PDA

View Full Version : plzz read i need help

weez18
05-08-2011, 11:36 PM
ok i know this might sound stupid but what and where would i look for supplies for drawing manga. like what is the best brand and what should i b looking for to color and shade in manga

thx it would b a ton of help if anyone knows

ClockHand
05-08-2011, 11:42 PM
go to a art supplies store.

To do a comic, you will need: pen, paper, rule, and edit image softwares.

weez18
05-08-2011, 11:44 PM
i kinda figured on going to an art store but i live in the middle of nowhere lol so if u have any internet store suggestions that would b great (:

ClockHand
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM
http://www.dickblick.com/

You might live in the middle of nowhere, but you have google.

Hayashida
05-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Man this totally does not belong here. Moving this to DnT

weez18
05-09-2011, 12:05 AM
http://www.dickblick.com/

You might live in the middle of nowhere, but you have google. ok this might sound stupid but i went there and i still have no idea as to what to look for

erikamae
05-09-2011, 09:38 AM
It would help you a lot to do your own research. You've got a wealth of information that's easily accessible with the help of a few searches.

and he did state earlier, pen, paper, ruler, and an editing software. I suggest you try and learn some things on your own, maybe you can google your question, here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lbQ&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=tools+needed+for+creating+a+manga&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

In fact this forums main website is the first entry. Good luck!

Rio
05-09-2011, 09:39 AM
The most basic of basics drawing tools you need are paper, pencil, and eraser. You can find that anywhere from your local grocery store, office store, and heck, I think your gas station may even have them! You don't need anything else. If you want a graphic software and don't have money to spare, just get GIMP (http://www.gimp.org).

apples13
05-09-2011, 04:44 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=art+supplies

faharou-tido
05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
you can visit this website it very popular for manga supllies: http://deleter-mangashop.com/index_en_usd.html
if you just want to draw anything and just for your on purpose i will recommend you a paper, a pencil, a black pen.

weez18
05-09-2011, 05:21 PM
ok jus wondering what is better prisma, copic or micron.. wich one is a better brand and will last longer ...?

The_shaman
05-10-2011, 11:47 AM
i kinda figured on going to an art store but i live in the middle of nowhere lol so if u have any internet store suggestions that would b great (:

binders
utreck
micheals
pearls

they all have online shopping, and if you are new to this you shouldn't be worrying about thigs like the best.

ram
06-02-2011, 10:44 AM
weeeez... i can't believe you post here... you probably read the book i recommend you... but i don't follow everything on that book especially the drawing materials.. heck i can't even buy my own tablet..

but software is enough to create the perfect colored drawing or manga....

i just do rough sketch which i do on paper and scan it... use pen tool and line it in Photoshop..
color or tone it i use Photoshop as well... you can just ask me how i do it and comment on me... lol

even if you live in an advance city you can't just go outside and just buy a tone in bookstores you know.. =_=.. unless you live in Japan

Scarletlight
06-04-2011, 08:51 AM
ok jus wondering what is better prisma, copic or micron.. wich one is a better brand and will last longer ...?

There all awful expensive to be honest, but worth the money. I love my Prismacolours because they have thick and fine ends to them and the colours are reallly bold! You can get huge sets with just about every colour in them, I have a set of 26 different colours for example.
I think they last a really long time if your using them properly and not just to colour your random sketches.
Alot of people say copics are better though, but there even more expensive (especially in england as you have to have them delivered from america) so depends on your budget

Bacon_Barbarian
06-04-2011, 10:43 AM
None. You dont really need Marker for manga, as they're black and white. I'd go with Prismacolor though, as their cheaper then Copics and are still pretty damn nice.

I'd also suggest you check out BLAMBOT (http://www.blambot.com/) for lettering and Google Sketchup (http://sketchup.google.com/) for BGs and such.

Fenn
06-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Kneadable erasers can also help. Just my suggestion.

ram
06-06-2011, 06:55 AM
i kinda figured on going to an art store but i live in the middle of nowhere lol (:

are you courage the cowardly dog? xD

Scarletlight
06-06-2011, 04:46 PM
are you courage the cowardly dog? xD
haha! its possible!

Inking tools are important with Manga now that I think of it. Depending on what you prefer you might want :
An inking program on your computer such as Paint Tool Sai or something.
Quality black ink pens. Fountain or otherwise.
An ink nib with a bottle of ink.

You wouldn't need all of them I dont think, just one would suffice.

weez18
06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
lol i dont really like using software to color in drawings its kinda complicted n annoying X((..

Rio
06-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Maybe it's annoying because you have to just get used to it? ;D

weez18
06-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Maybe it's annoying because you have to just get used to it? ;D
haha yea.. (("

ram
06-09-2011, 07:23 PM
actually there is something i really want to get now a days... >.< but they just don't sell it anywhere..
non wood paper,,, if they just sell it in book stores anywhere then i would probably do my drawings not digitally as well...

weez18
06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
non wood paper..? y

ram
06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
well it's a type of paper that wont get messy even if you erase so many...
I have a problem when erasing so much that the paper don't look nice anymore that i end up throwing it away...
but i herd it's so expensive... >.<.. it should be in the book i gave you
(if you just take the time to read it =_=)

Rio
06-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Well, I was in Yellowstone last month and they had "paper" made out of bison dung. Maybe you can use that. :D

Your problem sounds like you either a) press too hard on the paper so it leaves marks on it or grooves or b) the pencil is too soft and it smudges too much. The solution to b is to get a harder graded pencil. Regular pencils are HB which are neither too hard or too soft. If you can get your hands on some pencils that are H-graded, then you may solve your problem. The higher the number, the harder the pencil lead.

weez18
06-09-2011, 09:20 PM
@ramiel the book u gave me was in japanese or something XD

@rio what HB pencil would u recommend for sketching..?

Rio
06-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Personally, I like the regular #2 (HB) pencil but going one way or the other has it's perks. For example, softer pencils (B pencils) can create nice shading if you're doing pencil work. H pencils, on the other hand, are less likely to leave smudges since they're harder (but they tend to leave grooves on the paper). Which on do you prefer? If you like smudging your work, then use B. If you prefer cleaner work, use H pencils. Depending on the result I'm going for, I may use one over the other otherwise regular pencils are right in the middle for general doodles and sketching.

weez18
06-09-2011, 10:42 PM
i usually use a 0.5 lead pencil but i really dont like it..n i use it to shade sometimes but i dont really like the way it comes out either lol..i like clean work n i also like to shade but idk i cant do it right or i just need to get better at shadig >.<

ram
06-10-2011, 06:11 AM
the book u gave me was in japanese or something

i gave you two books...
the other one is japanese so you asked if there is an english...
so i gave you another... do you remember now?

@ Rio
it's actually A lol... I have that problem of gripping the pen so tight and so strong to crush the paper... specially when i know that I'm not doing the drawing right... It's like me and my pencil against the paper a battle of life and death

Rio
06-10-2011, 11:05 AM
@ Rio
it's actually A lol... I have that problem of gripping the pen so tight and so strong to crush the paper... specially when i know that I'm not doing the drawing right... It's like me and my pencil against the paper a battle of life and deathlol Yeah, I used to draw like that as well. You'll have to learn how to loosen up. It's hard at first but with a little practice you'll save yourself the trouble of ripping through paper (yeah, I've done that! xD).

weez18
06-10-2011, 10:19 PM
i gave you two books...
the other one is japanese so you asked if there is an english...
so i gave you another... do you remember now?

o yeaaa i remeber tht file went corrupt for some reason maybe i downloaded it wrong ..

ram
06-11-2011, 11:04 AM
no it isn't >.< just try it again... >.<

Well, I was in Yellowstone last month and they had "paper" made out of bison dung. Maybe you can use that. :D

i didn't pay attention to this before

i thought you were seriously recommending that... >.< i just recently goggled it just to know... lol it's a paper made out of poo.. i wonder what that paper feels like..

weez18
06-11-2011, 02:35 PM
feels like..? i wonder what it smells like X)

Rio
06-11-2011, 08:47 PM
@ ramiel
lol I didn't touch it so I wouldn't know but...

@ weez
AFAIK, it didn't smell like anything. At least it didn't stink up the store. xD

weez18
06-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Lol ^^

Fenn
06-12-2011, 12:01 AM
What just happened to this thread?

ram
06-12-2011, 12:23 AM
>.< well it's main topic is drawing material so i guess were not going off the topic >.<

weez18
06-12-2011, 01:19 AM
What just happened to this thread?

and exactly why is tht u had to post this..?