PDA

View Full Version : What anime are you watching atm, and why?

Byakuran
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
There is a manga one but not a anime one.... D<

WELL

i just watched 2 new shws only one ep released yet

The Money of soul and possibility

Ao no Exorcist, both look like they have potential imo.

also Gintama <3~

jubeh
04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Souten kouro since I'm on a romance of the three kingdoms thing right now. It has a really interesting interpretation of liu bei and cao cao.

Ozzaharwood
04-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Just finished Darker Than Black, which was recommended by a friend. It was so good that whenever I try to watch a new anime I compare it to that and see how bad most of them suck.

Right now though, watching Asu No Yoichi, and I've got to say it's possibly one of the funniest animes I've ever watched so far. On the 3rd or 4th episode I laughed so hard it hurt. Not a very good story but check it out if you want to laugh.

Last one that I JUST started (Episode one) is AIR. Seems p. good so far but I despise the animation.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Last thing I watched was Panty and stocking with garter-belt.

LVUER
04-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Infinite Stratos. Recommended for those who love big boobs and harem high-school anime.

Outcast
04-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I hate both of those parts. I only watch it for the combat scenes.

Arashi500
04-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Just finished Level E the manga for which was done by the same guy who did Yu Yu Hakusho, and it is one of the weirder non-Gainax animes I've seen, and pretty damn hilarious.

DrPumpkin
04-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Infinite Stratos.

Oh, god no. That is not a good thing to be watching.

Tiger and Bunny is fun. Recommended for people who like your traditional superhero stories.

Sylux
04-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Just finished Darker Than Black, which was recommended by a friend. It was so good that whenever I try to watch a new anime I compare it to that and see how bad most of them suck.

I feel your pain, man, though I've only watched 3 episodes.

Right now I'm currently watching:
Darker Than Black, which was recommended to me by Renzo. Plus I caught it on FUNimation Channel.
Full Metal Panic, which was recommended by Clock, plus it was on FUNimation.
East of Eden, which was on FUNimation.
FMA: Brotherhood, because I love FMA.

Rio
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Ooo, Ao no Exorcist. I've been reading the manga and so far, I likes it. I'll have to check out the anime one of these days. As for what I'm currently watching.... ummmm, nothing. D:

Sylux
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Rio, you must watch Eden of the East. It is about 12 humans with superphones who have 10 billion Yen, naked people running around, and a lady who cuts off serial rapists' johnnies. Though, it seems like it would be somewhat popular, so perhaps you've seen it already.

Matt
04-19-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm watching Strike Witches because my friend told me it was good. So far, I'm just confused as to why nobody in that anime wears pants. I don't get it. Unless the next few episodes can hook me, I think I'll drop it and go watch Ika Musume again. Or at least something equally ecchi-less.

Brainless ecchi is getting old. I can't remember who said it, but:

A guy getting panties shoved in his face has never been funny.

Panties have never been funny, period, never mind what kind of humor people try to pull with them.

Rio
04-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Rio, you must watch Eden of the East. It is about 12 humans with superphones who have 10 billion Yen, naked people running around, and a lady who cuts off serial rapists' johnnies. Though, it seems like it would be somewhat popular, so perhaps you've seen it already.Sounds interesting. I've heard of it but never actually watched. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Hayashida
04-19-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm watching Darker Than Black right now because I heard that Yasushi Ishii did the music for it. That's pretty much the only reason. : /

Byakuran
04-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Sounds interesting. I've heard of it but never actually watched. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Im watching it... xD but there are 2 little doki-doki scenes for me so i half dropped it.

jubeh
04-20-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm watching Darker Than Black right now because I heard that Yasushi Ishii did the music for it. That's pretty much the only reason. : /

I'm watching it too but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Everyone is saying its like the next coming of christ but it just kind of seems okay.

Sylux
04-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm watching Strike Witches because my friend told me it was good. So far, I'm just confused as to why nobody in that anime wears pants. I don't get it. Unless the next few episodes can hook me, I think I'll drop it and go watch Ika Musume again. Or at least something equally ecchi-less.

Brainless ecchi is getting old. I can't remember who said it, but:

Panties have never been funny, period, never mind what kind of humor people try to pull with them.

"Yeah, we call him panties because one day his only pair of pants flew out the window, so he became an introverted hermit who sits around in his undies all day and gained 150 pounds in 2 years."

Hayashida
04-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm watching it too but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Everyone is saying its like the next coming of christ but it just kind of seems okay.
Yep atm nothing is really standing out for me.

Sylux
04-22-2011, 09:29 PM
You guys, I have a serious confession to make.

I am currently on episode 12 of Naruto. I just can't stop watching it. It brings me so much joy and happiness that I could turd a burglar.

Alexander_Hamilton
04-22-2011, 09:31 PM
I understand. Naruto can be fun, at least at first.

I finished Higurashi and Higurashi Kai. I liked it in the beginning, but it got really generic in the end, losing its dark and mysterious tone. Instead it was happy friendship saving the day in quirky ways. o_O

Lucy
04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Fist of the North Star, because I am angry and seeing people explode for not much reason at all is making me less stressed out.

Rio
04-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Oh, is that how you de-stress? I tend to play fighting games or conquer the world. It's much more... interactive. xD

Byakuran
04-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Hanasaku Iroha watching this.... i have no idea if this is a yuri maaaan.... but it's p. interesting but so much blusing girls blushing about girls and girls blushing about guys it's so confusing wether it's a romance... not or a shoujo ai or not... grhfgjsa

Sylux
04-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I just started re-watching Sukisyo to see if I felt any differently about it. I really do. Nonetheless, it's a good series to watch, even if you aren't that into BL (like me).

Byakuran
04-25-2011, 08:33 AM
im not in BoyLove much . - . if you mean also

Yondemasuyo azazel-san is a oke anime.... it's p. funny

Blue_Dragon
04-25-2011, 11:39 PM
I just starting watching Gantz...and it's pretty weird so far. I'm enjoying it...but some of the characters are more than a little annoying. The girl seems a little slow...and I think the bad characters are a little stereotypical...but I'm not gonna judge it after just two episodes. And it's interesting, so I'll finish it.

Outcast
04-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Oh, god no. That is not a good thing to be watching.

Yeah definitively not something you watch for the plot or good characterisation I could only watch it when I was too tired to think although I would love to see the machines they have mixed with an armored suit like from section 8 used in war but no they have to stick their penises into every thing and go "yay tits"

I'm watching deadman wonderland, maria x holic (maria is a crazy fucker) and I'm curious about what baka to test shoukanjuu is about

LVUER
04-26-2011, 05:20 AM
But at least the graphics and animation is good and crisp. And they do a good job combining 3D CG with 2D art.

ClockHand
04-26-2011, 06:37 AM
I just starting watching Gantz...and it's pretty weird so far. I'm enjoying it...but some of the characters are more than a little annoying. The girl seems a little slow...and I think the bad characters are a little stereotypical...but I'm not gonna judge it after just two episodes. And it's interesting, so I'll finish it.

read it, don't watch it.

marsrover
04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Weird cuz the only two shows I know of (and watch, don't laugh)
Spider Riders
Magi-Nation
Granted their story/plot lines SUCK. It still gives me good inspiration for drawing. (see avatar)

Outcast
04-26-2011, 06:01 PM
But at least the graphics and animation is good and crisp. And they do a good job combining 3D CG with 2D art.

True.

kine
04-26-2011, 08:57 PM
ive watched infinite stratos (recommended by friend), code geass, code geass r2 (code geass was recommended), 07-ghost, watchin bleach (heard it will last ten more years and it was recommended), steins;gate, all the dragon ball series except the original, and i think thats it

Ozzaharwood
04-30-2011, 02:50 AM
I wanted to watch Infinite Stratos... It's on my list.

Right now I'm watching or going to start watching a lot of anime:
Motto To Love Ru
Maria + Holic
Shakugan No Shana
Shuffle!
Deadman Wonderland
Sora No Otoshimono Forte

Blegh, time to no life marathon this stoof. I also might checkout Yukimei Merry and most likely Elfen Lied.

*Fails next 3 tests in order to get all anime in*

LVUER
04-30-2011, 03:29 AM
While speaking about Infinite Stratos, do you know other anime where people (especially girls ^_^ ) wear oversized power-armor like that? I think I've seen several ones like IS but I just can't really remember.

Byakuran
04-30-2011, 07:50 AM
I dunno im not really into mecha kinda stuff :/

i can tell you about shoujo's and stuff . - . ,, normal harems . - . ?

Also Moshidora, yay for baseball anime's xD! theres like 1 ep in 3 days or something seems nice. not shoujo really since it doesn't resolve arround romance :( but its cool to learn about Management

BozeSG
04-30-2011, 02:13 PM
i got a bit bored with action and shounen stuff lately so i thought i'd watch legend of the galactic heroes and also i satrted watching mahou shoujo madoka magic...

CypressDahlia
04-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Blue Exorcist
Nichijou (because I liked Azumanga)
and Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Deadman Wonderland (God, I hate this title)

A couple others, too, but not worth mentioning until I get further into them.

DrPumpkin
04-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Can I just point out here that 'The Exorcist of Blue' is a waaaay cooler way of calling the show rather than 'Blue Exorcist'?

Just sayin'.

CypressDahlia
04-30-2011, 09:50 PM
I prefer Blue Exorcist. Mostly because it makes sense.

isabellegohlt
04-30-2011, 09:59 PM
No one watching Hidan no Aria?? )):

DrPumpkin
04-30-2011, 10:08 PM
I prefer Blue Exorcist. Mostly because it makes sense.

But then it sounds like the name of a weird smurf. Or the title of the next Avatar movie. XD

CypressDahlia
05-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Exorcist of Blue just sounds incomplete. Exorcist of blue what? Blueberries? Blue's Clues? Blue Waffle?

Sylux
05-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Blue Gender B)

Byakuran
05-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Exorcist of Blue just sounds incomplete. Exorcist of blue what? Blueberries? Blue's Clues? Blue Waffle?

God, did you srsly had to say ' Blue Waffle ' ?
but i gotta agree with you or the title should be

Exorcist with Satan's blaze/fire w/e

Also what about C- the money of soul and possibility?
I found it interesting... and worth mentioning :/

Btw Cyp did you see the anime Abnormal Psychology Seminar? >_>

Outcast
05-02-2011, 11:05 PM
What, you had it or something bya?

DrPumpkin
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Mooooving on.

Outcast
05-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey considering you're a doctor you're the one who's going to have to treat it.

Evil_Cake
05-02-2011, 11:24 PM
what the hell

Sylux
05-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Why.

Hayashida
05-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Back on topic, guys.

Byakuran
05-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Geez guys. .... mann i don't even....

well is anyone watching Toriko?
I like one piece ACEEE <3 Lufffyyy <3 and saw there was their special on it but i havent watched it yet, is it any good?

jubeh
05-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I read the toriko and one piece cross over and it was cool. Im not a big toriko fan though but I really want to like it.

Evil_Cake
05-03-2011, 08:49 PM
i read toriko and I like it but idk about the author

Byakuran
05-05-2011, 02:12 PM
He's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsutoshi_Shimabukuro) friends with Oda-sensei (writer of One Piece)

And omg he was arrested for child prostitution D:

Evil_Cake
05-05-2011, 03:33 PM
yeah

LVUER
05-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Sorry for being OOT, but unable to resist the urge to say this:
Funny that Byakuran mentioned Oda-sensei and nothing happened, but while I mentioned Tite-sensei and people went "Heeeey, who is Tite-sensei" and "We're not Japaneeeeese!".

Outcast
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Because it was already brought up, I don't give a rat's ass anymore.

Byakuran
05-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Heh, i just can get away with it -wink-
And most people hate bleach so you would get a lot if you mentioned the mangaka >_>

Also Moshidora is a p. good anime they have like a episode a day with subs, well only one episode till it's finished now so waitin till tomorrow. Episode 9 was so emotional i watched it 2,5 times o ^ o ,, i don't want it to end.. need new season D<

Has anyone seen Stein's Gate? i watched the first ep and didn't like it now im wondering if it gotten any good...

DrPumpkin
05-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Hold on, does Moshidora only have 10 episodes?

Byakuran
05-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Uhu, Wiki says it only has 10 episodes and the episodes get subbed really fast ....

also i now watched it 4,5 times .... i. need. to. do. shoujo. fanart. now.

Outcast
05-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Started Sayanara Zetsubou Sensei first scene was amazing

Byakuran
05-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Does it have romance?

BozeSG
05-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Started Sayanara Zetsubou Sensei first scene was amazing
Sayonara zetsubou sensei only makes sense at the beginning, the randomness of it's nature and shaft's unique way of adaption makes you go wtf through the rest of 1st season and next ones. (i don't mean it in a bad way, this show is just.... wtf.)

Outcast
05-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Does it have romance?

Sort of, but not really.

At least to where I'm at.

Byakuran
05-09-2011, 03:09 PM
xD ' sort of ' and ' not really ' you contradict yourself... but ill check it out

Moshidora ended already buu~ :< i wanted more... they could've made it to 26 ep if they added romance... but it was a anime for people in 20/30's tbh so yeah >_> it wasn't gonna happen... jskdfjkdsafg

Did anyone watch Showa Monogatari?

Regantor
05-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei is just awesome. Each of the four series gets consecutively more and more mental. Seriously new territory levels of insane. Chromartie has nothing on it. Zim has nothing on it. Just watch the OPs on youtube and you'll see what I mean. APPLE PLUCKING BEAM! :3

Anyway. Currently going completely the other direction and watching Armoured Hunter Mellowlink. Part of the VOTOMS mecha universe, except it's about a sole sniper dude on foot. It's pretty good so far, but the music can be kinda lame. He does destroy a mecha during the first episode via jackhammer to the face, through. Badass is all I can say.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1146/vlcsnap452983.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/156/vlcsnap452983.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Why aren't people watching Votoms again? :p

Outcast
05-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Because I haven't got around to it yet.

@Bya: It's there but it's neither healthy nor is it really focused on.

Byakuran
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
aah mann why does the video quality lack so much of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei episode videos = - =

Well to me its oke its hardly confusing ive had other animes that were more.... confusing

Outcast
05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Then comes the jailbreak scene...
Also all the ones I watched were of good quality.

Ozzaharwood
05-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Blegh, just finished Shakugan No Shana Seasons 1/2 and the OVA's, and can't wait for the third season. Started watching Elfen Lied, and gotta say that first episode was very disturbing. I think I may start Fate/Stay Night soon. Does anyone know if it's any good?

Byakuran
05-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Then comes the jailbreak scene...
Also all the ones I watched were of good quality.

Where on do you watch? was it a megavideo? i hate megavideo and never use it i know there are sites when you can get over the watching limit but i just dont want to use it :/

Also Fate/Stay Night looks like a harem i hate harems unless they're reversed.

Outcast
05-14-2011, 01:20 PM
No. Well one episode was on megavideo.
I just watched it on an anime site.

Byakuran
05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Whoah so specific....

thanks a lot Outcast.

Ozzaharwood
05-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Bya, I get all of my anime from a PSP games site, they have almost all the anime out there. Problem is you have to download it, but I download all of mine. I can vouch for the site being safe, if you want it send me a message and I'll gave you the url. You also have to make an account, but that doesn't take long.

Outcast
05-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Whoah so specific....

thanks a lot Outcast.

You can't mention scan sites I'm not sure about anime sites

Ozzaharwood
05-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Just send her a message then (:

I also just starting watching Spice and Wolf, which I know you like Outcast and you've seemed to have a similar taste in anime as me. It's p. good so far, I've learned a lot about economics in just the four first episodes and the story is starting to get good.

BozeSG
05-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Fate/Stay Night itself is okay... but i'd recommend watching it, because then you can watch an upcoming masterpiece named Fate/zero which starts the next season and is supposed to be Fate/Stay night's prequel, and also if you're going to watch it then don't miss it's Unlimited Blade Works movie, that one is pretty awesome too.

Arashi500
05-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Just send her a message then (:

I also just starting watching Spice and Wolf, which I know you like Outcast and you've seemed to have a similar taste in anime as me. It's p. good so far, I've learned a lot about economics in just the four first episodes and the story is starting to get good.

Easily my favourite Seinen ever.

Watching Darker Than Black and so far it isn't too engaging.

Ozzaharwood
05-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Arashi, you've got to get into it. The first 7 episodes or so aren't that great, but once you get passed those it easily becomes one of the best anime ever.

Arashi500
05-16-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm at 10 and still isn't too enticing. And taking 120+ minutes for a series to start being amazing is not a point for it.

Sylux
05-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I can't stop watching Nayrootoh. Uhroachimahroo is poison and I am infected with its herpes simplex 2.

Byakuran
05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
One Outs!

I've been in baseball anime's idunno why because of moshidora maybe...

but its also from the same author as Liar Game! :D ! It's p. cool (noromancewhatsoever but still good)

jubeh
05-16-2011, 03:10 PM
If you're into baseball mr fullswing is like the best manga out there. There's no anime of it as far as I know tho.

Byakuran
05-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Oooh i hope its on Mangafoxapp, so i can read on iphone

Sylux
05-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Hey is Prince of Tennis any good? I heard from a friend it's pretty much a cliche shonen (i.e. a kid plays half a match with his right hand and somewhat begins to lose, but it turns out he's a leftie and he switches at half-time and owns the other guy's ass).

kine
05-17-2011, 10:40 PM
im actually tryin to get caught up to where bleach is now (ep 72 of 322)

Ozzaharwood
05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Hey guys I was thinking of watching Honey and Clover, and all the reviews I've seen say it's good, but I wanted to get a second opinion. Have any of you seen it and how was it?

Byakuran
05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
I've watched the beginning its oke i guess.... i didn't like the art so much :/

i still haven't finished it... it was moving so slow..lol...
i think yu'd like it knowing you.

Son44
05-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Watching "(The) Last Exile"

It's been said to be a very good show and I like steampunk.

Scarletlight
05-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Just got through with Eden Of The East. Pretty interesting one I think. Dont know what to watch next though.

Harima_Kenji
05-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Try watching Bakuman and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

weez18
05-22-2011, 12:47 AM
hmm im watching fairy tale ive read the manga n fell in love with it lol n now im watching it...id recommend it if u havent already seen it :)

Byakuran
05-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I dropped fairy tale... :/ does it get any better in episode 20+ ?

weez18
05-22-2011, 04:01 PM
yea deff gets better im on episode 52 its cooled down a bit just got through a big fight scene

jubeh
05-23-2011, 04:49 PM
I just finished angel densetsu for the third time. Nothing should be allowed to be this good.

weez18
05-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I just finished angel densetsu for the third time. Nothing should be allowed to be this good.

whats it about ..?

Sylux
05-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Try watching Bakuman and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Have you ever watched School Rumble.

I finally got around to watching Death Note, and I regret wearing an L dog tag I received as a present from my friend. Light's ideal world is something I could really stand behind.

Ozzaharwood
05-25-2011, 08:33 PM
You are going to crap your pants once you get near the end, the amount of twists that there are is enough to confuse an under-educated kid to death.

I'm on the second season of Honey and Clover, and it is a real "Sit back and relax" type anime. It's almost 100&#37; dedicated to story and character development, which definitely puts it up there with my all time favourite shows because most have a crappy plot or no plot at all. If you are in high school or college, you can really relate to it which makes that bond between anime/viewer even stronger.

I feel as if I'm trying to promote it too much, but I really do/did like it.

Sylux
05-25-2011, 08:40 PM
What kind of student do you have to be to relate to it? Can you be a sociopath?

Ozzaharwood
05-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Lmao, I guess you could be but there aren't any sociopaths in it that I know of so far. It's a slice of life anime, and I think it will be very boring to people who like action or suspense, but spectacular to people who enjoy good writing and a realistic setting.

xiaochun3612
05-25-2011, 10:16 PM
i am watching "one piece an Naruto ", its so great !

Because Looked after because it makes me excited.

I like this feeling, very passionate, very motivated!

Outcast
05-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Watching Mobile Suit Gundam (finally).

Ozzaharwood
05-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Just finished Fate/Stay Night. Onto Ouran Host Club... And then I'll have to make a new list of anime to watch.

jubeh
05-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Watching Mobile Suit Gundam (finally).

Cool man its a good show but I'd actually just watch the gundam trilogy that was recently released. It condenses the series into three movies.

The problem with the original show is that the producers wanted more robots so they could make toys out of them so partway through it becomes a villain of the week show. The movies sort of solve this.

Ozzaharwood
05-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Blegh, so here is my new list of about to watch anime:

Ouran Host Club
Needless
Seto No Hanayome
Infinite Stratos
Highschool of the Dead

Most of these were recommended by friends... So I thought I should check them out.

Outcast
05-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Cool man its a good show but I'd actually just watch the gundam trilogy that was recently released. It condenses the series into three movies.

The problem with the original show is that the producers wanted more robots so they could make toys out of them so partway through it becomes a villain of the week show. The movies sort of solve this.

.Already halfway through the show though...

Actually I planed to watch both anyway.

General_Marmalade
05-31-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm watching quite a few things now......

Cowboy Bebop(again)
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Monster
The Big O
Detroit Metal City
Jojo's Bizarre adventure OVA's

.......yeah, it's a lot.

Sylux
05-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Finished Death Note, probably could have cried. So I think I'm gonna start Honey and Clover tomorrow. Is the first episode any good, or do you have to watch a few to get into it?

Ozzaharwood
06-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I think you have to watch a few to get into it, and let me tell you this now. It is not good if you like fast paced anime. It's purely a slice of life anime, and you will probably not like it if you don't like art. You should try it out though, since it's one of my favourites and almost all anime reviewers give it a 9/10 or higher.

Outcast
06-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Startin' Bubblegum Crisis
Plannin' to watch Monster

ram
06-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm watching ao no exorcist and hiddan no aria and just finished watching the episode 15 of ore no imouto.. almost cried =_=
.. oh and gosick and lotte no omocha... and still waiting for the next episode of detective conan... still waiting for episode 618...
all is good

LVUER
06-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Just recently (almost) finishing Infinite Stratos (just need to watch ep.11 and 12). After that, Sky Girls ^_^ After that, Strike Witches >_<

Ozzaharwood
06-03-2011, 06:57 AM
I just finished Infinite Stratos. It wasn't too bad. Now I'm watching Seto No Hanayome and then either Needless or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

BlueExorcist
06-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Ao no Exorcist is amazing, it has about 7 or 8 episodes.

LVUER
06-03-2011, 08:17 PM
I just finished Infinite Stratos. It wasn't too bad. Now I'm watching Seto No Hanayome and then either Needless or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Needless, yes ^_^ Don't know about the anime, but the manga is definitely my most favorite one... that if you can take naked moe loli and some gore and blood (which is something that not lots of people comfortable with).

Ozzaharwood
06-06-2011, 06:32 AM
That's like, the best thing ever. The ED is probably my favourite of all time just because of the epic loli-ness of it. Go search it up and you'll see what I mean.

I'm also just starting to watch Code Geass since everywhere I look someone is talking about it.

BozeSG
06-06-2011, 01:17 PM
The only bad thing about code geass is it's hype, the anime itself is a true masterpiece...

Ozzaharwood
06-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Finished Seto No Hanayome and Needless, onto Code Geass and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Code Geass looks AMAZING in Blu-Ray. The only problem is that both seasons take up 30 GB of space, and that made them take forever to DL.

Moomaw
06-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Watching Higurashi again, even though I know what's coming this time it's still fantastic

Outcast
06-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Almost done with Gundam, going to watch 8th ms team then war in the pocket

jubeh
06-13-2011, 05:29 PM
8th ms team is a rad show but contains one of the worst love stories of all time.

neogenstru
06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Soul Eater is teh shiz

weez18
06-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Soul Eater is teh shiz haha i agree

Ozzaharwood
06-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Just starting Eureka 7 now due to my friend begging me to do so, going to watch FMA:Brotherhood next and then probably Soul Eater. It's Summer now so I'll probably be able to breeze through the 160 episodes. Lol.

weez18
06-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Just starting Eureka 7 .

is it any good..?

LVUER
06-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Personally, I think Eureka 7 starts boring and slow-paced. But later, it gets more and more interesting (and intense too).
especially after the protagonist (forgot the name) finally pilot Nirvash.
Definitely one to watch for mecha lovers.

weez18
06-18-2011, 12:13 AM
haha cool i like mecha animes ^^

Kache
06-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Ano hana is an interesting anime.

Dog days, kind of fun to watch but is kind of cheesy.

Dead man wonderland, WAY too gory. Seriously, who the hell comes up with that shit? But still a good anime.

And One Piece. Best anime of all time.

Outcast
06-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Ano hana is an interesting anime.

Dog days, kind of fun to watch but is kind of cheesy.

Dead man wonderland, WAY too gory. Seriously, who the hell comes up with that shit? But still a good anime.

And One Piece. Best anime of all time.

And yet most fans are complaining about the anime's lack of gore.

LVUER
06-18-2011, 05:42 AM
Perhaps he haven't read the manga yet (or not fan of the manga). Usually anime is a toned down version of the manga (less ecchi, less blood, less gory, less everything in most cases).

Arashi500
06-19-2011, 01:28 AM
In my experience the animes tend to have MORE ecchi but yeah.

Decided to watch Kampfer for some reason, and was surprised that it wasn't bad. Don't know what I'm gonna watch next.

Kache
06-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Perhaps he haven't read the manga yet (or not fan of the manga). Usually anime is a toned down version of the manga (less ecchi, less blood, less gory, less everything in most cases).

No, I never read any mangas but trust me, dead man wonderland is as gory as it can get. Sure, there was this one censored part where someone's eye got cut out when he was still awake, but I don't blame them for that. Seriously, who wants to see that?

It's one thing when you see a black and white picture of a picture of that happening to someone, with a chat bubble saying "Eek", and an pretty well animated anime of some guy getting an eye cut out, blood gushing out, with some spoon tool thing. So it doesn't mean animes are necessarily less gory.

Outcast
06-19-2011, 12:27 PM
No, I never read any mangas but trust me, dead man wonderland is as gory as it can get. Sure, there was this one censored part where someone's eye got cut out when he was still awake, but I don't blame them for that. Seriously, who wants to see that?

But that was one of my favorite scenes in the comic, he was so chill after it too.

Delphinus
06-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Sure, there was this one censored part where someone's eye got cut out when he was still awake, but I don't blame them for that. Seriously, who wants to see that?
me me me please link to comic

Ozzaharwood
06-20-2011, 05:03 PM
If someone is going to link him a scan site do it in a message; you aren't allowed to do it here.

Eureka Seven is getting really good, and took a really weird twist. I can't stop watching it now...

Outcast
06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Google

Byakuran
06-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Wait, Deadman Wonderland gore ? I read the manga haven't seen the anime yet... is the Anime gore-er?

Also anohana is pissin me off while watching it,, i don't know why but im starting to hate the slow pace everyone's got and i dont find it that sad at all tbh :/

Kokoro_Hane
06-21-2011, 09:05 PM
I am currently keeping up with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Tegami Bachi, and STEINS;GATE. Mostly STEINS;GATE though, as it's the only anime so far I am watching that is still airing. I really love STEINS;GATE so far, as it's very interesting, addictive, hilarious, and the animation in my opinion is beautiful.

Ozzaharwood
06-22-2011, 12:03 AM
I just finished Eureka Seven and am on episode 6 of FMA: Brotherhood.

I love FMA:B so far, but it has some slightly disturbing scenes. I almost puked and felt disgraced to be human from one scene in episode four... It was probably one of the hardest hitting episodes I've seen in an anime for a long time, especially considering they managed to do it all in one episode. Otherwise though, it's great.

Kokoro_Hane
06-22-2011, 01:40 AM
^ Ooh, you mean the Nina episode??? That was so sad! It was also sad in the manga and in the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

Ozzaharwood
06-26-2011, 01:42 AM
YES. It was horrible... D:

Well, I'm on episode 50 of FMA Brotherhood now, and have just DLed a tonne of anime to watch in the upcoming future:
Soul Eater
FLCL
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Panty and Stocking
Lucky Star
Haruhi Season 2 + The Disappearance of Haruhi
Claymore

Currently have about 230 GBs of anime on my hard drive right now. I think I may get a TB external one soon.

I also plan on watching Black Lagoon and a few others when I get the chance. If anyone has any suggestions for other good anime to watch, you'd be doing me a huge favour by telling me about 'em. Thanks!

Outcast
06-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Fucking christ man, do you really need to keep all that?

Finished the 8th ms team, going to watch war in the pocket now

LVUER
06-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Well, I also keep all my anime. My 800GB and 1TB HDD are all full of animes (and mangas). And my collection is still keep growing.

trilokcool3
06-26-2011, 05:03 AM
me watching
INAZUMA ELEVEN
nd
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN.

BozeSG
06-26-2011, 06:01 AM
If anyone has any suggestions for other good anime to watch, you'd be doing me a huge favour by telling me about 'em.
I just started rewatching some of the arcs in gintama(aka the best anime in the universe), so the first thing that comes to my mind is gintama, but from the animes you're watching right now i guess that you still haven't tried out sth like "monster" or "paranoia agent", so you can try them out too, specially monster cause its a masterpiece (you might not like paranoia agent)... you can try watching baccano(i strongly advise you to do so), it's only 12 eps(16 wuth the ova), and kara no kyoukai movies are not bad either... oh, and watch kino no tabi, there's no way that you won't like it.

Ozzaharwood
06-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Okay, awesome. Thanks. I'll check all of them out; I've heard good things about some of them from a few other sources as well.

Byakuran
06-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Duude i tell you to watch Gintama all the time, i recommend it to everyone. its so awesome /total fangirl

I love watching Yondemasuyo Azazel-san, only one episode is 12 min :( ,,
I kinda gave up on the money of possibility and soul.. watching it half-assed but oke
Anohana ended..its p. good anime like drama and for people to cry at >.> (i didn't)
And Hanasaku Iroha like the only shoujo this season >.> its oke.

I need something good to watch..

Outcast
06-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Finished MSG: 0080, almost done with King Gainer and I'm starting up Xam'd: Lost Memories.

Byakuran
06-30-2011, 10:53 AM
yay for sket-dance !

Whoah outcast you've been on a mecha-streak?

LVUER
07-01-2011, 03:02 AM
0083! I wish they release the full version of that series. And F-91 too.

GrayFullbuster
07-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Fairy Tail. All that I want is in it. Comedy, Drama, Shounen and more.

Byakuran
07-05-2011, 08:02 AM
FFFFFFFF Gintama is so awesome. They started a new epic arc just when the other epic arc ended. I'm so spyched.

Ozzaharwood
07-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Decided to watch Black Lagoon and Tenjou Tenge as soon as I finish the pile I just downloaded. I also have a few others in mind as well...

ram
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
man mahou madoka isn't really the type of mahou shoujo anime you would likely see every year!
the story became really awesome after episode 9 and 10 and everything make sense!
even though i'm a guy i really liked it!

Outcast
07-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Finished Xam'd going to watch Stardust Memory then IGLOO.

LVUER
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Just recently finished watching Gundam 0083:Stardust Memories, Angel Beats, and Sky Girls. Right now I'm going patiently waits for new episode of Tiger and Bunny.

Matt
07-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Magical Girl Madoka has been getting a lot of popularity recently, and I think I'll check into it at some point. Before I was really into anime, I thought I'd like magical girl anime because it had two things I liked: cute girls and action, and the best cute girls/action combination remains Higurashi. So yeah, I'm gonna be watching Madoka at some point here.

Also, the Tenjo Tenge manga was a combination of beautiful art and crappy story. I hope, though, that the anime will clear up all of the 95% of the story I WTF'd at.

ram
07-09-2011, 06:12 AM
yeah if i have to rate my all the anime i watched from 1-10 i would give mahou shoujo madoka 10,
it's now one of my top 10 favorite anime!
i would rate 1 for shugo chara!
3 for sailor moon!
4 for card captor sakura
and other anoying mahou shoujo out there i would just rate them zero!

EDIT!
BAKA TO TEST TO SHOUKANJU SEASON 2 IS NOW OUT!! SO THAT'S WHAT I'M CURRENTLY GONNA WATCH!

BozeSG
07-11-2011, 05:24 PM
From the animes in this season im watching:

-Kami-sama no memo chou (nice for a detective anime, at least the first ep was)
-Mawaru Penguindrum (im expecting a lot from this one, im hoping for something completely unique)
-No.6 (some people say that this is a shounen-ai, but i dont think so. at least im hoping it's not because i like futuristic animes a lot)
-Usagi Drop (im hoping for this one to become something like yotsubato, since we wont be getting an anime adaptation from it)

-Sacred Seven (too typical so i dropped it)
-Nyanpire the animation (...)

Byakuran
07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
MAWARU PENGUINDRUM!!

Loved the first ep, probably going to be my favourite this season, can't wait for the rest of the episodes xD

Afrobit
07-15-2011, 03:10 AM
-No.6 (some people say that this is a shounen-ai, but i dont think so. at least im hoping it's not because i like futuristic animes a lot)
)

It is, but it's too good to drop for that reason. It's just one small part of it.

Mawaru Penguin Drum started off amazing. It's my favorite of the summer season currently. The animation and odd style of it really makes it stand out among the other shows.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée: HHNNGNGGGG Very relaxed, slow-paced show and the main girl is adorable. (not for all, but I recommend i.)

For those who haven't seen Madoka yet: Watch it now. It's like the best show aired so far for 2011.

Macross Frontier: This would be the awesome-st anime had they made the lead guy a female or the two girls went lesbians for each other.

Renzokuken
07-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann because I am slow.

Byakuran
07-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Yeah i really like Mawaru Penguin Drum... i wish i had more episodes i cant wait a week :P
Also i dropped No.6 2 cuz of the shounen ai >__> but im still not sure if its shounen ai, if they dont make out and stuff s'cool.

:O i didn't watch madoka because i thought it was yuri >__> whoops... ill check it out

sket dance is still p. good i daresay.

LVUER
07-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Shakufuku no Campanella. Man, I really want to play the Visual Novel, but I can't read Japanese (TT___TT)

Rio
07-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Can't you try finding translations somewhere? Most good VN's have fans translating the text...

ram
07-16-2011, 05:20 AM
i'm watching mayo chiki.. lol it's far too funny stuffs.... although the echiness is far too high... not as high as sora no otoshimono though

BozeSG
07-18-2011, 04:02 PM
i just finished watching seto no hanayome, it's the second most funniest anime i've ever seen after gintama...

Byakuran
07-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Shakufuku no Campanella. Man, I really want to play the Visual Novel, but I can't read Japanese (TT___TT)

There are like programs for games to translate the text right or something?

Has anyone checked out Double-J and found the picture in it misleading.... XD?

LVUER
07-19-2011, 12:38 AM
I heard there are programs like that, but the result is very unsatisfactory (and they are expensive too)...

I haven't checked Double-J but have seen pictures of this game from various sites. Is there something wrong?

Ozzaharwood
07-19-2011, 12:33 PM
i just finished watching seto no hanayome, it's the second most funniest anime i've ever seen after gintama...

YES. That anime is amazing but it's not well known, which sucks.

Everyone ready for this? I have an epic list of anime to-be-watched. Here it goes:

Downloaded and to be watched:
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Sora No Otoshimono Forte
Black Lagoon
Rozen Maiden
School Rumble
Tenjou Tenge
Panty and Stocking
FLCL
FullMetal Panic / Fumoffu
Maria Holic Alive
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell / Stand Alone Complex

Currently Watching:
Lucky Star - One of my favourite comedies.
A Certain Sciientific Railgun - Starting to get good. Really high quality and not very well known.

I'm hoping to finish all of them before Summer ends but I doubt it'll happen.

Byakuran
07-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I heard there are programs like that, but the result is very unsatisfactory (and they are expensive too)...

I haven't checked Double-J but have seen pictures of this game from various sites. Is there something wrong?

ITS MISLEADING I DARESAY.

http://www.gogoanime.com/images/double-j.jpg

when i watched it:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KSpe6cjhqyo/Tg5_bQQSp8I/AAAAAAAAAA0/bjrthelIeWI/s1600/&#37;255BHiryuu%255D%2BDouble-J%2B01%2B%255B1280x720%2BH264%2BAAC%255D%2B%255B40 8D61A9%255D.mkv_snapshot_01.21_%255B2011.07.01_22. 15.36%255D.jpg

:/?

Arashi500
07-21-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm watching C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. It's really weird, but it has a pretty cool concept and really good 3D animated scenery.

BozeSG
07-21-2011, 04:54 PM
C started great but was disappoint...

Jpg
07-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I am watching Rurouni Kenshin right now, just finished watching FMA Brotherhood and Death Note, and they were amazing.

I tried to watch Baccano, but it was pretty weird and boring. Anybody watch it?

BozeSG
07-21-2011, 06:46 PM
you just not called baccano boring...

the only part with baccano that might become confusing is the first ep and that wont happen if you keep up with the time that the events are taking place. seriously dude, baccano is the best 13 ep anime ive ever watched... you'll regret missing it, trust me. the characters are all awesome and the storytelling is perfect (of course it might be just my love for the "parallel" type stories).

Lucifer
07-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I just finished watching Buso Renkin the other night, not too bad.

Renzokuken
07-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I just finished watching Buso Renkin the other night, not too bad.

I hated the ending.

Byakuran
07-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I wanted to watch baccano only because of Durarara xD but i never really did watch it....

I'm watching Natsume Yuujinchou now, its p. good. after that i'll watch the Zoku Natsume one... but like i said it's p. good.

Black_Shaggie
07-24-2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTTCUzmHKvI&feature=player_detailpage

Soul Eater because something's wrong with my Direct TV. But it's surprisingly interesting.

Ozzaharwood
07-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Soul Eater was really good. Claire the Cat is the best obv

Lolno, it's sorta slow in the beginning, but then it picks up and gets really good. If anyone hasn't seen it, they definitely should add it to their to-watch list.

Byakuran
07-24-2011, 11:43 PM
i was going to but my bro told me it sucked so :l ....

also i usuaully dislike otome-games anime but UTA NO PRINCE SAMA is so cute.... i mean like the art style aaaaaand its liek boyband in an anime.... its strangly very attractive...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HL7-1-STIY