PDA

View Full Version : Succession fortress SilverAbbey!

RabbidHare
04-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Diary of Muthkat Asteshgamil

The trek from the mountain homes was a long one.. We started out with a full 20 dwarves and a spore of a lot of food an' booze. How did it all start? I suppose you could say we had a clan-wide fey mood. Of course, people came because of talk, and talk is cheap. That being so, many, in fact most of the dwarves left, and took the supplies with them, the basterds.
7 of us remained though, and we will build this place, SilverAbby, now not only because we are sick of the mountain homes, but also to show all those who left, the yellow bellies, and to show the nobles how a REAL fortress should be run, by Armoks beard, we will strike the earth!

Now that we are finally here, I shall take stock of what supplies and animals we have, then myself and Kel shall have to dig out a place in this mountain for us to stay in. .. That "sun" is making me nervous, quite a few times it has dipped "oh" so close to the floor, threatening to burn us all!!

Supplies
40 Units of meat.
60 barrels of drink.
16 Plump helmet spawn.
5 Pigtail-Sweetpod-dimplecup and cave wheat seeds.
2 Copper Picks.
1 Wooden axe.
5 Pig Tail Fibre Cloths.
5 Gypsum Plaster.
1 Bucket.
3 Cave spider Silk ropes.
9 Lumps of Bituminous Coal.

Livestock
2 Dogs
2 Cats
2Horse's
and 2 llama's

And they are all breeding pairs! Soon we shall have an army of llama's mwuahahaha!

((I "think this is the right forum :cat_hmp:))

RabbidHare
04-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Journal of Muthkat Asteshgamil
Early Spring. Year 201
Kel and myself have dug deep into the mountain. After digging out the main hallway, we mined in a large circle to build a storage area, everyone has really put their backs into it to move our items into afor mentioned area.
Unib Okolducim was kind enough to take up the mantle of farmer, she has told us that plump helmets, purple, tasty mushrooms, grow all year round, and should be enough to feed the rabble (basicly us). I have asked Vucar to start making booze and food, but she refuses to do anything unless we make her a workshop. Hrmph.. the wench.
Can't find the turkeys anywhere, they seem to have run off. Hope the traitorous birds get eaten by a dragon!!
Everyone keeps coming to talk to me when they have problems, what am I? A psychologist?

Mid Spring.
Dug downwards, very deep. Setting up a food storage area, dining hall, kitchen and still. Amazingly, we have struck many types of metal! this fort will almost definately become hugly rick! Mwuhahahaha! Maybe even richer than the Mountainhome of the king!
Vucar has finally started brewing wine. For that, I am grateful, our stocks were starting to get low.
No Bituminous coal yet, we will need some soon... Hrm.
~This next part is scarwled in hurried, fearful handwriting~
By Avus! I swear I can hear some strange clicking, clacking sounds! It makes my skin crawl to the point of me wanting to peel it off. Our mason, Sazir, says it is the sound of the ant folk.. please don't let us be making our home right above them..

Late Spring
We have finished carving out the "day to day" quaters, and will now carve out and construct the workshop, Avus knows we will need them. Aha.
We have cleared out a special area for the grazing animals to live, also added a wall to protect them from outsiders.
The large stockpile is starting to get mighty full from all the metal! We may even need to construct a new one.
Still no bituminous coal.. We may have to trade for some.
I have set the mason and carpentor to work constructing furniture, it's about time they got their hands dirty.
Note to self, tell Bomrek to make barrels next season.
It is the general consensus that we should move deeper underground, thus, we will all be living in the large empty room that will be the dining hall.
We are now digging out the bedrooms on the lowest level. Digging out more than we need, so that we won't have to worry about people sleeping on the floor when migrants arrive. See how smart dwavres are? Elves would never think of that. HA!
We have found gold on the bedroom level! Looks like someone (me) will be getting a very large, expensive (free) bedroom.