PDA

View Full Version : Fish or get out

Ozzaharwood
05-16-2011, 04:57 PM
I just realized we almost never talk about fishing on this site, and I love fishing. Post your biggest catches and your pictures to go with them.

I have pictures, but I refuse to show you guys my hair when it's been windblown for 4 hours.

Smallmouth Bass Record: 7 1/2 Pounds
Largemouth Bass Record: 6 Pounds
Northern Pike: 15 pounds
Biggest fish caught: Red Snapper - 55 Pounds

If you live in Florida GTFO with your 15 pound Bass.

Hayashida
05-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I only fish occasionally. I haven't caught any huge fish. It's harder to catch a big strong fish when you've removed the barbs on the hooks.

Byakuran
05-16-2011, 05:44 PM
I only fish, when i eat it ....

You ask other people to post pictures, but refuse yourself... hmmmmm...
But i have fished before the biggest thing ive got was a water salamander of like credit-card size? it was like orange..
And i fished it like with a bucket and a rope... when i was like 7...

pajamajam
05-16-2011, 06:55 PM
I go fishing sometimes, but I never measure or weigh anything I catch. I think the biggest thing I've nabbed was a bass about as long as my forearm, so I guess about 12 inches? Fishing to me is just something to do while camping when you're tired from everything else and it's too early to build a fire.

I freaking love crappie, and I wish it was sold in stores so I didn't have to (make someone else) work so I can eat it.

Bya, did you eat the salamander?

Kodos
05-16-2011, 08:06 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-frogout.gif

Byakuran
05-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Noo a bird di :( me and my friend did it in a tank and bam a rijger (big bird) comes and grabs is and flies away it was so... Weird

Rio
05-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I mostly fished freshwater (haven't gone fishing in awhile) and like pajamajam, I don't really measure anything. I have mostly caught sunnies so whatever their average size is - that's what I've caught. I'd like to try deep water fishing but if I did that, I think I would be more comfortable if the rod was attached to the boat. I have this feeling that the rod will fly out of my hands since I'm not the strongest person out there. <_<'

Ozzaharwood
05-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Lmao, Rio it's a lot easier than it looks. I've mostly only fished fresh water as well, but we are mostly sport fishers so we only go for the big fish. Although, sunfish and crappie are probably the best fish to catch because they taste so damn good. Deep sea fishing isn't very hard at all btw, when a big fish hits (unless it's a marlin), you will only feel a tug and doesn't nearly pull hard enough to pull it out of your hands. (Also, most ocean boats have rod holders so that won't happen) The part that is hard is bringing it in, because if it's a big fish and it starts running, you are going to have to constantly pull up and reel and after pulling a 50 pound fish for a couple hours it turns your arms to jelly.

Rio
05-18-2011, 11:18 AM
lol Well, that's good to know! Maybe I won't be as reluctant if I ever get the chance to do it. :D

GunZet
05-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I went fishing a few times. Caught seaweed.
The last time I went fishing, I caught trees.
I suck.

Byakuran
05-18-2011, 06:01 PM
No man you're good :)
, no one fish's for fish... thats absurd... i'm fishing for the buried treasure of the Flying Dutchman, people say he left the treasue where he came from.... the Dutch....

Sylux
05-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Got a nice upwelling today out in the James River today 'cause of all that heavy cold rain from up north. Pushed all the fish downstream a bit right into our spot.

Evil_Cake
05-18-2011, 07:22 PM
idk if u want to catch them man i pissed in there earlier

Sylux
05-18-2011, 07:24 PM
It's okay dude we're having sausages for dinner tonight

Evil_Cake
05-18-2011, 07:33 PM
oic then its no problem

Byakuran
05-18-2011, 09:08 PM
idk if u want to catch them man i pissed in there earlier

This reminds me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49MajGrbRzQ

Also related to the topic, this guy of middle school who used to fish and who was like popular once caught a like snoek out of nowhere :o

blufox4900
05-19-2011, 03:02 PM
If you live in Florida GTFO with your 15 pound Bass.

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/e/e6/Okay_guy.jpg