PDA

View Full Version : Anime you want a new season of or remake of

Ozzaharwood
04-15-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm going to start off and say there has to be a second season of Angel Beats. If there isn't, I'll be really disappointed... (Plus that epilogue that they showed HAS to lead to something)

Any anime that you guys think deserves a second season or remake?

jubeh
04-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Fist of the north star in its entirety.

ClockHand
04-15-2011, 08:17 PM
No one.

Most good animes I have seen don't need a next season, and the bad ones, well why would you want another season of that?

LVUER
04-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Gun Slingergirls, Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima. All of them have a very disappointing 2nd season despite having a very good 1st season (I wonder why). So I want their second season to be remade.

And I want 2nd season of Working! and Kannagi.

Ozzaharwood
04-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Zero No Tuskaima has a third season and the fourth one starts this April... Maybe they'll be able to patch it up with the fourth.

I was going to start Shakugan no Shana, I think I will now. The second season is disappointing though?

Arashi500
04-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Spice and Wolf needs another season, I konw that much. A new Magical Pokaan also couldn't hurt, seeing as it never had a real plot to begin with.

Hayashida
04-16-2011, 12:06 AM
There's a lot of material from the cromartie manga that wasn't used in the anime, so it'd be cool if they made another anime series with the stuff they didn't put in the one that's out now.

DrPumpkin
04-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Pokemon should be remade, me reckons.

LVUER
04-16-2011, 04:51 AM
It won't be necessary. They will make a new series anyway... with same protagonist, different side-characters with same faces, and those clones soldiers that disguise themselves as police officers and nurses.

DrPumpkin
04-16-2011, 07:33 AM
As in an actual, proper, reboot.

More as in the vein of the Pokemon adventures manga. Y'know, something with plot and something that dosen't make accidental innuendos every episode.

Evil_Cake
04-16-2011, 05:14 PM
just like most of the games the anime shouldnt have plot

Hayashida
04-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Man the indigo pokemon series was awesome tho

ClockHand
04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
When I was a kid, I remember there was a manga of pokemon that was pretty awesome (for my age), where pokemons kills each others, team rocket drug pokemons to be more berserk and the main character was stupid and mess his rivals pokemons (they switch be mistakes their pokemons and the rival end making the main character pokemons a lot better and the main character untrain'd his rivals pokemons).

Lucy
04-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Fist of the north star in its entirety.

YES.

A version of Elfen Lied which follows the actual manga would be cool.

LVUER
04-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Pumpkin Scissors! How I could forget about this one...

Jake
04-16-2011, 09:52 PM
YES.

Hell yes

ClockHand
04-16-2011, 10:14 PM
YES.

No plz.

I love'd the anime (until almost the end when become awful). And I hate the manga, the story was pretty bad worked, everything was very random, the ex machinas and others where over used, and the draws... oh for buddajew what the hell were those draws!!!

Evil_Cake
04-16-2011, 11:13 PM
i like people getting torn up in fights but almost every fight in that manga ended with a random distraction then die

ClockHand
04-16-2011, 11:15 PM
The whole story is like that.

Fight > distraction > die > fight > ex machina > die > repeat.

Lucy
04-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Eh, whatever. I still likey.

Kodos
04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Ghost in the Shell SAC. I could watch that show forever.

Outcast
04-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Full Metal Panic! would be nice it's ending was pretty open ended.

Ozzaharwood
04-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Darker Than Black needs a third season. If Renzo was here I'm sure he'd agree.

ClockHand
04-17-2011, 02:51 PM
I would like a remake of darker than black where they change the anime style for something more dark. Like I couldn't took serious the entire serie just because the anime style doesn't match the subject.

Ozzaharwood
04-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, when I started to watch it I didn't like the animation that much either. Once I got into though, I got used to it and I'm glad I did because the story was worth it. It's like all Key animation's anime, if you can get passed the big moe eyes you'll enjoy the story.

ClockHand
04-17-2011, 04:12 PM
For my the animation and the style has as much importance as the story, especially in this case where I need something more dark.

Darker Than Black end being shinner than what I expected.

Nyarlathotep
04-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Darker than Black has three seasons, if you count the sequel. I didn't really like the sequel, though... it didn't really add much to the series.

Ozzaharwood
04-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Three seasons? You mean the OVA? because I didn't really count that.

Nyarlathotep
04-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Nope, a 12 episode season titled 'Darker Than Black: Gemini Of The Meteor' or something like that - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darker_Than_Black:_Ryūsei_no_Gemini

Ozzaharwood
04-18-2011, 06:30 AM
That's the second season. There is a first one and four OVA's before it, but that's it.

Nyarlathotep
04-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Ah, okay... I define seasons to be about 12-13 episodes, so yeah.

GunZet
04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
I'd like a remake of S-Cry-Ed just for graphical updates and effects.
I'd also love a new season of Samurai Champloo.

jubeh
04-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Champloo had one of the best endings of all time a new season would be offensive and retarded

ClockHand
04-18-2011, 06:39 PM
I'd also love a new season of Samurai Champloo.

Are you fucking joking?! That serie don't need more seasons, its fucking perfect just as it is.

jubeh
04-18-2011, 06:52 PM
It's so tightly contained and wrapped up so nicely.

ClockHand
04-18-2011, 07:13 PM
It is, that why I said: good animes don't need more season.

jubeh
04-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah but this thread is also about remakes

ClockHand
04-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, remakes can be more acceptables. Like a remake of Monster, because the animation and the colours didn't respect the talent in the manga. A remake more dark of darker than black, or stuffs like that.

But more seasons is always a bad idea, just watch Heros.

Arashi500
04-18-2011, 10:58 PM
not always Clock, hence my examples. Sometimes a good anime just doesn't get enough seasons to tell it's whole story.

ClockHand
04-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Then is not a good anime, LOL.

Arashi500
04-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Have you ever seen it? It's brilliant, it just requires more than the 2 seasons it currently has to fully tell it's story. That the story can't be told in 24 episodes=bad anime is terrible logic.

ClockHand
04-18-2011, 11:14 PM
No, is a fantastic and enough logic.

If a anime or serie can't be told in the amount of episodes planed, then the approach in the story as how was told was bad, making the anime bad, by the simple fact that was bad scripted.

By example, if a movie can't told everything in the amount of time it has, then the movie fails. The same goes to anime or tv shows, because they need to tell a story and they have a limit, that why the creatores and writters need to take the best approach to make use of this time.

A good serie don't need more time, because was told in a efficient and perfect way. Example: FLCL, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy bebop, and so.

jubeh
04-18-2011, 11:45 PM
As I understand the creators know how many episodes they're going to have to work with. Editing things for length is part of the art of film, and television.

Arashi500
04-18-2011, 11:55 PM
In most cases yes, but not all. Situational problems can change the planned schedule and the outcome of the product, example: the source material for an adaption not coming out the expected time leaving no source material for the adaption forcing it to draw out what it has already, hindering it. Also often a 12-13 episode series alone isn't enough time to compress a longer story, meaning more seasons would be required to complete it, and if the first season is expected to be good, they can expect funds for a second, which isn't always the case.

Not to mention wanting a new season for a series, and a series needing one are two different things. Spice and Wolf's story needs another season to be complete, but it still stands as a great anime with the seasons it has, and MagiPoka is fine as is, since like many American cartoons it has no continuity, meaning another isn't needed, but it could add to the series and improve it further.

jubeh
04-19-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm not dealing in absolutes like clock is but I'm also not talking about a series being adapted from another source. I can get why that would mess up a schedule, but I don't necessarily think every comic needs to be animated. But that's for another thread. I'm talking about original animated features.

ClockHand
04-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm working with a friend who study Cine, and with him we are most of the time writing stories to be filmed. The latest is a story that happens in a range of time of 2 weeks (we need to create the feeling of time) and is a horror type story (we need to attract the viewer). But the problem for us (as writers of the story) is that we have 20 minutes time limit of film.

Thats how us as creative and smart people (I like to think we are smart), we need to tell the story in a way that gave a sense of time and deepness. And if the story feels that "It needs more time", then we fail as a writers, and the story fails.

If a problem happens, the writers need to solve it. If the story is to long, the writers need to solve it. If the story has no thesis, then the writers need to solve it. Because if they don't, the story has failed.

FLCL is a complex and depth story, and was made in 6 perfect and glorious episodes.

Now, you can throw me Donnie Darko, a amazing serie but only in the dvd version the movie explained everything. This is not because the story was bad told. It was because the story was to complex, and the extra on the dvd was to make it easier to understand. Also in this case it wouldn't be considered a new season or a next movie (and to be fair the sequel of Donnie Darko is awful, and is awful because stupid people who though the story need more, did a sequel).

GunZet
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Are you fucking joking?! That serie don't need more seasons, its fucking perfect just as it is.

No. I'm not joking. The ending was freaking great but I can't help but wanting an extension.

I'd also like a remake of the Tenjou Tenge anime. It just didn't capture the feel of the manga. It's like they censored it. The manga is total brutal, but wtf is the anime doing...

Arashi500
04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Obviously it's a problem for the writers of the show if it's an original animation, as opposed to an adaption, but a large share of anime are adaptions from either manga or light novels, and constraining the story to the new medium, garnering new fans via the medium, and appeasing fans of the original, all of which can conflict. The length or addition to a work doesn't automaticaly make it worse, nor does shortening it. FLCL IS a perfect example of how you can project an in-depth story in a short ammount of time, but the story itself is also relatively short. In short: The ammount of time it takes to tell a story is no indication of whether or not said story is bad.

It's kind of like saying you don't want any sequels to video games because the game is fine as is. A sequel does not ruin the pre-exsisting game, or it's story, just by being a sequel. It just adds on to it.

jubeh
04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
No. I'm not joking. The ending was freaking great but I can't help but wanting an extension.

I can't see a reason for wanting a champloo sequel that isn't selfish. Can you tell me how the story could benefit from a sequel

It's kind of like saying you don't want any sequels to video games because the game is fine as is. A sequel does not ruin the pre-exsisting game, or it's story, just by being a sequel. It just adds on to it.

Games are fundamentally different why would you even say that. You can release a game sequel to refine mechanics, to balance gameplay, and to include new features. Not to mention an earlier game in the series is going to be held back by the technical limitations of the time. And it is completely possible for a game to make the previous iterations obsolete. I think you need a better analogy.

Rio
04-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Speaking of remakes.... it seems like Rurouni Kenshin is getting one (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/18/new-rurouni-kenshin-anime-series-in-production/).

GunZet
04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I can't see a reason for wanting a champloo sequel that isn't selfish. Can you tell me how the story could benefit from a sequel
For my own selfish reasons. I just want more Champloo...maybe I'll get the game.

jubeh
04-19-2011, 03:30 PM
@ Rio - That's cool. I remember reading in the manga that the creator was pretty unhappy with the anime adaption.

ClockHand
04-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Gunz@ Selfish ideas like that, is what create continuations of perfects series that end destroyed and raped. If you really love it, let it go (or everything is going to be raped).

Arashi@ Animes that are adapted from mangas, are as it says: Adaptations. With this sayed, are not made what the manga is, but a synthesis or a reflection of what the manga is. And when people is hooked by the anime, are forced to keep going through the manga.

Also, the amount of time doesn't tell if a story is bad or not. It's the quality worked in that amount of time what tell us if the story is good or bad.

Now, there are adaptations that try to be what the manga is, and we all know how those fails. It destroy the Anime or the Manga, so we should never let a adaptation to be the original content (it doesn't make happy to the fans or the casual audience). Only few animes can gave themself this luxury, but at the end, everyone is going to go for the manga.

I agree with Jubeh with the videogame analogy: it's bad. But, we do make remakes of series or movies when the technology allows us to make it visually better (sadly, it can rape the story... we don't have better technology to make better writers).

rio@ I want to see the new Makoto Shishio.

GunZet
04-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Gunz@ Selfish ideas like that, is what create continuations of perfects series that end destroyed and raped. If you really love it, let it go (or everything is going to be raped).

True. . . Bah.

Arashi500
04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Games are fundamentally different why would you even say that. You can release a game sequel to refine mechanics, to balance gameplay, and to include new features. Not to mention an earlier game in the series is going to be held back by the technical limitations of the time. And it is completely possible for a game to make the previous iterations obsolete. I think you need a better analogy.

You can have a sequel that refines the animation, develops character back stories, ect. A better analogy may be in order, books for example, but it still stands.

Also, yay Rurouni Kenshin remake.

@ ClockHand I agree thats it's the quality that matters. Anime adaptions from manga aren't always worse then the manga (most of them are, but still), and people who got hooked on the anime may not be able to access the manga, or not enjoy comics as a medium, or like me with some series, the battles in manga are hard to keep track of due to bad planning on the artists part leaving me unable to tell whats going in fast paced scenes.

ClockHand
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Accept your defeat mortal WUAJAJA

Ozzaharwood
04-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Clannad was (IMO) one of best anime ever created, and if it didn't have a second season it'd prolly suck. Squishing too much story into a small space would make an anime, or anything really, bad.

ClockHand
04-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Ozz@ I disagree, how is possible that Nolan did a great job to put in discussion what the comic books did in Dark Knight and doing it in a extremely synthetic and new way? How was possible that Peter Jacksons did such adaptation of the Lord of The Ring books (we all know that he took away many things, but is considered one of the best book adaptations)? Or The Clockwork Orange (its a book) or The Fight Club (another book)?

Any of those is 100% the same as the book, and it take away many things that are in the book. Even so, this movies are perfects adaptations, and are great.

Regantor
04-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Eva should get another remake!...

Lol, j/k.

Seriously, through, the new upcomming Appleseed series thing has me worried. The manga was incredible, but the CG movies they made a while back sucked... There is a 50/50 chance this new thing could be either super nice or mega fail. >_>

LVUER
04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
EVA already got a remake, right? In the form of Trilogy movie?

I hope this time they Kenshin ending truer to the manga counterpart (just like FMA:Brotherhood). But I'm willing it will, since if not, why bother the remake?

Regantor
04-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I was kidding, lul. It's been remade twice already, three times if you count the "death and rebirth" recap movie.

While I'm here, through, a new (longer) series of Blue Submarine No.6 would be excellent too. Or Generator Gawl. ʘ‿ʘ

LVUER
04-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I won't count Death and Rebirth as a remake since it's just a compilation of old/original series.

GunZet
04-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Eva just doesn't need any more than it already has...My brain has melted more than once already trying to figure out wtf is going on. Plus poor Auska.

LVUER
04-20-2011, 06:24 PM
One thing I hate from EVA is the symbolism. Some people love it though...

mhao005
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
i want a remake of the anime BECK..i want it to see it again with different songs.

ClockHand
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
What a remake of Beck needs:

-Better singer.
-Better animation (beck animation was awful).
-More Beat Crusaders.
-Extension of everything that happened in the manga.

Even so I don't need a remake because the manga was great enough for me.

BozeSG
05-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't want a remake for beck, i want a continuation... too bad beat crusaders have already broke-up.

anyway animes i want a continuation or remake for (in order of wantness):
-Groove Adventure Rave
-Rorouni Kenshin (looks like this one has something planned for it already)
-Baccano!
-Durarara!
-Claymore
-Kino no Tabi

Byakuran
05-09-2011, 03:12 PM
MOSHIDORA.... i want a second season and with lots lots lots of love.

And Skip beat.... im tired of reading ti it was cool and think it shoulve gotten further... and probably some other ones but cant remember the name ;D

Sparky-J
05-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I'd like to see a new Lupin III TV series, I hate having to wait around for a new TV special every year.

General_Marmalade
05-31-2011, 07:52 AM
Well I always wanted a remake of Tenjho Tenge....The original series really wasn't that great...though it did make me like read the manga but animation, voice acting(dub version) wasn't that memorable(especially Wendee Lee, that woman puts herself in everything)...so yeah and Berserk, but they're doing that now.......

Kokoro_Hane
06-21-2011, 09:11 PM
I hope they make another anime to continue Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. The first season and most of season 2 went by the manga plotline, then diverging after the Library Arc. Then there was the lovely OVAs that told what REALLY happened after the Library arc, Tokyo Revelations and Spring Thunder, sadly skipping Infinity and Celes (they NEED to make an OVA series of those arcs!). I think they need to make a new TRC series of the Clow Arc, as that's the story's climax. I think you could seriously make a short 1 season (12 episodes) series of that arc alone, since it is probably THE LONGEST arc of the series.

It's just a wish, but I hope they do! The manga was good, but it'd be amazing to see it in animated form. The battle scenes were like....EPIC! Especially in Volume 26.

Rio
08-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Looks like the anime will be remade. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-08-01/2011-hunter-x-hunter-anime-to-retell-story-from-start)

Hiroshi Koujina (Rainbow - Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin, Neuro - Supernatural Detective) will direct the anime at MADHOUSE (Death Note, NANA), and Jun Maekawa (Dragon Ball Z, Fresh Precure!) is in charge of the scripts. Takahiro Yoshimatsu ("Something Yoshimatsu" of Future GPX Cyber Formula, Slayers) is designing the characters, while Toshio Nakatani is producing. The cast is slated to be announced later.

I didn't mind the original anime and cast but I guess this is a good way to breath some new life for this series. I hope they don't add any lame fillers. <_<

ClockHand
08-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Why remade it? he should put his ass to work and finish the manga first. I think he is one of the few people who takes a hiatus of a year, to take another year more hiatus.

GunZet
08-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I wanna see S-Cry-Ed remade. The old series was pretty much perfect, but I can't get over that ending. Did Cougar die or what...they need to clear that crap up lol.

Renzokuken
08-02-2011, 04:43 PM
I wanna see S-Cry-Ed remade. The old series was pretty much perfect, but I can't get over that ending. Did Cougar die or what...they need to clear that crap up lol.

Dude, Cougar died. He sped too much...at least that's what I believe.

Kazuma or Ryoho?

GunZet
08-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Yea that's what I figured. But remember, Cougar already died once before and came back lol.
Gotta go with Kazuma.

Renzokuken
08-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh yeah... I wanted it to be Ryoho but the ending was left to viewer's interpretation. ):

JamBrandon531
08-04-2011, 11:14 PM
I want them to make an evangelion you know, because growing up in the neighborhood with women always giving me disrespect, I looked forward to seing Misato. You know, if Misato was real that was a dime piece.

Renzokuken
08-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Isn't there already an updated version of Evangelion?

Regantor
08-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Lul, It's been remade twice already, three times if you count the "death and rebirth" recap movie.

As for what I'm expecting for the future, I'm just looking out for stuff which is a little differant in the art department. Where are all our delicious Gurren Lagann rippoffs? Everything is still a bit too cutsey for me at the moment and I'm still buried in the 80/90s looking for more hidden gems. :o

CypressDahlia
08-08-2011, 02:15 AM
A new season of Samurai Champloo isn't really a selfish demand as you spend so much time delving into the backstories of Mugen and Jin that you kinda want to see WHERE they end up, as opposed to just assuming that they keep wandering. There's no closure.

Delphinus
08-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Serial Experiments Lain.

That show would have benefited enormously from having a higher budget. It doesn't really need re-interpreting or whatever, just a quality upgrade.

Even the intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDAeOatiooM) is quite obviously a budget thing.

Regantor
08-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Serial Experiments Lain.

Not sure I agree with this. The quality was pretty standard for the time (1998), or at least as much as you'd expect from something so avant gaurde. I also think the intro suits the series really well in that sort of "distorted old VHS tape" way...

Just don't see what is worth changing, really. >_>

Delphinus
08-08-2011, 08:30 AM
The quality was below standard for the time. The art is okay, but the animation is a bit jerky and there are numerous parts which use loops where a more complex approach would be better suited (e.g. the telephone lines should probably be using some sort of multiplanar effect with more layers than just the phone lines and the background). In the surreal sequences in the Wired, a more complex way of showing the flow of information would possibly be better suited than using shifting colours etc.

Because the internet is more like this than how Lain depicts it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUIBnElcLCM

Regantor
08-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I guess you are right about the loops and stuff; Even Eva's legendary lack of quality rarely resorted to such shortcuts. They are pretty well intigrated, but now that you mention it, such things are obvious.

As for the reprosentation of the internet... I think reprosenting it so honestly would have completely killed the concept of the series. Think about what the series would have been like even if it used memes accurate for the time (All your base, the dancing baby, what have you...)

Lain's gaunt, cut-off stoic nature was really alot more true to what internet people tend to be like rather than the hermogeny of bizzare aspects they like to reprosent themselves with. So in many ways the rather blank, lifeless reprosentation of 'the wired' was more correct.

It's also worth noting that Video Girl Ai basically exactly what you are talking about several years earlier, at least in terms of reprosenting the multimedia aspects accureately.

Overall, what I'm trying to say is that I think Lain is what it is. Updating the graphics or making it more presentable would only ruin it IMO.

A completely new anime running with the same themes would be watchable that said, esspecailly if it was made by studio bones.

Delphinus
08-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh, I agree it would have killed the atmosphere of it if you'd just done all the memes and such straight. But you can play happy things in such a way that they become sombre and bizaare, and when that's done I'd argue it's even more effective than using such an abstract depiction of the internet. The happy things don't make sense if you remove them from their context and place them somewhere more odd. Lain's theme of innocence lost fits well with this.

The classic use of such things is with the broken children's toys, cots, creepy dolls, blah blah blah, but I guess you could really use anything.

EDIT: remove HIM from this, and imagine it without dialog. The chanting voices and sound effects with the silent adverts etc. are pretty close to what I'm thinking of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTD1NDNFIg&start=252

Regantor
08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Eh. I guess. But we are getting pretty subjective at this point. Those kinds of themes can either come across as pretensions or brooding depending on who is actually watching it. Don't think it would really improve things myself, but that is also subjective.

For example, compare the imagery of the original GitS movie-

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uFE3caOYGF4/SX1ZvfthgLI/AAAAAAAAAIw/LKWrnaV0kzI/S740/2009_01010184.JPG

...with the Stand Alone Complex series-

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8yXaMYjihpQ/TU7lRAuPf3I/AAAAAAAAAA0/twA3hqwNYvs/s1600/Ghost.in.the.Shell.33016.jpg

The first intentionally plays off of an uncanny valley feel for Major Matoko, whilst in the second instance she is very much portrayed as an attractive woman. Is the first one truer to life? Is it 'deeper'?... Sure it is, but alot of people don't like the first movie because it comes across as very obnoxious symbolism on the part of the director. Neither has much to do with the manga version, to make things worse.

My point is, sometimes it is better not to try and make a point of something if it has no actual use within the series' original aesthetic. At that point it's more of a 'reinvention' than a 'update'. Does Lain have enough going for it without it's original temperament and atmosphere? Personally, I'm not so sure.

kaspar
10-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Trinity Blood, I just think the ending could of been better...

Captain_Neko
10-30-2011, 04:05 PM
D.gray Man, Murder Princess, and Mars Daybreak.

AudriCantDance
12-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

nuff said.

ClockHand
12-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

nuff said.

WHY?! WHY?!

The serie is perfect, never touch it.

GAbRieLWrIgHt
12-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Durararararararararara

Sylux
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
WHY?! WHY?!

The serie is perfect, never touch it.

If they kept the original animation and then added more frames it would honestly be better off.

AlmanacnamedTime
12-31-2011, 10:56 PM
The world god only knows new season.

Zekester014
02-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I would very much like another season of Chrome Shelled.

Despite the reason for ending it as is, They left such a cliffhanger that I can't help but want it to continue.

independant_cookie
02-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Rozen Maiden!

hansuke22
10-17-2012, 04:24 AM
i want a third season of kimi to boku!!
i really like it..

Tetsu Yawl
11-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I know jojo's bizarre adventure currently has its remake going on right now, but I'd really like it if it would have the same quality aqnd palette as the Star Crusaders one in the 90s :p it was so crisp and awesome :D

Demonfyre
11-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Soul Eater.

Black_Shaggie
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Umm...I'd love to see Record Lodoss War redone & Slayers..but more dramatic this time. Mofos need domore HOTD cuz that's the shizznick.

Rio
11-08-2012, 06:09 PM
It wouldn't be Slayers if it became more dramatic, imo. If anything, Slayers just needs more episodes. Anywhooo - personally, I would love it if they did a full Gunnm series. That would just make my day.... but I doubt it'll ever happen. T^T

nextweek
11-12-2012, 05:44 PM
FLCL

Joosh
11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
I second that NW.

Id really like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to make a 3rd season
Thatd be great

Saiyagal Sensei
11-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Another Gundam show. It's not like they haven't made enough of those. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously I wish they would make more Fullmetal Alchemist episodes. They seemed so short.

Rio
11-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Maybe it's because the series ended in about 27 volumes it seems like it was short. I wonder if Arakawa-san will ever consider going back into that world and creating another story based on it... :< Though it's kind of funny seeing look-alike characters in her new series. :p

Black_Shaggie
01-30-2013, 01:43 PM
It wouldn't be Slayers if it became more dramatic, imo. If anything, Slayers just needs more episodes. Anywhooo - personally, I would love it if they did a full Gunnm series. That would just make my day.... but I doubt it'll ever happen. T^T

I suppose you're right about Slayers. The campiness actually makes it what it is.

Uhhh....how about a remake of Dragon Warrior? That was a cool anime. Hell...there needs to be more fantasy anime period. IMO

MORE BEZERK TOO

Sylux
01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
KENICHI

ClockHand
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
There is going to be more Berserk on anime by the way. They are going to release it as 3 movies for the first arch and they are aiming to make more arches. I believe its going to be released in dvd in February for USA, not sure, anyway it looks good, with quite good production, just hopping they don't censor some stuffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiZAdz424GI

jubeh
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
That animation quality is really top shelf stuff. I don't even like berserk and I want to see it.

Evil_Cake
01-30-2013, 05:49 PM
KENICHI
:monkey_throwup:

ClockHand
01-30-2013, 06:02 PM
That animation quality is really top shelf stuff. I don't even like berserk and I want to see it.

I could stream the 2 movies that are out now. Or I could let everyone be independents and find them by themselves.

Gaff
01-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Saw the first couple of Berserk movies at Scotland Loves anime a couple of months back. I enjoyed them, but the hybrid 2D/3D animation has been very divisive. As you might expect, a lot of the character development's been left out too, so it might not be the best introduction for anyone not already familiar with the story.

Regantor
01-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Hum. If it wasn't for just that one dodgy-looking knight on the battlements, I wouldn't have said the CG was too obvious at all... What's it like for the rest of the actual movies, through? Noticable?

Gaff
01-30-2013, 08:01 PM
I think it kinda moves in and out. Sometimes you'd forget there was CG involved, but every now and again you'd get a little tick that reminds you. The battle scenes are undeniably impressive though. It's unlikely they'd have got anywhere near the same scale in 2D without a considerably larger budget.

Evil_Cake
01-30-2013, 08:02 PM
. Or I could let everyone be independents and find them by themselves.

f dat

ClockHand
01-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Anyway, the stream option is still up. There is only a slight problem with the second movie because it come with fixed japanese subtitles.