PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Hayashida
04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
So, what are your pet peeves, people.

Mine are this: I have a peeve of people named James Harrison. Another one is when people want me to make threads for them.

Hey! Make note: This thread is not the complain thread. I don't want you in here complaining about how you have a pet peeve of your girlfriend just breaking up with you! That's not right.

jubeh
04-21-2011, 11:53 PM
It really grinds my gears how people misuse the away status on messengers. Like if my msn says I'm away, it's because I'm actually away so don't get pissed if I don't respond. I also hate those buttheads that are always away for no good reason. It's always something like, "oh there's somebody I don't want to talk to so I pretend to be away but I'm too socially retarded to talk to them like an adult and I don't want them to find out that I blocked them because then I would be forced into an awkward confrontation and also I smell like a butt."

Evil_Cake
04-21-2011, 11:58 PM
when someones smacking their lips while eating i want to smack them

jubeh
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
You should punch their lips so they get swollen and when they smack their lips it hurts really bad

Evil_Cake
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
ok I'll just do that 2 everyone for prevention

Hayashida
04-22-2011, 12:07 AM
A lot of people I know have their MSN status set as away even if they're not, so I'll be like "hey are you there" and if they actually are away I'll go "maaan" not because I'm angry but because I feel like I've made a fool out of myself for talking to no one.

Psy
04-22-2011, 03:04 AM
People who can not for some reason tell their kids "No".
People who can't pick up after themselves.
Kids who don't seem to have control over the volume of their voice.
People who think their dogs don't need a leashe because they are trained but obviously are not.

butternut
04-22-2011, 03:58 AM
When people keep whining/grumbling about stuff.
When people throw tantrums. At the top of their voice.

pajamajam
04-22-2011, 05:25 AM
I hate people who try to one-up you if you say anything that sounds like a complaint.

"Ouch, I just stubbed my toe."
"I had a broken leg when I was five."
"The fuck?"

I also hate it when people stand reeeeaaally close to me. Like right in my face. People need to keep a two-foot distance at least.
And people who argue over doing something instead of just doing it.
Kids carrying on at stores. I work in a grocery store bakery, so I hear this all the time. No, kid, you can't have a three-layer twelve inch cake. You're already fat. Get over it.

goggy
04-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Urgh, my sister tries to one-up me all the time. >.>

Sylux
04-22-2011, 07:51 AM
It really gets my goat whenever people doubt my knowledge, and then I prove them wrong and they're like "oh man you're so immature blah blah blah" and I'm like "cracka it's not motherfucking marijuana day, it's the fucking date of the Columbine shooting. You's the immature one here."

Superdooperphailmachine
04-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Children using terrible American accents whilst playing with my lego that they did not ask my permission to play with.
People (mostly children) who do not ask my permission before playing with my toys/video games. I do not care that I never use them, I expect to be asked first.
People watching over my shoulder while I'm doing stuff.

GunZet
04-22-2011, 04:18 PM
when someones smacking their lips while eating i want to smack them

This a million times.

Blue_Dragon
04-23-2011, 05:53 AM
I hate to see/hear people arguing over who's going to pay the bill. It's okay if it's three lines or less: "I've got it-" "Oh no it's my turn." "No, my treat." And the last line is pushing it. I especially hate it when it's loud. Old ladies are usually the biggest culprit of this. When I'm w/ a friend, if I offer and they refuse, I drop it.

Know it alls bother me too. I don't mind if you're smart and you have useful input, or add to the coversation in a helpful/interesting way. But if you're just "no, you're wrong, it's actually this" or whatever, it's just like: dude, shut the fuck up. Kids are the biggest offenders here. "Well actually, Naruto is a blah blah blah, and not a blah blah blah and this issue came out on this date with this character introduced." This never happened to me since I don't read or talk much about Naruto, but I'd imagine a kid would be like that if you called him something he wasn't by accident.

Likewise, I hate it when I'm talking to someone and somebody who's not by any stretch of the imagination in on it interupts our talk and starts dominating the conversation. It's a private party, and you're not invited. Granted, again, there are circumstances when this is acceptable. I prefer to have a balanced discussion, though.

I hate, absolutely hate it when people use blatently improper English. There are exceptions, of course, but if it's someone who should know better and just doesn't, it bugs the hell out of me. Granted, I know I do it too (I'm guilty of saying "fer" instead of "for," and I try to correct myself,) but it pissed me off when I do it, too.) Also, Illinois is not Ellinoise. It's ILLinoi (no frickin' "s") I think it's probably Illinwah really, but we don't say it that way now. And when I'm eating squash--it's SQUASH not squorsh. And I WASH not worsh. That's a Southern Illinois thing.

It irritates me when people barge into someone else's room or home uninvited and/or unannounced. This was more of a problem when I lived on campus more than at home now (though my mom has almost caught me in the buff before. Not that I care, but I'm sure Marc wouldn't like to seen in his birthday suit. Announce yourself!)

Along the same lines as "know it alls," I hate when people discredit you in front of a huge group. Once I accidently called a women a "widower" and I knew it was wrong, but it looks stupid and awkward in the middle of a tour to say "OH, I'm sorry, I meant to say 'widow" and just used the wrong term by accident." I just kept going and this old bitch corrected me, making everything I said after that suspcious. Fuck you, you dumb bitch. If you're going to correct someone, do it in private or at the end of the fucking tour (still mad and this happened like 3 years ago. I hate it when people do that.) Sorry, I'm not trying to complain I'm just trying to give an example of my peeve.

I'm sure I have more, but that's all for now.