PDA

View Full Version : Mr D's art

Mr_D
04-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi all, I decided to post some concept characters for my manga. I'd like to know which ones I should scrap or change, or how I can improve my lineart maybe. I'd really appreciate it! Some tips to have the characters look more like their personality would be useful too ^^

Here's some info:
1 pretty important character in the story. Name: Elena Personality: very quiet but very powerful too. I decided to use dark clothing, but maybe I'll scrap/change the swords. They look so plain atm
2 I might add this girl to the story. She's kinda a sweet looking killing machine, but I don't know what clothes she should wear
3 (she can change her shape, like with the blades)
4 Important character. Name: Ellen. Personality: friendly, searches affection and likes to talk, curious. Ellen and Elena are twins, so I gave them some specific eyes for them
5 main character, I don't really like the outfit, but it's the best up to now. I'll probably redo his design unless a lot of people like it. He's friendly, kinda the average good guy. I want a manga
6 when Ellen (4) transforms extremely far. I'm pretty pleased with the result. Maybe I should add more waist. She's 'made' the big thing out of her own body
7 when Elena (1) transforms
8 Another stage in which Ellen transforms
9 10 11 don't really know about these. I might make them the enemies in the story, but that needs more thought.
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8788/lineartstuffbymrdaedalu.jpg
Larger view: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/119/6/d/lineart_stuff_by_mrdaedalus-d3f6rtl.jpg

Celestial-Fox
04-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Can I marry your sketching style?

Mr_D
05-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Sure, it's still single ^^

Nerdonoff
05-01-2011, 01:55 PM
wow, I've seen your youtube channel and deviantart too and you've really got great skills, especially in coloring... and I saw how you were drawing 3 years ago...there's a lot of improvement in your latest drawings :P and there's room for more XD so keep them coming

off topicl: if you're a fan of naruto, bleach and you like to watch amvs, check out my channel: youtube.com/insomniacVID

Mr_D
05-02-2011, 04:41 AM
Hey thanks! :D I check out your channel right now ^^

GunZet
05-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Great stuff man, loving the clean lines and detail. It's like crazy and organic lol. Reminds me of Prototype a bit.

Mr_D
06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Kodo's character Hevisa, now kinda fed up with looking at all those skulls lol. I tried to make it less realistic lol, I failed... I want to develop a manga-ish style that's faster to draw D:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/157/3/1/succubus_hevisa_by_mrdaedalus-d3i8im3.jpg

Kodos
06-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Whoa you finished and
holy fuck words fail @_@

Outcast
06-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Damn. That's fucking fantastic!

Cloudy
06-07-2011, 01:28 AM
MR D <3333 glad to see you started your thread, loving ur art man :3

THOSE SKULLS WHAAAAAAT (would never attempt that) I would say for a simpler style just shading in the skulls in the background to make it faster like sketching it in but not as much detail as towards the front, the sketch at the top is too small resize please <3 yes yes.

Cloudy ^^

CypressDahlia
06-07-2011, 03:21 AM
It has its share of anatomy issues, but I remember you drew this rather small on the GB and they weren't really apparent until it got blown up. The biceps are rather short and the hip would be disjointed if you follow the curve of the thigh into the blood. But damn, that is one hell of a skintone. Very nicely blended.

Mr_D
06-07-2011, 07:12 AM
@Kodos: hahah, glad you like ^^
@Outcast: Thanks :D
@Cloudy-chan: Thank you xD and I put a link to bigger image under the sketch ^^
@CypressDahlia: Thanks a lot, I should've done the leg a bit different yeah, it was also pretty tricky to draw with the blood around it xD