PDA

View Full Version : Goats, chickens and ducks.

ladyannette
04-16-2011, 10:34 PM
One of the reasons I've picked up drawing is becasue I live in the middle of nowhere on a mini farm. So as I was boredly cruising the forum, I decided to start a discussion about the interesting animals the various members might own.

Myself, I have 18 goats, somewhere about 30 chickens (and will soon have about 25 more for meat), three ducks (I'm going to have a few more on Wednesday), three cats and a dog.

Does anyone else on this forum have a similar case? Or do you have an ant farm in your bedroom? Or a colony of hampsters?

GunZet
04-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Holy hell...whoa...well at one point I did have a cat who had 6 kittens. And I took care of em all....although their mom disappeared.

Evil_Cake
04-16-2011, 11:09 PM
what are u going to do with all those goats?

ladyannette
04-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Eat some of them, sell some of them, milk the girls.

6 kittens, that's alot. (I'm allergic to cats)

ClockHand
04-16-2011, 11:21 PM
I have one dog, is a Maltese and is named Martín Luther King Jr.

ladyannette
04-16-2011, 11:23 PM
My aunt has a Maltese. It doesn't like me. :(

ClockHand
04-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Probably has been spoiled.

Kodos
04-16-2011, 11:41 PM
I used to have three dogs.

Then old age happened :(

ladyannette
04-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Aww.... Old age is awful. It caused one of our goats to miscarry.

LVUER
04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
I used to have several birds (expensive ones). I, along with my dad, raised them all starting from eggs. One of bird (a canary) was old and I released it to the wild. But it only flew in circle before went back to its cage. And it's tame enough to eat from my hand. Too bad it was eaten by a stray cat which I don't know how it could get in... T_T if I could get my hand on that cat, I'll make sure it'll regret ever being born into this world!

The rest are die because of old age. I was several times try to marry them, but the male bird I have was so vicious that it attacked all females brought to it. And because by that time (around their death), it was the time when the new strain of bird flu is everywhere (you STILL remember that, don't you? Don't dare to say you're all already forgotten), I decided not to raise another bird. Too risky...

I also once have fishes, frogs, and turtles. But they are all past stories. Now I only have one old poodle (not going to raise another one for some time) and freaking lots of lobster (I was going to eat or sell them, but now I can't bring myself to eat them, they are too cute...)

jubeh
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
I have a badass dog that has survived like every dog disease known to man. He's really old now though and I don't think he has much time left. ):

ladyannette
04-17-2011, 12:20 AM
I like lobster.... it's yummy. lol

Aww... I always hate it when old age plays it's dirty game. It takes and steals, only only gives heartache and pain.

butternut
04-17-2011, 01:13 AM
I had a dog when I was around 6 or so, and we had to give it away because we couldn't take care of it (me and sister were at school, both my parents used to work, and it used to feel lonely during the day and cry). Still we used to visit it sometimes, it even ran away to our home twice when it saw us on the road! Afterwards, don't know what happened - old age or accident, never heard from them again. =(

There are loads of stray cats around our home (actually 2 or 3 which kept giving birth over the years). Most of them run away from human contact, but one of them was brave enough to stay, but stay away. I used to feed her milk since she was little. Now she's all grown up and not so shy anymore. She even had loads of litters, but most of them either perished or went away. So currently I have the cat (Blackie) and her kitten (Julie). They're not exactly pets, but we feed them, play with them, and generally try to keep them safe from dogs and birds.

I don't think they'll be there after this summer, coz all of us are going away for around 3 months.

LVUER
04-17-2011, 01:51 AM
I like lobster.... it's yummy. lol
Just be careful with your cholesterol...

GunZet
04-17-2011, 11:35 AM
I had a dog when I was around 6 or so, and we had to give it away because we couldn't take care of it (me and sister were at school, both my parents used to work, and it used to feel lonely during the day and cry). Still we used to visit it sometimes, it even ran away to our home twice when it saw us on the road! Afterwards, don't know what happened - old age or accident, never heard from them again. =(

There are loads of stray cats around our home (actually 2 or 3 which kept giving birth over the years). Most of them run away from human contact, but one of them was brave enough to stay, but stay away. I used to feed her milk since she was little. Now she's all grown up and not so shy anymore. She even had loads of litters, but most of them either perished or went away. So currently I have the cat (Blackie) and her kitten (Julie). They're not exactly pets, but we feed them, play with them, and generally try to keep them safe from dogs and birds.

I don't think they'll be there after this summer, coz all of us are going away for around 3 months.

Lol. I named one of the kittens I had Blackun. But always pronounced it 'blackened' after the Metallica song.
Hope they're all doing alright O.o we had to give the remaining 4 away. Two didn't make it, and I tried so fking hard!

Blue_Dragon
04-17-2011, 01:22 PM
We've always had dogs, generally Shar Pei (back before most people had heard of them.)

I have a Boston Terrier now, Julius Malcolm. And a cat my sister couldn't keep, Giavani Versace. I had a hamster named Garp that a coworker brought it cause he'd found it in a box on his porch with an empty beer can by it. But Garp escaped his cage and ran off with some hussy field mouse.

Ozzaharwood
04-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I had 3 cats when I was born, they died when I was like 7. We got 2 more cats, then another one about a year later, then the year later one died like 3 years later and we bought a new one. Now I have 3 cats again. O_____O

Their names are Kiwi, Pnut and Oz. No, we weren't hungry when we named them and no, my user isn't named after my cat nor is my cat named after my user.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-17-2011, 07:36 PM
I got a badass sausage dog. He eats people and is a total rebel.

ladyannette
04-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Yay sausage dogs!

sorry Oz, I'm allergic to cats./fail

HardToExplain
04-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I have two dogs. A bad ass German Shepard named Rex and a Labrador named Megumi.

Blue_Dragon
04-18-2011, 10:39 PM
It's awesome your dog's named Rex :P It's the quintessential dog name :)

LVUER
04-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Like Shiro for (Japanese) dog name, right?

Blue_Dragon
04-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah. People used to name their dogs Fido a lot, too, back in the day (fido means faithful I think in Latin...or something similar.)

http://www.names-meanings.net/name/fido

I don't know why they named dogs "Rex" back then...Hm...I should look it up.

Edit:
Duh, I forgot. Rex means King (Oedopus Rex...just remembered, T-Rex.)

butternut
04-19-2011, 04:53 AM
Lol. I named one of the kittens I had Blackun. But always pronounced it 'blackened' after the Metallica song.
Hope they're all doing alright O.o we had to give the remaining 4 away. Two didn't make it, and I tried so fking hard!

I know! kittens are so hard to protect.

Two years ago, there were two of them, and we couldn't let them out of the house on their own for playing because of predators. One of us always had to be there and we had to constantly watch them. We gave them away to a hopefully safer area.

And then there was one last year called Honey. Mom and Dad went out of town for like 2 days, and when they returned they found that she was killed. Whether by her own mom or another tom-cat that strays, we still don't know because usually no other cat except the mom and her kittens usually come inside the house. But anyway, after that mom became more strict with it, now, no animal is allowed inside the rooms or the kitchen.

Slurpee
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
A while ago my Aunt MJ bought a little baby chick. And then it became a big rooster named Ronald. I loved Ronald. He was really cool.. One day I was eating chicken at her house, and I asked her where Ronald was.

It turns out Ronald tastes pretty good. :(

Zoe
04-19-2011, 11:52 PM
I've always wanted pets but my apartment doesn't allow any. ;-;

I've had tons of fish though. My beta fish Henry I though IV (I was going to go until I got up to 8, but when the last one died I didn't bother to get another), and then tons and tons of goldfish when I was younger. They're all dead now, but some of those mofos lived till they were like 5. They were huge and fat.

Once I move out I want to get a hedge hog, and a kitten.

Slurpee
04-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Is it legal to keep pigs as pets?

Hell_Baron
04-20-2011, 07:54 AM
i've got a shitload of germs living in my bathroom, does that count?

Blue_Dragon
04-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Only if you've named them

HardToExplain
04-20-2011, 06:50 PM
It's awesome your dog's named Rex :P It's the quintessential dog name :)

I named my dog Rex because of this show that was on at the time. It was called "Rex, o Cão Polícia" which means Rex the Police Dog. It was a pretty popular show back then.

butternut
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
After raising like 2-3 litters and 2 generations of cats, i just realized i'm obsessed. I'm doing cat jigzaw puzzles on the Animal planet website now. O.O

Sylux
04-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Saphira is...
a.) Too good with math
b.) Exceedingly considerate
c.) A crazy cat lady
d.) A creeper
Choose carefully in your judgment, children. It may mean the difference between immediate gratification of a creamsicle and life.

butternut
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey, whatever I am, I am NOT a plant!

Sylux
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM
You have been reading William Golding for far too long.