PDA

View Full Version : Red Faction: Arrmagedon

Fenn
05-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Demo is out. Ridiculous fun, incredible physics, creative guns.

Basically, sticking a magnet to a generator, then the other pole to an enemy, and watching the generator hurtle towards said enemy is unreal.

Arashi500
05-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Damnit, with all the awesomeness as of late I won't be able to have enough time to do everything. great news BTW. The only thing I have against this game is that they're taking away the free-roam aspect of Red faction Guerilla.

Ozzaharwood
05-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I played Red Faction: Guerilla and loved it, so I'll probably get this too. Even if they take out free roam, the physics and overall environment destructibility make it worth getting.

Arashi500
05-09-2011, 10:10 PM
There wasn't a lot of demolition examples in the demo, which is only 10 minutes long btw, so no comment of it, but the magnet gun and the singularity gun are pretty awesome.

Fenn
05-10-2011, 09:26 AM
There wasn't a lot of demolition examples in the demo, which is only 10 minutes long btw, so no comment of it, but the magnet gun and the singularity gun are pretty awesome.

Agreed. Reading up online the response has been quite negative. I can see how they feel; demolition is secondary in this game, rather than the focus of RF:G. Plus fighting the aliens was a pain, and much less satisfying then the EDF gunfights.

But the Magnet gun and 4p co-op might make it worth it.

Arashi500
05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
I just hope the competetive multiplayer has the kind of large scale, destruction heavy maps from RF:G. All the demo really made me do was wish I was playing RF:G.

Fenn
05-11-2011, 09:58 PM
I just hope the competetive multiplayer has the kind of large scale, destruction heavy maps from RF:G. All the demo really made me do was wish I was playing RF:G.

No competitive multiplayer :(

4p co-op though.

jubeh
05-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Wait are you being serious because the multiplayer was the best part about geurilla.

Arashi500
05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I doubt I'll even rent this now.

Fenn
05-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Wait are you being serious because the multiplayer was the best part about geurilla.

Completely. And I totaly agree; to this day I can't fathom why the servers for that game aren't still flooded. Super-balanced, super fun weapons, and the ability to drop a house on enemies.

All gone in favor of aliens and caves...