PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I'm really excited to be drawing manga again!

Nova1123
02-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Hey. I'm new here. I haven't drawn manga in sooo long. I got distracted with school and everything. but I'm really happy that I found this place! I'm hoping to be able to learn more about manga and improve my drawing skills (they're a bit rusty after a four year absence of use). So when I get around to uploading a few of my drawings, I hope I'll get a few critiques :D

Hayashida
02-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey what's up. Welcome.

indescribable
02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Hello.

Hayashida
02-23-2011, 09:50 PM
What a good standard welcome there, Taylour.

angel_dreamer13
02-23-2011, 09:57 PM
hi :) welcome to the site.

Evil_Cake
02-24-2011, 11:04 AM
yo. so have u not drawn at all for 4 years?

GunZet
02-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Holy...man, college just kills people doesn't it?
Ah well, welcome to MT mate. Have fun in this...I dunno if I can say hell hole, but it's pretty close, except funner. Stick around lol.

M3S1H
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Welcome to this topsy-turvy land. MT is basically just a place for fun, and a place to improve your manga. Hopefully we'll see you a lot more around the site. In the meantime, I might as well give you a short list of well known members around MT, and their traits:

Rio - Founder of the site. She's pretty nice, and encourages us to draw more manga. She's one of the uplifting people in MT.

Indescribable - She's pretty sarcastic, and seems somewhat energetic. Most people tend to see her as one of the most memorable people on MT.

Hayashida - Almost indescribable. Hayashida's basically just an all-around guy who's nice, and is just...well...awesome.

Evil_Cake - Perhaps the most uplifting of us all. Cake's sort of random and fun to chat with. He's also really creative.

Delphinus - The smart guy. Delphinus knows what he's talking about, and has facts to back it up. From what I've seen, he knows how to act in certain situations.

Pajamajam - Pretty normal. I haven't spoken with her a lot, if all, but from what I've seen, she leans more toward average and is liked by most of us, if not all of us, in MT.

CypressDahlia - "The artist." By "artist", I mean Cyp's art surpasses most art I've ever seen. Cypress is extremely skilled in art, and also makes statements with facts to back it up, much like Delphinus.

Yara - "Rio#2" Yara is much like Rio, she encourages us, looks through most threads, and seems really uplifting. I'm pretty sure everyone gets along with her.

Matt - The moe artist. Matt loves moe art, and he's really good at drawing it. He's only been drawing manga for a few years, but it's obvious that he's way above average in skill level.

PWhit - PWhit starts up a lot of debates, and most of them leave you thinking about the question. He seems to try to prove something to us through these debates, and most of the time he succeeds in it.

Kodos - I don't have much to say about Kodos, but he rivals Delphinus in reasoning and making valid statements. That's pretty much it.

Saphira - Much like Pajamajam, Saphira is average and is usually liked by all members. She also seems to enter debates at some point, making good statements.

GunZet - Seemingly random at times, he's serious when he needs to be serious. He also enjoys skateboarding.

Angel_Dreamer13 - Pretty normal. I haven't seen Angel around much lately, but I'm assuming she'll (I don't know Angel's gender so I'm assuming) post a lot more in the future.

Byakuran - Byakuran's pretty random at times, and is fun to be around. I'm sure you'll become friends with her.

Jubeh - One word - fun. Jubeh is really fun to talk to, and will usually brighten up anyone. Oh, he's also a mod. NEVER forget that...

Shinyy - Pretty average. Shinyy is like most of around MT, but seems to have a higher humor output. Simply put, Shinyy's pretty epic.

Bacon_Barbarian - Much like Cake, you'll grow to know Bacon as one of the most uplifting people in MT. On certain occasions he may be found posting in debate threads.

Hamachi - Hamachi starts really interesting things. If you're ever bored, take a look through Hamachi's posts.

Clockhand - Clock uses reasoning in most of his posts, and uses serious humor when he's being random. You'll probably grow used to him.

Toast - Toast is a lot like Bacon. She uses reasoning when he needs to, and is funny when he is able to be such.

Sylux - You'll find yourself laughing through most of his posts. Sylux seems to make a lot of jokes, and always brightens up my day.

Blue_Dragon - She's similar to Rio and Yara, but seems a little happier than both. Another one of us worth knowing.

Son44 - Similar to, well, everyone. You'll probably see him as one of the most average people here.

Sunny - Another person in the uplifting group. She doesn't post a lot, but it's obvious that she's cheerful and happy.

That's pretty much it...hopefully I didn't forget anyone.

butternut
02-24-2011, 12:34 PM
well, M you forgot someone called 'M3S1H'

M3S1H - One word - talkative. Oh yeah, just look into his posts and each one has at least 4 lines. Well, haven't really chatted with him, but he's p.cool too. From what I get, its kinda like a roller-coaster ride-all extremes! Hope i'm not wrong M ;)

Oh and welcome to the site Nova! I'm sure you'll have loads of fun around! =)

indescribable
02-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Bya is a girl, as is Toast. Just fyi.

Red
02-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Welcome to Manga Tutorials.

I can't wait to see your works.

indescribable
02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Lol, nice edit, M3S1H.

Rio
02-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Wow, you got us all profiled huh M3S1H - pretty cool. Anyways, welcome Nova! Hopefully we didn't scare ya - I notice you haven't posted any reply.... D:

Yara
02-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Hi Nova =) welcome to MT <-- a crazily addictive place
*Looks at Nova* --> http://www.smileydesign.net/smileys/imotion49.gif
Maaann! you're so eager!

Oh, M3S1H! *^_^*

Ok, here's about ya:
M3S1H is a nice, caring guy ^_^. Well-known for his thread: The Problem Thread (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?258-The-Problem-Thread&highlight=M3S1H)

Good analysis of MTs, psychologist M3S1H!! Thanks for making my morning; now I'm more motivated to start studying.

angel_dreamer13
02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
lol M3S1H, I was just skimming the page and it took me a minute to figure out why your post was so long XD
you've really got the whole place analyzed huh?

MiKuRu
02-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Yo. Welcome to MT.

Nova1123
02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Ah, pretty much. I'm one of those people who focus all their energy on one thing at a time. and I was focused on school, so drawing pretty much took a back burner. But I'm done with school...for now. So now I can turn my focus back to drawing :)

Ya I like this place already! Thanks for the tips by the way.

Haha no, you guys didn't scare me.

Yara
02-26-2011, 02:43 PM
*whispers*
Double posting is not allowed.. wait, you posted three times! 0_o I guess you'll be forgiven this time since you're new ^^"

Rio
02-27-2011, 07:38 PM
If you want to edit your post, I suggest you hit the Edit button on the lower-right corner of your message. It'll save people from trying to figure out that the same person posted three times.