PDA

View Full Version : Art tool: Change window transparencies with your mousewheel!!

Hamachi
02-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Looked around and found this nifty little app known as Feewhee (http://www.nattyware.com/feewhee.php) that allows you to change the transparency of your selected window by using SHIFT-scrollwheel.

How is this important, you might ask? Well, it means I'll be able to do tablet practice off pictures an extremely awesome way: Open my art program, decrease its transparency. Alt+Tab to Deviantart; choose a picture, Alt+Tab back, start tracing; rinse and repeat. For those of you who like to work off references, it's one less layer/import to worry about eh?

But mainly, I like this because it means I'll be able to do gestures off Posemaniacs directly over each 30-second picture. Actually, scratch that. This means I'll be able to do gestures off any kind of media that has a slideshow setting, DeviantArt included.

I dunno if tons of you already have this figured out... in which case... I might just be posting this for the rest of us >_> ... but yeah, it's extremely neat, haha.

Technical stuff
I found I could make this thing always run when your computer turns on by two simple steps:

1. Type shell:startup in your search bar after clicking on START
2. Paste a shortcut to feewhee in the folder that pops up and voila!

EDIT: BLARGH I meant to post this in Tutorials. Oh well.

Rio
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Moved because you find the neatest links eva Hamachi. Not that I'll ever use it but maybe someone else will?

Anty
02-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Like me? O.o awesome stuff :D

KakashiTheSharingan
02-27-2011, 03:19 PM
That's so cool ima...get that software..is it for Windows

Hamachi
03-02-2011, 03:27 AM
A bit late in responding, but yeah it's for Windows.