess even the greatest of wizards must feel the need to compensate for something."

Her smile widened, almost as reptillian as the monitor lizard that crouched next to her legs. "But no matter. I'm sure you have your reasons for feeling the need to assert your authority over people such as us. How much money is at stake to do your task and endure your patronisation?"

Suddenly she extended a slender finger and tapped the monitor lizard sharply on the head. "Nuru," she admonished, "you may not bite my fellow motley adventurers." She inclined her head towards Anass in a sort of apology, continuing to adress her familiar. "Even thugs; no matter how glorified they may be."

Kodos
05-25-2011, 09:51 PM
"The thing you'll learn quickly, my dear, is that reality is seldom what we expect it to be."

"You'll get 500 gold pieces each on your way out, with another 500 each when you return with an explanation as to why my students have failed to provide me with a status update. It's far more than such a simple task deserves."

He waved a hand dismissively. "If there's nothing else, I suggest you be off. There are some skeletal horses waiting for you outside. They know where to go. I've work to attend to, as do you."

Regantor
05-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Ismat moved infront of her companions, giving them a servere examination with her eyes, whilst also still repetatively bouncing on her heals and limply swinging her arms at her sides.

"..." Cogs were turning. Clear attention was given to Ode's footwear. Anass' jaw structure. The length of Nuru's tail.

"Sufficent strength." She informed Viktor, meagerly, after a long pause. It was as much of a 'yes' as they were going to get. She had began making her way to the horses as soon as she had finished talking.

Superdooperphailmachine
05-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Anass, ignoring the woman with the lizard, went off to the horses with the bizarre creature. Not saying a word to Viktor, Anass didn't really want to talk to such a condescending dickhead and doubted Viktor would want to speak with him.

Kodos
05-27-2011, 02:59 PM
The skeletla horses knew where to go, taking you straight to the fort.

***

The old fort was a stone building, as you might have expected. There were a few skeletal horses waiting lifelessly (pardon the pun) outside. There were no footprints visible about the exterior that you could see.

The doors were large and stone.

ENTER FORT Y/N

Regantor
05-28-2011, 08:10 AM
"...If I sneak in first... I doubt I can carry out enough loot for all of us..." Ismat attempted to bargain with the others. Her body language was showing pretty big issues with the idea that they'd consider sending her inside alone first to scout the place, as was typical. Every trick in the book was at work; Inward arching shoulders, batting her eyelids, remaining on the saddle for high ground, and even sending a little of that impressive cleavage Anass' way. This didn't include the red feet poking out the bottom of her dress, through, which were rather enjoying hyperactively air-paddlling under the heavy sunlight.

"So, you have any ideas, noble woman?" The tiefling turned to Ode for extra flattery. Her voice was clear and precise, smeared with great dollops of naivety.

Superdooperphailmachine
05-28-2011, 03:42 PM
"I'll just see if anyone's around before we go barging in." Anass said, pulling his eyes away from Ismat's cleavage and climbing the wall.
He looked through a little crenallation to see if anything was waiting for them inside.
Climb: 1d20+17=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3045924/)
Spot:1d20+21=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3045930/)

Kodos
05-28-2011, 03:51 PM
The crenelations on the front of the fort opened to a long hallway that presumably ran around the fort so that archers could shoot out.

There didn't seem to be any signs of violence or struggle, from what Anass could see. The hallway had accumulated considerable sand and dust, though, so apparently no one had been on the second floor for a while.

Superdooperphailmachine
05-28-2011, 04:14 PM
"We can sneak in through this window." Anass climbed down, and grabbed the women's hands. "Or would you rather open that heavy looking door?"
Climb:1d20+17=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3045965/)

zizi
05-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Ode rolled her eyes and snapped, "Rouge, cease your simpering get down from the horse and check the doors for any nasty surprises." She swung down from her own horse, wincing slightly as Nuru dug his claws into her shoulders. "We'll go through the front door. We're just here playing glorified babysitters checking up for daddy; we're not trying to kill anyone, get information or do anything else that explicitly requires stealth." She bent and allowed Nuru to climb to the floor, stroking a finger along his head as she did so. "Besides, we rather scuppered the whole stealth thing with our approach."
She moved towards the other skeletal horses and examined them carefully, "These are no doubt the student's horses. Whatever happened to them- and going by the state of the place and the fact that no-one has come to ask why we're here I'm guessing it's not just laziness that resulted in there being no report- they did not leave of their own violation." She paused and shrugged, "Well, unless they had some other way of travelling. Considering they were students of magic, however, it seems odd that they wouldn't just take the horses."

Superdooperphailmachine
05-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Anass just shook his head.
"I think we should go in through the window, it is much easier than going in through that door and probably safer. besides a wizard like our employer would be able to contact these students on his own, it would be quicker and cheaper than hiring us too. I don't trust him."

Regantor
05-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Ismat looked like she was going to kiss Anass for his gallantry at first, but she just sort of clapped her hands on his cheeks, smiled, and left it at that instead.

"Not well met, miss..." She spoke softly, turning her nose up right back at Ode as she hopped clear of her steed. The new added high difference made her decidedly not threatening. "In my experience, magic fellows are quite frequently absorbed in their experienced frequency of experienced magics. Walking to the front door isn't hard if they don't care about you coming towards their front door specifically. Those fellows, anyway, them."

Despite her complaints, she examined the door for locks and traps regardless. It would be better to find out now, encase they had to leave in a hurry.

Search;
1d20+10=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3047899/)

It would be easier to tell if she was trying to sneak if the woman ever walked normally.

Kodos
05-29-2011, 09:21 PM
There were no traps that Ismat could find.

Regantor
05-29-2011, 09:38 PM
"It's... clean..." Ismat noted, breifly. "and not trapped... or locked closed..."

zizi
05-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Ode regarded Ismat for a few moments, before turning back to the horses. "I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, and I sincerely don't care. Anyway, the thug's right, they must have had a simple messaging system." She glanced at Anass briefly, "And no, of course we don't trust him." She finished examining the horses and moved back, frowning slightly. "Trustworthy people do not usually employ the likes of you or," she gestured to Ismat, "that over there." Ode adjusted her headscarf, adding as an afterthought, "And they certainly don't employ me."

She nodded as Ismat reported her findings and she sighed, "I'll defer to your expertise, Anass. Through the window it is. Either of you can go first; I don't much care. I'd suggest the devilspawn so she can pick locks and such but you can decide that yourselves. As I've not exactly had experience sneaking into buildings and suchlike I'll bring up the rear; I am rather less subtle than either of you."

Regantor
05-29-2011, 10:07 PM
"D-D-Devilspawn? YOu reALly went ahead and sAId it?" Ismat's arms writhed togeather like unruly snakes, but the wobbly tone of her voice suggested she was actually quite offended. Looking over her shoulder whilst turning around, she shot Ode a dissaproving look whilst slowly milling closer to the wall's sheer face. "And you wonder why I'm warry of getting used as cannon fodder..." Gone was the ditzy naivety, replaced now with spiteful slurrs at the tip of a hat.

Superdooperphailmachine
05-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Anass hadn't been legitimately smiled at in a long time. So he wasn't best pleased when Ode called Ismat 'Devilspawn'
"Ode, please try to be less antagonistic, I don't like working with bitchy people. And we aren't climbing in, windows are much too small, I can teleport us in."

zizi
06-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Ode sneered, "Well, I don't particularly like working with devilspawn or... well, people like you." She shrugged, "I guess we'll just have to suck it up, won't we?" She shot Ismat a look and then rolled her eyes, "But I apologise I suppose. I figured someone like yourself would be used to being called that."

After a second she tutted with impatience at Anass, "Well, get on with it then. Teleport us in."

Superdooperphailmachine
06-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Anass sighed as he took the girls by their hands, Ode was a real pain.
Flailing everyones hands, Anass used dimension door to teleport the group inside the building.

Kodos
06-08-2011, 02:43 PM
It was, obviously, the same hallway as before. Only two options: Left or right.

Regantor
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Ismat grumbled and writhed with her limbs constantly from the moment the comment had been made, seemingly absorbed in a world of not so much outright hate, but definate aggitation. Was she milking it, or supressing something more? To whatever end, it did seem that the short grizzly-adorable thing was intentionally making herself hard to read.

"...You shouldn't... Why would you.. shame on... it's not well met, it's... un-nice and..."

Tapping lightly on Anass' shoulder for encouragement but not really saying anything usefull, Ismat moved further along the left corridor with a strangely both silent and stumbling gait.


Search;
1d20+10=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3064273/)

Move Silently;
1d20+18=35 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3064304/)

Kodos
06-08-2011, 09:43 PM
There were no signs of life. But there was a staircase leading down to the first floor. :O

Superdooperphailmachine
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Anass followed Ismat and then continued down the stair silently, keeping an eye out for any trouble.

Move silently:1d20+24=40 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3065066/)
Spot:1d20+21=40 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3065072/)

Kodos
06-09-2011, 02:47 PM
The first floor had four rooms that Anass could see. To the 'south' (I'm not sure what direction the building is actually facing. I've oriented it this way, but whatever. 'Sides, not like you guys have a compass anyway.) was the actual entrance to the fort. There were four rooms that he could see - two larger, two smaller. There were no signs of struggle - except possibly one thing - and only one other curious thing.

The larger room to the left had the door barricaded. From this side. Heavy chains bound it tightly shut. It seemed the students wanted to keep something in that room.

Second, there were several shattered mirrors on the walls that Anass could see, bits of broken glass littering the floor beneath them.

Curious.
http://i.imgur.com/Wzf1h.png
Stairs are the arrows. The red door is the obviously barricaded one. Dots indicate broken mirrors. White bits are bits Anass can't see (he's at the left staircase) due to angle or the door being shut. Thicker lines are doors.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Anass approached the barricaded door and pressed his ear against it.
Move Silently: 1d20+24=44 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3065108/)
Listen:1d20+21=36 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3065104/)

Kodos
06-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Along the way he passed by two more broken mirrors.

He could hear nothing from inside the room. Total silence. He was pretty sure there was nothing inside - even the Undead aren't quite that quiet.

http://i.imgur.com/2bLLl.png

Superdooperphailmachine
06-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Anass walked back over to the door behind him and tried listening again.


Listen:1d20+21=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3065123/)

Kodos
06-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Anass couldn't hear anything behind that door.

He did, however, hear a faint sound coming from the smaller room on the opposite side of the floor.

It sounded vaguely like a rock scraping up against glass.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Anass snuck over to the door he heard the noises from, drew his crossbow and opened the door as quietly as possible.

Move Silently:1d20+24=44 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3065131/)
Dex check:1d20+8=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3065124/)

Kodos
06-09-2011, 04:30 PM
The door was bolt-locked.

From the side that Anass was on.

He opened it anyway.

***

The was a young woman inside. Judging by her clothes and apparent age (she seemed about 20) a student. She gasped and huddled in the corner as the door opened.

The room itself was apparently used as storage, judging by the various wooden crates and barrels inside.

"Oh gods please don't kill me!"

Superdooperphailmachine
06-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Anass left the room and locked the door behind him, then went back up to get the rest of the group. He couldn't deal with hysterical women.

"There's a woman in a storage room crying, you probably heard her shout at me. I can't talk to people like that so one of you two can."

zizi
06-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Ode sighed. "Fine. I'm not exactly the most soft spoken of people but- and this time I genuinely don't mean to be as much of an awful bitch as this makes me- you're fairly fearsome looking, Miss Ismat."
She moved quickly to the room where the woman was, stroking Nuru from head to tail as the lizard slid from her shoulders down her arm to the floor. "You stay here and guard, Nuru."
Pulling the bolt back slowly so as to avoid startling the woman inside, Ode entered, keeping the door adjar at her back.

Kodos
06-09-2011, 06:02 PM
"H-hello? Y-you're not with them, are-are you?" She asked, apparently still rather terrified.

zizi
06-09-2011, 06:09 PM
"I don't know who them is. I was sent by Viktor." Ode said softly. "What's your name?"

Kodos
06-09-2011, 06:16 PM
"Oh! I knew Viktor would send help for us! Thank the gods!"

"I'm Lawahiz." She gave a bit of a smile. She got up and dusted herself off. "They came from the desert. Raiders, I guess. They locked me in here. I assumed they were going to kill me... or worse. But it's been a few days... I think? And I guess they must have forgotten about me? Or been scared off?" She shrugged. "I'm glad you're here now, though, because now we can get the others and go home."

zizi
06-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Ode smiled and opened her mouth to say something before she noticed something... odd about Lawahiz. She could see through her, onto the silvery flesh of a masculine humanoid thing below. A glamour, then. Ode recovered gracefully, her smile turning slowly into a grimace. "What happened here?" She asked.

Preemptive sense motive (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3065318/)

Kodos
06-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Ode could tell the creature was lying as it spoke, oblivious that she could see through its glamer.

"I-I don't know really. The raiders came at night. I... I'm the only girl here, so I imagined they were saving me. To... you know..." 'She' trailed off.

"But now you saved me! I knew Weiss would send help! You didn't come alone, though, did you? What if- what if the raiders are still around?"

zizi
06-09-2011, 07:08 PM
"I didn't come alone." Ode confirmed, cursing Anass internally. "I believe you saw my companion before? It's ok, he's guarding me." She bit her lip, then nodded once. "Right. You stay here and I and my companion will find your friends. You'll be safe in here and we can easily fight off raiders; Weiss sent us for a reason." She paused and looked worriedly at Lawahiz. "Okay?" She didn't give the thing time to answer before straightening up and nodding briskly. "Okay. I'll be right back with your friends." She smiled reassuringly and slipped out of the door, scooping up Nuru with one hand whilst pushing the door closed and bolting it shut with the other.

Regantor
06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Ismat just looked bored, totally ignoring most of what either Anass and Ode said (Including the added insult). She was more interested in finding something shinny to grab her attentions, it seemed.

Both of her companions opening a room and then slaming it seconds later, through... That warented attention.

"What's going on?" She questioned, moving closer to Ode, but not looking her in the eye. "Girl dead? Or dead unattractive? Why lock it?"

zizi
06-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Ode put a finger to her lips, pushing Ismat gently back to the stairs. "Shhh," she murmured, "I've no idea what it is. But that is no girl in there. It's projecting a glamour; underneath it's a man-like silver thing." She seemed to have forgotten her racism for the moment, too preoccupied with the thing locked in the room. "Sh- it mentioned 'others'. It said raiders came and locked it in there; it was lying. But still, something locked it in there. Please-" the word slipped out before she caught it and a mixture of surprise and repulsion crawled across her face- was the girl's ridiculous act actually getting to her?- "-go get Anass. Something significantly weirder than bandits happened here. As accustomed to working alone as we all are, I think it'd be best if we tried to not split ourselves up."

Superdooperphailmachine
06-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Anass strolled down the stairs with his crossbow still in hand.Apparently he heard Ode, he did have pretty good ears.
"Well, we could capture whatever it is and make it talk." he whispered.

Regantor
06-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Ismat reacted to the hand like a surprise attack, not dodging, but jolting backwards with wide eyes. Afterwards, she made sure to grasp the hand with both of her own, and examine it throughly as if it was incredibly suspicious.

"Inhumans don't play human rules..." She whispered in response. Her breath on Ode's hand felt like the steam from a boiling kettle. "And shut up, in advance. Maybe it's magic illusiony? Some kind of wizard minion? I say we either kill it or find a differant room..."

Briskly, she turned away and retracted her hands, loosing intrest in the tall druid utterly. "Sticking together... probally a good idea, maybe."


Ode's spot check; 1d20+16=35 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3068202/)

Ismat's slight of hand check; 1d20+20=35 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3068206/)

Ode suddenly realises her right hand was feeling lighter than ussual for some reason...

zizi
06-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Nuru bared his teeth at Ismat; he had seen what she'd done. The hellbeast had stolen the four slim silver wedding bands that had adorned her right hand. For her part, Ode made no indication she'd realised they were gone. She had time enough later to deal with the teifling. Right now they might yet need her with fingers attached. Instead she responded to Anass, "It doesn't know we can- well, I can anyway- see through it's glamour. It's not going anywhere anytime soon- I suggest we search the place and then decide what to do with it later." She nodded to Ismat, "You're right; it could be anything. We've got the upper hand as of now because we know it's not what it says is is." She smiled slowly, "Better, it doesn't know you're here at all."

Regantor
06-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Ismat raised her hands at Nuru like little claws of her own, backing off with cautious expression and making her way back up the stairwell ahead of the group. The probability that Ode would put two-and-two together was high, she realized. For now, through, the creature intended to keep hold of her 'grievance pay'... Admittedly it was generally easier when they just hit her, but this would do nicely.

Far too upbeat considering the situation, Ismat began humming to herself and swaying her hips in a petite sporadic tune. Who cared if they were inside some unholy fortress?

Kodos
06-12-2011, 12:32 AM
"H-hello?" You could hear 'Lawahiz' calling for you. "Where did you go? I'm scared. Please come back! You locked the door by mistake!"

Superdooperphailmachine
06-12-2011, 05:48 PM
"Ode, Open the door and keep it talking, I'm going to kill it." Anass whispered, sneaking over to the door.
Move Silently:1d20+24=44 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3069088/)

zizi
06-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Ode opened her mouth to argue, then shrugged and nodded.

"It's ok," she called softly as she slid back the bolt and opened the door. "Lawahiz, it's ok. I'm sorry I locked the door," Ode moved inside, leaving the doorway clear. "You mentioned others earlier- how many of you were there?"

Kodos
06-22-2011, 12:00 AM
"T-there were ten of us, including myself." 'Lawahiz' answered. The face of the woman projected by the glamer appeared to still be terrified, but the true creature underneath seemed impassive, it's mirror-like face showing no emotion as it spoke.

Anass could, of course, only see the girl.

"They... you think they might still be alive? Maybe we ought to go look for them?" 'She' gave a hopeful smile to Ode. "You... you don't mind, right? I mean... what if they're alive? We have to keep looking! They let me live, maybe they let the others live!"

Superdooperphailmachine
06-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Anass shot the 'girl' right between the eyes.

Attack:1d20+14=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3082459/)

Kodos
06-22-2011, 06:12 PM
The creature made a sound liked glass being scored by a rock as it literally shattered into a thousand shards, the countless shiny pieces of strange, reflective, material littering the floor like small mirrors, while it's clothing fell in a pile.

Wellp.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-23-2011, 01:57 PM
"Ode, what was that thing?" Anass, walked over to the pile of clothes and checked them for anything important.

Kodos
06-23-2011, 02:00 PM
The clothes seemed to be empty, nothing in the pockets or anything.

zizi
06-26-2011, 12:06 AM
"No idea." Ode moved forward and used the fabric of her dress to pick up one of the shards with, which she examined closely. "I have... no idea. I guess we'll hand the wizard a shard and a description and hope he knows what it is."

Superdooperphailmachine
06-27-2011, 09:20 AM
"Okay. I'm going to go check out that other locked room now." Anass reloaded, headed for the chained up door and attempted unlocking it.

Open lock:1d20+18=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3088216/)

Kodos
06-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Anass managed to remove the chains without too much problem.

enter room: y/n

Superdooperphailmachine
06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Y
Anass opens the door.

Kodos
06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
The room was absolutely covered in mirrors. The walls, floor, and ceiling absolutely covered in mirrors, and several other mirrors arranged in more or less concentric rings around a central mirror at the center of the room (albeit with gaps to allow for walking).

Something seemed to be scratched into the central full-length mirror at the center of the room, although Anass would have to get closer to read it.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Anass tried to read from the entrance, he was kinda wary of mirrors after just killing one a moment ago.

Spot:1d20+21=36 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3088480/)

Kodos
06-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Anass could barely make out what was written on the mirror.


Don't turn around. Don't close your eyes. Don't blink. Turn around and you're dead. Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. That's when they come for you. When you're not looking. They're watching you. Right now. Behind you. Don't turn around!

Superdooperphailmachine
06-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Anass backed out of the room, and shut the door. Fuck that noise. "Ode, can you come and blow this room up please?" He called out, staring at the door and doing his best not to blink.

Kodos
06-27-2011, 02:55 PM
As soon as Anass began to back away, he heard the door shut behind him.

Ode could see the door shut, although not what shut it.

And Anass couldn't see since it was behind him.

He'd have to turn around.

Don't blink.

Blink and you're dead.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Anass was sweating bullets, couldn't see the fucker but it was probably behind him, he perched his crossbow over his shoulder without turning and took a shot.
attack:1d20+14=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3088520/)

Kodos
06-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Anass didn't seem to hit anything except the door behind him, judging by the sound.

He felt like he was being watched.

They're watching you. Right now.

Regantor
06-30-2011, 09:31 AM
All the tiefling heard was a door slaming, followed by a garbled murmer from Anass, and finally the sharp thud of a projectile impact. Backtracking (by actually walking backwards), it then took her another moment to figure out which door he had removed the locks from. Unceremoniously, Ismat then jostled the handle just to see if it was a fluke, barely trying to push it open.

"...Anass honey?" She spoke with a carefree tone, as if he was just screwing around. "...What you doing?..."

Trapfinding
1d20+10=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3092303/)

Superdooperphailmachine
06-30-2011, 05:57 PM
"Open the door!" Anass sounded pretty antsy.
He cranked his crossbow and tried to shoot the thing again but all he managed to hit was the door.
Fort save:1d20+2=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3092772/)
Attack:1d20+14=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3092777/)

Also the door has no traps

Regantor
06-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Ismat pushed at the handle again, a bit more forcefully this time. It was enough to tell her something was blocking the other side of the door. Breifly, it crossed her mind that Anass himself had some kind of evil plan in motion, but since he was on her good side, she decided to try and help him anyway.

Producing a pair of long black-metal throwing knives from a hidden pocket at the rear of her waist, Ismat jammed them underneath the door's hinges, then quickly knocked them outwards in an effort to dislodge the door entirely.

Strength Test;
1d20+1=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3092976/) vs 1d20+5=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3092982/)

With a long creak followed by a crunch, the door popped inwards, out of it's frame. Ismat made a little squeek of pride, but it was cut short by a confused huff about the actual contents of the room... or lack of enemies, in specific.

"What gives, Anass sweety?... Who was'ya fightan?..."

Superdooperphailmachine
06-30-2011, 10:42 PM
"I don't know, I read a message in the glass telling me not to blink or look back, then the door shuts itself." Anass then remembered he had just killed something a minute ago.
"It could be the mirrors, help me smash them." Anass cranked his crossbow again and shot a nearby mirror.

Fort:1d20+2=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3093044/)
Attack:1d20+14=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3093043/)

Kodos
06-30-2011, 10:44 PM
The bolt bounced off the mirror without leaving any sort of mark or visible effect.

That's certainly a thing.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-30-2011, 10:45 PM
"It's definitely the mirrors."

Kodos
07-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Ismat could feel it too. They were being watched.

Regantor
07-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Ismat grimaced, analysed how daft she would sound explaining this all to Viktor, then produced a fresh pair of throwing knives from her hidden pockets. "Back up. Follow me voice, pumpkin..." She instructed, sounding only a little less charmed than normal. "I don't think I'll be breakin' em up if your toy can't..."

Truth was, she had an overwhelming urge to just run away and hide, then bother with a plan of action later. Ismat snuck up on people, not the other way around.

"Gotcha covered, kay hun?"

Superdooperphailmachine
07-02-2011, 02:18 PM
"Okay, but where do you plan on going?" Anass reloaded his Crossbow and backed up left arm stuck out behind him. Still not blinking.
Fort:1d20+2=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3094665/)

Regantor
07-02-2011, 04:11 PM
"Can we just put the door back on fur'now, hun?..." Ismat's response was simple and her voice was shaky, making her repressed panic all the more obvious.

She re-packed one of the knives, and reached out with her own hand to contact his, but it still came up a bit too short. Like flying zombie bollocks she was actually going to go in there...

One blade still arced to throw, she didn't dare miss a thing.

Fortitude Save;

1d20+6=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3094791/)

Superdooperphailmachine
07-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Anass continued his retreat, unfortunately the stinging of his eyes was too much, he blinked.

Kodos
07-27-2011, 07:18 AM
The moment Anass blinked, the group heard a sound like glass tapping on glass on the far side of the mirror room, behind the central mirror.

Superdooperphailmachine
07-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Anass continued walking backwards, he was sweating bullets. He had just blinked and not died, maybe the whoever wrote that message was exaggerating? Maybe he was just lucky? Anass wasn't taking his chances and tried to keep himself from blinking.
Blink check:1d20+2=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3126344/)

Kodos
07-27-2011, 10:34 AM
He could hear a voice now. It sounded like a young man. One of the students? It sounded like it came from the far end of the room - where the tap came from.

"Hello! I can see you! I'm Mahmoud! Did Mr. Weiss send you to rescue us? Oh, thank the gods! Quick, get inside and shut the door! The creatures that came here can't stand mirrors! They smashed all the ones outside, and locked me in here with these ones! I'm invisible, now, so they can't see me. They can't hear you unless they're in human guise - I, I, I don't know why exactly. They only know you're here."

Superdooperphailmachine
07-27-2011, 10:40 AM
"No." Anass continued his backing up, not blinking, the door felt like it was a mile away.
Blink check:1d20+2=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3126363/)

Kodos
07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Anass was right at the door when he noticed something.

The central mirror. The mirror directly opposite him. It wasn't showing him, Ismat, and Ode. It was showing the room and surroundings otherwise, but not them.

Instead it showed a different figure. A silvery humanoid clad in a black hooded cloak. The being's face was a featureless silvery mass, completely smooth - not even the suggestion of facial features - unlike the creature that had posed as Lawahiz.

It was watching him and the others. He could feel its gaze on them.

Superdooperphailmachine
07-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Anass panicked and tried to shoot the thing.

Attack:1d20+17=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3126374/)
Blink:1d20+2=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3126382/)

Kodos
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
The bolt seemed to go through the mirror to impact the strange creature, but was stopped at the last moment by some invisible and 'skin-tight' barrier of force around the creature. Mage Armor?

A sound like glass grinding against glass came from the general area of the creature.

Immediately several arms and hands shot forth from the mirrored floor beneath Anass, grabbing at his feet and ankles. Some failed to grab him at all, while he managed to shake others off. Still, at least two - one per leg - managed to grab and hold on.

And they were pulling him down, not onto the floor, but into it.

And while all this was going on, the group may have noticed something.
None of the mirrors were reflective anymore. They had all become shiny and silvery, but failed to reflect anything.

Superdooperphailmachine
07-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Anass tried trashing his legs around and shooting at a hand it seemed to do the trick until another came up in it's place. Things weren't looking too good.

Shoot:1d20+17=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3126401/)
Struggle:1d20+10=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3126404/)

Kodos says: Each round he'll sink in a bit more.
Figure you've got about 6 rounds assuming you don't manage to get pulled out even a little.
Anyway combat is on now, but initiative doesnt matter.

Kodos
07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
It's a strength check to try and pull him out. You can both try and help. Obviously entering the mirror room is probably a bad idea, so assuming you don't, it's a -4 on the check.

"You can struggle all you like, it will not do you any good, Anass." The voice was emotionless and had an odd reverb to it. It seemed to come from the hooded mirror creature.

Wait, how did it know his name?

Regantor
07-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Ismat just placidly lurked in the doorway, carefully considering the options for a moment. If the mostly blank look on her face was a defense mechanism, or simply the personality she reverted to when stressed, it was was impossible to know.

Can I bluff that an army is waiting for us to return?... No, looks like it has it's own one... Can I darken the room and stop the mirrors from working?... No, Ode would not be able to see... Shit! My hands are kinda reflective, do they count as mirrors?... And if I turn off the mirrors, what would happen to Anass' feet?

Belatedly but enthusiastically, she desperately surged out and grasped onto the back of Anass' shirt. "ODE!" The short thing made an uncharacteristic screech, leaning into the room without quite touching the mirrored floor. "GRAB HIM! GRAB HIM!"

Strength Test

1d20-3=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3126608/)

zizi
09-17-2011, 10:29 AM
"Yes yes yes!" Ode snapped back, shouldering the shorter girl aside slightly to reach beyond her and grasp onto Anass.

Strength roll= 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3187382/)

Sorry this took 900 years to sort out @_@

Kodos
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
It was a deadlock; Ode and Ismat were able to stop the hands from pulling Anass any further into the mirrors, but they were unable, at present efforts, to actually pull him out any.

"Ismat Makaarim and Ode Sawalha." the creature in the central mirror stated calmly. "We know you, we have seen you both. Many times, although perhaps less so in your case, Ms. Sawalha. We see all. We hear all."

zizi
09-22-2011, 06:19 AM
"Yep, that's great," Ode panted, "just dandy. We're going to take our assassin and be going now. I've no idea why you want him," she grunted in a most unladylike fashion, "he's not exactly fragrant."

Strength check= 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3193128/)

Regantor
09-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Ismat strained under the pressure, rapidly loosing her grip on Anass' shirt. A demon's strength she did not have.

"...If you'd really seen me before, you'd know to go fuck yourselves in advance!" She made a spiteful little scowl in exertion, through even here is was unclear how much of her actual personality was leaking out. It certainly didn't line up with half of the other personalities she had used since they all met...

She didn't seem too happy about be shoved around by Ode, in particular, but was too occupied to say anything about it.

Strength Test;

1d20-3=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3197091/)

Superdooperphailmachine
10-05-2011, 05:09 AM
Anass struggled as much as he liked and managed to wriggle free, grabbing Ismat and getting himself pulled out.

Strength:1d20+1=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3207686/)
Escape artist:1d20+19=38 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3207687/)

Kodos
10-05-2011, 08:17 AM
"How bothersome." The robed mirror creature said flatly as the hands retracted back into the mirror. All across the room creatures similar to what Lawahiz truly was began to emerge from the mirrored walls, floor, and ceiling.

Oh shi.

Superdooperphailmachine
10-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Anass shot at the apparent boss one last time before pulling the door shut. He didn't confirm the hit but heard some grinding glass.
"Hold the door shut!"
attack:1d20+?=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3207782/)
Strength:1d20+1=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3207783/)

Kodos
10-05-2011, 08:51 AM
"That was very unwise, Anass." Came the creature's voice from behind the door, as the mirror creatures began hurling themselves against the door, trying to force it open.

"Two weeks ago, on the third night of the week, you killed a young woman." The voice began. "Her name, ironically, was Aamina. You were on a rooftop across from her building, and as she was changing you slew her with a well aimed shot from your crossbow. Her room was on the second floor, and she was changing out of her day clothes, because she often slept nude. There was a mirror on a small table near her bed, whereupon she also kept her jewelry while she slept."

"Shall I go on, Anass? We are always watching. You cannot escape."

Superdooperphailmachine
10-05-2011, 08:58 AM
"Yes" Anass shouted through the door, still pushing on it.

Regantor
10-06-2011, 08:53 AM
All Ismat could think about was how much effort these creatures had wasted. Were they trying to alienate Anass?... The Tiefling was pretty sure the three of them had killed random defenseless targets at some point, so it seemed like a pretty weird thing to use magic that powerful to tell them.

Regardless, the short goatish girl just grunted with exertion and did her best to help keeping the door closed.

"Any escape ideas, fellas?..."

Strength Check;
1d20-3=10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3209461/)

Superdooperphailmachine
10-11-2011, 07:01 AM
"I lock the door." Anass reset the doors chains and locked it. With any luck they wouldn't bust through any time soon.
"And we Run." He then began running backwards towards the front door.
Lock door:1d20=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216511/)

Regantor
10-23-2011, 09:29 PM
It was decent reasoning that if they couldn't break through the door before, they couldn't do it now... And yet, Ismat was unsettled by the idea that the creatures might not be exaggerating their powers. After all, she'd never seen such things before outside this tarnished old place, so she had to wonder how they'd be getting information back from civilization otherwise.

"This... can't be that old bastard's doing, can it?" The woman back off from the door briskly, but was staying behind Anass rather than bolting for the front door herself. More than a few conspiracy theories clotted within her mind. Monsters of the human kind, now those she had seen no shortage of recently... "I don't like this. What if we leave and they follow us for... some reason? Didn't anybody from the original party know what these things are?..."

Suddenly, her hand bolted out towards Ode, freely presenting the neat bunch of rings she had stolen earlier. The goatish woman thing was still averting her eyes, avoiding showing her expression. "Here... Take these back. Don't call me Devilspawn from now on, and I won't act like you quite clearly expect me to."

Was she actually remorseful and hiding it to look tough, or outright guiltless and playing off of it? Mercurial might not be the best word to use right now, regardless.

Kodos
01-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Whatever the creature was, it seemed to be content remaining behind the doors, for now, as the trio were able to escape and haul ass back to Al-Uzza without incident.

They had technically done their job, right? Sorta? They didn't fully explore the place, but, I mean, so? Surely Viktor would still pay them, right?

***

Viktor was seated in his office as the trio were escorted in by one of the Madrasah's staff. Viktor was probably aware of their presence, but he didn't seem to care enough to stop reading whatever book he was reading.

zizi
01-08-2012, 11:22 AM
"Mirror creatures." Ode remarked as she sat down. "Came out of a mirrored room and tried to take Mr. Anass. Not too bright; they didn't lure all of us in there before attacking. We didn't see any bodies, but then we didn't look too hard." She hissed as Nuru jumped up onto her lap, wrapping his tail around her midriff and digging his claws into her thighs. "They appeared to know who we were due to having watched us through or via mirrors- it was implied they are watching through all mirrors at all times. We killed one, but the shards of it's body melted and subsequently disappeared."

She paused. "Well, doubtless now all your wizardly suspicions have been confirmed, your experiment giving a fascinating result, all very wonderful stuff- you will be just desperate to pay us and either send us on our merry way or send us on another exciting mission."

Kodos
01-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Viktor said nothing for about a full minute after Ode had finished explaining.

Then he lifted his head up, away from his book. "Oh, you're alive then? That's a relief to know. I was very afraid, you understand, that I might have to go pay yet another group of adventurers to go find out what happened to you."

Viktor placed his book upon his desk and leaned back, fingers steepled in front of his face. "So I suppose the theories were correct and the Plane of Mirrors exists. Good to know. And, evidently, it is inhabited by malevolent, or at least xenophobic, entities. Also good to know.
I imagine the creatures were telling the truth. It is very probable that they can see through all, or at least most mirrors, and probably have always been watching you."

The Conjurer sat up straight. "I've actually more work for you lot, if you're up to the task. Another simple errand. An artifact I require for my research, among other baubles, was being shipped by boat to me. The package has not arrived, and I understand that the vessel carrying it was waylaid by pirates en route. Fortune, however, has smiled upon me. In what is, I'm sure, a completely unrelated incident, the pirate vessel carrying my artifact wound up meeting with some unfortunate end, and running aground not too far from the city. I want you to go to the wreck of the ship, and retrieve my possession. This is a simple task, and I imagine even you three could manage it. Upon completion of the task there shall be 1000 gold for each of you, more or less the same as before.
Are you interested? Or shall I have to waste more of my precious time sifting through the rabble to find errandboys?"

Superdooperphailmachine
01-09-2012, 05:09 AM
"Could you tell us more about the artefact?"

zizi
01-11-2012, 05:48 AM
"Like will it try to kill, maim or eat us?" Ode nodded towards Anass, "Forgive us being suspicious Viktor, but our boy here did nearly get eaten by a mirror last time we went on our merry way without asking to many questions."

Kodos
01-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Viktor waved a hand dismissively. "If you insist. The artifact in question is a small monolith of sorts, jet black and unusually light. It has no unusual physical properties beyond its lightness and being cold to the touch, and I assure you that it is quite non-magical. You are welcome to purchase for yourselves a Scroll of Detect Magic if you do not believe me."

"Simple."

Superdooperphailmachine
01-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Anass could not tell whether Viktor was lying or not, so he did the smart thing an agreed to take the job anyway.

zizi
01-12-2012, 03:38 PM
"No unusual physical properties? So it does have unusual properties...? Just because it's not magical does not mean it's not dangerous. Unusually light, cold to the touch... and what else?" Ode smiled coldly. "I agree to this job, of course; you are generous with your payment and despite your personality not overly odious. But please. Be thorough in your briefing."

Regantor
01-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Ismat was typically late, and spent most of the meeting swanning around Vitor's office anyway, barely paying attention. What was out of the ordinary was the sack of presents she brought with her. Half way through Ode's inquisition, she shoved her way between her two party members and began suddenly doling items out onto the desk.

A small vanity mirror for Anass, two jangling chrome stress balls for Victor, and a mirror-plated jewellery box (containing four suspiciously familiar wedding rings) for Ode.

"Oh, I got you guys some stuff..." A barely supressed grin.

Briskly moving on, the horned girl just braced her fingers behind her back and gave a small look of faux concern. "...A lil' black obelisk you say... It's not related to a lich or some kind of weird devil agreement, is it?..."

Kodos
01-14-2012, 08:07 AM
"It is a harmless trinket of Illithid origin." Viktor replied drolly to Ode, ignoring Ismat's interruption. "You're not afraid are you? I was under the impression that you Badawi savages were made of sterner stuff.

Viktor turned his attention to Ismat. "Illithids. Mind Flayers. Nothing at all to do with the Baatezu, and I'm sure if there was an infernal connection, you of all people would know, yes?
Still, this object would be difficult to replace. Sending someone else out to find out what had happened to you and my students would have been trivial, but replacing this object would be considerably less so. I have briefed and paid an insufferable young Cleric to escort you to the ship and back."

Viktor waved a hand dismissively. "You have your job."

Oh, Viktor.

zizi
01-14-2012, 02:27 PM
"Oh how adorable! Silly wizard- fear keeps you alive." Ode answered, amused. "Harmless trinket of Mind Flayer origin," She said, clearly unconvinced but bored of trying to glean information from the obnoxious wizard. "How... oxymoronic."

Standing, she secreted the mirror box somewhere amongst the diaphanous layers of her skirts and slid the rings back onto her fingers. She favoured Ismat with a smile, before kissing her on the forehead and gently flicking one of her horns. "For a kleptomanic, schizotypal dev- forgive me- Tiefling, your sense of humour is endearing."

Regantor
01-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Ismat writhed for a moment and held her hand to the effected horn, as if hearing nails across a chalkboard. As pleased as she was at not being called devil for once, it did seem the sinister wee sprite still got really squeemish all of a sudden. Perhaps she was simply caught off gaurd by Ode's rare cheery mood?

"... I only stole them because you kept calling me that... and, honestly, I was expecting a slap, what's with you today? Geez." She was still rubbing her horn uncombfertably.

After a moment, she just sighed and turned back to Viktor one last time. "... Insufferable cleric? Great. Like there is any other kind... Were do we meet this stuck up mommies boy anyhow?"

Kodos
01-15-2012, 04:58 PM
"Tahira Nawra appeared to have large mounds upon their chest, and their skin complexion was far too dark to be an Elf. I am quite positive, Ms. Makaarim, that this 'mommies boy' is, in fact, a female." Viktor gave a dry smile and proceeded to open a drawer on his desk and retrieve four hand-sized mirrors. "A gift for you three and your new acquaintance. To remember your first job together by. I'm sure that it will provide you with much peace of mind and happiness in the years to come."

Viktor rose with a chuckle and waved a hand as he made his way out. "I've a class to teach. You've a rare artifact wrought by eldritch abominations beyond mortal understanding to retrieve. Good day."

Oh, Viktor.

Delphinus
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
A girl, young enough to be one of Viktor's students, emerged from the doorway he'd just left through. Her dark eyes glistened with anticipation as she observed the group; every inch of her emanated a frenetic excitement. She squeaked a greeting in a nauseously high-pitched voice:
"Hi my name's Tahira Nawra and as I think I just heard Mr. Weiss tell you I'm a cleric. I don't think I'm insufferable though but Mr. Weiss is so moody no wonder his students talk about him behind his back right? If he thinks I'm so insufferable I don't understand why he'd want to hire me unless it was just because he needed someone really really cheap and enthusiastic to do his work for him. I mean I'm not experienced like some of you but I've really wanted to do this for a long time now so maybe that's why. So can you introduce yourselves to me? This eldritch abominations beyond mortal understanding thing can't be all that bad, right?"

Regantor
01-15-2012, 09:01 PM
The second Viktor left the room, Ismat immediately clambered onto Viktor's desk and sat square in the middle of it. There was a little brass globe upon it which she took a second to examine, then flipantly threw it over her shoulder onto the floor behind her.

"How much d'you guys think an Illithidy brick is worth on the black market anyhow? I recon we could get even more tha-"

She cut off suddenly, as a new broad had just entered the room and was insisting on introducing herself... Ah, so this was the 'insufferable cleric'.

Nudging her butt off the desk, Ismat knocked off a whole bunch more of Viktor's things, then swaggered over to the newcomer in order to get right in her personal space whilst examining her. The horned girl's head swayed like a cobra, wide amber eyes looking for any scrap of information she could use against the skinny uptight hag.

"Kinda cleric are ya, anyway, huh?" The tone was super obnoxious, and she made a point of yanking on the woman's garment with those little sin-stained crimson hands of hers. "You'll probally just call me devil-blood or unholy progney or something nasty like that, won't you? So what'sa point in giving you my name? You're not being bumped by him, and that's why you're on this mission? That's not it, is it?"

Yeah, tieflings aren't really known for liking people of the cloth, it turns out.

Delphinus
01-16-2012, 10:26 AM
"Hey, gedoff me!" said Tahira, shaking the tiefling's hand off her clothing. "I don't care what you are but stop pulling on me."

The tiefling was still all over her, though, and - what did she just say?

"Ewww did you just say I was sleeping with Mr. Weiss what eww he's old enough to be my father why would you say that? I volunteered to come along because I wanted to do something but I thought I'd be with experienced people not people who tugged at my clothes."

zizi
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Ode's good mood vanished as the new girl entered the room, replaced with mounting irritation. "Cleric, I'm developing a headache. You can cure it without magical intervention instantly; just cease speaking. Preferably indefinitely." Pinching the bridge of her nose, she breathed in and out slowly. "Yes, Illithids are that bad." She shook her head, adding to herself, "Insufferable I can work with but did he have to inflict us with stupid-?"

"My name is Ode, the girl is Ismat and the thug is Anass. We all have more experience in our fingers than you appear to have sense in that empty little head of yours, and you will show us respect. No don't reply, I need no further provocation to gag you."

She clapped her hands together, and flashed a chilly smile. "Excellent, introductions made. I'll see you all tomorrow." With that she swept out of the room, Nuru at her heels.

Regantor
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Ismat was clearly sputtering after Tahira began to take offence, and by the time Ode had began her verbal smack-down, it had developed into outright laughter. Not really bothering to say anything else, she then just planted all three of Viktor's gift mirrors into the cleric's hands, turned, and gave the still-meek Anass a goodbye face-patting.

An amused sensation fluttered through her mind, and made itself apparent in the little skipping dance that she made on the way out. What exactly did the short thing spend her spare time on, other than confounding and harrassing people? It was probally best not to ask.

Delphinus
01-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Tahira looked at Anass with reservation. He looked scarier than the two women had, but saying nothing was better than being rude, right? So she tottered over to him, struggling not to drop any of the mirrors, and tried to offer him one.
"I can't carry all of these alone I might drop one and that's bad luck isn't it? What's with them anyway I know I'm not the ideal travelling companion but at least they could try and help me instead of being all blah blah blah shut up you silly little girl."
She looked up at him hopefully. Maybe underneath the rugged exterior there was a heart of gold?

Superdooperphailmachine
01-19-2012, 06:41 PM
There was no heart of gold, Anass headed out the office throwing the mirror Ismat gave him in a nearby plant pot, paying no attention to cleric girl.

Delphinus
01-20-2012, 10:55 AM
"Fine!" she shouted after the departing adventurers, "Fuck you too! See if I care what you think!"

But she had her job, and she wasn't going to let a load of snotty bastards who wouldn't even help a poor girl who was in need of a helping hand to get her head around adventuring get in her way. They'd see how useful she could be.

Kodos
02-10-2012, 07:42 PM
The trip to the wreck was fortunately uneventful.

The ship itself had run aground, much as Viktor has said. Beyond that, however, it seemed largely intact. There were no signs of battle, and no tracks leading to or from the ship. Wonder what made it run aground?

The group couldn't shake a feeling. A sickly feeling. Something was wrong here.

zizi
02-11-2012, 03:58 AM
"Fantastic," Ode remarked, "how much do you want to bet the reason it ran aground and the reason Nuru seems to be trying to force his way through my shoulder has something to do with the harmless monolith Viktor wants?" She made an irritated click with her tongue and attempted to pull Nuru from her shoulder, hissing something to him before he finally relinquished the glimmering cloth of her tunic.

As soon as his claws touched earth he slid behind her feet, peeking suspiciously through her skirts at the ship.

"Cleric!" She said, smiling suddenly, "You seem the well-learned sort. Off you go, we'll be right behind you. Make yourself useful."

Regantor
02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Ismat was just prancing around, twirling a frilly black sun umbrella, and generaly just making herself useless as usual. Juggling stones became her annoying habit of the day, too, alrough she immediately lost interest and dropped those as soon as Ode began volunteer Tahira for the job of meat sheild.

"I sneak with preist." She spoke simply, offering a dainty red hand to the woman. What brought on this heroism? Why was she being so nice all of a sudden, after the start they had gotten off to yesterday?...

"You... If more mirror junk... Take blame for viktorface."

Ah.

Delphinus
02-16-2012, 10:26 AM
"This is weird. Like you know when you get that crawling sensation in your stomach and you can't help but be freaked out by the tiniest little thing that sort of weird. But nevermind I'm sure it'll all be alright."

She took a wooden club off her back. It looked more suited to playing a sport than bludgeoning monsters, aside from its slight glow. Crudely carved into its main body were two words: "The Motivator".

"Come on then let's go and beat whatever freakiness is in that place down. Don't worry if you get hurt I can heal you with magic or with medicine though most people prefer magic for some reason. But please don't get any limbs blown off or anything because that would be like totally gross and hard to repair."

Regantor
02-22-2012, 10:02 AM
"You're weird." Spoke the fidgety girl with the jangly gold-encrusted horns. "Touch me with those creepy hands and I'll make faeces on your universe."

Lovely. Didn't she just offer Tahira her hand? At least it was basically impossible for the shortarse to be intimidating.

"Come on now." Ismat skipped ahead, effortlessly springing forward on the sand as if she was made of paper. "Let's get the evil brick and scoot, already. This is like total boringy."

Kodos
02-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Ismat and Tahira could see no signs of life on the ship, and the lack of tracks obviously meant that either no one left the ship, or they all left long enough for the sands to erase all sign of it.

Something felt wrong. Off, somehow. It made their skin crawl, and their soul shudder. It was an alien wrongness, though. Not the 'normal' wrongness they might feel around the Undead, or even the wrongness some people felt around Ismat. This was alien, somehow. Something completely Other and inimical to all they knew and understood.

There were no apparent points of egress to the ship from the ground level. They'd have to climb up and go in normally. The ship was listing a bit to the side, and they were all reasonably skilled adventurers. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Regantor
02-26-2012, 08:24 PM
If the grim wee thing felt apprehension due to the creeping sensation, she wasn't quite showing it. Instead, Ismat just yanked on Tahira's sleeve until the flustered woman finally followed her up to the beached vessel. "Come on hun. Buisness needs a'doing ya'know."

Placing a hand on the hull and feeling the rigidity of the wood, she then just tried to figure the best way up to the main decks, tail thrashing back and forth with anticipation.

Climb check; 1d20+1=10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3391907/)
The first attempt just ended with her scatching up the surface, barely making it off the ground.

"Erm... Haha..." She darted across an embarresed grin. "You happen to bring a rope or anything?"

Superdooperphailmachine
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
The stoic badass Anass didn't need no rope, he just climbed on up.
A few moments later some rope was dropped down for the others to use.

Climb: 1d20+17=36 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3421121/)

Kodos
03-18-2012, 07:32 PM
There was no signs of any violence on the ship's deck, nor any signs of the crew.

Anass felt uneasy. Something felt wrong here. Not like anything he'd felt before.

Was something watching him?

Could It see him?

Delphinus
03-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Tahira ascended the rope with surprising speed for someone without any training. It seemed her frenetic energy took the place of anything approximating experience, reason, or sanity.

Regantor
03-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Ismat probally could have climbed the rope more swiftly, was she not obsessing over preventing Ode's giant lizard from looking up her dress. Or, you know, had she worn something practical for the job.

"You're'da best, Anass." The teifling spoke as she reached the top, then gave the man a pert little pat on the chest. "Seen any crews, or are they dead and cut up or somethin'?"

Kodos
04-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Ode decided to remain below; partly in case of ambush or trap, and partly because Nuru was freaking the fuck out any time she tried to bring the animal closer to the ship.

Odd.

***

There was a sound, suddenly. Screaming and banging against one of the doors on the main deck, where everyone was.

"OH GODS HELP! PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP! GOD'S ABOVE PLEASE! PLEASE! SOMEBODY HELP!"

It sounded like a man. He sounded very, very, panicked.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Anass drew his crossbow and ran over to the door, positioning himself at the doors right.
"Who's there?"

Kodos
04-01-2012, 06:49 PM
"ALI! MY NAME IS ALI! JUST LET ME OUT! GODS IT'S STILL HERE! OPEN THE FUCKNG DOOR! LET ME OUT BEFORE IT GET-" There was a scream. A horrible scream, and sounds for which there were no words. Something thudded against the door, and then all was still and silent once more.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Anass decided not to open the door. Instead he ran up the nearby staircase and climbed down the back to look through the window.

Climb: 1d20+17=37 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3444124/)

Kodos
04-01-2012, 07:24 PM
The room was a wreck, with blood stains all over the floor and walls, long deep scratches along most surfaces, as though from some great beast, and book cases, bits of table, and other debris strewn about.

Regantor
04-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Ismat readied a throwing knife in one hand whilst putting her ear against the space of the wooden hull next to the door, albeit awkwardly due to goaty horn abundance... One had to wonder how she managed to use a pillow...

Listen Check.

1d20+7=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3444255/)

She's vaguely listening for any new sounds of movement from within the cabin.

Kodos
04-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Ismat heard nothing. It was utterly silent.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Anass climbed back onto the the ship and made his way to the door, opening it as quietly as possible.

Climb: 1d20+17=37 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3444264/)
Door open: 1d20+8=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3444271/)

Kodos
04-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Anass carefully opened the door revealing the... perfectly normal captain's cabin?

The room was a bit messy, as one might expect of a pirate vessel, but otherwise it was what appeared to be a perfectly normal captain's cabin. No blood. No scratch marks. No signs of violence, struggle, or anything. Everything looked fine.

What?

Regantor
04-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Since Ismat hadn't looked through the window, she just went ahead and assumed that the commotion from before had all just been part of an elaborate magical trap, before barging in and immediately looking for interesting things to shove into her pockets. "Ah, yeah, clever sods... Bet that means they 'ave nice junk through..."

Search check;
1d20+10=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3444287/)
Spot check;
1d20+8=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3444291/)
...
A twenty followed by a one. I have no idea what this means. >_>
"Think the evily-evily no good feelin' is a bit of a magic ruse too?"

Kodos
04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Poking around the room, Ismat found a few trinkets, baubles, and loose change that might be worth something. Flipping about stuff, she also noticed something.

Every single piece of paper in the room was blank. The papers on the desk, even some open books. No words, anywhere.

It was watching her. Anass, too. They could feel It. It was looking right at them. Right into them.

Delphinus
04-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Tahira shivered.

"Did anyone else feel that it was like there was some enormous ABYSS staring deep into my soul and knowing everything about me and putting nasty thoughts there of darkness and mortality and how the stars are so far away but in our arrogance we assume we can just reach out and grab them and you know that sort of thing. Creepy philosophy or wizardy stuff."

She hefted the glowing baseball bat in one hand, ran her fingers over the inscription, then rested it on her shoulder.

"But there's nothing here to bludgeon and I don't even remember if I can remember how to cast a spell to get rid of anything evil lurking here and I don't know why but I don't think whatever's gazing into me can be smashed with motivation and courage. Oh yeah I forgot to remember that I was saying can anyone else feel that?"

Regantor
04-03-2012, 09:04 PM
"... Yeah... 'Wizardy'... That's pretty apt..." Ismat responded, but was too busy looking for other things to pinch to bother actually looking at Tahira. "Probally some kinda defense magic-trick-thing. Seen it before, I have... and if Victor wants their trinkets and do-dahs, they must have some pretty good magicy contrapulations dinking it about, even he doesn't know about... right?..."

She didn't sound too sure on that last bit, alrough it was more like disinterest than fear. Well, the tiefling wasn't exactly keeping her eyes on the ball, but surely not every unending death god they encountered was going to be the geniune deal, right?...

"...Maybe they use invisable ink?..."

Superdooperphailmachine
04-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Anass decided to check out the room next door, approaching the door and sticking his ear to it.
Listen: 1d20+21=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3449406/)

Kodos
04-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Anass heard nothing out of the ordinary.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Anass opens door.
Dex: 1d20+8=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3449423/)

Kodos
04-04-2012, 06:36 PM
The door opened without incident. The room on the other side was... uh... um...

The walls were entirely black and most certainly not wood. They appeared to be some jagged, rough, ashen material. Where the floor should have been was just a yawning, endless, abyss. It looked like it went on forever.

It probably did.

And, of course, worst of all was that Anass was not alone. It was here, watching him.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-04-2012, 06:41 PM
"Come here, this room is weird." Anass backed away from the door, not risking falling into the hole like some awkward mage.

Delphinus
04-04-2012, 07:01 PM
"Wow." Tahira's eyes widened as she gazed into the dark room. "I think it would be really not good if any of us were to fall down there."

She pulled out a few pebbles from one of the numerous pouches on her belt (shouldn't those have held medical herbs?) and threw them into the bottomless pit.

Kodos
04-04-2012, 07:04 PM
After a full minute, there was still no sound of the pebbles hitting anything.

Regantor
04-04-2012, 09:13 PM
"Has to be a trick... has to be..." Ismat commented, being a little hasty in pushing past the Anassa and Tahira in order to get a good look herself. For good measure, she dropped one of those blank books down at arms length, then watched it spiral down into the void for as long as her inhuman vision would allow.

Search check;
1d20+10=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3449682/)

Spot check;
1d20+8=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3449688/)

She has Darkvision, remember, so this is actually worth doing...

Kodos
04-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Unsurprisingly given the lack of sound, the book quickly disappeared past the 60 foot range of Ismat's darkvision. Clearly it was deeper than 60 feet.

Regantor
04-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Ismat quickly turned away with a disgruntled look, pondered the ramifications of all this for a second, then closed the door behind without explaining. The others could probably figure out that the if the half-blood couldn't see anything, it probably wasn't worth dwelling on, anyway.

The Tiefling chose to walk over to the entrance to the holds next, alrough seemingly loosing her enthusiasm and dragging her feet. On the one hand, there wasn't anybody around to be afraid of, but on the other, you couldn't exactly loot abstract nothingness. The pocket-sized demonic kleptomaniac couldn't really be afraid of something, could she?...

An open trapdoor seemed to be the only way to get down there. Rather than climb down, she just stuck her head through upsidedown and had a gander, leaving a rather undignified butt sticking out upwards. Dignified.

Search check;
1d20+10=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3449759/)

Spot check;
1d20+8=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3449764/)

Kodos
04-05-2012, 02:17 AM
The lower deck and the trapdoor there to the hold area both seemed completely normal from what Ismat could see.

Searching involves touching and probing and shit. You have to search an area, you don't search "in general".

Superdooperphailmachine
04-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Anass headed towards the cargo hold.

Kodos
04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Anass descended the stairs down to the lower deck, and then towards the hold.
Anass descended the stairs down to the lower deck.

Wait... what?

Ismat saw the Assassin go down, and then go down again... only to somehow appear a few feet in front of her, on the stairs leading down to the lower deck.

Welp.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Anass decided to see if any of the doors in this room lead to the hold, this boat was pretty topsy-turvey so it was possible.
He headed south and opened the first door to his left.

Kodos
04-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Well. This was a thing.

The cabin was a mess. Written along all the walls, ceiling, and floor, in dried blood, excrement, and other bodily fluids was various phrases.

MAKE IT STOP

LET ME DIE

IT SEES ME
Repeating endlessly, written over eachother and in countless layers.

Oh, and there was a corpse of a naked man. Leaning with its back to the walls. His body was covered in bitemarks (and missing bits) - human judging by the size and shape of them - and his fingers and toes had been chewed down to little stubs.

Lovely.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Anass knew better than to poke around suspicious shit encased rooms, so opened the next door.

Kodos
04-06-2012, 05:14 PM
The next room was similar in terms of the writing and the walls and the messiness. There was a sobbing woman sitting on the floor in it. Judging by her clothing, she was one of the pirates. She didn't seem to react to Anass entering, at all.

The woman's clothes left a lot of skin bare, and she was dirty, even for a pirate lady. She, like the corpse, was also covered in bites.

"I want this." She said, weeping hysterically as she held a dagger in front of her face, the bladed pointed towards her. "I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this." She went on, talking to herself and not Anass. "I've always wanted this."

"I want this." Was the last thing she said before plunging the blade into her face and killing herself.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Anass turned around to open the doors on his right. He just wanted to get the damn thing and leave this madboat.

Kodos
04-06-2012, 05:25 PM
The door opened to a long, narrow hallway. The walls, ceiling, and floor were made of the same ashen stone-like substance as the bottomless hole above, only they were, while not smooth, straight and not jagged unlike the bottomless hole room.

The light failed and the hall became pitch well before Anass could see any sort of end. What in Baator was going on?

And It was in there. Somewhere. Lurking. Waiting. Watching. Watching Anass. He could feel It. It was watching him. It was always watching. It was always there.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-06-2012, 05:36 PM
"I've found a Hallway!" Anass checked over his shoulder a couple times, what the hell was watching him, the dead woman? he closed her door.

Kodos
04-06-2012, 05:45 PM
As Anass went to close the door, he heard It. A great and terrible roar echoed forth from the hall. From within his mind. Screaming at him, through him, into him. Screaming to get in. Screaming to get out?

҉It sees him.

Regantor
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Clinging to Anass' form like a shadow ever since the weird repeating stairway effect, Ismat had only meant to confirm it was actually still him, and instead got caught up in the twisted maze aswell. It was difficult to tell if the maccabre apparitions effected her. She simply watched the twisted woman end herself, silent and blank-faced. Was she trying to convince her college of her iron stomach? Or perhaps she was still simply in a state of disbelief?...

None the less, she yelped herself when the overbearing screech rang them through, grabbing onto Anass' back and not letting go.

"...It's... It's not worth it..." Her voice was utterly hushed, as if aware of an enemy immediately close by. "...L-Let's get out of here... and b-b-burn the damn thing down..."

Delphinus
04-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Tahira had stayed behind when she saw Anass looping down the stairs. She'd cocked her head and wondered what on earth was going on, and then, before she'd realised it, him and the bipolar demon girl were gone.

Without much else to do, she retraced his path, heading down the stairs and towards the hold.

And reappearing on the stairs.

She headed down the stairs and towards the hold.

And reappeared on the stairs.

She walked quickly down the stairs and towards the hold.

And reappeared, stumbling, on the stairs.

She jogged down the stairs and towards the hold.

And reappeared, tripping, on the stairs, hitting her head on the floor of the lower deck.

Bother, she thought, why on earth would a ship have such a queer arrangement?

Regantor
04-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Tahira was suddenly shoved in the back; It was Ismat, who equally didn't seem to expect the event, and damn nearly threw a knife in retaliation.

"The co!- hey'yure'a!- Anass'is!- You're'da'holy'thin'why'ant'ya!- Ta!-" The tiefling's scratchy, agitated voice was so fast and panicked it practically sounded like she was talking some weird demonic language. Before continuing, the short woman put both hands over her mouth, and tried to halt herself hyperventilating by letting out a few slow, heavy heaves. "-Y-y-y-you're supposed to be tha holy one, a-ain't cha? D-d-do somethin'! Can't you holyfy this damn raft?... It's obviously a trick, but... It's obviously.... a trick... b-but..."

A blank look remained on her face through all this, but her body visably writhed and jittered as if feeling extremely unclean. Ismat being Ismat, it still kind of looked like a dance just the same.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-16-2012, 04:00 PM
"Viktor can get somebody else to find his relics. We're leaving." Anass closed the door and headed up the stairs.

Kodos
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
They all heard it again. The roar. It came from within and without. Screaming and scratching and clawing at their minds as It shredded thoughts and shook the walls of the ship.

Anass ascended the stairs to the top deck.

And found himself alone in pitch blackness. It was cold. And he was alone. He was standing, but it was too dark to see how large the room he was in was.

It was so lonely, there. He could feel everything slipping, melting away. No sense of anything - not even himself.

And worse, he wasn't alone, there, in the cold and lonely dark. It was there with him. Always and forever. And worse, still, It could see him.

Ḭ̦̮̫̑ͫ͌̅̂̌ͤ́ ̮̻͖̘͐̍̂͆ͨ̓̀̃S̘̪̪͖̗͇͊̓̚̚͢È̴̪̼͕̮̞̘͔͈ͩ̒̄E͖͇̬̽̿͌̍ͦͯͥ̈ ̥͕̞̘ ̷ͨ̉̇͌̄͐̕҉͖̩̺̩͓̫̝ͅY̍͋̑͑͏̻̰͔O͉̼͔͈͛U̵͍̻̜̙̼̣̤ͧ̀̓̽ͅ,ͦ̄͗ ̱̺͚̺̎͐̾ͣ ̄̍ͮ͏̻̥̬A͍̗̠̖͎͚̙̾͂̐̉͆̓͛ͥ̂N̵̅̇͗̀͏̬̝Ȧ̙̤̣̬͉̬̣͌̀S̸̙͇̊ͧ ̮̤͈͇Ṡ̱͓̟̫͐̽̈́̿̎͟.̵̧͍̗͇͕͙̘ͭ́̓̾͟ (http://i.imgur.com/ejVel.jpg)

Delphinus
04-16-2012, 04:47 PM
"Calm down Ismat I mean I know it's scary that demonic roaring is really scary but we have stay calm and face whatever it is that's down there have courage and keep calm and carry on and yes I'll try to help you out." She sounded like she was trying to convince herself as much as Ismat, but before Ismat had a chance to make a snide comment, Tahira's face became tranquil and relaxed. She was muttering dozens of indistinct words under her breath, one hand still on Ismat's shoulder, her skin glowing faintly, like an angel's. The light became concentrated in her hand, then the Tiefling was engulfed in its calming, warming light.

Ismat felt ready for anything down there, no matter how horrifying it seemed to be.

She cast Heroism on Ismat. That gives Ismat +2 on rolls for skill checks, saves, and attacking.

Regantor
04-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Ismat stood on the tips of her toes and arced her head backward, as if fighting off an immensely alien sensation, then swung her cranium forwards and shook it rapidly.

"...Why d... what did you... Tahir..." Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to cast heroism on a short underhanded half-demon with a chip on her shoulder, after all... Eyes glazed over, she looked drugged to say the least, simply staring up at the empty stairway that Anass had disappeared upon.

Like a puppet on tangled strings, she inevitably began to shamble the stairs after him, fighting her roaring inner urge to flee every step of the way.

Everything was empty.

Both of her hands blindly grasped onto the back of Anass' shirt and attempted to heave him backwards, for the second time today.

Hopefully, there would still be a way back...

Kodos
04-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Even with her Fiendish sight, Ismat could see nothing. She and Anass were alone in the dark place, now. No way back.

Of course, they weren't alone. They had It there with them. And It was watching. Looking right at them. Through them. Into them. Out of them.

The roar, again. Closer now. Definitely closer.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-21-2012, 08:50 PM
They were going to die, there was nowhere to run. In a desperate attempt to get the fuck out Anass tried teleporting to the outside of the ship.

Kodos
04-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Anass and Ismat are no longer in that place.

They are seated. In wooden chairs.
There is a table in front of them. With a setting.
It is tea time.

Sitting across from them is a woman (http://i.imgur.com/sWdaj.jpg). She is like an Elf, but paler, her skin a pure white, and taller, at least six feet.

The room was lavishly furnished but the two could not make out any details.

The Elf-thing spoke, her bearing regal but her voice somehow hollow and odd. It was sing-song and dead-inside at all once. "Hello, darlings you're just in time for tea." She proceeded to pour something from the teapot into their cups, only instead of tea streaming out, it was a thick stream of blood, with screaming faces emerging from the liquid and wailing. Within the faces were more faces. All the way down. As far as they could look.

Everything was dreamlike. Were they dreaming? Was this a dream? Was out there, a dream, and this reality? How could they tell? How could they be sure?

The roar, again. Was It here too? The Elf-thing didn't seem particularly concerned.

Regantor
04-22-2012, 09:52 PM
The goatish girl's head was spinning. There was just too much being thrown at her face at once, aside from the fact that her mind was still desperately trying to shake off the last throws of Tahira's damned heroism spell. It made her feel sick to the very pit of her stomach.

Standing up and nudging the chair backwards rather haphazardly, Ismat just gave them both a blank look, then calmly crawled underneath the table, put her hands to her eyes, and waited for it all to just go away.

It had to be a trick. Or a dream?

Kodos
04-22-2012, 09:57 PM
"What an odd girl that Ismat is." The Elf-thing smiled at Anass, as her eyes flashed a blinding green for a moment and the sound of screaming set to music filled the room.

"So how has your day been? That's what it's called right? You still have time out there in dream-land? It hasn't gone all wibbly-wobbly yet?"

Superdooperphailmachine
04-23-2012, 09:51 AM
"What? Where am I?" Anass pointed his crossbow at the elf thing, underneath the table.
"What's that noise?"

Kodos
04-23-2012, 10:37 AM
"I mean, being in more than one place at once would be impossible! Unless, I suppose, you were one of the Many-Angled Ones. Or a god. Or really magical. But that's all just silly." She continued. The Elf-thing laughed. "You're here, silly! I mean, where else would you be? You can't be in more than one place at once!"

I guess time just went wibbly-wobbly.

Regantor
04-23-2012, 04:21 PM
"Who are you?" Ismat questioned, through still cowering underneath the table and covering her eyes. Well, maybe 'cowering' was the wrong word. It was more like she was just trying to avoid eye contact really, really hard. "How did you now my name? We aren't dead, are we?"

Kodos
04-24-2012, 01:30 AM
"Why, I'm me, silly! I mean, who else would I be?" The Elf-thing said before Ismat even opened her mouth to speak. "I knew your name because you're my guests! It would be pretty strange of me to invite you to tea if I didn't even know your names!" She laughed.

"Of course you're not dead!" She laughed, before her voice took on a horrifying, angry tone. "Nothing ever dies here! No matter how much I beg or scream or cry or try, no matter how many times I die, It won't ever let me die. I was trying to help, you know. To save them. To save us. I thought it was a good idea. I mean, we had no choice. I had no choice! I didn't know. I didn't know. I was trying to fucking help!"

She stopped abruptly, and nudged Ismat with her foot. "It's very rude hiding down there. Very un-ladylike. Why don't you sit down and behave yourself?" She laughed before shrugging at Anass, not reacting at all to the fact a very large spider had just crawled out of Anass's ear, dove into his teacup, and exploded in a shower of tiny fireworks. "She's quite the odd one, eh?"

zizi
04-25-2012, 05:24 PM
You learn very quickly, when all that stands between you and She-who-sees's cold touch is finding your way, always always always trust your Guide.

So when Nuru started freaking out, whipping her legs with his tail and snapping at her ankles when she took a step forward, Ode didn't care that she looked like a superstitious savage when she refused to go any further. The feeling of dread was one thing, but by the Sister's, this was something else.

She had sat, back to the ship, and stroked a hand down Nuru's bristling spine as she waited for her companions voices to fade.

Nuru edged closer to her, and she nudged him with a knee. "Silly," she murmured, "they're just getting something, and then we'll be gone and I'll get paid for doing nothing more than sitting here. I think you're getting soft, my Guide, my Nuru."

Even still, she glanced at the sky. The sun had moved too far. For a simple snatch and split, this was taking too long.

Too long, too long. The unease that pricked at her skin rippled through her belly.

Too long. Viktor thought her ignorant; most of the people-who-do-not-walk did. They saw the walking peoples had no scrolls- most couldn't read and fewer could write more than their name- and they saw ignorance.

The people-who-do-not-walk did not hear the songs. Songs passed down, songs that spoke to the very flesh. The flesh remembers.

The hair on the back of Ode's neck stood out, and she shivered in the heat.

The flesh remembers, and they have taken too long.

Sending curses and prayers to the Sisters, Ode moved fluidly to her feet, and turned to face the beached ship. Nuru hissed, forked tongue flicking in and out of his mouth, increasingly agitated. Ode unsheathed her swords, and very gently nudged the lizard with a foot.

"Stay," she instructed him, in a tone that allowed no argument, and climbed up to the boat.

Regantor
04-25-2012, 11:44 PM
The blob that was Ismat's curled up form seemed to shiver for a moment at the clearly insane woman's outburst. -Or the thing that looked like a woman's outburst? Nudging her only caused the tiefling to roll onto her back and continue to act completely unresponsive.

"Yeah. Sorry. I'm pretty rude, you see." The voice was just as detached as before, as if actively trying to respond whimsically to somehow change the mood of the situation... or alter the course of what was clearly a dream? "But I dressed for the occasion, didn't I? Haha. Just look at that slob Anass. I like your dress, too, but you'd look super better with antlers, I think, and... and... without horns you guys just look sorta bald you know, so you callin' me... is kinda l-l-like..."

"W-w-what did you say your name was again, hun? What about this frisky mausoleum? Those things has names, don't them... t-t-those?..."

Kodos
04-26-2012, 12:09 AM
"Oh, silly!" The Elf-thing laughed. "I'm the White Queen. I think. Wait, no. Yes. No. Wait. Yes!" She giggled again. "I mean, if I wasn't the White Queen, who would I be? The Red Queen?" She gave a laugh and a snort. "Oh! How un-ladylike of me. But yeah, I'm the Red Queen, definitely. It would be silly if I wasn't. The White Queen, that is. Not the Red Queen. Definitely not the Red Queen. Unless I was. If I was the Red Queen, I'd definitely be her, wouldn't I? I, mean, that's how it works, right? But I'm not. Her. That is. I'm not the Red Queen, I'm the Red Queen. I mean, the White Queen. That's who I am. Definitely. I'm positive, unless I'm wrong."

"Can't trust her, though. Right proper bitch, if you'll pardon my un-ladylike language." She smiled at Anass. "Oh! Hello. When did you get here?"

Regantor
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
The second that the 'Queen's attention was directed at Anass, Ismat bolted forward and scuttled along underneath the table. She took refuge by standing up behind the high-back chair at the end and raising her dress above the level of the legs, in one swift motion... Then instantly ruined it by poking her head out obnoxiously and giving the woman a severe look of agitation.

"Why w-won't this dream end already?" Her winding red tail snapped like a whip, and her raspy voice began a rapid-fire torrent of insults and demands in disgruntlement. "Dissolve, idiot! I'm, like, bored! I'll scream! Ugly!"

Kodos
04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Several hours passed in silence.

"Oh, you think this is a dream?" The White and/or Red Queen suddenly piped up. "You're confused, silly! Out there is the dream. In here? This is the Truth."

Regantor
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
"In h-here? In here?" Ismat's face flushed fully crimson with annoyance, and she suddenly lept upon the table, knocking abhorent cutlery everywhere. Shoulders arced inward, fists down, and cheeks puffed outward, she was just about the angriest that a frumpy five-ish foot sheep girl could look. "Y-You c-can't just say that and not tell me where we are! How about were or what is here? -and what the hell is wrong with you, dimstreak!? Tramp! Idiot!"

Kodos
04-27-2012, 09:01 PM
"Here is here, where you are, silly! Where else would here be? Here is Kadath." The White and/or Red Queen then frowned. "You're very rude, Ismat. Go away."

And then Ismat Went Away.

***

Ismat found herself alone (http://tindeck.com/listen/vlzh) in a strange and alien place (http://i.imgur.com/Uat88.jpg).

Only she wasn't alone. She never, ever, really was. Especially not here, in this place. Of course not, here. Here, It was with her. And very near, very close. So close she could feel It.

Delphinus
04-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Everyone was gone. Tahira felt like crying, but that would be silly and childish. She'd show them! After all, it wasn't like she'd decided to leave home just to go on safe journeys and deliver mail; she'd wanted to see dangers and exotic thingys. But this was unreal. Magic? She'd never done any like it, or seen any sorcerer do any like it. She hadn't seen many magicians, though. Maybe she was naive, but there was something new to do right now, and that was go up the stairs.

And vanish. Like they had. It was crazy. Why would she throw herself into the unknown like that? It was stupid to come out here, stupid ever to leave the apothecary. She thought. She thought too much about it all. She was thinking too much about it all. She should be helping the crazy demon-woman-thing and the thug, not sitting out here hugging her knees. Yet she couldn't move her legs. Ismat had taken the Heroism, but she was the one who really needed it. More than she needed a plaster for her bruises.

Screw it, she couldn't stay here. She reached deep inside her mind for a scrap of courage, found the world of courage in its infinite supply, tried to draw some of it into herself, to will herself forwards. Go up the stairs.

Tahira casts Command.

It worked. She headed up the stairs.

Regantor
04-28-2012, 11:50 PM
A tremendous, horrible sound ate at Ismat's ears. She covered them with her hands desperately. It didn't help. Was it inside her head? Was this all inside her head?

Walking didn't really work properly, either. It felt like gravity hadn't decided if it could be bothered existing today. The floor felt alternatingly like hot syrup or solid ice, too. Regardless, she dragged herself forward and tried to find the nearest thing to lash out at. It didn't exist. So, she just yelled out instead.

"I'll find you, you ugly deformed shits! I know you're doing this! I know it'isn't real! I'll make you hurt! Slimy god-dammed mush-headed vomit-licking shitfucks!"

Superdooperphailmachine
04-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Anass couldn't do much about Ismat vanishing. Couldn't really do much about anything, just ask questions.
"Where was I before I woke up, what is Kadath and where did you send Ismat?"

Kodos
04-30-2012, 10:28 AM
The White and/or Red Queen answered Anass the moment he thought of speaking. "Out there, beyond the veil, of course. Where else would the dreaming dead live?" The White and/or Red Queen said with a puzzled look on her face. "What an odd thing to ask."

She smiled. "Kadath is here, silly! Do try and keep up, Anass. You're a smart boy, I know you can do it." She placed a hand on his and gave a friendly smile. "Away. I sent Ismat away. Obviously."

Kodos
05-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Tahira found herself in an endless black void. She was standing on ground, at least, but there was no light. Darker than black. And it was cold. So cold, and so alone.

Except, of course, she wasn't alone. It was here with her. And she could hear It. Roaring as It stalked her in the endless creature darkness.

Ḭ̴͇̥ͧ͊ͤ̌̎̽̏ ̠̗̠̮̮̒̀ͫ̿͛ͤ̆̀̕͘S̸̠̘̻̟͔͉͇̼ͦͩͫE̩̠̬̟̳͎̟̹̐̄ͧͭ͐ͧ̍ͬͬĘ̶̄ ̡̱̱͓̞ ̷̝̱ͩ̎͗̉͢Y̦͓̗̠͈̹ͬ̃͒ͭ̍̾ͮ͑́͞Ǫ̺̹͚̭̭̹͎ͧͭͤU͉̪̻͗͗̏̈ͮ̈͝.̓ ̋ͮͣ̒̆̉ͥ͆҉͉̳͍̦̹̠̺

Delphinus
05-18-2012, 06:35 PM
"Ee!" Tahira made a noise somewhere between a squeak and a scream. It was everywhere and It was unescapable. It was invisible and unfightable. There wasn't any way to stand It down, nothing she could do, no objects to strike. It was feeding. And there was no way to resist It.

She clutched her knees in her arms and sobbed quietly in the darkness.

Kodos
05-18-2012, 06:47 PM
The creature darkness took Tahira.
The loneliness was crushing her.
She was alone.
Alone with It.
She wanted to die.
Of course she did.
She always wanted to die.
Only way out.
Only way.
Only way to make it stop.
To make it end.
But it won't.
It will never end.
Never never end.
Make it stop.
It hurts.

I̓̓ͥ̀̈ͦ͑͐̅ͬͮͬͫ͏͝ ̶̡̢͆̏̌̌͗ͩͦ̓̓̐ͦͭͮ̀̾̉͘͘S̨̧̅̎́̌͆ͭ͘E̷̶̵ͮ̄͒ͫ͑͗̚͢͞Eͯͪ͗́́ ̡̡̽ͭ̃ͨͪ́́͡ ̧ͣ̃̒͗́͘͟͞Y̛̑͊̽͑̄̾̎ͨ̃ͩ͊̊ͤ͊̚͞͞O̷͂̋̀̆̇̑̓͜Uͫͧͤͯ͋ͨͧ̎̊̔͆ ̛̛͗͒ͩͩ̉̃̔̕҉́,̴̢̢ͫ̉͋̆́̍ͯ͂ͭͯ̈̑̽ͬ ̵̡͐ͬ̈́T̷̡̐̊̉̈ͧͮͣ̐ͤ̾ͨͬͯ͝A̢͋ͯ̍̃͊̈́̓ͮ̈̈̈́ͩ́H͌͋̈́ͤͫͮͦͤ̅ͣ̾̚ ͊ͦ҉̴I̴̷͐̎ͦ͋̐̓͂̈́̎̽͂̑͗̇̒͑̔͘͟͠R̷̨͛͊ͫ̅ͦ͊͛̄͛ͬ̓ͥ͗͋̌ͩ̓̈́͜͡ ̵Ä͗ͯ̐ͫͬͩ̿̑̿ͩ̓̓͒̿̎ͦͭ͞.̴̒̌́̓͗̆ͪ̍̅ͤ͛͒̋ͥ̈̚͞͝ (http://i.imgur.com/KPT8O.jpg)

***

There was a blinding light, burning and swallowing and crushing Ismat.
There was nothing else but the golden light.
Ismat was alone now.
She was alone with It.

I̡͓̺̮̘͇̦̻̥̺͕̪͕̲̬͚͖̜̟͟ ̕͏̗̱̺͙̞̰̣͓̬͈͍̫̹̺͓S̡̛̰͉̱͍̺͍͉̝̦̠͢E̸̸̢͏̲͓̥͇̜̹É͖̙̲̲̕̕ ̞̗̜̲͙ ̴͘҉̶̟̺͈̞̩̳̖̠̖́Y̵̴̱̘͉̲͈͉̤̞͔͔̞̩̣͎̳̗͘̕͠ͅƠ͖͓̼̫͞U̢̡͘͜͡ ̻̰͍͔̘͎͕̠͕͕̗̪̻̤͙ͅ,̀͏̶̧͈͙̠̥̥̮̦͖̞̤̥̲̭̫̲͈̤̻ ̧̟̲̟̟̱͍̱̺̞̺̦͉̗̙́̀͘I҉̱͖͖͙̣͔͚͙̯̮̳̮͓ͅŚ҉͠͏̫̯͕͕̲̪͓̩͇̞̩ ͉̯̙M̷̸̧͚̝̣̕A҉̵̧̛̠̥̝̣̗̤̩́T̵͕̼̝̤̬͙͘͡͝͡ ̷̗͔͙̻͉̜͚̱̘̲͇̱́͞M҉̴͓̞̰͉̹͓͉͈͇͕͔̩̫̕͘͢ͅÁ̷҉̜͔͉̥͕̻͔̺͎̘͚ ̙̬͙͉K̴̡̡̦̣͙̦͉̹̤̙̖̺̺̥̭̬̫̩̀Á͉̠̣͔̮͉̠͙͙͇͟A̤͉̖͞R̸̙̠͚̤ͅ ̝̰̞̮I̡̛̳͙̪̫̲͎̫̮̤͟͡M̦̳͎̟̳̪͔͇̲̱͔̀́͟͝͞.͞҉̸̸͇͇̹̭͔̮͕̯̲͟ ̺ (http://i.imgur.com/X8x62.jpg)

Regantor
05-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Ismat did what came naturally. Screeching, kicking, swearing and clawing at nothing. Inaudible, without aim, just filled with a primal sort of desperate anger. Every few seconds she habitually paused to bite out great chunks of air, only to find out that this unholy dimension neither had any, nor did her body apparently require any within it.

It had to be a dream. or a strong magical effect of some kind. The tiefling just couldn't let herself believe otherwise. This just couldn't be the way was she was supposed to end up.

In earnest, the flurry of frantic scratching and cursing continued. Even when her eyes were open, she refused to acknowledge what was before her.

zizi
05-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Ode moved silently around the ship, each step increasing her fear. Where were the others?

She stood in a room where books lay empty of their words, a door open in front of her that lead to a room that yawned into forever.

The flesh remembers, and Ode's skin crawled. She-Who-Sees was not in this place, and She-Who-Dreams would not have created it. This was a place of wrongness. No god had birthed this, neither the Sisters nor the Man of the Sun nor any god that any person had ever whispered a prayer to.

Reflexively, Ode touched her right hand to the centre of her forehead, then down to her lips. "Long live the Sisters," she said, though even as the words left her lips they felt hollow and dead.

She closed the door slowly and spun around, her eyes falling to a trapdoor that presumably lead to the holds. Gingerly she heaved it open, and though she saw what appeared to be an ordinary room she still stared for a full minute, muttering words in languages she only half remembered.

Words of Seeing and Dreaming tumbled from her lips as she struggled to find her bravery. Eventually she ran out of phrases and pleas. Dropping her voice to below a whisper, she uttered the only word she had left and ventured down into the trapdoor.

Kodos
05-24-2012, 02:42 AM
The creature darkness took Od.
The loneliness was crushing her.
She was alone.
Alone with It.
She wanted to die.
Of course she did.
She always wanted to die.
Only way out.
Only way.
Only way to make it stop.
To make it end.
But it won't.
It will never end.
Never never end.
Make it stop.
It hurts.

Ḯ̸͑ͪ͐ͪ̎ͣ̓͂͛̌͆̃ͭ́͢͞͝ ̧̨ͬ͌̉̆̐̐ͨ͊̄͗ͭͩ̄̆ͣ̊̇̚͟S̢̛̋̋ͧ̓ͬ̇̽ͦ̅̕E̛͒ͯͥ͊̔̈́̔̆͋ͣͭ̅̔E ̴̢̍ͣ̈́ͭ͗̓ͨͯ̔͑̂̿ͣ͗͆̔͟ ̴̢͂̓̋͊ͦ̎̌͐͗̾ͮẎ̷̇ͮ̂ͬ͘Ỡͣ̅̔͗̀̃͐͛͐ͧ͆͐̔̈́ͧ̀͜͞U̐͂̆ͪ̿͌ͮ ̴̊ͮ̍͛̈́ͯ̓͛̚͜͜͢͡ ̸̸̧͂́̍ͦ̚N̨͐̿ͪ̚̕͢͡H̢̿ͥ͆͒̅̈́̀ͮ̏̃ͩ͂̾ͤ̅͋̑Á̊ͮͮ̄ͬͨ̇͛͒̽ͦ̇ ̵̸̨̡̓ͭͮ́T̊̒̓ͫ̓̌̋̌ͪͩ́̄͆҉̶͢͠ ̷͐͊ͨ̌ͭ͑͐͗ͥ̈́̓ͬ̽ͬ̇̋̓́͘͜B̵̷ͫ̋ͭ͊ͧ̃̇͒̀̊̄̅̚H̸̛͐̉̈́ͬ́̉̕͡͞A ̡̧͒ͦ͌ͮ̽̏ͥ͆̆̀̈́̽̚Rͦ͆ͤ̾̐̂̾́̀͜Ą̢̎͊͒ͫ͋̐ͧ͒͊ͩͯ̏͒͗͠͝S̆ͨ̏ͬ ̶̊̿̄ͤ̿̂ͩ̽ͥ͗͏ ̴̧ͨ͋ͩ̄ͮ́͘Ḑ̢̃͛̔͋ͩ͌͛ͪ̈ͦͦ̌͌̾̏̆͛͠͝U̴̡ͣ̐̌ͩ̐͊̋ͬ͒ͥ͑̚͏̧͘R ̵̡͂ͧ͊ͧ̀̊ͣ̾̀Rͪ̏ͣ̽̀͠.̶̸̡ͧͩ̀̄ͩ̀̚͘.̈́͌̍̏ͪ̂̏̽ͫͯ̊̽̃ͮ̄ ̴̡̆ͣ (http://i.imgur.com/R2Yw8.jpg)

zizi
05-24-2012, 02:57 AM
It Saw.
It Dreamt.
It Knew.

Ode was screaming and silent and broken and together. Ode was nothing and everything and It would not stop.
It would not stop.
It.

Regantor
05-24-2012, 11:47 PM
The difference between what Ismat was thinking and what she was yelling aloud seemed to break down completely. It was as if rampant, raving madness was the natural state of things in this place. The walls that separated her psyche from the outside world were bending, buckling... Or, perhaps, outside and inside just happened to be the same thing?

"-Who are?... It isn't real... I'll fucking kill... I can't dance if my feet are.... I can't see..." The tiefling curled up into a ball and clutched her head tightly, gibbering. She could close her eyelids, or her mouth. But neither seemed to make any difference. "Why doesn't he save me?... Was I so?... He won't because it isn't real... I can't feet my feet... my eyes... I want to take that one book from victor when... Fuck, who are you?... Why can't I?... It isn't real..."

Kodos
05-24-2012, 11:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nwmub.jpg
I̴̛͟͝ ̵͏̡̢A͘͜M̶̷̕͠ ̡T̛̛͢H̴̕E̶͘ ̵̀͘͡͏K̢͜͢͟͡I̴̕͘Ņ̕҉G̵̛ ̢͡͞I̷̡̧͏Ǹ͠ ̡͘͏Y͏͏͡É̵L̶̶̨L͞Ó̸̧͟҉W̢̨͟͝.̵̸̕͝
̴̶̪̝̺̩̦̱̼̲̹̤̘͔̱̖̪̲̮͟͢͠Í̢̧̘͚̞͈̙̰͎̪͙͖̩͜/͏̤̱̺͚́͟W̹͉̦͖̱̲͚̥̞̘̳͟͠͞͠Ḛ̡̛̳̹̣̼̲̞͍͉̞̼̩̖͉̕ͅ/̵̗̗͉̳̪͝I̢̛̥̝̯͕̬̞̳͚͎̺T̛̝͈̯͇͔̕͞ ̵̵̲̻͔͇̩̙͘͘A̶̡͉͖̹͎͈̹̖̻̼̘̗̦̥͍͖̜̻͟M͏̧̲̥̱̗̰͖͚̠͍͇̼̖̺́͞ͅ ̫̻ͅ/̛̣̩͔͕̥̠͝A̢̟͉̫͖̜̱̮͕̻͉̹͖̺̙̘̪̠ͅͅŖ̧̢̨̫̺͔̗̞̜̝̻͖͢E̶̢͏͘͢ ͎̠͇̪͚̙͍̻̭͎͔͎̙͔̝̯̰͈ ̡̬̝̺͖̤̹̻̰͖̱̗͝ͅͅT̢̡̹̝̻͎͇̘̫̘̣͍̲̦̜̠̭̱̼̦̝̀͡͠H̞̙̥̞̜͟͜E̛ ҉̙̥̣̦̟͇͍̟͕̖̻̘̠̼̪͈ ̢̹̹̙̗̘̫͔͙̠͖̞̖̫̰͎̲̩̪͝ͅT̴̢̳̦̱͉́͞ͅR̀͏̷̴̨͚̭̻̠̲̱̝̙̰̼͎̟ͅ Ù̶̷̧̞̪̟͕̳̭̱͙͖͇̞̘̲T̷̲̞̟̲̞̩̝̼̀͟͜H̶̥͇̜̭͕̫̻̜̺̼̩̰̝͖̮̤͢ ̖̣,̛̼͙͙̤̞̳̤̖̫͈͞ ̶̭̯̳̠͚̣̹̞͖̞̣́͟I̡̧͞҉̣̪͈͈̤͚͉̺̲̯̗̥̞̦̹̱̕ͅŚ̮͔͉ͅM͎̲̫̟͠͠ ̻̜̳͕̜͎̟̺ͅÀ̷̷̪̟̗̪͞T̵̩̮͕̠̫͇̼̳͖̕ ҉̶̴̛̪̺̞͇̣̫̗̹̠͔̳̘̭͝M̴͏̣̝͇͎̹͎̫̠͕͓A̡̧͖̲̝̤͕̕K҉̨͠҉͍͎̼̰̲ ̪̖̫̭͙̪͖Ą̰͓̜̹̫̗͍̦̀A̵̴̵̛̬͙̯̜͇̝̫͈̙͈͇̦̼̞͜ͅR̨̠͍̖̩͕̟̤̭͟ ̮̲̫I̸̳̖͇͉͕͎̕͠Ḿ̶̧̨̜͍͍̠.͓̫͎̼̯͚̳̺̪͖̕͠

zizi
05-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Ode writhed, limbs moving to dances never forgotten, never learned. The flesh remembers. Her arms whirled about desperate for any feeling other than the endless torment of being alone (but you're not alone you're not, It is here It is always here It sees It dreams It knows) as she moved, thoughts flitted through her mind and screamed out of her mouth.

"Whathowwhowhenwhy

WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
?
DO I WANT TO KNOW? (no
no
no) but-!
I
must
ask"

WHAT
ARE
YOU?"

Kodos
05-28-2012, 08:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tCFEW.jpg
I̐̿͑ͬ̓̏̈̆͊̓̑̓ͬ̅̅͒̄̽ͭ̕͟ ͭ́̑ͧ̽̂ͮ̅̉͗͆̊̈͠Ą̷̶̢̀̃̾̓͟M̢ͣ̃͛ͨ́͝ ̽̽̎̂͐̓̈́́͊͋̓̇ͬ̀͟҉T̨̧̛͒ͦ͌̄̾͂̐̓ͣͤ͆͛̈́̑̍̒̾̌̚H͑̂ͥ̍̒͆ͯ͋̃̈́ ͤ́̀̚͜E̸͆ͨ̓̈̈́̈́̋̅̃̚͟҉ ̸̡̊ͩ͌̐͆ͨ̎̿̓͢N̛͑̆͒͋ͤͪ͗ͮ̋̓̎ͩ̒̀I̵̛̾͌ͨ́̿̆ͭ̿̔̅̇ͫ͂͞͡͝G͒̾ ̢̛̀̓ͧ͊͒̒́̈́͂ͣͥͫ͐͆ͧ̉̚H̵̡̛̋ͩ͋ͮͨ̀͡Tͯ̓͑̈̓́͠ ̒ͥ̈́ͪͤͭ̓̔̒̂̆ͥ́͘͡͏Aͭ̀̽̇ͭ̾ͭ͏̵͡N̶̨̾̓̽̊ͬ̒̌̒͒Ď̓̅ͤ͑̽ͦ̓̈́̚ ̷̨̐ͥ ̵̡̨̀̉ͥ͒T̏̓ͮ̆̒ͪͯ͛͐́̊ͥ̃̐̅̿͂́͘͢H̸̡͒ͥ̂̌̾̄ͪ̊͗͑ͯ̇̔̇̅̆ͮ͑ͥ ͡E̸͗̏̓ ͌̾͊̐҉̶V̵̨ͭ̽͆̈̓̄͐ͩ̏̒ͮͥ̿͛͟O̷̿͆̓̅ͦ̓̀İͦ̊ͭ̈́̾ͧ̓̂̿̒̋̇ͣ́̚ ̷́̀̕Dͥ̂̿͑̍͏͠
̀͟҉͘Ą̸N̶͜D̨҉̕͟ ̧̛͘T̸͟͏͏H͏͘͝͡E̴ ̸̴͞Ȩ͜͠M̵͟͞͏͟P̢͞T͘͘I͟҉̀N̷͢͢͠͠É͠͡S͘͏̢͘͞ ̶̧͡A͘N̨͢D̷͜͟͞ ̴̧͜҉̛T̸́͠H͜҉̧E̸͠҉͡ ̢͟S͏͏O̸͟R͜͝R̛̕O̢͘͢҉̀W̧̕
̛͞͞A̶̢͟͞N҉̷͠D̡̛̀́ ̶̧͘͏T̵̵̢͠͞H̀̕͢͞E̷͏̨ ͟҉͡҉҉H̷̴̡͟͢O̴̴̡̧͞Ŗ͞͞Ŕ̶͜͞O̸͘͞R̛͟ ̡̀̕A̴͜͝N̴͠D͘̕҉ ̵̸̡҉͘T̷H̢̡͝E̛̕͢ ̶͠Ų͘͏Ņ̵́R҉̧̡̧̕Ę̸̨Ą̛S͏̴̢͝Ó̧͘͘N̡͝
̢̛͝͠A̢̛͢͠N̨҉̨͢D͢҉̴̨́ ͏͘͢T̷͘H̴͢E̸̴̵͜ ̶̨͝L̛O̴͟͞N̴̢͘͘̕É̴͝͠͠L̸̷I̷̛͡N͠͞҉E̶̵͏͘S̨͡҉̕͠S̡͢ ̨͡ ̡͠
A̵͏N̶̶͟͢͢D̸͜͜ ̵̵͟͜T͡͝͏Ḩ̸́̀E̸͜͟͞ ̡̛S͢H̢͞͞A̵̴͘Ḑ̷͘O̧̢͘͢҉W̴͡ ̨̀Ţ͟͟͝H͏̨͘͝A̧̛Ţ̛͘̕̕ ̀҉̴͜҉L̵͞I͜F҉̵͞E̷͘҉̵̢ ̷̡̢͞͡C̶̀͘҉̀A͡͡S̛͘T҉̵͡S҉̀͘͠͡.̴̢
̀͏҉͞
̷̵̧̢͞Í҉ ̡͟͟͝͞A̴͟Ḿ̢̢͢͝ ̀̕Ţ̀̕͡H͢҉È ̡͟͝͝C̵̵̢͢͢Ŕ̷̛Ą̀W̶̧L̶̵͞Ì͘͜͠Ǹ̡͜͜Ģ̴͏́ ̧̨͘͢͝C͏́H́͠À̸Ò̵͘͢S̸.҉̵
̛͟͝I̸̵̢̢/̵̴͘҉W̶̕͢͠͠E̷͟͏̢̀/̧͞͡I͟҉҉T̸͞͠ ̛͏͢͜À̵̢͟M̴̢͞/͏̷̸̢Ą̷̀͞͡R҉̸E̶͝͝ ̸̡͜T̨́H̸̸҉̶É͝ ̛T̶̀́̀͡R̡̨͜U̡̧͜͞T̨̀́H̵͞͠.̷̛҉
̵̷̀̕͢
͝͞͠A̵͝N̸̢D̶̀̕͢ ͠I̢̕͟ ̵̶̴͠S̡͜͟E̶̸E͘͘ ̷̴́͡Y͞͏͝͡O̸̵̢Ù́͝.͞͝҉̴
̨͝Į͟͢͡ ̵̨͢Ş͘ĘȨ̶ ̨͞͏Y̢͝Ò̶͠U̵͘͠ ͏͏N̕͞H̵̨͞A͟T҉͏̴ ̷̛͟B̵́͝͡H̵̶̢͟͜Á̢̢̛͘Ŗ̶͜͢͝Á̧S͘҉ ͘͝Ḑ́U͜͢R̸̴̸҉Ŕ̷͘͝.̨͡
̸͠A̶̸̕͏N҉̡̧͢D̨̕ ̕͡I̧̧̕͟͝T̴̸ ̵̵̧̀W̷̛͏̧Í͡Ļ̡͢͜͞L̴̨̛̕͠ ̶̵̨̡͝Ǹ̷E͏̡͟͢V̷̛E̵̡̧̛͟R̀͜͡ ̴̷̡̨͢E͜͜N͟͟҉̨͢D̨͡͏͜͞.̷̢
E̸̴̵̡͢V̴̢͝É̡͝Ŗ҉͘

zizi
05-28-2012, 08:11 PM
"WHAT
WHAT
what
what do you want
from
me?"

Kodos
05-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Y̵̵̡͐͆͌̅͂ͤ͐͗ͫ̚͘̕Ǫͯ̔͊̈́́̏̎͋̀̈́̉ͬ̐́͑̇̿͢͡Ů͒ͯ̐ͦ̽̾̄̅ͩ̉͆ ̂́́̕͠͡҉ ̂̂ͨͫ͒̈́̍͌̋͌͑ͤͪ̉̾͜҉͝A̛̿̉̃ͣ̎̀ͪ̂͐̓̃̀̿͝L̷̨̍ͨ̄̓́ͣͨͦ̊̄̎ͤR ̡̇ͣ̍̋͊̿̇ͩ̈̒ͤͣ͗ͪ̈͘͝҉͘Eͯ̊͗̀̀͢͟͞Ą̧̆̒ͧ̄ͯ͞D̷̢̃͋̃̋̿́̽ͮͨ ̸̢͜Y̡̢̡͆̆̓̐̋ͮ͐͊̅͌ͣͦ͂ͩ̓̽ͦͭ͝ ̶̷ͨ̃̾͗̇̉ͮͭͯ̈̈́ͦ̑̚͘K̸̆̐̐ͯ̈̇̌̓̍͛̄͊̑̀̎͝N̑̓ͪ̋̑̾͒ͯ̈̾͊ͫ̚҉ ̛Oͭ̇͌ͯ̿̉̍̈́̄ͬ̌̄ͯ̊ͬ͟͞W̑̐ͮ͑ͭ̇͛̃ͧ͊̓́.̸ͤͣ̋̀ͫ̽̈́̄͌̃̄ͥ͒͋̆͠ ̴̛͡
L͞͏͞O҉͘͏O͘҉̸͟K̴̢̕͢͡ ̀͏A͜T̴̷̵̨ ̡̕͟͠͠Ḿ̷̨̕E͠͏̵̧͝/̸͝͡Y̕͝O͡͏U̵͜͞͞/̶̵́̕͠Í̴̛͞T̢̡/̛͞U̧͟S҉̧̨͘

Ode couldn't look at It. Couldn't. Never. Never, never, never. Couldn't face It. If she looked at It, she would die. No. Not really. But Worse. Much Worse. She knew. Somehow. The Worst Thing. Can't look at It.

H̵̷̡ͦ̔ͥ͊̈͂̎̌̽̆̃̓ͩ̚̚̕͝Ǘ̽̂̉̄̈́ͬͩ́̔̕͝͝͝R͒̄̀̌̍̍͌̌͊ͩ̅͌ͦ ̵̢̛̽͟͞T̛͗ͥ̈́ͯ̎ͭ̇͐͆ͩͫ͑ͤ̅̅́͢͢͞.̷̽̇͛̌̉̂ͤ̉̚
I͘͠͠҉̛T҉̢͘ ̵̧̨̧Ì̷̛͘S̶̡͡ ͏̡̢̛͜A̸͠͠͠͏L̶̢̢̀͢L̀͏ ̷̵҉̷̀P҉̀̀͡͡O̴I̴̢͢Ņ̵́͜T̢͟҉͏L̶̴̢͢͟Ȩ̨͟S͘҉̨͜S̢̕͏̷.̴͞ ̧̀͜
̵͞S̨̡O̕͠͞͡ ̕͟V̷͠͠Ę̴̛̕Ŗ́͟͞Y̶̡̡͟͡ ͠҉̛̕P̧̢͘͘Ò̶̡͟Ì̢͢͠N̶̷̴̢͡Ţ̶͟͝L͜͝È̕S̛̕͝Ś.͏̷
̨̢̛̀͞
̸̴́͟͡N͞O̕̕͠T̴̨͜҉̷H̶̢̡̢́Ì̕N̡͟G̀̀͏ ̡̀͡͞M̵͘͘͘͠A͞͠T͏̢͘T̷́͟͝Ę̕͏R̛S̢̧͢.͟͞
̨̨͟͜N͘͘O̧̢͘͢͠T̸̛́҉̨Ḩ̧I̧͢N̢̛̕̕͢G̸̢͘ ̢̛̀I̡͜͠͡S̴̡ ҉̀͞͡R̨͘͢͏̨E͞͏̡̛͘Á̢̀͘Ĺ̵̡.̷̧͟
̨͡
̧̧͜͝N̷̸͝O̵̕͡͝T҉̧ ͏͞E̶̡̕͝V̴E͞͏͜Ń̕ ̡̛͜͝Y̡͝O̶̴͡͡U̡̕͜,̡͟͠͞ ̢̀͟͟͞Ņ͘H̴̷͠͝À̢͞͏T͢͞ ̛̀͏̛B́̀҉͡H͟A̶̡̨̛͡R̸̷̸̛͝Á̧Ş̷̢͠ ̸̶̢͡D̷̸͠Ù҉́Ŕ͘R̵̨͢.̧҉́͘͟
̡̨͢E͏̢̧Ş̸P̸̵̛͟͞Ę̸̡Ć̷I̷̧͝҉Ą̵͢͞L̷͜L҉Ỳ̸̢̛ ̧̨͠͞Y̸͏Ò͢͟͠U̴̢.͜͞

I̷̕͜͠ ̴͘͟͜A҉̷́̕M̵̀̀͝ ̡̨͡C͏̛O͢͠M̵I̸͟N̷̛͜҉̷Ģ̵͝ ҉̷͢͝F͟͜͡͠O͠҉҉̧͜R͏͘͘ ͏͢͝͝Y҉̧̧O̷͞U̶͡,̶̧͡ ̢́N̨H̕͏A̢̨̢͜T̴͏̵ ̵̵̛̀͝B̀͜H҉̨̀A͟͝R̢͡͡͞A̷̡̢͞Ś̡̛͝͝ ͟͜͡D͏̴̀͟U͞R̷̡͞͝͏R̀.̷̛͝
͜͝A̴̸͘͢Ń̷̷͟͠D̕ ҉̛́Y̴̛Ǫ̛́͞Ú̸ ̵̛͡͠͝C̷̕͝͡͡A҉̷̡N҉̡̢͠N҉͏̧Ó̷̴͘T͜͞҉̕ ́͞H̨́̀I͢͞Ḑ̸̶̧Ȩ҉.̵̡́͝͝
͡͡Ą̧́̕͝Ǹ̢͜͠D̡̧͠ ̸̨̛́͝Ý̷O̵̴̢U̵̡ ̷͜͜͡C̴̶̀͟͝À̷̧̀͡N̛҉̷̢N̡̛O̵͟͡Ţ̢͢͡ ̶R̛͞͝Ú̶̧̀͝Ǹ̸.̧͜͝҉
̴́N̷̛͢Ớ͢͠T̀ ̸́F̵̸͢͝R̶͏҉O̧͡͝M̵̵̸͘͟ ̸̨͜͞M̵͟͜Ę̷͞.́͜͟͜
͢͏͏̨N͏̶Ę̡͡V̕E͏̶̨͏̵R̢͟͜͞҉ ҉҉F͟͡͠͞͞R̛͝O̡͘M̷̵̧͜͡ ͞M̕͘͢E͘͜͞.͝͠͏̶͠
͏̶̷̨͢
̧͡͠͏T̶̵̴H͘͢͠I̴̷͟S̸̶̷͜ ̸̕W͏̴̨҉I͝L͞Ĺ̨̛ ̶̨N͢͏̢̧͡E̢҉̴̢́V̡͜͝Ȩ́͜R̴ ̧̀͘͝Ȩ̡̨͘N̶̢̕͘D҉́͜.̴̴̕͡͞
̸̨́͘͡
̧͟͡N̸̶̡͜҉H̛̀À̵͡T̨ ҉̛͢͟B̶̛̕͜͡H̡̧̛̕͝Á̴͢R̡̀͘̕À͘͢͢͠Ś̷͝ ̷̧͡D̵̴U͘҉͏R̸̵͟R̀҉̀͢͠,҉̶
҉̴͜Ì̡͝ ̕҉̡͠S̛͘͜Ȩ̸͡È̢́ ̵̕͢͢Ỳ̶̵͠͞Ơ̢Ù͟͜͠.̡͢͡͡

Delphinus
06-02-2012, 06:45 PM
It felt like nothing. It felt like everything. The wheel was turning on and on, blindly, without caring, without purpose. It turned, and the world was burning. It turned again and the world was frozen. It turned and Tahira was alive. It turned and Tahira was dead.

She stared into the darkness that was not darkness. She tried to cover her face with her eyes, but her hands were not hands and her eyes were not eyes. There was only the abyss and the cosmic wheel, spinning on and on and on, destroying and creating without regard. There was nothing to touch or fight against. She was nothing but what she fought. What she fought was nothing but her. There was nothing to fight. There was everything to fight. She was not she not I not even we or me or ego.

The voice in the dark called out: LEAVE ME ALONE!

Kodos
06-06-2012, 04:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tXR5x.jpg
Y̸̛ͩͮ̒́̀̀ͫͮ͑ͤ̀̈́̆̓ͥ̈́́O̴̅ͬ͌ͭ̀ͤ̓̾̓ͨ̇̔ͨ̓̚̚̚͜͞U͆̒̏̆̉ͫ͆͋ ̶̶̡̡̢́͒̽̆̑́ͣ̾̔ ̶̵̂̍̐̂̀͜͞Ā̷̵ͧ̇͛̏̈́ͮͨͮ͊͑͂ͥ͗ͯ̽̔͘͜R͗̆ͩ̂̄̋́̕͝E͋ͪ̂̐̉͐̈̃ ̈́ͪ̇͐̿ͨ̿͋͂͋̈́͘͟ ̛͂͛ͨ̀ͣ͋͋̅̎͏A̋̾̿͊̆̆̊̆͐̽̀͡L̨̨̐̓ͧ́ͧ́̀͜Ō̴̒̈́̽͞N̑̒ͨ̑ͪ͊̚ ̴̨̢͋̾ͯ̇͛̌͗͘͡E̸̋̽ͧ̑ͯ̌͒ͮ̍̇ͬ̈͞.̸̷ͨ̇̓̋̿̚
Ş̷̨͏Ó͠҉̶̧ ̶́͘͠A̵͢͟͝͝L͠͏͘̕͜O̸̕N̕͢È͏̕͞
̀̕S̛͞͠O͏̸̵̛ ̧͡͏̀͏A̵̴̵̴̢L̨̛͞͝O̴̶̸͟͡N̶̛E͞ ̷̕͠͡͝Ǹ͞O̢̡͏T̵̛̛́͘H̶̵͜͜͞I̸̢͘͘͜N̵̸̵̡͞G̡̛͞ ̴̀̕E͢͢X̶̵̴͘I̡S̶̨̧̕T̨̕S̡͡͏̢͟ ̧͢͡͝Ę̵V̸̡͜͏͝Ȩ̛͘͟͜Ņ́͡ ҉̵͜͡
̷̨̀͟Ń҉Ơ҉T̀̕͞͡ ͏̡́͜҉E̢V̷Ę̶̨N͏ ̷̛̛̀͢Ỳ̀͘̕͟O̴̧͢͞͡U̴̧
̵̨͝È̷͘͡S̵̢̛͢P͢͏E̛҉̨͡C͡͡I̴͜͠A̴̕͠L̵̡L̡̧̕҉̨Y̶͞ ̷̛͢͟͜Y̸̨͢͢͞Ó̸̴̡̕U̢̧̡
͢
̧͞͏̛̕T͏̵H̵̢̛͟͠Į̵S̨͟͏͏̨ ̷͝ẂI̸͝͡L̴͜͜͡͡L̸̢̕͝ ̶͜͢͏͜N̶͡E͜V̶̵̀͘E͠͞R̴̡̢ ̡͠E̵̡N̵͏̨́͝D̶̶̀͢͠.̵͏͜͜

Delphinus
06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
'it' was 'it' no more
'it' is not, 'is' is not
tahira not 'is' no 'it' or 'is' for tahira
death is 'is', here 'is' is dead
that is 'is' is not
∄ ∃ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existential_quantification)

Regantor
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
"What do you want, prophet of paradise?" A voice rung true.

A great many voices rang true, several more in falsehood, and thousands yet in blind anguish and rage. Ismat's mind existed in this place like a two dimensional diagram, fulfilling all the possible outcomes that her psyche was capable of at the same time. Upon perceiving this herself, -upon looking into her own mind-, the links exploded and fractured rapidly with unstable, illogical thoughts and decisions both about to be and already made. Some of the lines simply ended, and within those all thoughts ceased. But there was one, yes, one that still rung true, surviving each split and continuing a upon a new lineage in turn.

"What do you want from me?" The striving reaction questioned, an unknowing clone or fragment that had chosen not to look upon itself as yet. "Why am I here?"

Before the sentence even finished, the ego split down the middle and became one that perceived itself and was destroyed, and one that did not, and thus survived as yet.

Kodos
06-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Y̷̢̨̛͠Ǫ̢̧̢U̧͝͏̧ ̡͟҉Á̸͝͡R̢͘E̶̸̢͘̕ ͢͝҉̶P̵͜R̵̵̛͞E̴͜͝M̷͜͟A͜҉Ţ̴̸̨U̵̶R̶̴Ę́͜͜͢,̕͠͝ ̵̧͢I̴̛͜҉̨S͜͟M̀͡҉A͏̴͟T́͠ ̨̀͝M̧̛Á̡͢͞͡K̷̨̕͜͞A̕͝À͢Ŕ͟͝͞I̸͜͠M̸͞.̧̛́
̶͡
̛I̵̛͝/́W̸̸̨͘E̷̴̵̵͡/̷̸̧҉҉Ì҉T̵̸̨ ̶̛̛͟À̛͡R̀͝E̵̷ ̸̡͢N͏͟͟O҉͘͞T͢͡ ͠͝Y̡̕Ȩ̛́͜T̡͞ ̷̷͜͜W̷̧̛̛H̷́Ǫ͟L̷̸͟E̷̢̡.͢͠
̡҉͟T͏̴́H̨͘͡E̵̛͏̛ ͠Ơ̵͜͜͞N̶̸̡͡E̷̢̢͘҉ ͘͜͠Ẁ̶͞H̡́͢Ǫ̶̛͟ ̷̀͠Į͟͠S͏̛ ̴̷̛́Ţ̸̷̶͜W̢̕Ờ
́́́͡W̢͟͜͠H͢Ò̡ ̡́͝A̷̡Ŕ̨͘͏̶E̷͜͠͠ ̛͡͝F͠҉̵͟I͏҉̸V͜͡͡E̵̕
Ẁ́͡͠H̛҉̸͏Ơ̢̧͘ ̵͢Ą̸͘R̷̵̸͘͞E̶̷̵ ̡҉͢M̵͘A̵̴͘͝N̵͡҉Ý̢̛͞
̵͜Į̕͟S̕͜͞͠ ̕͟͠͞͝S̵̨̡͜T̴̢͠I͡͏̡̡͟L̴͘͝L͏̵ ̴̸̨͟T̨̡̨͟͠W̡͜҉͝O̵̵͟.͏.

S̴̶͏̰͔̖̦̪̱̫̱͚̼̕Ơ̵̼̙̫͈̮̜̮͙̘̹̫͕̣̘͖͖̻̗͢O̧̡̞̳̗̕ͅͅN͏̬͝ ̦̲̼̟̞.̸̢̲̘̣̻̮͈͕̹̹̺̖͔̀

***

Tahira found herself in a vast and open stretch of sand. Everything seemed normal.
Except not.
It was off. Somehow. Something was off. It felt like a dream. Was she dreaming?

And there were people. Tahira couldn't make them out no matter how hard she tried. Maybe if she got closer? Yes. That would probably help. Get up close. Tap one on the shoulder. Yes.

Delphinus
06-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Tahira watched herself move towards the figures. She saw and felt herself moving from a distance. It was not the darkness so it was better. ∃∃again. She tried to touch one of the figures.

Kodos
06-08-2012, 10:54 AM
The figure's skin wasn't skin.
Wasn't skin at all.

It was slimy. Something slimy. And it sloughed off as soon as Tahira touched it, the entire person's body falling apart and unleashing the swarm of insects that were within the entire time.

Dark, swarming, things. They swarmed all over Tahira. Covered her from head to toe. She wanted to scream, but found she couldn't.

The Roar. It was back. Here. Now. Come for her. Again. At last.

The roar. It took her and killed her forever and ever and always.

Or it would have. But then everything stopped.

Because it was all a dream.

None of it was real.

Right?

***

Tahira found herself on the lower deck of the ship. Somehow. And she was fine.
Physically, at least.

The door to the hold was right in front of her. Well, to the side. No sign of the others.

Regantor
06-08-2012, 11:24 PM
"...Who... What... are you?... What did you mean, you are... 'the truth'?..." Some of the hydra personalities questioned. A handful collapsed during the effort, and another new handful was born from those that prevailed. The creature couldn't bring itself to consider any form of being any longer. There was no body, no mind, just a splintering mass of furiously self-destructive qualms. A neutron star formed of ideas in their rawest form. "...Soon?... What?..."

Kodos
06-09-2012, 03:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iXcS0.jpg
T̛H̡̧̛̕E͢͟ ̵̷͠Í̛͘͟͠Ņ̧҉̕͜E̡V̡I̧̨͡T̡̡̀͢Ą͠͠͠B̶̵͞҉L҉̸̸̕͠E̸̷͜͜͢ .͟͞

T͘͡H̴͏É͟͝ ̸̷̵C̸̕Y̨̢͞C̸̨͡͡͠L̕͘E̷̵̕͞͞ ̷̨͝C̢͝À̶̡̛͝N҉̴N̡҉̸́O̢͞T́͠͞ ̶̡B̶̶̡E̶̴͠ ̢͞͏̸͢B̢͟R̢̨̀ƠK̴̢̢E̢͜͠҉N̡̛͢.̸̴̧͟

T̨̛͈̯̯H̷̡̛̳̱̳͖̭̪͓̠͘͜Í̸̖̝͎̪̲͓̻̺͖̬̝͢S̨̳͇̜͉̗̰̬̯̕ͅ ͏̧͙͔̱̳̀W҉̶̣̼̫̯̝͔̹͎͢͞I̶̲̰̣̗̜̼͙͉͖͟͡L̡̨̮̟̩͢Ļ͖͖̖̗̭͠͞͝ ̱̫̰̱̜̼̩̘̭͓ ̷̛̭͖̜̀͢͡Ṇ̵̖͈͖̟̺̖͍͖͈́͢È̜̳̠͔̘͇̩͇̟̀͘͜ͅV̨͓͎̫̣͖͇̞͕͘͢ͅ ̳̠Ȩ̀͏̧͓̺̪̜̱̖̠̖̺̙̭͇̘̟R͏̨̳̹̥̪̫͇̹͉͓̺͍̣̰̠͍̲̙̫ ̢̛̰͖̩̹̫̱̞̟̦̹̼̩̱̦͈͉͍͠͝ͅÉ̸͙̬̪̘̥̝͖̘̳̭̩̻̯̣͝N̛͔̰̭̻͚̦̳̝ ̯D̯̦͉̥̣̙̖̙͉͘

***

Ismat found herself alone in a vast room. There were figures there with her, although she could not make them out.

The room was large. It went on forever. She could see the figures. They were writing. Writing things, on the walls, and the floors, and the ceiling. She could see them, writing.
Even though the room was forever.

She could make out neither the people nor the writing. But she knew it was important. And she knew the words. She always knew the words. But she could never face them. The Truth. Could never face the Truth.

And she was alone. Alone in the room, with the people. And It. It was with her. Always and forever.

Regantor
06-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Ismat's mind still condensed, split, consumed itself, evolved. She had hands again now. Were they her hands?

She gusted forward, ignorant of an ability to walk or the appendages involved. All was weightless. Without law.

"Stop it." Her voice was clean-cut and fierce, through she did not remember exactly how she became angry and why. It was impossible to think. Everything presented itself in the wrong order. "Stop it. You assholes. Stop writing.... I'll... kill you...."

zizi
06-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Ode came apart and together again and every bit of her screamed silence.

"WHY?"

Kodos
06-16-2012, 10:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NwB9B.jpg
Î̷̸̛͂̄͆ͥ̇̓͊͌͘͠ ̷̧ͯ̋̒̈́́ͭͦ͆̀͜A̴̶̧ͯ̉̋ͫ̀̈́͊̐̌͑̊̈́̈́̕M͋ͦ̊̍̉̾̓͗̏̅̽̆̅ͣ̒̓ͯ͊͝ ̴́̕͜ ̡̛̿ͣ̄͐̌͆̋̇ͬ̊̆ͭ̚̕T͌̋ͤ̑̎͛̑̄͌̕͠͡Ḩ̸̷͂ͥ̐̂͒͆Ȇ̌ͭ̋̄̂̇̓̚̚ ̨̄̿͆͂ͥ͠͏ ͯͮ̔͑̂̊̐̇̒̚͝͏͘T̛ͥ̅͛̂̌ͫͫͤ͌̌ͫ͊́ͫ̂̈͌̅͘͝͠E̍̈͗ͪ̃͛͒̈̈̋͂̆̽ ̵̛̔̾ͫ̽ͥ͡R͗̔ͭ̓̐͑͑̽̀͜R̴̛͒͒́̇̓͊̄̒̆ͭ́̃̇͠O̐̓ͧͫͬͭ̿͊ͫ̀ͤͪ̆ ̷̴̛̛̎͐ͪ͜R̸ͥ̂ͥ͑ͤ́ͩ͊̋͗̓ͯ͐̌̌̑̚ ̶̨ͫ͋ͣͥ̇̿ͨ̌̃̈́́ͣͨ͒̒̃̚͢͡T̢͆͒̄̀͒̇̄ͦͥͥͣ͜͝H̃͛͋̉̓ͨ́͌̏̊ͨ̃̓ ̸̴̵̀A̢̢̍̒ͥ̄͋ͦ̏̈̌̒͢T̛̒ͧ̀̓̃̿҉̵́͜ ̶̡ͬͧ̀̽ͣ̇̑̏͒̿͂̀́͘Ŝ̸̡̑ͩ͛ͧ̆ͨ͑̉̀̆̾͘͢͡T̡̡͂ͩ̎̾̚͝Ã̇̽̄ͥͪ ̸̡̽ͤ̈́̍̌͛͐̌ͨ̉͐͜L̷̵̽ͭ̿ͣ̎ͬͮͥ̈͐̃̊͝Kͧ̍̽̓̓̀̒̆̈́͂̏̓̐ͨ̒͐͐̇̚ ̨̕͏̵S̸̡̾ͪ̑̈́̄̚ ̧ͦ̃ͩ̏͌ͧ̉͟͞Ţ̆ͩ̎͊͆̂͟͞H̢̢ͩ̓̒͌̌ͦͨ́͠҉Eͯ̾͑͋̍͂̾ͦ͛͒͒ͪ͐ͧ̇ͦ ̐҉̶͝ ̶̡͌ͪ̉͛͘E̅ͮͩ̋̊͗ͦ̍ͮͮ͢͞͠N̡̓̈́̐́͌ͯ͗ͫͧ̌̚̕Dͯͨ̓̽͗̆̅̅́̚ ̴͘͏̀ ̔̊͒ͮ̇̈́̅̀̚͜͠O̢ͧ͛̋̿͂̐̋̀ͯͫ̔́̂͒́F̾̋̏͒̾ͯ͒̎͜͠ ͛̐̅̈́̓͋̆ͮͧ̾̾ͪͦ̋̚͢͞Ḑ̊ͨ̾̃ͤ̏ͪͤͩ͋͒͂̾ͭͨ́̀͢A͋ͮͯ̊̑͛ͤͦ͐̆̋́ ̷̧̧̢̽͗̀Y̢̧̏̿̆ͣ͐̀͊ͩͭ҉͡S̵ͮ̓ͫ͗̏ͦ̑͒́̚҉̶
I͘͠҉ ̸̵̨Ą͜͜͠M̢̡ ̛̀̕͟͠T̵̀͜H͏̡̨E̷͢ ̨̡͟͠͡Ş̛͠H̴͟͠A͝҉̶͞Ḑ͘Ớ́W̴̢̨͢ ̷̢T̸̴̀H̸̴̨̢͟A̶͢҉̵̨T̨̨͡҉ ̀̀͜L̴̵̨I҉͟͏F̨̨͘͟͞E͏҉͏ ̷̧̀̕C̀͜͡A̷͡S̨͏̧͞Ţ̛͜S҉́.͜
Į̶̨͞ ̷A̴̵̶͜M̴̧̢ ̴̸̡͜T̶Ḩ̶̛͘͞E͜͝ ̕͟͢Ţ̧R̀Ú̶͢͜͢T͡͏́H̡̀.̢͢

A̵̢̾́̈́̓̒ͮ͒̓̐̏ͨͭ̓̋ͣ́̀̀N̛̑̈͊ͧ̑̂͏D̛̑͌ͩ̌̋̅͋̿̒̍͛̎̑҉͟ ̶̸ͫ̎͒̐̀T̨͋̐͒̂͑ͨ͌͛̀͡͏̴̕H̢̿̔͛͋̔ͩ͐̇͘͞I͑̒ͪͬ͂̈́͋̐̐͋̏̈́͗̚̚ ̧ͫ̀̕͠S̢̡͗̈́̋ͤ́̽̿͐ͪ̉̉ͭ̽̽ͣ̚ ̌̓͗͒̊ͪͩ͐̋͌̓͛̅ͣ̈́͒͐̓̈̀͞W̧̃̆͑̿͆̒ͮ͋̽̎̉ͭ̄̔̏͑͏I̷͆͛̎͊̽́̕͢ ͏Ļ̓̉̊ͯ̃͠Lͮͯ͑͗̑̂ͤͤ͒̂̆̉͐̌̚͜͠ ̨̋͛̅̑̎͛͂̈́͐̃͐̆ͨͦ̑̿̒̒̽͏͘͏̛N̵̵ͬ̋ͯ͂ͤ͋̽̑͂̔ͣ̂ͮ̓̈́͊ͯ̉͞Ë́̈̂ ̷ͧ̓̍ͮ͂̊̉ͬ͑ͫͨ̓̅̂̃͊͏̀V͊ͣ̐̊̔͗̐͆̅͘͡E̴̢̢ͣ̀͛ͭ͑̊̒Rͥͪ̍ͭ̃͐͑ ̵̑ͩ͂̈͗̑ͯ̆ͮͫ ̨̡ͥ͑̾́̕̕E̷ͬ̉͒̎̓ͧ̀̒̔͒ͣ͊ͧͤͩ͘V̐̔̓̾ͤ̚͜͜͝E̅ͣͩͮ̃̏̅ͦ̎ͫ̈́́͝ R̸̵̡͊͊͆ͨ̓͋̿ͭ̔ͥ̆ͩ̾͛ͬ̇̚̕͝ ̢́̔͆̎̇̏̏̅̋̎͢͝͡Ê̶ͯ̒̂͌̇͒̔ͩ̒̀͒̆ͭͬͨ̆̄͆̀͟͡N̸̷͆ͩͥͧͯͤ̒̋ͥ ̡̡͝D̶̷̿͛ͫͤ͗͛̑̏̒̍̓̑̏ͯ̈́͛ͨͮ͝.̐ͥͣ̑ͥ̇̌ͥ̀͝͏̶̸̨

There was laughter and then It came for her. The Roar. It tore Ode apart and killed her a thousand, thousand, times.

L̡̔̂͛ͭͭͧ̊͆̎̿ͯ̾̌ͤ̋̇҉́͜O͛̿ͥͨͣͮ͘͏̛Ơ̧̿̋͊ͯ̒̿̌̈̑̑̈́̊̐́͞K ̐̋ͪ̃͂ͪ͠͞ ̵̢̧̧́̈͛͋̾ͤͫͮ͌͊͞A̴̽ͫ̿ͯ͒̓̓̍͋͋̒͛̚͝T̐̈́̓ͥͣ̈́͛̀͆ͭ͆ͦ̑͂̅ͥ̐̑ ̛̀ ̸͊ͧ͗͋̀̾̏̂͋ͤ͗͡M̨̨̛ͣ̔̒͋ͤ̆ͤ̕͜E̵ͫ͋͊͒̆͒̔̐̓͑̔ͥ̒͒̃

***

Ode found herself in a vast and endless desert.

There was no sun. No stars. Nothing. Just Ode and the desert. And It. Always and forever It was there with her.

And this would never end.

zizi
06-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Ode ran forward, seeing no point but unwilling to just stand. She ran and ran and didn't move at all.

Kodos
06-16-2012, 12:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sr1NI.jpg
There was the roar and then the sky ripped asunder and It reached down and grabbed Ode and tore her apart and killed her forever.

̴̵̢ͮ̈́̈ͧ̆ͧ̏ͯ̒̌̽ͪ̚͟ ̶̽̌ͪ̽̔̒́́͟͝ ͬ̎ͧͥ̎̎̏̓҉͟ ̧͛ͨ̅̈́͆͒ͭ̉͋̉̓ͦ̒͂͛̽̕̕S̶̛̉ͮͬ̓ͦ̌ͩ́̕Oͪ̑ͤ̉͋̇̃͂͑͛͂͒͂͜͟͞Oͣ ̶̧̒̊͋̌͂͊̂͑̎̓̍̅̌̉ͨͪ̚͢Ņ̌ͫ̈́͋̓̌̎ͪ͑̓ͦ̾̀̚̕ ̵ͩ̈̔͗̾̈̓͂̒ͪ̓ ̸̡̢̛ͭͨ̅̓͗̊ͪ̿̔ ̎̊͌̃̓ͫͮͨ̃̍͑̐̕͏͞ ͫͯ̓̂̀̊͐ͥ̊̌́̽ͯ͛̐͡ (http://i.imgur.com/PZZVR.jpg)

***

Ode found herself besides Tahira in the ship's lower deck, perfectly physically fine.

zizi
06-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Ode stared at Tahira, then moved fluidly and grabbed the girl bodily, hands stroking her face and hair. "But are you real?" Ode asked. "Which is the dream?"

She dropped Tahira and paced around the room. Eventually she slowed, seeming calmer. She touched her fingers to her lips, eyes and forehead. "Who Knows," she mused, "now that She is dead?" She shuddered at her own question, then snapped her gaze to Tahira once more.

"Did you get it?" she demanded, "The monolith?"

Kodos
06-18-2012, 05:52 AM
The people paid no attention to Ismats protests and continued writing forever.

Yw͟aq m҉aq ̢o͞o͜u;̕ ỳẁa͠q ma̢q ̶s̢sąggh̨. ̕Y̧w̕a͠q ͟ma sh͝g̢'́f̛h̀n͢.
H̥̘̻͝ą̵͓̦ͅs̘͇̟̕͡͠ţ͙͍̗̯̤u̸̬̺͍̲͈͚ͅr̵̩̮ m͜a̸ ҉phg̕wa'͡cul̸ ̶h̵n͜akf.
N̨̏͜y͂ͨͬ͝a̓̽̃̕͢͟r̈́ͥ́͗͂ļ̛̊̅ͤ͢a͗̓҉t̨̡͗̏ͤ̈́̆̀̚h̓ͤͬ̍̎҉ ҉ŏ̵̧̋ͣͩͬ̈́̇͊̋̀tͪ͟e̎̓pͦͪ͑ͬ҉҉ pu̧ul̸ sk̶s͏hģn̡:̵ ͞o̧n͞'̸ma ̡yeh̨'̸g̷l̵u ͝zuq.
T̾ͬ̋ͣ̍͏̲̹̟̲̞̼h̢̧̪̠̹̗̲̬̤̠̮̓͗͞o̺͇̬ͧo͕̞̬̳̰̻͕ͫ̉ͩ͋ͅn̏ͣ̔ ̬ͦ̈ͯ̀͗̾͝ wg̷a͟h'̡n̶agl͞ ̀fh͘t̕a̧gn͘.̴

Superdooperphailmachine
06-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Anass jerked his hand away from the Red/White Queens.
"Where is Away? Why am I here?"

Kodos
06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
The White and/or Red Queen looked confused. Well, confused for Anass. "You are here because the much longer list of places you are not does not include this place, which is here. Which is where you are. Here. Here is where you are." She smiled, her voice going sing-song. "Wherever you are, there you are." She gave him a big smile.
"Away is all the places that are not here, silly. You're an odd one, aren't you?" Anass was suddenly aware that at some point during the conversation his crossbow had turned into a fish which had just melted in his hand.

"You're not like the Many-Angled Ones, are you? You can only be in one place at once. Much neater that way. Less wondering where you are, I'd imagine." The table proceeded to fade away into nothingness.

"Why are you holding a fish?" She laughed. "You're weird!"

Superdooperphailmachine
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
"I am holding a fish because there is a fish in my hand and I am gripping it!" Anass' grip was practically crushing the fish.
"What are the many angled ones? And don't just tell me they are Ones with many angles"

Kodos
06-19-2012, 08:34 PM
"They are! How did you know! You're so smart, Anass!" The White and/or Red Queen gasped happily and clapped her hands.

"Oh, come on! You know the Many-Angled Ones! They're horrid! As bad as the Uvuudaums and the Lloigor! A little worse than the Vastness, I think. Not as bad as the Elder Gods, of course. Or the One Who Is Two Who Are Many. Nothing as bad as that. Nothing at all. Nothing as bad. Real bad. Bad as it gets." She got deadly serious. "And It will never end."

Superdooperphailmachine
06-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Anass really wanted to hit her, But that wouldn't do him any good.
"I am very tired, Could you send me home?"

Kodos
06-19-2012, 08:48 PM
She looked confused. "Home? You came here."

Superdooperphailmachine
06-19-2012, 08:48 PM
"This is your house isn't it?"

Kodos
06-19-2012, 09:03 PM
"Well, I am here. And this is a house. I think. But you are here too. Is it your house? But you're my guest, so I guess it must be my house, right?" She looked confused.

"Oh! Hello, Anass! When did you get here?"

Superdooperphailmachine
06-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Anass couldn't even begin to imagine what was going on. He brought his fish to his mouth and took a bite.
"Oh! Hello Red Queen! When did you get here?"

Kodos
06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
The White and/or Red Queen smiled. "I'm always here, silly! I live here, now. And It wont let me leave. Never, ever. I'm here. Forever. Forever and always. And I can't die. Won't die. Won't let me. It. It won't let me die. This is forever." Her voice was totally monotone now.

"Not for you though." Back to normal. "You can still leave. Not that it matters. All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again. And again. Forever. The cycle cannot be broken, you know. Nothing ever really ends. There is only and always, forever and ever, the hurt and loneliness, the pain and the sorrow, the anguish and the despair. It is the Truth, and It is inevitable."

Superdooperphailmachine
06-19-2012, 09:18 PM
"What won't let you leave?"

Kodos
06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
"You know."

And he did. But he didn't, of course. Couldn't know. Not really. To know would be to die. That he knew. And he knew she was right. In his heart, he knew it. It was inevitable. It was the way the world ended. Never ended. Always and forever the hurt.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-19-2012, 09:33 PM
"Well I'm going home now." Anass threw his fish where the table should have been and stood up, behind him was a door, He didn't know there was a door behind him until now. Anass opened the door and hoped it would take him home.

Kodos
06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Anass opened the door and fell through forever.

He fell forever, through forever, alone in the endless void.
Alone with It (http://i.imgur.com/RHdG3.jpg).
And It saw him.

***

Anass landed with a thud next to Ode and Tahira. Still no sign of Ismat.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-19-2012, 09:48 PM
The moment Anass realised where he was he shot up the stairs.
Maybe they'd work this time.

Regantor
06-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Ismat screamed and thrashed, scratching at the air around her with intense fury and frustration. She didn't feel so much submerged, as part of the water itself. Translucent, transparent. An amoeba within the belly of a god.

Blind anger was the only thing unique, wholly apart. She ran, but could not bring herself to trust her eyes or feet. She shrieked and hollered, but could not determine whither the sound was real or purely within her own mind.

Still, the shriveled things wrote. If nothing more, she despised their complacency.

Without thinking, her hands grasped one of them around the shoulders and shook it violently. Her mouth gibbered uncontrollably, but her tone suggested she still expected it to understand. Ismat was incomprehensible to herself, but it would understand, for certain.

zizi
06-20-2012, 01:54 AM
"An-" Ode began, but the thug ran past her and up the stairs. She rolled her eyes and followed him at a far more dignified pace.

Kodos
06-20-2012, 02:24 AM
The creature melted into nothingness. Then the room did. Then everything did. Including Ismat.
Especially Ismat.

Ismat was alone, forever, in nothingness. Alone forever with It.

***

Ismat found herself in the hold deck of the ship along with the others, just in time to see Anass reach the top of the stairs.

Just in time to hear the roar.

The whole ship began to shake violently. Blood started streaming down from the spaces between the wooden planks of the hull.
Large, jet-black, jagged outcroppings of... something began jutting forth from the walls, floor, and ceiling. Nearly skewering Ismat and Tahira before they could move out of the way. They obscured the way up, as well, just before Anass could go up to the middle deck.

But not before he could see it.

It was pure nightmare. It was roughly ten feet tall, its skin a shifting greenish hue with strange patterns dancing across it. Muscular and vaguely humanoid, the hunched thing had two large dragon-like wings, and a head that resembled a cephalopod, terminating in a mass of tentacles that Anass could not count no matter how hard he tried.
And it saw him. Saw right through him. Saw all of them. Saw right into them. So naked before it.

***

There was nowhere to go now but the hold.

zizi
06-20-2012, 02:43 AM
Ode tried to scream but all that dribbled from her lips was a strangled gasp. She stumbled backwards, all her grace gone, then turned and ran. Ran from the thing that Saw them.

As she ran past Ismat and Tahira she gabbled and pointed, reaching out to grab them but not daring to slow down.

Instead she ran past them, on toward the hold.

Regantor
06-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Ismat was noiseless, working on the assumption that she was still as yet within some form of illusion. Or earnestly forcing herself to believe that, at least, desperate to form some sort of mental crutch.

Still, she rapidly scuttled after Ode due to simple provocation. She couldn't quite remember how her feet worked, but the sight of another human being was as good a bait as any.

The unspeakable horror behind them hastily gained new horrendous weight as memories and emotions flooded back into an empty mind.

She wished they hadn't.

Delphinus
06-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Tahira's face was twisted with mental agony. She clutched her head as if to try and shake something out, shake out the wrongness of it. This wasn't happening. It was impossible, the darkness was a mad and fevered dream.

No. The end was real. It was more real than anything.

She walked calmly towards the hold, her mind blank and her face expressionless.

Kodos
06-20-2012, 07:45 AM
The party entered the hold and found themselves in the open desert, no sign of the ship in sight.

The sands stretched out before them. It was night, but they could see fairly well due to the sickly green glow of the stars and sky above.
And the stars were off. The constellations - they were wrong. They were all wrong.
The stars were wrong.

In the distance, on the sands, surrounded by a ring of bones and clumps of meat and flesh was the monolith looking exactly as Viktor had described it.
Between the monolith and the party were two long lines of prostrated figures, heads bowed to the sand in deference to the black slab. They resembled humans, and may once have been, but their bodies lacked flesh, bare muscle, dripping with blood, exposed to the scouring winds and sands as they paid homage to the monolith.

The party could feel It. In their heads. It was there. Scratcing and clawing and screaming and roaring to get in. To get in? To get out?

Regantor
06-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Ismat made a low growl like a hungry dog, stabbing a wide-eyed look at the monolith with a frenzied air. She didn't blink, just panted, periodically, cautiously, animalistically. Her head twitched and her horn-rings jangled.

The black rock, it was the answer. It could either end the nightmares and prove her disjointed memories correct, or do nothing and legitimize the world madness around her.

Suddenly, she moved like a bolt, scrabbling towards it on all fours. Starving for answers.

The goatish thing grasped it and heaved it upwards from the dirt.

Kodos
06-22-2012, 01:36 PM
As Ismat grasped the monolith in her hands she found it lighter than it ought to be, as Viktor said, and as he also said, cold to the touch.

What he did not mention was the terrible roar it made in her mind as she touched it.

***

The moment Ismat lifted the monolith, everything went dark for an instant before the party found themselves in the ship's hold, where they should have been. It was a mess, and there was a ring of garbage where the monolith had been, but otherwise it seemed normal. Everything seemed normal again. Was it - was it all a hallucination? Some kind of illusion? A dream?

Delphinus
06-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Tahira stared at the wall without moving. Her breathing was soft, but came through her mouth rather than her nose. She didn't move, or speak, or make any response. There wasn't a single sign to show she'd recognised anything had changed after they'd entered the hold or after Ismat had seized the monolith; she had been indifferent for the past few minutes, and was indifferent still.

Clearly something was wrong.

Regantor
06-23-2012, 12:29 AM
"It's over."

Ismat continued staring into the void-colored slab before her, holding it at arms length and not daring to blink. Her breath continued to cycle frantically for several moments. Wild, thin vapor clouds escaped from her frantically heaving infernal lungs.

"It's over. It was a trap. It's over." The voice was exstatic, on the verge of maniacal laughter, but still far too wild and slurred for it's own good. There was just something disjointed and unhinged, hearing the diminutive teifling's voice without an element of self control or subtle vagary. "It's over. It's over. It's over. Don't go crazy, geeze. It's over, geeze. Stupid shortass sloppy useless slimeheap, it's over."

A sudden burst of movement. She ripped off a lower fragment of her dress' outer skirting and covered the thing up swiftly, then continued to stand there and hold it out like some kind of gift-wrapped present.

"It's over. Don't just stand there like a clout-headed loaf, Tahira." She remarked, through still not breaking eye contacting with her little parcel. "It's over. -It's over-. What... What the hell is wrong with you? Can't you see it was all I trick and it's over? So... So obvious!..."

The tone was still off. As if she was so fervently trying to defend this self-stated truth, that any other option was like a major personal insult. The kind of thing you'd slash someone up for at the drop of a coin.

A grating chuckle escaped her lips, soon followed by a rebounding, high-pitched laugh. She couldn't stop herself. It continued right on shreikingly until her lungs ran out of air, and her failing knees forced her to crouch down onto the filthy decking. Through her eye contact had broken, and her arms shaking with fatigue, still did she hoist the box as far away from her body as possible, in exclusion of all else.

It was getting hard to tell if that incessant laughing was not really sobbing after all.

Delphinus
06-23-2012, 07:59 AM
"It's okay," said Tahira in a quiet monotone. She was staring at the wall, and didn't look at Ismat until the tiefling started cackling.
"What are you doing?" she said in the same detached voice, looking at where Ismat's face had been.
"You're too upset to have that thing. Give it to me."
She knelt down and gazed at Ismat, and slowly extended an open palm.
"Give it to me."

Regantor
06-23-2012, 07:06 PM
"...It's... ha... It's not the way of things at all... They just don't work like that... hua... ha... You should at least... half... get that... he...haha... ha..." Ismat responded, softly, her laughter a pained whisper of what it was. She refused to look up. Her hands writhed with fatigue, probably not willing to defend the unholy object, just too terrified to move or jostle it any further. "It was a children's trick and it's over, n-nothing special... Don't be such a coward, Tahira... It's... ha... It's... a stupid rock..."

Delphinus
06-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Tahira leaned in towards Ismat and tried to pull the monolith out of the tiefling's grasp.
"We are fine, Ismat. You are right. It was just a dream. So give it to me."