PDA

View Full Version : 3DS - Anyone Getting It?

Rio
03-14-2011, 05:12 PM
It's coming out later this month on March 27th.

I think I'll hold off on getting one until I know I want more games on it. Right now, nothings really making say "I wants it now!"

wolfman
03-14-2011, 05:47 PM
tested one out in Game and it was actually pretty cool, i dont use my DS enough to get one though

Fenn
03-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Definitely getting it, definitely not a launch.

There's always the chance it has problems and I'm thinking with the high asking price sales will be down and they'll have to drop it a few bucks. Although I love the lineup they have. Stoked for SSFIV 3DS. Plus the technology that comes with the system is wild itself (3D pics holy crap!)

I will probably buy it once MK3DS comes out sense as you might know or might not I'm a MK megafan.

LVUER
03-14-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm going to get it (perhaps, but mostly will). But not now, definitely not at the launch, and not the original 3DS. I'm going to wait at least until they release the Lite version of it (and I know they will).

For now, I'm going to buy PSP when NGP (or NPG?) was launched and hoping for a price drop for PSP... I already have DS, so 3DS can wait after all ^_^

ClockHand
03-14-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't think. The only reason I would buy a 3DS is for Ocarine of Time. But also, is to expensive for just one game.

So I will keep playing with my netbook.

jubeh
03-14-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm going to get it really only because I still have the original ds and the top screen shows in monochrome and hangs off the hinges.

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 11:51 PM
can u play ds or maybe gba games on the 3ds

Hayashida
03-15-2011, 12:21 AM
I dont think you will be able to because on my DSi that I just bought, you can't.
Also I'm not going to buy the 3DS. First, because I just bought a new DS and second because I wouldn't be able to afford it since it's going to be around $300 when it's released.

LVUER
03-15-2011, 03:11 AM
You can't play GBA games in 3DS, but you can play DS games in 3DS.

Ceta
03-15-2011, 06:44 AM
I never buy first-gen consoles since the companies always upgrade the system to something better at a later time. I can wait; got plenty of games to keep me busy until they release the second-gen version.

GunZet
03-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Might get one like a few months after it's released lol. I pretty much only want it for the Metal Gear game. Young Snake, good times.

Hell_Baron
03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
i don't think i'll go get it right at the day of the release.
i'll just wait a while until the price drops...

jubeh
03-16-2011, 01:53 PM
We got a display at work which was pretty nifty but the menu was locked because people would always take crude pictures.

But the nintendo lady brought hers and it had this awesome game where it steals your face and puts it on these dudes and you have to swing around and shoot them. It's so wild because you're like spinning around in real life and you look totaly crazy.

Hayashida
03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
nintendo lady?

Rio
03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Wow, you get a saleswoman straight from Nintendo giving you demos? Is that thing she was demoing one of those pre-loaded "games" in the 3DS?

jubeh
03-16-2011, 10:37 PM
No she is a lady made out of nintendos.

Rio
03-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Wut??? Is she held together by duct tape???

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 10:41 PM
scotch

jubeh
03-16-2011, 10:48 PM
But yeah it's one of pre-loaded games.

Jpg
03-17-2011, 03:45 AM
3DS is going to be $250, I saw the price yesterday at gamestop.
Supposedly the 3DS does a number on your eyes.

Ozzaharwood
03-17-2011, 05:21 AM
I think a better question is who ISN'T getting it.

Pokemon will become more epic than it was before with the 3DS.

Hayashida
03-17-2011, 12:35 PM
3DS is going to be $250, I saw the price yesterday at gamestop.
Supposedly the 3DS does a number on your eyes.
Yeah, I heard that you shouldn't spend more than something like thirty minutes on it at one time.

Jpg
03-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I heard that you shouldn't spend more than something like thirty minutes on it at one time.

I rather get the second generation 3DS, the one that doesn't give everybody eye cancer.

Hayashida
03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't think you'd get eye cancer from playing the 3DS. Probably it'd do something like impair distance vision or w/e

Matt
03-17-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm nearsighted anyway. I don't think my unaltered vision could get any worse. I expect I won't be playing my games in 3D all the time, anyway. Waiting for the second gen might be a better idea, but hey: it's 3D gaming with graphics that already pwn the Wii (well, that's not saying much). I want it, but I'll definitely look up reviews first. I never get anything without looking it up anymore.

ClockHand
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Apparently the 3D eye damage is pretty relative. Some people (who ue glasses) have told that they are unnable to play for more than a few minutes with the 3D mode, while other who doesn't use glasses, doesn't suffer this problem. Also there is people who doesn't use glasses, who can only be playing for a hour or half.

When it's about adults is pretty random this situation, but if you are kid, it's not, because it can damage your deepth perception.

jubeh
03-17-2011, 02:48 PM
I couldn't play with the slider all the way up for more than a few minutes. But you can adjust the 3d effect to your liking and it's really intuitive.

Hayashida
03-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, one of my siblings is bound to get it and if not, my mum might get it because she likes to play pokemon and stuff, so I'll try it out sometime.

jubeh
03-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Your mom likes pokemon?

So is she seeing anybody orrr..

Hayashida
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
:ascii_gloom:

Yeah she's got a bunch of pokemon games

Jpg
03-17-2011, 03:50 PM
So is she seeing anybody

Why would you ask the man whether or not his mom is blind.

Hey Hayashida,
You should give her my number so we can, uh, poke-battle.

LVUER
03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I hear that 3DS could help you detect your children visual impairment sooner since if your kids couldn't use 3DS, there's something wrong with their eyes... well, at least that's what they say.

Lucy
03-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Anyone in here tried them out? How's the 3D effect, does it actually work.

Hayashida
03-21-2011, 02:41 PM
James tried it out at his store a little while ago

We got a display at work which was pretty nifty but the menu was locked because people would always take crude pictures.

But the nintendo lady brought hers and it had this awesome game where it steals your face and puts it on these dudes and you have to swing around and shoot them. It's so wild because you're like spinning around in real life and you look totaly crazy.

jubeh
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah do you have any specific questions.

All I can really tell you aboot the 3d is that there is a slider that controls how 3d it actually is, and at maximum it was really hard for e to do anything in the games

Lucy
03-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Does it actually look 3D or does it just look weird. I'm sort of sceptical.

jubeh
03-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah it does look 3d. The problem is that with pilotwings, which was the demo game, if I focused on anything other than the aeroplane I would lose focus and the effect would vanish.

Lucy
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Okay neato. I think I might get one because my DS will not display any colour that is not yellow black or blue because the top screen is hanging off the hinges.

jubeh
03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Mine is exactly like that too.

ClockHand
03-21-2011, 08:36 PM
How does the 3D effect look like?

Like for what I have seen, It doesn't seen a real 3D effect and is more like looking through a box and not that the image go out of the screen (the images go to inside, not to the outside).

jubeh
03-21-2011, 08:49 PM
No it pops up.

Rio
03-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Okay neato. I think I might get one because my DS will not display any colour that is not yellow black or blue because the top screen is hanging off the hinges.

Mine is exactly like that too.

One too many poke-battles you guys? ; )

Ozzaharwood
03-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Lmao, my friend had the same thing happen.

Rio, just to make sure... Because I suck at figuring out who is who... Are you on the GB as a guest?

Rio
03-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Tsk. You're so suspicious Oz. I told you I didn't threaten to kick you out didn't I?

Ozzaharwood
03-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeaahhhh, I'm sorry... I feel so bad now :S

doghateburger
03-25-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm getting it once the price drops, or after the initial complains nintendo usually gets

Rio
03-26-2011, 11:30 AM
They're having a launch event at Nintendo World Store this Sunday. Anyone going?

Fenn
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Waiting for the inevitable price drop. or Mario Kart 3ds. whichever comes first.

Arashi500
03-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Already got mine, but more for use of my standard DS games on wi-fi than for the launch line-up (SSFIV is the only thing even relatively worth getting so far), but I am excited for the already announced titles later this year. The 3D isnt as eye-glaring as I heard it would be, although also not nearly as present or spectacular as some might have been led to believe, and for the most part it just creates depth as opposed to creating realistic form, but it's still nice. The base interface is also nice, and replicates the Wii in the form of channels, and an internet browser (yet to be implemented, future update will add it) that I hadn't heard about before getting it, so thats nice to. All in all, I'm pleased with the system, but the launch titles? not so much.

violin
05-13-2011, 11:57 PM
I bought one 3DS two weeks ago. It's more oriented towards kids I guess. The 3D effect is not as good as one could expect but is nice. I really like the AR games. I bought like 3 games so far. 38$ for a game is abit too much I think. The browser is not comming till 6th of June so I'm kind-a dissapointed. Could have saved for a nice tablet or something. I know it'll just sit on the shelfs in a week or two. The browser would add one more week and then it's all over. So 250$ + 38$ per game - not worthy.
I'll probably buy the Zelta game when it comes out - some friends say it will be nice. I never played Zelta before - so I'll give it a try. I'll also buy the new Super Mario they are making for the 3DS.
Right now I have: Street Fighter, Pro Evolution Soccer and Ridge Raicer 3D. Not a big fan of fighting games but SSFIV is nice. The soccer game is nice too. The 3d effect adds some more action to it :)

BTW: My friend code is: 2105-8704-5334 if someone wants to add me :) I'm 24 and have no friends that would play games or buy a Nintendo so I have noone in my frinends list (yet) :)

Fenn
05-14-2011, 10:04 AM
I bought one 3DS two weeks ago. It's more oriented towards kids I guess. The 3D effect is not as good as one could expect but is nice. I really like the AR games. I bought like 3 games so far. 38$ for a game is abit too much I think. The browser is not comming till 6th of June so I'm kind-a dissapointed. Could have saved for a nice tablet or something. I know it'll just sit on the shelfs in a week or two. The browser would add one more week and then it's all over. So 250$ + 38$ per game - not worthy.
I'll probably buy the Zelta game when it comes out - some friends say it will be nice. I never played Zelta before - so I'll give it a try. I'll also buy the new Super Mario they are making for the 3DS.
Right now I have: Street Fighter, Pro Evolution Soccer and Ridge Raicer 3D. Not a big fan of fighting games but SSFIV is nice. The soccer game is nice too. The 3d effect adds some more action to it :)

BTW: My friend code is: 2105-8704-5334 if someone wants to add me :) I'm 24 and have no friends that would play games or buy a Nintendo so I have noone in my frinends list (yet) :)

Wait until E3 and the new lineup is announced. Something will likely catch your eye. Although I'm still holding out for a price drop before next holiday season.

Rio
05-17-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't know about a price drop anytime soon. Nintendo's not one to drop prices on their handhelds and consoles unless they're releasing something new (which in this case, the older version may get a price drop).

I'm holding out as well until there are more games in the market for the 3DS. Right now, I'm still playing quite a number of DSL games so I'm in no rush. If anything, I'll wait for a new handheld Zelda game and get the new bundle edition for it if they offer it. :D

Slurpee
05-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Please price drop come after 3 months.
Yknow the 3 month rule. Cuz if you get the original verisons there's gonna be bugs n' stuff.
Still waiting ._.

Fenn
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't know about a price drop anytime soon. Nintendo's not one to drop prices on their handhelds and consoles unless they're releasing something new (which in this case, the older version may get a price drop).

I'm holding out as well until there are more games in the market for the 3DS. Right now, I'm still playing quite a number of DSL games so I'm in no rush. If anything, I'll wait for a new handheld Zelda game and get the new bundle edition for it if they offer it. :D

E3...I'm telling you.

Smash Bros 3DS? If Nintendo has any brains they'd release this within the next year or two. Sales would be crazy and with the circle pad, Street Pass, and better WiFi they have the perfect handheld to introduce the series.

Rio
05-19-2011, 12:13 PM
E3...I'm telling you.

Smash Bros 3DS? If Nintendo has any brains they'd release this within the next year or two. Sales would be crazy and with the circle pad, Street Pass, and better WiFi they have the perfect handheld to introduce the series.That.would.be.AWESOMESAUCE! I'm surprised they haven't done a handheld Smash Bros yet because competitions will be taken to a whole new level. : D........

violin
07-15-2011, 07:06 PM
I know it's an old thread but I just want to say that I bought the Zelda game and it's soooo cooool. All the graphics are mostly remade and it looks much better than the original one. Also has much more visual effect. It's worth the money I paid for that console :)

Rio
07-15-2011, 10:05 PM
I know it's an old thread but I just want to say that I bought the Zelda game and it's soooo cooool. All the graphics are mostly remade and it looks much better than the original one. Also has much more visual effect. It's worth the money I paid for that console :)That's good to hear! Maybe I'll get myself a second copy. Did you sign up for the free Zelda soundtrack at Club Nintendo? I was debating whether to buy OoT so I can get my hands on the soundtrack.

violin
07-15-2011, 11:18 PM
It says that the promotion is over. So I couldn't get the soundtrack cd.

Afrobit
07-16-2011, 02:30 AM
I bought Zelda for my boyfriend. (aka partly for me because I don't want to spend the money on the 3DS. 8D) It looks amazing in 3-D. It really pops out compared to the other games. This is how they should aim future games for the 3DS to look like.

Once they release more games for the 3DS, I'll probably but it. It is quite nifty, but it's lacking in games as of now.

Though the 3D will give headaches if you look at the wrong way for a moment or use it too long. 8( Nintendo is telling us to go outside and play.

violin
07-16-2011, 03:24 PM
I have no headaches and I played in 3D for about 4 hours. (that's after a 8 hours of work on a PC at work). But sometimes it gets hard to focus if your eyes are tired so you have to disable it. That fairy goes out every hour or two saying that you should take a rest :)

Delphinus
07-18-2011, 11:47 AM
I'll probably get the 3DS in August. Either that or a new iPod. I want to get some sort of fancy gadget as a present to myself on my 18th.

Afrobit
07-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Go this week to Target and buy one. You get a free $25 gift card with the purchase. Just make the game you're going to get a separate transaction. Pretty good deal.

Fenn
07-18-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm waiting til they package it with Mario Kart.

ClockHand
07-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Megaman Legend 3 its cancelled.

So know i have 0 reasons to buy a 3DS.

LVUER
07-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Cancelled!? o_O Noooooooooo!!! (dramatic wailing)

Delphinus
07-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Go this week to Target and buy one. You get a free $25 gift card with the purchase. Just make the game you're going to get a separate transaction. Pretty good deal.

Sadly I don't live in the US...

Sylux
07-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Sadly I don't live in the US...

Doh!

Fenn
07-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Whether you own it already or not, there's news for everyone here: http://www.1up.com/news/3ds-price-drops-16999-august-early-adopters-get-free-games

Did I call it or what?

Rio
07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Wow, what a price reduction! I'm still not getting one though as I'm still fine with my DS Lite. When they get more games, I'll re-consider.

Fenn
07-30-2011, 11:07 AM
When they get more games...

http://www.mario-kart.net/images/mk3ds/mario-kart-3ds-system.jpg

Superdooperphailmachine
08-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm not getting one till they are red.