PDA

View Full Version : I need advice...

KakashiTheSharingan
03-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I been drawing since i was 7 years old...but when i was in 8th grade i got back into art because that naruto show i started watching at the time....I'm still improving and i feel good about myself...i finally got something that im interested in...Making comics and mangas...But there's a major problem...When i make my comics? I wanna improve...I want that comic style in my drawings but my drawings looks like a kid did them...Anyone have anything advice to help me with? How do i improve my art skills? Has anyone art looks like this when they first started:

http://i52.tinypic.com/oq8uh1.jpg

Rio
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
A lot of people's art look like that when they start. If you want to improve, there's nothing else except to practice, learn, draw, and even more practice. If you're making manga specifically, maybe you should post your workup in the Manga Works section and get feedback there.

KakashiTheSharingan
03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
I practice everyday and its not working right....I want to have a style that's similar to my favorite artists;especially Kishimoto, because he use realism in his manga characters. How to come up with your own style of drawing? Should i practice drawing different things?

Rio
03-02-2011, 07:35 PM
If you want to draw like Kishimoto, then you should study his drawing style and ape it. If you want to come up with your own style, then yes, your best bet is to draw different styles, mesh them, and find your own look.

KakashiTheSharingan
03-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Okay, thanks Rio You're a great help! I mean i still a amateur at this and i know how to draw manga its just the figures and shadows and the face and anatomy and all of that is knocking me off but im not giving up. I wanna be a great successful artist...I came too far and so ima start uploading photos and i would like as much advice as possible because i love to experience at what i do...and i love mistakes because i like to find my errors and know what im doing wrong. Right now i know what i need to work on. I'm going to practice it right now. Thanks alot! You're a good helper!

Fenn
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
I practice everyday and its not working right....I want to have a style that's similar to my favorite artists;especially Kishimoto, because he use realism in his manga characters. How to come up with your own style of drawing? Should i practice drawing different things?

Really everything but anatomy looks pretty good, and even then its just a few of the images. One big tip is observe. Everything. Look at objects around your house, study the shapes and motions of the human body in pictures and movies. If you are unfamiliar with a subject, drawing it the way you want becomes that much harder, even in comics.

KakashiTheSharingan
03-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Okay thanks for the advice Fenn