PDA

View Full Version : Mortal fking Kombat 9

GunZet
03-23-2011, 01:53 PM
See I would post a vid here too, but yea. No.

Who plans on getting this holy awesome fest of awesome sauce?
Because I would if I had a console...which is why they should bring it to PC *cough*

Even if I don't get it. I've been stalking it. And man, I'm glad they went back to the old MK3 style of things. Really fast gameplay, brutal fatalities...well actually, a lot more brutal this time around. Which is probably why it's already banned in Australia. Hell it might even get the AO label.

Anyway, in conclusion. Kung Lao is a badass, they better have Kabal in this. Close, fade to black.
*Oh yea. And Kratos is in this. How the fk will THAT work*

jubeh
03-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Why the f do they still have a block button just let me hold back godammit mortal kombat.

GunZet
03-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Mortal Kombat is a pretty cool guy eh? Has block button and doesn't afraid of anything.

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Is it Rain?

GunZet
03-23-2011, 05:14 PM
What about Rain?

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Is going to be in this MK?

GunZet
03-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Probably, I don't know the character roster. I never cared for Rain anyway.

Kodos
03-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Rain is not going to be in it except in a cameo, it seems. We have the confirmed character rosters and unless he's DLC he's not in it.

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 08:52 PM
)=

I will always going to remember his infinit combo in trilogy (the easiest).

Kodos
03-23-2011, 08:56 PM
In fairness, I believe Rain was one of the character Boone mentioned as possible DLC. And given the way he worded his question, I think Rain is almost confirmed as DLC.

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
We will see. Even so I'm not really to exited by MK DLC's. I love MK and some of his characters, but I don't know if a MK character DLC is going to be a hit.

Kodos
03-24-2011, 02:57 AM
See I would post a vid here too, but yea. No.

Who plans on getting this holy awesome fest of awesome sauce?
Because I would if I had a console...which is why they should bring it to PC *cough*

Even if I don't get it. I've been stalking it. And man, I'm glad they went back to the old MK3 style of things. Really fast gameplay, brutal fatalities...well actually, a lot more brutal this time around. Which is probably why it's already banned in Australia. Hell it might even get the AO label.

Anyway, in conclusion. Kung Lao is a badass, they better have Kabal in this. Close, fade to black.
*Oh yea. And Kratos is in this. How the fk will THAT work*
I just want to point out that no mainstream game will ever get the AO rating. Ever. That rating is effectively an outright ban. All of the major retailers have store policies whereby they don't sell these games, and most magazines have policies whereby they don't advertise them. That is why Manhunt 2 also toned it down to avoid the AO rating. It's a death sentence.

GunZet
03-24-2011, 03:28 AM
True. And isn't there only like...one with the AO title? I figure developers are trying to push the limits of violence and sexual stuff without actually straying into that territory. Imagine if you actually got to see a glimpse of what Kratos was 'doing' all those 'times'. Boom, AO.

ClockHand
03-24-2011, 07:36 PM
I really don't care about adding character of other games in the game. This concept was raped to much now and it really don't bring nothing good or better to the game per se.

GunZet
03-25-2011, 05:20 PM
The Soul Calibur series did it right. And so did Dead or Alive with the Halo stuff.
I have a feeling Kratos will fit just fine in this MK.

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't know man, both game you have mentioned, I feel'd the complety opposite.

Kodos
03-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Kratos looks and plays fucking amazing. It's a shame they wasted such fun gameplay on such an awful, awful, character.

jubeh
03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah kratos is p much the worst.

GunZet
03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Kodos just wants that girl from Heavenly Sword to replace him that's all this is.
The guy is all about that T&A.

Kodos
03-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Replacing one shitty game character with another doesn't help. At least God of War is a good game series, even if Kratos himself is shit.

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 07:23 PM
You know, if they put Jackie Estacado in the game would be fucking awesome.

I can see his fatality eating with The Darkness the heart of his rival, and destroying what is left with The Darkness Limbs/tentacles.

Or they could put Witchblade for more boobs in the game (and of course awesomes fatalities).

GunZet
03-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Do you hate every character Kodos?

Kodos
03-26-2011, 01:10 AM
No, but I do hate overpopular and/or bad characters. Kratos is both. I am sorry that you seem to be personally affected by my disliking a video game character. Maybe you should reconsider your priorities?

That said, I wish Wesker was in this game, because Wesker should be in every game.

GunZet
03-26-2011, 02:22 AM
I am sorry that you seem to be personally affected by my disliking a video game character. Maybe you should reconsider your priorities?.

Lolwut. Do you need a pat on the back man? Chill.

Also I dunno man. Wesker would just end up being a really mysterious Johnny Cage with super powers and a black suit.

ClockHand
03-26-2011, 03:19 AM
There should be a Epic Show Down. With Wesker, Jackie Estacado, WitchBlade, Wolverine, Spawn, Phoenix Write, Master Chief, etc. Only the "Bad Mother Fuckers".

Kodos
03-26-2011, 05:27 AM
I don't know if Spawn or Master Chief is the worst character on that list. Spawn is a awesome concept done horribly, and Halo is Marathon for babbies.

Anyway. They X-Boxen demo better come soon. I wanna try this game so bad.

GunZet
03-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Wolverine vs. Spawn. I'd love to see that. I don't know what Masterchief would do though lol.

ClockHand
03-26-2011, 02:42 PM
If Chris Redfield why Masterchief can't be there? He can use his spartan powers or what I know.

But tell me it wouldn't be epic to actually play a battle between The Darkness and The WitchBlade?

Lucy
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
As someone who loves things like SF and BlazBlue, but despises Tekken, should I give a hoot about this game?

GunZet
03-28-2011, 03:24 PM
No, you shouldn't. But it's Mortal Kombat, so you should.

Kodos
03-28-2011, 04:07 PM
As someone who loves things like SF and BlazBlue, but despises Tekken, should I give a hoot about this game?
I'd argue otherwise. While MK is very different from SF and Blazblue, I'd argue it's jut as different from Tekken. Give it a go and see if you like it. It's very different from even the prior MK games (although I've heard it's somewhat close to MK2) so playing those won't be too good a sample. Wait for the Demo to come out on Xbox Three-Shitty (is huge), or pick it up already if you have a Gaystation 3.

GunZet
03-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I think it's close to MK2 but closer to MK3

Fenn
03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Blech. I hate Mortal Kombat. IMO, violence on that level is unneeded and plain horrid, fake or not.

And I realize others feel differently. Can I just ask, objectively: what is the appeal of this level of violence? I'm trying to be comprehensive of other people's preferences.

Kodos
03-28-2011, 04:44 PM
First of all, the game actually plays well, that's an appeal. Also some people - like me - love crazy Wuxia movies, which Mortal Kombat is really just one big love letter too.

As for the violence? We're human. Humans have violent urges. You have millions of years of evolution as hunters and killers. Look at comedy, even - slapstick is the most basic form of comedy, and slapstick is basically just violence that provokes laughter.

Humans like violence. That's all there is to it.

GunZet
03-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Blech. I hate Mortal Kombat. IMO, violence on that level is unneeded and plain horrid, fake or not.

And I realize others feel differently. Can I just ask, objectively: what is the appeal of this level of violence? I'm trying to be comprehensive of other people's preferences.

Violence is fun to watch/play. As long as it doesn't affect us personally. Derp.
*The reason you'll see a giant flock surround a school fight, most will just watch. Then at some random moment, an authority figure or someone like you stops it.*
Things I just can't tolerate are movies like Saw and Hostel, but I'll play a game featuring that amount of gore and mutilation any day.

Did you happen to follow the Supreme Court vs. Video Games deal?

ClockHand
03-28-2011, 06:36 PM
As Kodos said, violence make people happy. Also its fantasy violence, which mean it only takes our urge for violence and in healthy not-real way.

Fantasy or fiction existe so we can entertain our desires in a healthy way.

GunZet
03-28-2011, 06:41 PM
It's only healthy as long as you're not one of those dudes that tosses a controller every time you see "YOUUUU LOSEEEE" on the screen.

ClockHand
03-28-2011, 06:53 PM
then you have a competitive problem.

GunZet
03-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Play Ghosts 'n Goblins a little.

Kodos
03-28-2011, 08:59 PM
As Kodos said, violence make people happy. Also its fantasy violence, which mean it only takes our urge for violence and in healthy not-real way.

Fantasy or fiction existe so we can entertain our desires in a healthy way.
Exactly. We are hunters. Our genetic lineage is that of murderers, killers, and ostensibly even rapists. Violence is literally encoded into our very beings. To pretend otherwise is not only silly, it is dangerous.

I think violent video games, television shows, and media serve a vital purpose in any sane society. They provide people with an outlet for inescapable urges that require release.

I can possibly see the argument against certain first-person-shooters where the protagonists are American soldiers and the enemies are all generic Middle-Eastern/Arabic terrorists - since that is glorifying and making light of an ongoing atrocity, but Mortal Kombat is so over-the-top and divorced from reality that really the only objection you can make against it is that of violence in principle, which I believe I just dismissed.

Basically when little Timmy teleports across the playground, throws a few fireballs, and eats a classmate's face, I'll start worrying about Mortal Kombat.

ClockHand
03-28-2011, 09:08 PM
There was a psychologist who said.

"Those who are afraid of reality, hide in the fantasy. But I want to add a more correct proposition: Those who are afraid of fantasy, hide in reality".

People who end doing an act of violence in the real world, is bassicaly people who lost the point between fantasy and reality and couldn't deal with both (you end without scape), and this is not something we can blame to video games, and if someone does, he should also blame all the source of art. And at the they would kill the fantasy of everyone.

PD: I don't like to much the psychologist who said that, but man, the documental was interesting.

Edit:
Also, which are the things that all humans wants? Easy: Violence, Sex and Power. Of these the most perfect forms are sports, video games and art (music and movies added in it), so basically are the best to feed our hunger for these 3.

Fenn
03-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Undoubtedly. Trust me, I never wanted to imply violence in video games was bad. I love kicking virtual ass and find it great for stress and anger relief. I guess it's the sheer level of violence that deters me. I don't find the need to physically watch the guy's spine be pulled out. But again, that's just me.

GunZet
03-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Don't play any games made by Midway or Epic. Best solution.

CypressDahlia
04-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Is this MK as bad as Armageddon was?

GunZet
04-01-2011, 01:19 AM
*shrugs* You gotta play it and let me know.
I'm just waiting for a new Bloody Roar game.

ClockHand
04-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Undoubtedly. Trust me, I never wanted to imply violence in video games was bad. I love kicking virtual ass and find it great for stress and anger relief. I guess it's the sheer level of violence that deters me. I don't find the need to physically watch the guy's spine be pulled out. But again, that's just me.

Thats because you don't get the difference between reality and fantasy. I find the game hilarious and kinda hurtful (ueah, it kinda hurt when you see a guy without head), but at the end is just fantasy, so I don't take it seriously.

Kodos
04-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Is this MK as bad as Armageddon was?
It looks great, has an actual budget, and the people who've played it say it's fucking amazing.

So no.

EDIT: THANKS FOR EATING THE QUOTE, BOARD!

CypressDahlia
04-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Armageddon was also well-received, but it played like shit. That's why I asked. But I guess I should give this a looksie if it's as good as people say.

jubeh
04-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Cype for what it's worth the first thing I tried to do was find some broken shit in the demo but I couldn't. The game has some crazy states that keep you from doing loops.

Kodos
04-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Armageddon was not that well received, though?

Anyway, behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw0QV4KG6dk
Cage confirmed as God Tier.

GunZet
04-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Kabal, best character. The end.

Kodos
04-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Kabal, best character. The end.
Does it hurt being so wrong?

ClockHand
04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I hate Jhonny Cage.

Hey, hey, hey, I'm going to say this: Motaro.

GunZet
04-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Does it hurt being so wrong?

It feels so good being so right. *rubs his body*

CypressDahlia
04-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Armageddon got roughly the same ratings as SFIII: Third Strike, and Third Strike was one of the best fighters of its time. So yeh, I was a little disappointed.

GunZet
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/demotivational-posters-ninjas-with-attitude.jpg

ClockHand
04-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Sonya Evolution:

MK1
http://www.arcade-history.com/images/custom/mk1/mk1_7.png

MK3
http://kikouken.com/information/sonya.gif

MK4
http://www.juegomania.org/guia/mk4/mk4sonya.gif

MK deadly alliance.
http://www.zonamortalkombat.com.ar/games/mkda/personajes/bio_sonya.jpg

MKSM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FHOqfid3nmM/SaBmjaJU0xI/AAAAAAAAAHM/syaQ4c25N_E/s400/mksm_sonya_render.jpg

MK vs DC
http://www.dcvmk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/Sonya_Blade_Mortal_Kombat_vs_DC_Comics.jpg

MK 9
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17600000/Mortal-Kombat-9-sonya-blade-17686665-297-738.jpg

Choose your Sonya! (I hate the one of MK vs DC, is like a Guile with boobs).

Sylux
04-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Best character is definitely Kung Lao or Bo' Rai Cho.

GunZet
04-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I hate all the Sonya's. I'll take Stryker any day thankyou.
And HELL YEA SY. Kung Lao or Kabal here.

CypressDahlia
04-19-2011, 02:21 PM
So Sonya turned into Nina Williams.

ClockHand
04-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Gunz@ Do you preffer someone with a stick?

Cyp@ I think Sonya from MK4 was ok, but then the designers take a weird and almost guile/nina character type.

GunZet
04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
No Clock. I prefer someone with a gun: for killing. And a night stick: for beating. To be more specific I prefer a badass. Although Jax is just fine.

ClockHand
04-19-2011, 04:49 PM
So you like with muscles.

Evil_Cake
04-22-2011, 12:02 AM
my brother bought this game but I havent tried it yet... guessing its bad tho

i remember in the last 1 I played that u could just throw ur hat at everyone in arcade mode to win, but then you get to the boss and he rapes u to death

jubeh
04-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Naw its p good ):

Evil_Cake
04-22-2011, 12:04 AM
o cool

jubeh
04-22-2011, 12:04 AM
The ending is kind of fucked up though

Evil_Cake
04-22-2011, 12:11 AM
do u still unlock characters in that krypt thing

jubeh
04-22-2011, 12:13 AM
There are only like 4 unlockable dudes but there are other things you can unlock in the crypt.

Evil_Cake
04-23-2011, 01:10 AM
so kano is skynet in his ending?

ClockHand
04-23-2011, 01:11 PM
So I play it last night. I like many things, like the game is faster, its obviously have a more serious game mechanic, etc.

But also there were many things I didn't like; the design of the characters, you can do a shit if you haven't played or trained before (this kill the casuals matches with friends), and others.

So Portal 2 ftw.

Evil_Cake
04-23-2011, 04:50 PM
lots of attacks dont make any sense that they would hit u. like noob teleports and is like a mile away from you but still grabs you

Sylux
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Noob has been doing that since Deception man

GunZet
04-26-2011, 01:54 PM
'Noob' It's in the name.

Sylux
04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Noob-Smokin' a joint. B)