PDA

View Full Version : Megaman Legends 3

ClockHand
04-21-2011, 01:32 PM
So there is going to be a demo, with the name of Prototype that is going to be available through Nintendo's eShop.

So, what is your opinion?

In the personal I hate that is going to be for the 3DS. I would prefer it as a console game (because to be fair, it's a fucking awesome game that deserves more respect than just being in a ds).

Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/116/1163290p1.html

LVUER
04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
At last, Megaman Legends 3 ^_^ I hope they continue where they left off in Megaman Legends 2.

Regantor
04-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Eh... I wish I could be hopefull about this, but our guy Inafune left Capcom already... It's not like he is just the bloke who drew megaman first, he's been in charge of all the best games like Legends, the early MMXes, all four MMZs, and the two new 8bit ones, too. :/

Would probally buy it if I actually bother getting a 3DS, that said.

jubeh
04-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Why would you mention inafune without using a hard to understand analogy.

That's like jumping into a ball pit while wearing two pairs of paints.

CypressDahlia
04-22-2011, 11:00 PM
^^^^^ sad day >=[

jubeh
04-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah megaman legends without infafune is like trying to explain asteroids to charlie sheen using crack rocks and a bb gun.

CypressDahlia
04-22-2011, 11:10 PM
You really gotta type slower, jubeh.

Paints...infafune...

jubeh
04-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Me typing slowly is like going up on the down escalator with drawstrings tied to each of your fingers.

LVUER
04-23-2011, 09:51 PM
How about RE5? Is it good? Since it's done without Shinji Mikami... Perhaps people at Capcom could do it, let's give them a chance.

Regantor
04-23-2011, 10:33 PM
RE5 was like a third person house of the dead game... Capcom might be able to do it, but eh. I'm just not getting my hopes up for anything special. Even the Megaman Zero series was developed by an out-of-house team that Inafune chose personally. Right now the company is like a green bull lacking a nice cool fridge to stand on. :o

jubeh
04-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Nice analogy reg.

Here's the interview where inafune goes off on an analogy spree.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411847

Sucks the dude had to leave right as he got the go ahead to make his dream game.

CypressDahlia
04-23-2011, 11:53 PM
I have low expectations for this game, but will play anyway.

LVUER
04-24-2011, 12:56 AM
@Regantor:
I haven't played RE5 so I can't say much, though from clips and trailers, I don't really like it. BTW, RE5 is directed by Inafune, right?

Regantor
04-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Wikipedia says it was Kenichi Ueda and Yasuhiro Anpo. So, eh, I don't know how much involvement he had...

Anyway. I'm currently trying to buy MML one and two on on the PS1... Geeze they are expensive now. Wish you could get them on virtual console or at least PSP. x_x

LVUER
04-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Hehehe, I already bought both MLM 1 and 2 way back then. I instantly fell in love with these Legends series (and I already love Megaman series). Legends is my most favorite Megaman, at least until Capcom release another different series that could beat Legends.

BTW, is it true that Megaman Legends 1 first appeared in Nintendo 64 (titled as Megaman 64)?

Evil_Cake
04-24-2011, 09:52 PM
is megaman legends like battle network

ClockHand
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
complete opposite I think.

Is more like a third person rol game with shooter gameplay.

LVUER
04-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Megaman Legends is third-person action-RPG (the POV is from behind the character). You control Rock Walnut (or Mega in US) as he explore underground dungeons and other locations. Unlike Battle Network, it all happens in real world and you control Megaman himself. You have two weapons, the usual rock buster and another sub-weapon that more powerful but have ammo cap. Since this is an RPG, you have to collect money, items, and equipments. The setting is in a world where most of the land have been submerged under water and power source is really rare. You are a hunter that seeks that power source (in form of some kind of gem).

Oh, and like lots of RPG protagonist, you (Megaman) is a young boy that lost his memory...

Devillan
04-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Its good that a 3rd MML comes out, but for crying out loud: FINISH THE OTHER MM GAMES!!! I mean the only closed story game is MMZ, all the other are still open...

Regantor
04-29-2011, 08:43 PM
MMX pretty frequently alludes to the original series ending with some kind of gigantic war, and Zero being created by Dr.Wily... MMZ, on the other hand, outright states that the "elf wars" occured after MMX and killed off both the original bodies of X and Zero... Then the pretty obscure MMZX games supposedly links the first two series with Megaman Legends, which I guess is going to get reverse-referanced a whole bunch with the new game.

Really, I think it's a very weird case of always ending the various series off screen, so that they can keep making new games. (ΘεΘ;)

LVUER
04-29-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't think we should expect MM series to end the story. Since we're not hoping anything from the story anyway. We only want the action... well, of course the story needs to be good, but each game only needs stand alone story, not as a series. I treat each MM games more or less like FF series.

Remember how MM Legends 1 ends? And then how MM Legends 2 starts? Big disappointment...

Kodos
04-30-2011, 07:31 AM
If they fuck up this game I am going to start killing people.

I don't know if or when I will stop.

jubeh
04-30-2011, 06:23 PM
If you go down the wrong path I will stop you

LVUER
04-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Well, you could start by killing those corrupt politicians and businessmen, or hunt down those terrorists. Or even better, just join the military and get sent to Afghanistan or somewhere in Middle East.

Devillan
05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Well, you could start by killing those corrupt politicians and businessmen, or hunt down those terrorists. Or even better, just join the military and get sent to Afghanistan or somewhere in Middle East.

Lets just send him to Iran...

Regantor
05-11-2011, 04:28 AM
Playing MML1 now. Sans-nostalgia it's an interesting experience, especailly for somebody who likes megaman... So far I'd only give it an 8 out of 10. >_>

Might be unfair to compair it to, say, ocarina of time, but the world feels rather small and devoid of important characters. Controls are a bitch, too. That said, the Bonnes are highly amusing villians, the weapons are cool and I actually like the 8bit-style 3D graphics; It's like a combination of Zero and the original series...

But would I call this game perticularly memorable if it wasn't MM? Not really so far, to be honest. We'll have to see if the closing stages of the game change my mind once I get to them.

CypressDahlia
05-18-2011, 09:06 PM
IMO, it's better than Ocarina of Time and evidence of 3D Action-RPG being done right for the first time. Character movement is a little awkward, but the experience is much more comprehensive and the ability to JUMP is just...golden. And you spend most of the game being told Megaman is important but not knowing why until the end. You'll find out why this works. And if you're a Gurren Lagann fan, you'll wonder why nobody caught the distinct similarities.

Kodos
07-20-2011, 03:34 PM
So this got cancelled.

I'm going to murder the world.

jubeh
07-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Come at me bro

Fenn
07-20-2011, 05:58 PM
So this got cancelled.

I'm going to murder the world.

I didn't even play the games and I'm angry. I pity you fans.

ClockHand
07-20-2011, 11:31 PM
INAFUNE!!!!

Capcom hates Megaman, 2 of his games has been canceled and he didn't appear on mvc3.

LVUER
07-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Perhaps because he quits Capcom? That surely enough to make Capcom hates him.

ClockHand
07-21-2011, 01:54 AM
how can you hate your own mascot?

LVUER
07-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Capcom doesn't hate Megaman/Rockman. Capcom hates Inafune... I think?

ClockHand
07-21-2011, 02:12 AM
so they take a revenge destroying one of the greatest franchise in video game industry?

LVUER
07-21-2011, 07:04 AM
I bet Capcom is waiting for someone with guts and skill to continue the franchise. Someone from inside the company, of course... Capcom surely doing lots of wrong things lately, with so many of their own great names quitting.

jubeh
07-21-2011, 04:55 PM
I bet Capcom is waiting for someone with guts and skill to continue the franchise. Someone from inside the company, of course...

You expect this from a company that doesn't give a shit about its star developers? Whatever guy takes the mantle will just get shit on and leave.

Capcom is like that boy band ricky martin was in.

Hell_Baron
07-22-2011, 05:43 AM
*reads news*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsf_-a_H9Q&feature=related

GODDAMN YOU CAPCOM, GODDAMN YOU!!!

BUT! there is some good news however, some folks have started a petition on facebook to presuade CAPCOM to finish the damn game.
so far they're allready nearing 5000 (the eventual goal is 10.000) and that's in one night.

Kodos
07-22-2011, 05:48 AM
In fairness, though, it may be for the best. I'm not sure I want a Mega Man Legends 3 game *not* by Inafune.

I know he left the company (Mikami, too) but I am unfamiliar with the details. Why did Inafune leave, and did he do so on good terms? Is it possible that we may see him working on Mega Man games via for-hire/contracted work even though he himself is not an employee?

LVUER
07-22-2011, 06:27 AM
I don't know why Mikami leaves (now he's in Platinum Games), but Inafune leaves since he doesn't like Capcom (not that he hates people in it... I don't know how to explain it in English properly...) and video game industry in Japan (he prefers how western/US video game industry works. So now he make his own video game company.

I don't know if they (Inafune and Capcom) split up in good terms, but at least Inafune himself that quits and there's no bad case revolving around Inafune quitting Capcom. But seeing Mikami and Inafune quitting Capcom (and the timeline is pretty close too), I think there's something wrong with Capcom.

Anyway, if Capcom want it, they surely can contract (or outsource or whatever) Inafune or Mikami to continue Megaman franchise (like Megaman Legends 3). But I highly doubt Capcom wants one of their flagship product being worked by someone else (their pride won't let them, at least...)

While speaking about Capcom, I really wish they make another Breath of Fire. A proper (and more traditional) RPG one this time...

Kodos
07-22-2011, 08:46 AM
If I am not mistaken Megaman 9 and 10 were developed by a contracted studio.

jubeh
07-22-2011, 09:19 AM
II know he left the company (Mikami, too) but I am unfamiliar with the details. Why did Inafune leave, and did he do so on good terms? Is it possible that we may see him working on Mega Man games via for-hire/contracted work even though he himself is not an employee?

He left on horrible terms.

Check this out

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=411847

Regantor
07-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Eh. There was another Inafune megaman game in development aswell, didn'tcha know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJhkMSMEnew

This one was cancelled ages back, mind. Wish I could say that him quiting was surprising, but really, they have been messing with this guy's ideas for years... I even heard that MML3 was going to have a brand new main character shoehorned in, who the plot centers around...

Maybe it's time to start putting our stock in some new series, guys. The old gaurd seem to have completely sold out on us. x_x

jubeh
07-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah there is always sonic the hedgeh -- ohhhhhhhh