PDA

View Full Version : Games you want to see sequels or remakes of

GunZet
04-07-2011, 01:04 AM
I'll wait for those certain people to get here saying "BAWWW YOUR OPINIONS AREN'T MY OPINIONS, YOUR GAME CHOICES SUCK, HOW CAN YOU LIKE THOSE!?." But I'll have you know, you have all the rights in the world to kiss my arse and keep it moving. Now on to the topic.
:cat_hmp:

So what games would you guys like to see remade, or a sequel of?
I'll start off.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ed/Dark_Void.jpg
Dark Void - Remade:
It worked, and I liked the game actually. Can't say the same about a lot of people, but it was just epic to me. Loved the art style. But it could have definitely been polished a bit more. At times, it was indeed just a Gears-lite. I just can't help that I like the main character either, no matter how bad and cliche he is. And combat from any direction, even arial whenever you feel like it? +1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1a/Jet_Force_Gemini_box.jpg/250px-Jet_Force_Gemini_box.jpg
Jet Force Gemini - Remade:
Well...for the guys who've played this little gem back on the N64, you'd know that
There can't be a sequel because they basically shut all that off. There was no evil tyrant Myzar, instead, the giant bug was just a fking robot controlled by one of the tribal dudes jealous brothers, Jeff or some shit...hell if I remember. Either way, Floyd sacrificed himself. The dog, the sister, the brother, they all got honors, happily ever after :C.
But I'd really love it if somebody dug this up and brought it to the future. It was a great game for its time. And the little two player feature snuck in with the ability for a second player to control Floyd was awesome. Not to mention the mini-games found at random lol.
It was like a mix of everything righteous at the time, I'd love to play it again but it wouldn't be the same emulating it.
So Rare, if there's still part of you left, if you can hear me! Bring JFG back one day!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1f/EarthBound_Box.jpg/256px-EarthBound_Box.jpg
EarthBound (aka Mother2 for the Japanese version) - Rema- nvm
Scratch this. EB was/is a masterpiece as is. I have a feeling if they brought this game back to life it'd just look like the new Pokemon games. Oh, and fuk you Pokey...or was Pokey actually Giygas? Ah fuck whatever. I turned myself into a robot because of you, are you happy!?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/Bloody_Roar_2.jpg
Bloody Roar II - Remade
I sorta hate how the later BL games sorta threw away some of my favorite characters from the first and second one. But eh, the series is epic either way. I really just want another one lol.
I kinda feel that the newer ones are slower compared to the first few though. It's like MK3 vs MK4: I could bitchslap someone 5 million times over in MK3 while it takes you a lightyear to get one kick out in MK4.
Bakuryu ftw *both the old and young versions*.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Freemasonry/baphomet-pentagram.jpg
Doom 3 - Sequel
What the hell is Id doing!? I mean I know I know. Rage is looking kickass, but seriously. You could've used that time making the turbo-lame Quake Wars building on Doom4 and actually giving us Doom fans some hope.
Or maybe you're just pulling a Duke...yea, that must be it.
Guess I can wait 13 more years.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Rayforce_arcade_flyer.jpg/256px-Rayforce_arcade_flyer.jpg
Galactic Attack (aka RayForce aka Gunlock aka Layer Section aka blahblahblah BLAH) - remake or sequel
Remember playing this on my trusty Sega Saturn (almost the best console ever made in my books) when me and my little bro were actually brotherly. It was just a fking rip playing 2P, and just as good 1P. Back then I was amazed by the amount of detail thrown into this stuff, and it influenced my art a lot from a mechanical standpoint.
The gameplay was simple, sorta like every other arcade shmup, but there was just something special about this one.
I doubt it'll ever resurface the same way. I think there WAS a sequel made titled RayStorm (or Layer Section II), but the history of this game is kinda fking confusing with all the name changes. Anyway. I love it.
Internet...find it for me.
Developers, ignore the wannabe sequel and remake this version plox.
edit: Multi-lockon missiles, need I say moar.

Take it away guys! *points to a bald guy with super small glasses*

jubeh
04-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Nostalgia aside, mother 3 was better than earthbound imo. I don't mean that lightly since earthbound is my favorite game of all time. I have a feeling if they did remake it and itoi was involved, it would be totally different considering how much he has changed as a person.

Anyway this is going to sound insane but I'd like a remake of final fantasy 10 or at least a super touched up version. Fix not being able to control the camera, get rid of stupid gameplay bullshit like winning chocobo races to unlock ultimate weapons and getting one shotted during ambushes and then fill in all the plot holes.

Also a new rival schools would be neat.

Rare
04-07-2011, 02:59 AM
A game I really like and having a sequel to it i'd LUV is MorningStar-a point-and-click adventure game on daz internet that had a peprfect storyline and was really interesting. I'd love a sequel, either about the people in another situation, or a return to the strange desert planet.

I'd also like another game where you draw your own character on the ds, another sequel to the drawn to life series. I hated the second one but I loved the first one because it was simply amazing.

LVUER
04-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Rather than remaking or sequel, Mother series only need localization...

Game that I want a remake and/or sequel:
1. Terranigma (an under-appreciated real gem that left behind to dead.)
2. Virtual On (the "real" latest VON in the series is Oratoria Tangram, the rest is just a plain crap...)
3. Gunstar Heroes (same case with VON. Gunstar Super Heroes is crap. If they can't make a proper sequel, then just remake the first original game.)
4. Chrono Trigger (no Chrono Cross, please. I need a true successor of CT. Or at least remake it, not just porting it).

Lucy
04-07-2011, 04:26 AM
GOD HAND, the single most enjoyable game ever made.
I hope they don't scrap the current attempt at a release of Duke Nukem Forever. I want them to actually release it because I loved the first two when I was way too young to be playing them, though I hope people can get over the spanking multiplayer mode and the feces prop.
Big rigs. I'd love to see what people would say if they came out with a sequel which was one of the best driving games ever made or something like that.

ClockHand
04-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Jubeh@ Rival School remake/sequel ftw.

Lvuer@ There is already a remake of Chrono Trigger (and there is not one of Chrono Cross). And please don't ask for a sequel, in this couldn't work.

I would go for:

- Bayonetta. There are things I hate of the game, but I love how they try to take the beat'm up to a next leve. Bayonetta was a experiment, so obviously a sequel/prequel or a game with this same new game play mechanic would kick ass.

- Toy Story games. I want a remake of all the Toy Story games.

- Diddy Kong Racing. I don't want it for DS.

- Gex.

- Earthworm Jim. Oh yeah.

- Zombies Ate My Neighbors. With all the milking of zombies adds on, why not this?

- Kirby Super Star. One of the games I have most enjoyed in my life.

- Chrono Cross. Yeah I like it Lvuer, and It deserve a big chance.

Matt
04-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I'd love to see Pokemon with an active battle system or Touhou as an RPG with graphics as good as the fanart.

ClockHand
04-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Oh yeah, and Clay Fighter

PWhit
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I remember Clay Fighter, Jet Force Gemini, Earthworm Jim and Gex like the rest of them!! They were the best games I ever played when I was a kid! I'm usually against remakes of games but my personal exception would be the N64 Goldeneye. Not Goldeneye: Rouge Agent, not any other 007 game, just 007 Goldeneye.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I want Shenmue Sequels.
And they remade Goldeneye.

Kodos
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I'd love to see Pokemon with an active battle system
I'd thought of something similar, but really it is just a terrible idea. The fast Pokemon would immediately reduce all others to irrelevancy.

PWhit
04-07-2011, 03:35 PM
And they remade Goldeneye.

:O No Wai!

jubeh
04-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Man the active time battle system is the worst thing ever why would you want that in pokemon.

Also godhand is close to a perfect game so if anything an hd rerelease would be better than a remake.

Fenn
04-07-2011, 05:03 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51x6nTJsVUL._SL500_AA300_.gif

http://world-of-games.co.uk/Gamecube/album/wallpaper%5BF-ZeroGX%5D01.jpeg

http://f-zero.com/images/logo_f-zero.jpg

Please!

Kodos
04-07-2011, 08:17 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51x6nTJsVUL._SL500_AA300_.gif

http://world-of-games.co.uk/Gamecube/album/wallpaper%5BF-ZeroGX%5D01.jpeg

http://f-zero.com/images/logo_f-zero.jpg

Please!
http://freelanceastronauts.com/games.php?id=30

ClockHand
04-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't know how I could forget something like this, but I want Strider Hiryu!!!!

Science fiction ninja with robots evil organizations and incredible hard stages and bosses!!

http://img.listal.com/image/588332/600full-strider-hiryu-1-%252526-2-cover.jpg

Also, don't throw links of the playstation one, I'm saying a remake of the old to the actual gen.

LVUER
04-07-2011, 10:10 PM
@ClockHand:
There is? 0_0 Could you give me some links about it? Oh, or is it about the terminated Chrono Trigger fan-made game?

Lucy
04-07-2011, 10:34 PM
While it's not an RPG you might want to check out Koumajou Densetsu Scarlet Symphony. It's a Touhou game which plays like a classic Castlevania. The graphics and music are on par with one of the actual games, and some of the art they use in it is simultaneously some of the best fan art of Touhou. (example of freaking amazing arts from this game) (http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/144328-wall1_1280_wide.jpg)

Also godhand is close to a perfect game so if anything an hd rerelease would be better than a remake.
QFT. I wouldn't mind if they added a bunch more moves and upgraded the graphics and stuff a little, but God Hand as it is now should remain unchanged or I would kill someone. Also possibly adding the ability to replay a level without having to do the entire game again would be nice. I wanna fight me some Lucha Libre Gorillas. I wish Clover hadn't been dissolved.

Outcast
04-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Localization of Mana Khemia 2
Sequel to Dark Cloud 2
and I wish they would release the rest of the armored core series on the psn store, they released 3, silent line, and last raven, so why not the rest?

Hayashida
04-08-2011, 04:13 PM
A new Power Stone game would be pretty cool

Evil_Cake
04-08-2011, 04:26 PM
yeah or another one piece rip off of it

GunZet
04-08-2011, 04:26 PM
A new Power Stone game would be pretty cool

This times 5 billion zillion.
Man...I really wanna play that game again now. Wasn't a new one released for PSP or something?

CypressDahlia
04-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Zombies Ate My Neighbors, definitely. I agree with Clockhand.

Clay Fighter was an abomination, though (I still own the cartridge...sadly). And yes, Raystorm was the sequel to Rayforce. They're thoroughly mediocre SHMUPS, IMO, but the boss designs are unparalleled. Kamui is like the indie-game equivalent, except the gameplay is amazing.

Tech Romancer desperately needs a sequel.

Metal Arms also desperately, desperately needs a sequel. It was easily the most overlooked game of '03, but one of the best third person shooters I've ever played.

Terranigma needs a remake.

Megaman Legends 3 needs to be made.

Now that I think about it...I'm happy with most of my favorite games being standalone. But those four need it.

LVUER
04-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Outcast:
Mana Khemia 2 have been localized for quite some time. In fact, I've just bought it and I was late almost a year buying that game.

@CypressDahlia:
Terranigma, yeah, I'm completely agree with that ^_^ Too bad... The ending is too sad for me T_T

I heard a rumor that they will make Megaman Legends 3 for N3DS.

Outcast
04-08-2011, 08:17 PM
On ps2 which my ps3 no longer supports (fuck you sony. I love you)

sanny1064
04-08-2011, 09:54 PM
i wish i could say another guitar hero game, but it died. (R.I.P. guitar hero. those were some fun times we had)
a sequel i want SO FREAKING BADLY would be the world ends with you! A SEQUEL WOULD BE SO KICK ASS!!
and maybe if sonic team didn't f*Ck things up already, then i'd ask for a sonic adventure 3. but its too late. (R.I.P. GOOD sonic games. you will forever be remembered in the hearts of many gamers.)

Hayashida
04-08-2011, 10:35 PM
This times 5 billion zillion.
Man...I really wanna play that game again now. Wasn't a new one released for PSP or something?

idk I've only played the dreamcast one.

Rio
04-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I want a sequel to:
- Lunar: Eternal Blue
- Baton Kaitos
- Phantasy Star (an RPG not the MMO games they've turned into today)
- Gem Force (old SNES strategy game)
- Azure Dreams

Games that do have a sequel but were never released Stateside:
-Threads of Fate
-Dragon Force

...and that's all I can think of for the moment.

@Clock
Are you talking about Chrono Trigger that was released on the DS or the PS2? They weren't remakes, imo. They were the same game on a different platform with CG cut scenes. There's nothing basically new to it.

PWhit
04-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Phantasy Star! :o I second that!

Outcast
04-09-2011, 01:31 PM
But I like the new ones. :/

CypressDahlia
04-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Rio, if you liked Azure Dreams, you'd probably like Persona 3. Now that I think about it, they're almost essentially the same game lol.

jubeh
04-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Azure dreams is like a streamlined roguelike so you might just look into roguelikes in general. I would say check out the shiren the wanderer games since they're light rogues and will ease you into the genre.

LVUER
04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I have Shiren but I haven't play too far. Is in Shiren we could date girls like Persona 3 and Azure Dreams (both are my favorites too, too bad in Azure Dreams, you control a Ronald, not some cool heroes like in Persona series).

Rio
04-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I didn't think Persona had dating sim elements in it - I thought it was straight-up RPG. Well, thanks for the tip! I'll look into it some more.

Re: Shiren - I've know about the series but isn't it rather hard on the player? I thought there was a "if you die, you die" kind of thing in the game? Or am I mistaking it for another game (that pink-haired ninja game also from Atlus)?

jubeh
04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
If you die you go back to level 1 and lose anything you are carrying. But anything you have in storage stays there so its one of the easier roguelikes.

Handy333
04-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Nostalgia aside, mother 3 was better than earthbound imo. I don't mean that lightly since earthbound is my favorite game of all time. I have a feeling if they did remake it and itoi was involved, it would be totally different considering how much he has changed as a person.

Anyway this is going to sound insane but I'd like a remake of final fantasy 10 or at least a super touched up version. Fix not being able to control the camera, get rid of stupid gameplay bullshit like winning chocobo races to unlock ultimate weapons and getting one shotted during ambushes and then fill in all the plot holes.

Also a new rival schools would be neat.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIVAL SCHOOLS... wait whats going on with itoi?

Handy333
04-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Here's my list:

- Space Station Silicon Valley!
- Game and Watch Gallery Galore! (Name of the remake highly customizable with Miis or character creation. doubt it.)
- Tekken Championship Edition (with Kunimitsu)
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Sonic SpinBall (extra stages)
- Official Legend of Zelda 3 (I think it's about time.)
- Karoshi Skater 2
- Waluigi Game and also Daisy
- The Calling 2
- Tetris Championship Edition
- Come on Killer Instinct 3 please!
- ...thats about it...

LVUER
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
@Rio:
There is date with girls. I don't really remember what it's called... social events? Anyway, it's just picking the right choice for the question... and the date is just an event, not really different from other social/free time events... but it's still a date right? With girls I mean. And if you reach Lv.10, you become her boyfriends (or eternal friends, sigh...)

Rio
04-13-2011, 06:49 PM
If you die you go back to level 1 and lose anything you are carrying. But anything you have in storage stays there so its one of the easier roguelikes.Hmm... I see what you mean. It is rather easy. It's like Azure Dreams actually. I'll have to put it on my "To Buy" list then. C: C: C:

@Rio:
There is date with girls. I don't really remember what it's called... social events? Anyway, it's just picking the right choice for the question... and the date is just an event, not really different from other social/free time events... but it's still a date right? With girls I mean. And if you reach Lv.10, you become her boyfriends (or eternal friends, sigh...)I think I saw a screenshot of this before. Thanks for the info!

CypressDahlia
04-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Social Links, they're called. And based on how good your social links are with people around you, you receive boons to party and personal battle performance and fusion bonuses when creating Personas.

Handy333
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
You got to be kidding me.:cat_mad: