PDA

View Full Version : Super power

Slurpee
03-19-2011, 10:59 PM
If you had a super power what would it be?
Quite simply I just wanna be able to fly. I've always wanted too:cat_rosy:

GunZet
03-20-2011, 12:34 AM
The ability to giant shoot beams/orbs of destruction out my hands.

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 12:53 AM
giant shoot eh

jubeh
03-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Lazer eyes

ClockHand
03-20-2011, 01:18 AM
I would say "Be a Life Mod/Admin banning people from real life"
but I love teletransportation.

Hayashida
03-20-2011, 01:57 AM
I dunno having something to do with fire would be p sweet cus you know, fire is awesome. I suppose something like makin fireballs in my hand, flamethrower thingy out of nowhere, etc.

Ozzaharwood
03-20-2011, 02:13 AM
I have to agree with slurp. I would do anything to be able to fly...

Another good one is an ability to go into different dimensions... Like a cartoon one. C:

LVUER
03-20-2011, 04:53 AM
(God like) immortality (meaning stay young forever, never get sick, can't get injured/decapitated, and so on). You could say, Claire ability from Heroes.

With this kind ability, I could learn whatever I want, read all books in the world, try all kind of jobs (and become stinking rich in the process), travel all the world on foot or bicycle.

That, or ability to fly. But I really want the first one...

DrPumpkin
03-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Waffle manipulation.

The manipulation of waffles.

Fenn
03-20-2011, 11:12 AM
The ability to write with my mind. I'm sick of broken pencil tips and learn-to-type programs.

Outcast
03-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Omniscience

Fenn
03-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Omniscience

there are some things you will wish you didn't know...

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 10:18 PM
it'd be cool to have reincarnation

Blue_Dragon
03-21-2011, 03:28 AM
I'd like to not have to sleep, with no harm to my health. I mean, I'd like to be able to sleep if I wanted, but not really have to sleep. I hate to think how much of my life I waste having to sleep, and if I don't sleep, how shitty I feel.

My symbol would be a single glaring unsleeping eye.

Ozzaharwood
03-21-2011, 05:39 AM
I've never thought of that before, that'd also be useful. I always get too little sleep because I'm doing something or get too much when I sleep in.

LVUER
03-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Why don't you pick immortality then (just like mine ^_^ )? If you are immortal, sleeping is not wasting time, since you have infinite time to live in the first place.

Blue_Dragon
03-21-2011, 05:58 AM
But if I become immortal, I'll have to live even longer...and put up with the stupidity and ruin of humanity even longer. This way, I can get the most out of what life I'm alloted, and then get the hell out of dodge when we totally screw up the world so bad there's no quality of life left. Plus, if you live long enough, you'll get bored with the patterns you see reoccurring over and over.

Though I'm sure you could put immortality to better use :P I'm just not original enough I guess to find pleasure from that (I've watched Interview with the Vampire too many times, I guess.)

Ozzaharwood
03-21-2011, 06:00 AM
That works too but my mom would still make me go to school so I would have to wake up early. Also, I don't want to be immortal. Do you really want to be alive as all your friends and family die and if you ever get married see your wife grow old and die without you? It'd be like an unbearable pain that never ends. Would you really want to exchange that just for knowledge and power?

Blue_Dragon
03-21-2011, 06:05 AM
And you'd also have to account for all the others trying to kill you...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! Are you prepared for that Lvuer?

http://scifipulse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/highlander.jpg

Slurpee
03-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Why Immortality? O_O
Yknow another cool one I thought is to like... mind control. That's way more fun XD

Blue_Dragon
03-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Ooo! Yeah, that's a good one. In Tenchu: Fatal Shadows you can use Ninja Mind control...but it's not as good as fully controlling someone. I'd use that power while driving...or dealing with people I don't like...or...uh, I guess it could be applied anywhere!

Ozzaharwood
03-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Mind control would be awesome. But I'd end up feeling bad for the person I controlled 'cause... Well. I'm not the nicest person. XD

Rio
03-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Practically: split/clone myself, maybe stop time or whatever power will work to get more stuff done.

Lucy
03-21-2011, 01:46 PM
A pause button for real life, so I could just take a break when I needed it, or, the ability to change sex at will. Either one would solve so many problems.

Hell_Baron
03-21-2011, 02:06 PM
the ability to give myself a blowjob.
there, i win.

GunZet
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
That's easily achievable. Just pop out a few ribs and presto. Assuming you have the 'length' otherwise you'll be missing more than a couple to achieve the desired result.

Evil_Cake
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
there, i win.

yes I see this will be the next big comic book superhero

Matt
03-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Rio's idea was good. I could have one Matt level up my Pokemon, another Matt drawing, another one writing stories, one doing schoolwork and studying, and the last one exercising and eating in turn to keep the rest of us healthy while we did other stuff. So, when one finished an inked page, the rest of us could chip in to do toning and coloring and stuff. Plus, we'd all have the same mind, so our stories would come out pretty much perfect.

jubeh
03-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Cloning and mind control are cool but I feel the temptation to use those powers for evil would be too strong.

Lucy
03-21-2011, 04:43 PM
there, i win.

Autofellatio has been achieved by a lot of people. It's not a superpower.

Ozzaharwood
03-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Woah, really? I didn't think it actually was possible.

Lucy
03-21-2011, 05:00 PM
You need to be more flexible than most people, or smash a rib or two, but it's doable.

Ozzaharwood
03-21-2011, 06:24 PM
How do you know this stuff? O_____O

I'm afraid to ask/look it up lol

(That'd be another cool power, watch and read shit over the internet through your mind)

Lucy
03-22-2011, 02:02 PM
I talked to people in secondary school.
I should have not.

Ozzaharwood
03-22-2011, 05:07 PM
They actually did that...? Wtf

Zoe
03-22-2011, 05:57 PM
I wish I had the ability to control time. To be able to make it slow down, speed up, reverse, and stop completely. Maybe then I could have time to get some sleep. ;-;

Hamachi
03-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Surgical precision. I would want to be able to flawlessly perform any possible physical action as many times as I wished.

The best part of the deal would mean I'd also have a perfect sense of balance and timing - Parkour, instrument playing, and drawing would become a cinch, among other things.

Evil_Cake
03-22-2011, 08:46 PM
so u would be jotaro

jubeh
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
No he would be star platinum

Evil_Cake
03-22-2011, 09:27 PM
well I'm assuming he'd wear a cool hat so he'd be more jotaro

Psy
03-23-2011, 04:49 AM
Im torn but i think id like to be a teleport a la Jumper (THE BOOK NOT HE MOVIE!!!).
Im scared of heights so no flying. If you are immortal you still age so no fun there and immortal doesnt mean feeling no pain so even if you can survive anything and the world went and snuffed out youd be choking foreven in space. if you are forever young you are perpetual jail bait. if you are super powerful you might as well give up on finding a mate because no one likes bruised thighs. If you are a telepath/telekenetic (sp?) and you get a head cold or ill to the point you are hallucinating you are so screwed about keeping your powers in check. If you are Pyrokenetik and you even sneeze you will probably toast anyone around you. If you have lazer eyes you cant squint anymore or give some one a dirty look ever again without blowing a hole through their skull (and not the fun sexy way either). Controling other peoples minds is kinda cool but who would you talk to after that? Nothing would really be a challenge and everyone would be a yes man.

With teleporting you still have limits to size weight and memory. You cant teleport anything you cant lift. If you can remember the place in detail or see it you can teleport to it.

Autofellatio has been achieved by a lot of people. It's not a superpower.

Its allso like tickling yourself. Its just not the same as when some one else does it to you.

GunZet
03-23-2011, 01:04 PM
I'd also like to have the super power to summon Zeus to my side whenever I need...Oh wait that's not a super power.
In that case, I want what Dante has.

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I'd also like to have the super power to summon Zeus to my side whenever I need...Oh wait that's not a super power.
In that case, I want what Dante has.

So you want to walk through hell?

GunZet
03-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Sure why not. As long as I get the cool coat and devil abilities.
Better yet, I don't think Nero had to cruise through hell to get this though.
http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/reviews/devil-may-cry/nero-yamato.jpg

Sylux
03-23-2011, 01:33 PM
If I could have a super power I'd have the power to be very super famous

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Guys, guys... Teletransportation is the best power, even if people say "thats like a secondary power". Is with teletransportation that you can make more valuable things, like rescue people (I want to throw fire = I'm going to burn someone who need my help), you can cheat systems (steal a bank, travel the world without being degraded by airplane lines), be always in time (Oh no! my friends are going to die if I don't reach the other side of the bridge at time) and escape from incoming danger and obviously other people power (Oh! my nemesis who throw lightining and lasers... oh wait, I can teletransport myself to a safe place or even more, to his back make a stealth kill).

People always think that teletransportation is a bad power, but is the greatest power of all.

GunZet
03-23-2011, 01:55 PM
It's a bad power if you don't know wth you're doing. Nothing like getting stuck inside a wall and not knowing where the nearest street is, eh?

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
A good power is always more harder to us, but the gratification is bigger.

LVUER
03-23-2011, 08:34 PM
The power to understand EVERYTHING. Though that would make life completely boring since you'll know the true nature of this world, life and death, etc.

Evil_Cake
03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
i dont get how knowing everything would make it boring

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Doc. Manhattan?

LVUER
03-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Just like watching a movie that you already know all about that movie (the climax, the answer of the mystery, the ending, and even the sequel). What's the point of watching such movie?

Evil_Cake
03-23-2011, 08:55 PM
wait are u saying u'd know the future and all the past also

Hamachi
03-23-2011, 08:58 PM
I think the instant you understood everything you'd fry your brain. Only a few million neurons + infinite information, what say.

Actually, I read a book where a guy with Oracle - like powers lost a bit of his sanity every time he delved into the fates of people around him. Makes sense, too; your brain can only handle so much.

LVUER
03-23-2011, 08:59 PM
That would be nice... but makes life even far more boring. So no. It's only to completely understand about everything. Like what is life, what is death, what is there in the afterlife (if there's such a thing), is ghost really exist, is there any other intelligent life-form outside Earth, and so on...

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Just like watching a movie that you already know all about that movie (the climax, the answer of the mystery, the ending, and even the sequel). What's the point of watching such movie?

I have seen the Fight Club a million of time and I love it.

Jpg
03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Bend Time & Space Like Hiro Nakamura, Teleportation + Time Control.
I win.

LVUER
03-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I have seen the Fight Club a million of time and I love it.

You love it because it's a movie that you watch in this "normal" dull life (don't take my example literally). Imagine if you must life the live inside Fight Club million times, and don't have any other kind of life.

Will you elect a president if you know who's going to win because of dirty play behind the scene?

@Jpg:
Hey, that's cheating. It's several super powers, not just one... Though I don't know if you could choose more than one super power in this thread...

ClockHand
03-23-2011, 09:33 PM
its depend. Its a good president?

Also read Ex Machina (for the question of the president).

Rio
03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't mind being able to create anything out of nothing.

GunZet
03-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Being able to control nature would also be epic. Notice I said 'nature' not the weather. Which means Storm got nothing on my ability to conjure up a few tornados and cause an earthquake and trigger an eruption at the same time.

Hamachi
03-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Bend Time & Space Like Hiro Nakamura, Teleportation + Time Control.
I win.

Except that there's conclusive evidence to Einstein's theory that gravity is directly linked to space-time, so if you messed around with time you'd be messing around with the gravitational fields around you? Just a thought. xD

Evil_Cake
03-23-2011, 11:03 PM
ive heard gravity effects time but havent heard it the other way around before

sanny1064
03-25-2011, 11:17 PM
dude, i'd have tree powers. fo sho.

Slurpee
03-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Right now I wish the power to turn shoes into nachos.
I could end world hunger.

Evil_Cake
03-27-2011, 06:20 PM
but then we'd be out of shoes... wtf man

Delphinus
03-27-2011, 07:01 PM
ive heard gravity effects time but havent heard it the other way around before

since velocity is a function of time and as you go faster you get heavier and heavier thus creating more gravity then yeah time affects gravity

GunZet
03-27-2011, 07:04 PM
but then we'd be out of shoes... wtf man

Make shoes out of nachos.

LVUER
03-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Why from shoes? Why not air? Or rocks? Or even from nothingness!?

And why nachos? Why not ... Ah, forget it -_-

Outcast
03-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Control over the elements.

I'll turn your blood into water and turn your veins into francium.

ClockHand
03-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Control over the elements.

I'll turn coper in gold and hidrogenous in uraneum.

GunZet
03-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Control over fate.

butternut
03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Damn, 3 ppl already said it, but I want the same: control over nature/elements...like earth(mud, metals etc etc),water, wind, fire all that. pretty much everything is taken care of. life is still exciting, just that stuff becomes much more convenient.

Ozzaharwood
03-30-2011, 08:11 PM
I think that would give you too much power. I mean, if I had that much power I think I'd either be depressed as hell because you'd have done everything and nothing is out of reach, or just bored as hell.

butternut
03-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Doing everything does take a hell lot of time...so....and if you are bored, you could just pretend you were normal for some time. Also you just under-estimate the fun you can have by controlling wind and water alone. :cat_gleam:

Arashi500
03-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Control over time and quantum mechanics(for fixing/making paradoxes mostly). Buzz off paradox, I want to tell myself in the past what to do, and what to not do.

GunZet
03-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Controlling reality. Like that one guy from Supernatural (you know who I'm talking about if you watch the show. That one guy who can zap anyone he wants off to a reality which he controls completely).

scanten71-402san
03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Infrared eyes, fly ability and supermemory.

ClockHand
03-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Controlling reality. Like that one guy from Supernatural (you know who I'm talking about if you watch the show. That one guy who can zap anyone he wants off to a reality which he controls completely).

That's not from a movie?

GunZet
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Not that I know of no. This one character in Supernatural has it.
The Trickster aka the angel Gabriel.
http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Gabriel

Gedeon
03-31-2011, 06:45 PM
i would simply love the power of making peapol happy! ....dunno why but everytime i pass a gipsy beging for money on the subway, i feel like shit(cuz i spended all of my money on food and bubble gum, but i know that he would give it to his higher ups even so), each time i come from school and see my mom crying cuz she had another fight with my dad, i feel like shit,whenever my friend gets into a rage mode becouse of her boyfriend thats always late, i feel like shit!!!!!!!!!
..........the conclusion>
the best power for me would be to make anyone who deserves it happy! :D

Psy
03-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Gedeon got me thinking.
Who would be a super hero and who would be a super villain?
With your powers do you change the world or try to hoard your powers and stay quiet about it all?

I would be a villain for the most part. I would take over everything i could and make the world how i want it to be.

GunZet
03-31-2011, 06:59 PM
I'd be an anti-hero.

ClockHand
03-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Not that I know of no. This one character in Supernatural has it.
The Trickster aka the angel Gabriel.
http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Gabriel

I'm pretty sure it was in a movie and it was made parody by The Simpsons.

i would simply love the power of making peapol happy! ....dunno why but everytime i pass a gipsy beging for money on the subway, i feel like shit(cuz i spended all of my money on food and bubble gum, but i know that he would give it to his higher ups even so), each time i come from school and see my mom crying cuz she had another fight with my dad, i feel like shit,whenever my friend gets into a rage mode becouse of her boyfriend thats always late, i feel like shit!!!!!!!!!
..........the conclusion>
the best power for me would be to make anyone who deserves it happy! :D

So you want to have drug powers? COOL

I would try to be a villain, but I think I would fail in that.

jubeh
03-31-2011, 07:02 PM
I would like the power to make anyone miserable.

Psy
03-31-2011, 07:05 PM
So you wana be a dentist?

GunZet
03-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Nah, he strives to be a politician.

ClockHand
03-31-2011, 07:07 PM

So you want to be Scrooge McDuck?

Psy
03-31-2011, 07:09 PM
I call Darkwing!

I still say teleportation is the best.

ClockHand
03-31-2011, 07:10 PM
I call Darkwing!

I still say teleportation is the best.

I agree with you.

Gedeon
03-31-2011, 07:14 PM
I CALL JAMAICA MAN!!! "Don't worry ......be happy......every time you wory bout some trouble you only make it double...dont worry...be happy" ...ill stop now cuz if i continue like this ill have a new power.....to drive peapol insane with my voice!!!
:cat_mad:

GunZet
03-31-2011, 07:24 PM
REEEED BEER!
http://www.jamaicans.com/blog/wp-content/redstripe_man.jpg

That's all I could think of when you said Jamaican Ged.

I figure that the power to steal powers is also the best thing. I mean...look at Syler.

LVUER
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Even after thinking so long, and waiting in this post for someone comes up with better super power... I still want immortality (god-like or highlander-like (TV series) immortality, meaning you won't get old, etc...)

GunZet
03-31-2011, 08:22 PM
But if you choose the highlander version. Someone's always trying to take your immortals.

LVUER
03-31-2011, 09:46 PM
I only mean highlander like immortality (meaning wounds heal, no poisoning, no need to go to dentist, young forever, etc), not transferable one like it.

BTW, I remember that someone post Highlander poster after I wrote about wanting immortality, and saying that immortality is more of a curse than a blessing. Actually my brother said that instantly after I said that I want immortality. Guess that means anyone think immortality as more or less the same (curse and fighting for eternity).

Personally though, I don't mind at all (though I'd rather avoid it, of course) since it gives spice to boring eternal life. And I don't mind with anyone I love died before me. I mean everyone will die someday (except me, if I'm immortal) so it's unavoidable. It's only a matter of when. I'll either find someone new to be loved/to love, or simply not loving anyone ever again. Simple...

Outcast
03-31-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm a sadist and I find humans pathetic war crazy monsters. I'd probably be a super hero.

Alexander_Hamilton
03-31-2011, 11:31 PM
I think I'd go for telelportation. Time travel would be neat too... Hmmm

Arashi500
03-31-2011, 11:51 PM
The ability to grant myself(and therefore others) wishes, without any restrictions or limit to said wishes.

Also having the star forge (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Forge) under my control would be pretty pimpim'. Or even just being Darth Revan (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan) would kick ass.

LVUER
04-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Then if you accidentally wish your death, you will die instantly.

Delphinus
04-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Eternal life wouldn't be boring. Remember that if you were truly immortal you wouldn't have to eat, sleep, etc. to survive, ergo you wouldn't need to work. All immortals could live utterly free lives, with no real repercussions for them if they fucked up.

Slurpee
04-01-2011, 08:00 PM

I think he wants to be a math teacher.

Outcast
04-01-2011, 09:50 PM
But I like math...

LVUER
04-01-2011, 11:51 PM
I agree. Lots of people say immortality is a curse. Well, not for me. There are so many interesting things in this world that it will take more than 1000 years to explore them all. And when you do have explore them all, there already far more interesting things out there. As long as the world doesn't end in apocalypse or armageddon...

One thing that I will definitely do if I could attain immortality. I will travel all around the world, every country and every city... on foot. Yeah... except when traveling across sea, of course, since I don't want to swim that far, immortal or not -_-

Evil_Cake
04-01-2011, 11:54 PM
but u would still be alive even when the stars burn out

LVUER
04-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah, that's the scary part. Well, if it's god-like immortality, perhaps I could drift to another planet, to find another hospitable planet. Since I have forever anyway...

DrPumpkin
04-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I would probably procrastinate a lot more if I became imortal.

Meh. I'll go and try and become the leader of the North Pole in the next few hundred years. Right now, I'm gonna sit on this sofa and watch the entire series of pokemon again.

GunZet
04-02-2011, 10:56 AM
I want the powers of a star:
live for freaking ever, but still be able to burn out.
Ultimate powar.
Ability to create and destroy.

/thread

doghateburger
04-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Time Travel! 8D or Time Freeze!! That way I can go back in time and tell my past self what not to do in the future >_>...or freeze the time so i can pull peoples pants down <_<

Gedeon
04-02-2011, 04:01 PM
SO IT WAS YOU DOGHB!!!!:cat_yell:

LVUER
04-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Careful not to create a time-paradox and ending all universes.

PWhit
04-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I want the power to bend space and time to my command. Jus' sayin'.

GunZet
04-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Why do all these powers revolve around time and space. Jeez people.

LVUER
04-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Because that's what most people want. I mean there are trends in what people want, and right now time and space is the most hot super power. Perhaps that's because recent popularity of Heroes and Jumper? Ten years ago, everyone wants to become Superman or Batman (in my country, at least...).

Blue_Dragon
04-04-2011, 03:28 AM
I'd be scared to bend time and space...what if something like from a Lovecraft book existed and you let it loose on the world? Pretty scary...

Outcast
04-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd laugh my ass off.

PWhit
04-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Not lying when I say it sounds more awesome than it probably is. :P

Delphinus
04-04-2011, 06:03 PM
I'd want the power to do as many drugs as I wanted and never suffer damage...

ClockHand
04-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd want the power to do as many drugs as I wanted and never suffer damage...

He wants to be Charlie Sheen.

PWhit
04-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Who can blame him? Charlie Sheen is the fuckin' man.

GunZet
04-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Who can blame him? Charlie Sheen is the fuckin' man.

That's now what "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not an Option" said.

Arashi500
04-05-2011, 12:02 AM
I'd be scared to bend time and space...what if something like from a Lovecraft book existed and you let it loose on the world? Pretty scary...

I'd want the ability to summon said monsters. Cthulhu fthagn, Ia, Ia!

and Charlie Sheen IS battle tested bayonets.