PDA

View Full Version : What do u want to learn from pro-manga artist?

wasketball
12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi, everyone!
I am an assistant director from japanese tv production company.

I am planning to make TV program about Manga Drawing which would be broadcast to all over the world from Japan.
If your favorite Japanese manga artists show on the TV, what do you want them to do? and What do you learn from them? do you want to watch their working? or what??

please please give me some opinion to make this program come true!!!

Thank you:)

P.S.
and even if the question you want to ask is already posted, feel free to post the same question or just say "i agree with ***". its also important to know how many people want to know the same things!

francois_1988
12-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Maybe it will be nice of them if they will have some tutorials on some kids... And it will be awesome if it will be viewed all around the world..
This.. to inspire the young ones to draw... :)

jubeh
12-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Talk about their standard of living, how much they get paid. That sort of thing.

Psy
12-06-2010, 06:27 AM
Talk about the positive and negative sides of being a mangaka. Does it effect time spent with family and friends? Is the money worth it? How stressful is the job? Do they regret the decision to go pro? How long did it take them to get to a pro level? What advice can they give to an aspiring mangaka?

There are enough "show me how to draw" things out there. It would be more interesting to learn what comes with being a mangaka and see the process of creating a manga but not necessarily how its drawn more like the time sacrificed and put into making the manga or manga chapter.

butternut
12-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Talk about the positive and negative sides of being a mangaka. Does it effect time spent with family and friends? Is the money worth it? How stressful is the job? Do they regret the decision to go pro? How long did it take them to get to a pro level? What advice can they give to an aspiring mangaka?

There are enough "show me how to draw" things out there. It would be more interesting to learn what comes with being a mangaka and see the process of creating a manga but not necessarily how its drawn more like the time sacrificed and put into making the manga or manga chapter.

I agree. That and how did they go pro? Lucky break?or lots of effort, perseverance etc? and what is the usual way one becomes a mangaka, how they became one, the pitfalls on the way, the memorable moments etc..

wasketball
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Thank you for your guys answer!
some questions did not be come up with my brain...i will ask these topics to mangaka!

i keep to call for your opinion!!

Thank you:)

Hayashida
12-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Talk about their standard of living, how much they get paid. That sort of thing.

I agree, this is a good point. I think anything about their daily life is a good topic as long as it's not too personal.

jubeh
12-06-2010, 03:50 PM
I want it as personal as possible.

butternut
12-06-2010, 03:52 PM

That'd be rude!!!

Hayashida
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant. Be as personal as you can be when inquiring about their life, but there would be a limit so as not to be disrespectful to them. Sorry to everyone who wants to know how often they use the washroom.

Red
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, their secrets.

What made them successful and stuff.

Ozzaharwood
12-06-2010, 10:29 PM
How they became as good as they are. How long it took, what they did, when they started. Also, if they taught themselves to draw or if they did it through school. Where they get their ideas from, and how they draw exactly what they see in their mind. I know most of the answers are practice, but it'd be nice to see some other answers from the pros.

Hayashida
12-06-2010, 10:41 PM
How they became as good as they are. How long it took, what they did, when they started. Also, if they taught themselves to draw or if they did it through school. Where they get their ideas from, and how they draw exactly what they see in their mind. I know most of the answers are practice, but it'd be nice to see some other answers from the pros.

Those are some good questions.

wasketball
12-07-2010, 01:00 AM
THnak you for a lot of replies from you guys!

nnn, yeah i know we want to know their personal lives...it is exactly interesting point to see, but as some of you said, seeing their private lives too deeply, it might be a rude manner for them...i am thinking to ask questions all related manga and drawing! however, it might be a good question to ask them their daily schedule to work or something:)

im still calling for your opinion!:)

thank you!

NinjaSteel_Runner
12-08-2010, 06:20 AM
If you could ask the mangaka my questions are about the stories of a manga and setting and something else.

What comes first to a mangaka while doing a manga? character naming or story telling writing? some have said that some mangakas make mistakes by creating and naming the characters rather then the story.

In the views from a mangaka what comes as most important while creating the manga on writing down the manga?

I know and have read a few stories how the mangakas aren't getting paid by the manga publishers fairly.

Why don't the mangaka then create a blog in which they can host there manga and earn more revenues while doing it.

Blue_Dragon
12-08-2010, 03:23 PM
The blog thing's a good idea. But it would have to be translated for me--I don't speak very good Japanese.

francois_1988
12-08-2010, 09:06 PM
How I wish there's a TV show all about manga here in our country... :(

fenrich08
12-10-2010, 05:35 AM
to: France L

yeah..I agree

PWhit
01-01-2011, 11:11 PM
To be honest, I would just ask how they draw hands so well... D:

Fenn
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
How about asking what they see in the future for the manga industry? What direction it it going in, and how long do they think it will last? I have a distant dream of creating a manga but I am worried it will go out of fashion before I become talented enough.

LVUER
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I want to know what kind of training they have so they could become that good, or what kind of skill that we need to have to (start) become a professional. And also, how and what is the professional attitude needed to be one.

Avy16
01-10-2011, 03:48 AM
I would like to know how most of them create such good stories.

Byakuran
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM

Yeah :D ,, it would be fun to know what kind of person they are, fun facts about them (personality stuff how they were in high school and stuff, childhood? ), but not if they don't want to tell ( i want to see the workplace :DDD)

And like what inspired them and how they get their ideas and get told about their blunders xD, what is the biggest blunder and what was one of the greatest moment when being a mangaka. How they started. Did they really wanted to be a mangaka when they were youngh? What have they learned so far ? and how can you see them in their manga's. Meaning the personal taste's in their manga's or is the main character personality based on yours or the opposite? or like experience they went through came like in the story since it was kind of inspiration? And like different genre's of mangaka's shown like Shoujo and shounen and stuff... also how much they get paid and stuff like Jubeh said xD,, it's fun to know i wonder what they look like but that isn't a must, also what maybe inspired them on their ' author names ' since i've heard thats not their real names xD what do they think of the fans, also from like other countries? And do they have other dreams? so stuff like that and go oonnn...

please tell me where and when this is going to broadcast if it does and i hope it does! and sub it please >_> ,, i don't like people dubbing over the japanese language much but thats only a personal preference, but i don't understand japanese so some subbing in english would be nice since it is going to be broadcasted all around the world? i hope i have this channel then... and that this isn't some joke D:< or else i would've typed for nothing

The_shaman
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
How not to start drawinbg, and tell them to learn the to let people know thewy need to learn the basics of drawing first.

Kokoro_Hane
06-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Hmmm....
What I'd really love to learn from professional manga artists would be how to draw backgrounds, hands down. That is like hard for me, as well as interesting positions and battle scenes. And how to draw more detailed clothing, not just plain stuff. But if I could only choose one, gotta go with the backgrounds! (Though I'd like to know how to draw multiple positions, too, as I still have a problem with side-views and drawing stiff positions....)

I would LOVE to see them work, watch how they draw. That'd be really cool! I wonder how CLAMP and Hiromu Arakawa works!

jubeh
06-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Okay this one is like 5 months old I'm giving you a warning. Read the rules please.