PDA

View Full Version : Music forum?

Fenn
02-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Not a big deal but I noticed we have subforums for video games and a writer's corner, so would it be possible to have a small section to discuss anything music-related? Might be a stretch.

jubeh
02-22-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't see why anyone would want more subforums. Just for the sake of having them?

Hayashida
02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
We've got a musicians thread but only like three people post in it.

Superdooperphailmachine
02-27-2011, 09:33 AM
You could always join a music forum.

Fenn
03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't see why anyone would want more subforums. Just for the sake of having them?

It slows down the rate of thread deaths.

We've got a musicians thread but only like three people post in it.

Musicians is more narrow than music. Music would include musicians, singers, and music listeners. Much more content.

You could always join a music forum.

Using that logic why do we have a video game forum, or general discussion? The only forums we should have are Anime, Manga, and Drawing.

And I did say it was no biggie. Just a suggestion.

Hayashida
03-09-2011, 06:26 PM
It slows down the rate of thread deaths.

This alone should tell you why we don't need one. If you make a thread about music and it dies relatively fast, then a subforum is going to be pointless.

Fenn
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM
This alone should tell you why we don't need one. If you make a thread about music and it dies relatively fast, then a subforum is going to be pointless.

Hm, that's true. Thing is, music threads usually do pretty well, but they get lost amid the unrelated threads. But if I'm the only one who wants one clearly it's not a priority.

Jpg
03-15-2011, 03:36 AM
I on the music forum idea.
Maybe it'll allow each musician to have their own thread to themselves to post their stuff. :)

Hayashida
03-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I dunno. Maybe if you guys get some kind of petition going.

Byakuran
03-15-2011, 03:30 PM
How about a subforum wherein we discuss other subforums? .... oh yes i'm just trying to be funny.......

jubeh
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Music discussion threads don't last in the first place. People don't want to talk about music, they just want to show everyone what music they're listening to and all the bands you've never heard of.

A music subforum would be this --

Somebody posts a thread about car sick cars saying hey these guys are rad.

The following posts are:

"Cool I'll check them out."

said in four different ways. Thread is done until they release a new album.

In a way a subforum just becomes just a giant list thread. Which is what all music threads become anyway.