PDA

View Full Version : BlazBlue Continiuum Shift II

Ozzaharwood
04-22-2011, 12:32 AM
I just got this (Jap version) and it's p. freaking amazing so far. Anyone getting it/want it/need it/hate it?

Hayashida
04-22-2011, 12:34 AM
My brother and I went halfsies on it a while ago. I don't play it much though.
edit: whoops nvm I thought this was for CS1. I don't have 2.

jubeh
04-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Hate it but I don't really feel like talking about it. I really hate hit-stun decay, even in marvel.

Ozzaharwood
04-22-2011, 12:55 AM
It'd be a lot better if I could understand it... Mannnn.

jubeh
04-22-2011, 12:56 AM
No it wouldnt the story is really insulting

Hayashida
04-22-2011, 01:19 AM
all the stories in blazblue are just terrible.

Lucy
04-23-2011, 06:18 AM
I liek BlazBlue. I liek BlazBlue a lot, it's an absolute blast to play. I am bad at it though, I'm pretty good at the tricking my opponent into screwing up so I can lay into them part but I have a lot of trouble with combos so I get murdered by people.

Storyline complaints topic yayyyy: ArcSys were trying to make something in depth and intriguing but all we get is a nigh-incomprehensible web of deus ex machina under what looks like typical low-grade anime stereotypes. Also, in CS Kokonoe has a hangar full of nuclear fucking warheads, but naw it's alright we'll just ignore that part. I got pretty pissed with how everybody loses to Hazama at the end of their path (except the true end obvs) even when you beat him fair and square, too.

CypressDahlia
04-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Looks like it suffers from a bad case of L4D2: ie. It should've been an expansion instead of a completely new game. Hell, they never even released Platinum Trinity for CS which sucks extra for 360 players as we had to wait an extra 3 months or so for Valkenhayn.

I mean, the difference between CT and CS1 was narrow but this looks even worse. ._. Hopefully they didn't do Tager too much of a disservice this time around.

And Jubeh, hitstun decay is what keeps characters w/ either 1.) amazing damage or 2.) amazing hitboxes from being broken as hell. Imagine Ragna (who has both of those) without hitstun decay...brrr~

jubeh
04-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I know what hitstun decay is for but maybe you don't remember this neat little game called guilty gear that was fine without it. Or you know like every other game ever. In blazblue I always felt like I was being punished for trying to be creative.

CypressDahlia
04-23-2011, 06:16 PM
BlazBlue would be broken without it. Too many characters have easy 80-100% loops. The only reason it worked for other games is because they were built around the lack of hitstun deterioration. The hitboxes in this game are just too insane. Imagine how "creative" Ragna and Litchi players can get. It would really emphasize how OP their movesets are.

jubeh
04-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Yeah man Im saying that hitstun decay in general is lame. If they had designed the game without it I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more. Now I have to make a mental note during a combo to drop it so the game doesn't punish me for doing crazy shit. And even with I can get stuck in a combo for like 6 years and just hope they're stupid enough to try to throw me or something so I can escape.