PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - Want to touch my Poke Balls?

Pages : [1] 2

Bacon_Barbarian
02-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Come come now, I can't be the only one who still plays this, right? Also, the new Pokemon Games: Black and White (poor naming IMO) come out March 6th. Which, makes a grand total of 649 Pokemon to pit in battle.

Just look at the new Grass starter!

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4617115/Excalibur-From-United-King-Im-looking-for-him-Im-going-to-California.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=smugleaf

Serious Buisness now. FCs! If you want them, just notify me in this thread!

jubeh = 2752 0521 8357
psyguy = 1506 5028 1478
hayashida = 3052-7095-8238.
evil cake = 4684 7984 3086
wolflee = 2021 9082 1453

Fenn
02-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Planning on picking up Black. I don't watch the show or play the card game but the video game is just too fun. Don't try to get technical with me though; I don't have the patience to EV train or breed god-mode pokes.

ScarletHue
02-22-2011, 04:54 AM
the games are hella fun i have to admit. and i might pick it up ( remembers that he has a DS light somewhere ).

having said that it annoys me that they keep adding more and more pokemon all the time.
649 pokemon ? for reals.....
it was fun to ' gotta catch em all ' back when it was reasonable.

but still...catching my favourites out of the new ones they make , training them and completing the quest is still fun :D

Fenn
02-22-2011, 09:08 AM
the games are hella fun i have to admit. and i might pick it up ( remembers that he has a DS light somewhere ).

having said that it annoys me that they keep adding more and more pokemon all the time.
649 pokemon ? for reals.....
it was fun to ' gotta catch em all ' back when it was reasonable.

but still...catching my favourites out of the new ones they make , training them and completing the quest is still fun :D

Yeah it's getting crazy. Some of the new pokemon don't even look like they are based off of anything (except maybe drug-induced hallucinations), but I can't really blame the developers. Actually the new cast looks more like spirits or dieties of obscure religions which is kinda cool.

That being said I gave up trying to complete my Dex. With B/W all the pokemon are brand new though so you could just shoot to complete that portion.

Hell_Baron
02-22-2011, 09:50 AM
to be honest, i stopped liking pokemon when pearl and daimond came out.
while playing daimond i suddenly thought to myself: "why am i doing this? there's no way in hell i'm getting ALL of the pokemon on one game without using hax! *insert computer monitor thrown*"
in my opinion, pokemon is becoming a gimmick.
everytime a "new" pokemon game is coming out, it's practicly the same game, but with more of those little shits!

i don't know, maybe i've grown out of it...

Bacon_Barbarian
02-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Meh, I've actually never bothered to catch them all. I just EV train and breed. ... Which I use to have no patience for. And 649 may seem like a lot, but you can't catch ANY of the previous 493 Pokemon untill you beat the E4, so I think it'll be OK. Also I pre-ordered White a few days ago.

And the new Anime actually looks half decent. Though, they did finally get rid of Brock... I actually use to sprite Pokemon, back in the good ol' days. :/

EDIT:

everytime a "new" pokemon game is coming out, it's practicly the same game, but with more of those little shits!

What else would Game Freak do?

Fenn
02-23-2011, 12:02 PM

i don't know, maybe i've grown out of it...

The new one lets you do live battling online and has triple battles, fully animated sprites, and a completely new roster.

Though it's totally natural to outgrow a series. Don't feel bad.

Red
02-24-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm getting Pokemon White for Zekrom.

I'm going to gamestop to get the Celebi event pokemon(First one exclusive to the US as far as I know.).
I completely despise Oshuawott and I would go for Snivy completely, but is five weaknesses really worth it?

I might just have to choose Oshuawott...

DrPumpkin
02-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah. Got P. White a while back.

I thought the plot was a bit odd. I mean, it felt they were actually trying with the plot this time but kinda failed, or sort of gave up half way through. But who the hell plays pokemon for plot?

The rest is all your Pokemon goodness. Heaven knows I've wasted 100 hours on that game.

Evil_Cake
02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I like catching pokemon but not the battles

Hugbees
03-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I'll be getting White. I didn't think I'd get back into the series but once you're in it, it's really hard to keep away. It's almost like World of Warcraft, though I've successfully been off of that for 2 years and going strong.

I hear through the Pokemon Dream World it will be possible to capture all of the pokemon, but it's completely up to the developers what they put up and when or something to that extent. Either way, the game itself doesn't even expect you to catch them anymore, as with D/P it was all about how many were seen.

goggy
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm playing Pokemon White right now.

It's awesome. <3

Ozzaharwood
03-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Huhwut. I thought it comes out tomorrow?..

goggy
03-06-2011, 05:44 PM
England got it first.

Shinyy
03-08-2011, 12:19 AM
I can't wait till I get my first shiny. I picked up the game Sunday, though haven't played it much.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-08-2011, 05:53 AM
So far I've beaten 5 Gyms. Must say Im quite enjoying myself, and Team Plasma should stuff it.

EDIT: The Dream World wont be available until the 30th. *sigh*

Evil_Cake
03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
is the fighting system still the same

jubeh
03-08-2011, 06:27 PM
I caved in and bought this. ):

Matt
03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I bought white the day after my friend got Black, and we're planning to catch . . . no, see all the new Pokemon. I gave up on catching them all in red and blue after I learned that you had to basically have three games and two Game Boys in order to actually get all 150 Pokemon, and that's not including going to New York or somewhere far away just to get one Pokemon (Mew). If I all I have to do is see them all now, I think I can manage it.

I wasn't really happy with the starters, though. The last starter I thought looked halfway cool was Piplup, back in D/P/Pl, which I never bought. The last decent-looking set of starters was the 3rd generation (Mudkip, Torchic, Treeko), in my opinion. Too many of the new ones look like random doodles, like inanimate objects, or like monkeys. I don't like monkeys much. The legendaries look pretty cool, though.

Another thing: they finally got the camera moving! I'm not sure if it's been around since 4th generation, but it's new to me since I skipped D/P/Pl. Also, animated battlers look awesome, especially since they didn't wreck it with low-poly 3D models.

I can't give a full evaluation, since I got it, like, an hour ago, but I can safely say that it easily surpasses all previous generations already. It's a bit slow, but that might be because I'm used to 250-500&#37; speed on my emulator.

EDIT: @Evil Cake - Yep, the battles are pretty much the same, except they're nearly fully animated and the camera moves around. I'm still waiting for my guys to actually run up to the opponent and tackle them instead of having a hit thingy appear over them. Not even the 3D games did that, though (Colosseum, XD, and [I think] Battle Revolution).

Bacon_Barbarian
03-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I caved in and bought this. ):

Really?

I bought white the day after my friend got Black, and we're planning to catch . . . no, see all the new Pokemon. I gave up on catching them all in red and blue after I learned that you had to basically have three games and two Game Boys in order to actually get all 150 Pokemon, and that's not including going to New York or somewhere far away just to get one Pokemon (Mew). If I all I have to do is see them all now, I think I can manage it.

If ypur friend has Black you probably can catch them all (as far as the Regional Dex goes).

I wasn't really happy with the starters, though. The last starter I thought looked halfway cool was Piplup, back in D/P/Pl, which I never bought. The last decent-looking set of starters was the 3rd generation (Mudkip, Torchic, Treeko), in my opinion. Too many of the new ones look like random doodles, like inanimate objects, or like monkeys. I don't like monkeys much. The legendaries look pretty cool, though.

I like Gen IVs starters myself, but I agree, this generations starters aren't too great, but they aren't the worst either.

Another thing: they finally got the camera moving! I'm not sure if it's been around since 4th generation, but it's new to me since I skipped D/P/Pl. Also, animated battlers look awesome, especially since they didn't wreck it with low-poly 3D models.

Tiny bit starting with Platinum.

I can't give a full evaluation, since I got it, like, an hour ago, but I can safely say that it easily surpasses all previous generations already. It's a bit slow, but that might be because I'm used to 250-500&#37; speed on my emulator.

Lol. Ive had the flu for the last 2 days, so I've actually just clocked over 24 hours.... I have a problem, OK!

jubeh
03-08-2011, 10:27 PM
This generation had the best starters.

You guys are mad.

Evil_Cake
03-08-2011, 11:03 PM
yellow had the best starter

Bacon_Barbarian
03-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Witty Cake, witty. I liked Colosseum's starters myself. Espeon and Umbreon @ level 25, is their a better way to start a game?

Fenn
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Witty Cake, witty. I liked Colosseum's starters myself. Espeon and Umbreon @ level 25, is their a better way to start a game?

Yes. Yes. And yes.

Anyways I heard the plot is halfway interesting this time. Anyone like/dislike it?

jubeh
03-09-2011, 08:21 PM
It's definitely a better story than any of the other titles.

Evil_Cake
03-09-2011, 08:54 PM
I didn't know the other ones had stories

Bacon_Barbarian
03-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Quiet Cake.

Fenn: What's a better way. (I meant Pokemon, not all VGs.)

jubeh
03-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I didn't know the other ones had stories

They really didn't.

Quiet Cake.

Lol bacon barbarian is telling cake to be quiet. That is just something else.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-09-2011, 09:13 PM
I havent logged on in like a month... I was trying to be playfull. :/

Anyway, beat the 8th Gym today but cant get motivated to take on Victory Road, and I have strep, so I'll probably do it tommorow

Evil_Cake
03-09-2011, 10:28 PM
that way ur throat will feel better and u can shout battle cries as u play

Psy
03-10-2011, 12:26 AM
I asked in the wrong thread (oops).

Is it just me or is it slower going this time and tougher but a hell of a lot more places to rest your pokemon?
Leveling up pokemon is maddening slow imo.

Allso i have a legit Mew from some gamestop event last year some time in platinum so they arent as rare as youd think.

jubeh
03-10-2011, 12:30 AM
I really regret trading in my pearl. I had an entire box full of woopers

Whoa did you guys know about this

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Entralink

Psy
03-10-2011, 12:43 AM
i found out about it in game but i dont get how to use it. i tried the online thing with the c gear but it gives me some error code.

Arashi500
03-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Enjoying this gen so far. Audino is such a great tank.

wish my DS lite supported WPA so I could use the online features

jubeh
03-10-2011, 11:58 AM
i found out about it in game but i dont get how to use it. i tried the online thing with the c gear but it gives me some error code.

Are you able to get online at all?

Bacon_Barbarian
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Not available until the 30th you guys.

jubeh
03-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Whoa just fought my first triple battle. That was way too hectic. I think I prefer doubles.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Whoa just fought my first triple battle. That was way too hectic. I think I prefer doubles.
The guy in Driftveil? Yeah, I think Rotation battles still look cool.

jubeh
03-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Omg I have an emboar now.

Fucking fire beard.

Hayashida
03-10-2011, 10:22 PM
:monkey_dance: grats mang

Jpg
03-11-2011, 03:40 AM
I love pokemon, I play competitively.
I played B+W in japanese when it 1st came out months ago just to get a glimpse of what it looked like, and I loved it.
I love the random wifi battling feature, 3 vs 3.

Only good starter is Snivy so that you can Choice Scarf, Leaf Storm abuse combo as Seperior.
Leaf Storm is broken with his hidden ability, Contrary, 140 base power + stab, lowers special atk by 2 stages but since he has Contrary, his attack goes up 2 stages every time you use it. So everytime you use Leaf Storm your attack doubles.
Can you say, sweep a whole team?
Only has 5pp so give him a PP Ups.

For the sake of argument...
Best starters are now:
Sceptile w/ sub + petaya berry
Blaziken, new dream world ability is Speed Boost, 1 Protect and his speed is unmatchable except vs a choice scarfer.
Swampert w/ Leftovers, immunity to electric, can learn earthquake, stealth rocks, waterfall, roar

Before Dream World in B+W, the best starters were-
Torterra is wack but Infernape and Empoleon are beast.

Infernape mixed sweeper set w/ life orb can dominate whole teams.
Empoleon w/ sub + petaya berry is epic + being steel/water gives him 11 resistances + 1 immunity.

I can't wait until I get White...

Maybe when I get it we can Wifi Battle guys?

jubeh
03-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Man the pacing of this game is whack sometimes.

So you beat a gym leader and you're like alright time to go to the next town. As soon as you walk out fucking cheren's like ITS TIME TO FIGHT BITCH.

But I just got done fighting my pokemon are hurt--

TOO BAD.

So after that you're like fuck and then you make one wrong turn and some guy's like HEY WE MADE EYE CONTACT LETS BATTLE even though you weren't even facing him. What the hell man.

And that electric cavern was awful. Just awful. I would get a random battle every two steps and I'm not exaggerating. I now have a bag just full of super repels.

Anyway what does stab mean I hear that often from the hardcore guys.

Evil_Cake
03-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I would get a random battle every two steps uhg

jubeh
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
ikr

That's really my biggest beef right now. At first there weren't a whole lot of battles but now it's like once every minute at least. Sometimes I just want to chill out man.

Evil_Cake
03-11-2011, 05:11 PM
thats the main reason I dont want 2 get it

Hayashida
03-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Super repel is an indispensable item in these games but they're so expensive early on when you really need them

jubeh
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I seem to be like a millionaire so its not a big deal.

Evil_Cake
03-11-2011, 08:21 PM
i dont remember it being like that in red or gold

GunZet
03-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Odd I remember all the caves and super grassed up areas being like that. Or maybe there are just bad days to go for a walk lol.

Jpg
03-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Anyway what does stab mean I hear that often from the hardcore guys.

Stab means Same-Type Attack Bonus. Which equals 50&#37; more damage.
IE...
If a Dragon-type and a Elec-type Pokemon both know Thunderbolt and they have the same special attack.
The Elec-type Pokemon's Thunderbolt will do 50% more damage than the Dragon-type Pokemon doing Thunderbolt.

Dragon's Thunderbolt does 90 base power, when super effective it does double so it does 180 base damage.
Elec's Thunderbolt does 135 base power, when super effective it does 265 base damage.
See why stab is so useful? :)

So Seperior's Leaf Storm has 140 Base power, with stab it does 50% more damage = 210 base damage, along with the increase of sp. attack 2 stages every time it hits, after 1 or 2 increases it can ohko almost anything(maybe except for a blissey).

jubeh
03-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah I actually googled that right as I asked it. Cool info though.

Jpg
03-11-2011, 10:05 PM
1000 posts Jubeh!

I'm gonna get Black tomorrow.
I was going to get White, but I rather get Reshiram than Zekrom.
Not enough good Sp. Attackers.

Anybody care to change my mind?
Anything I should know?

jubeh
03-11-2011, 10:07 PM
What it really comes down to is whether you are racist or not.

Evil_Cake
03-11-2011, 10:21 PM
yeah just like if you picked gold u were subconsciously trying to hide the fact u hate silver people

Hayashida
03-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I was gonna get white cuz the legendary pokemon looks best and also it has that forest thing

jubeh
03-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I've got white and I've been trying to catch all the white exclusive mons for anyone that wants to trade.

Ozzaharwood
03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
I HAVE A GREAT IDEERE.

Buy an action replay. DONE.

Hayashida
03-12-2011, 12:04 AM
What fun is that though

jubeh
03-12-2011, 12:33 AM
This guy sounds like a cheater

Evil_Cake
03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
uhg gotta fight off the urge to buy :cat_panic:

Arashi500
03-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Man, i just spent 70,000 pokedollars or watev the currency is called on the fire blast TM in the icirrus shop thinking it was 7000. That was 4/5 of my money right there.

I'm making me a a steel team I've decided. Got Ferrothorn and Excadrill and soon I'll hae Escavalier and Bisharp and Klinklang and my other slot will probably be Archeops or Haxorus.

Evil_Cake
03-12-2011, 02:01 AM
u'll have pokeballs of steel

Arashi500
03-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Obviously.

Spent 30 minutes looking for an axe in the wrong cave because I'm an idiot and I managed to catch a cryogonal(1&#37; appearance rate outside winter, 5% during winter!).

Psy
03-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Jubeh if you are up for it I can trade you that Throh if you want it. I have my friend code ready when you want it. I'm up for any pokemon in return doesn't matter to me.

jubeh
03-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Okay sweet I can be on later today or all day tomorrow

Edit: Global trading system is broken as all hell. Im out looking for common pokemon and people want starters and legendaries for them

Double edit: My friend code is 2752 0521 8357

Fenn
03-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I love how futuristic it feels. Having the C-Gear on the bottom screen helps create some immersion and builds a connection with the greater pkmn community. very cool. Adds persistence to the world.

Psy
03-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Okay sweet I can be on later today or all day tomorrow

Edit: Global trading system is broken as all hell. Im out looking for common pokemon and people want starters and legendaries for them

Double edit: My friend code is 2752 0521 8357

Ok I can trade when you want. I'm on now. Mine is 1506 5028 1478

Matt
03-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Did anyone else get the Liberty Pass?

Honestly, I'm not even to the point in the game where I can use it. I've been running around Pinwheel Forest for a few days to level up my guys, but I got sick of Purrloin because it leveled up so slow, hated the way that beaver thing looked, and decided I needed a flier. I've been looking for that bug-type thing the one trainer had, but I can never find it. It's getting harder to remember their names. Even the retarded ones.

Another quibble I have is that I lost the Pick Up ability when Lillipup evolved, and that was how I got all my potions and such, since I'd long since beaten all the trainers in the area (who I've noticed are a lot of the times weaker than the wild Pokemon this time around).

I'm done ranting for now. The game's good, despite all I've said.

Evil_Cake
03-12-2011, 06:03 PM
lol for a sec I thought quibble was a pokemon

Hayashida
03-12-2011, 06:33 PM
I broke down and got pokémon white. Also I bought a DSi. :ascii_whistle:

jubeh
03-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Psy I've been at work! I'm free for the rest of the day so if you get on tell me. I got a throh from some japanese guy but it was level 60 and had the shittiest moves so I need one of fairly low level. Also a sawk if you have one.

Anyway we should get all the friend codes into the op.

And it is just me or is the elite four in this game actually pretty fucking elite. The first chick owns me for free.

Edit; Wow just read the instruction manual. This game has ranked battles and stuff. So many features I did not know about. You can literally be the best that no one ever was.

Psy
03-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I will be in a poke center in like 2mins and I have both for you.

jubeh
03-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Yay okay I have no idea how this works

Psy
03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I think it's the middle room up top. I have you registered and seeking for a trade.

jubeh
03-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Uh okay gonna do that then

Psy
03-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Thought I should mention Im downesh in the game not Psy.

jubeh
03-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Okay my name in the game is james. Does that matter?

Edit: Thanks psy you are the best

Psy
03-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I just figured it would be confusing. No prob your welcome. I've been wanting this chinchilla forever lol thanks.

jubeh
03-12-2011, 07:44 PM
It was a lucky guess. I wish there were an easier way to communicate though.

Evil_Cake
03-12-2011, 07:50 PM
I broke down and got pokémon white. Also I bought a DSi. :ascii_whistle:

u fool :cat_noes:

jubeh
03-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Its just you cake.

Join us.

One of us.

One of us.

Hayashida
03-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't know how to find my friend code. But my name in the game is John if that matters. Also my Tepig is called Winston.

jubeh
03-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Your friend code shows up in your pal pad. You have to get that first.

Hayashida
03-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Okay my friend code is 3052-7095-8238.

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Aight added you.

Hayashida
03-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Do you want to battle I should warn you I have a Munna named Clyde

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Um Iduno if we should battle but I can give you a daruma.

Hayashida
03-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Sure.
Why shouldnt we battle tho

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Um because all my dudes are like level 50?

Hayashida
03-13-2011, 12:39 AM
I dunno I think I might be able to take you if I play it just right

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Okay if you want. Can you get on msn

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 11:53 AM
my power went out yesterday so i went and got black

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Do you believe in fate

Fenn
03-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't know how to find my friend code. But my name in the game is John if that matters. Also my Tepig is called Winston.

My Tepig is called Bacon

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Im torn between axew and golett. Which one do I raise!?

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 12:21 PM
what are they even

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Golurk is a ghost/ground type that kind of looks like big o and punches the shit out of dudes

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Golurk

Axew is just a dragon which is why I want to use him even though he looks lame after evolving.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Axew

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 12:29 PM
hmm tough choice

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:31 PM
I think Im gonna do golurk. It's not like Im in a hurry anyway.

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 12:47 PM
man when they were like "lets see who can catch the most pokemon", I caught like 4 lilipups and they only caught 1 thing -_-

and no reward for winning

jubeh
03-13-2011, 12:48 PM
You should go through the game only using lilipups.

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 02:31 PM
4684 7984 3086 is my friend code if anyone wants to trade. like if u have a pikachu somehow

jubeh
03-13-2011, 02:32 PM
If you collect any black exclusives let me know. I have extras of a lot of the white exclusives.

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I could catch an extra cotton plant pokemon if u want one

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cottonee_&#37;28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

jubeh
03-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Please do.

I have solosis, petilil, and rufflet.

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 02:55 PM
since im catching it fresh do u care what it's name is

jubeh
03-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Naw man

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 03:05 PM
ok would u like to trade that bird you have for it

jubeh
03-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Sure I'll go to the room

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 03:19 PM
coo

jubeh
03-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Tell me when you get the goth pokemon. That's the one I want the most.

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 03:23 PM
ok i'll tell u when i get 2

Hayashida
03-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Aw yeah boys just beat the second gym leader

Matt
03-13-2011, 06:04 PM
I just beat the bug leader. He was so cool in the story, but then I saw his battle sprite and he looked kinda gay.

Anyway, Mushmara (I think I got it right?) is owning. Looking for some stronger fliers right now, though.

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 06:10 PM
matt always judging people by their appearance :ascii_noes:

wolfman
03-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Tell me when you get the goth pokemon. That's the one I want the most.

the psychic one? i have one of those in a box i think

jubeh
03-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I can give you a solosis for it.

wolfman
03-13-2011, 07:37 PM
ok errrm i dont know how to trade online though

jubeh
03-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Its easy but I cant trade right now. I'll show you how sometime.

Edit: BEAT THE LITE FOUR AWWWWRIIIIIGHT

Bacon_Barbarian
03-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Man, I actually had to grind to take them, totally pissed about that.

jubeh
03-13-2011, 09:06 PM
I used them for grinding purposes actually. As long as you beat one guy you will break even in terms of money. And the dark guy was really easy since I have a lot of fighting moves.

But yeah they are the hardest elite 4 so far imo. But then again I haven't played a lot of the games.

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 09:51 PM
gj

also can u see pokemon's names when you're fighting someone online? like if its named steve will u see that

Fenn
03-13-2011, 10:03 PM
man when they were like "lets see who can catch the most pokemon", I caught like 4 lilipups and they only caught 1 thing -_-

and no reward for winning

Ha i did the same thing!!! dumb script writers...

jubeh
03-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah I believe so. I was fighting john the other day and it showed names. Iduno if it shows names for random matches though.

Evil_Cake
03-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Ha i did the same thing!!! dumb script writers...

well if u talk to the dude he says "we both have 2" but I talked to him after catching all the stuff >_<

Hayashida
03-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah I came close to beating you James

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 12:20 AM
that electric gym boss was pretty lame since my starter is water and she had 2 flying electric dudes -_-

Arashi500
03-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Man Haxorus is a awesome, don't be dissin' his dino charms.

And damn is there a huge difficulty jump from 8th gym to victory road.

jubeh
03-14-2011, 01:36 AM
After victory road everything is like 10 levels higher than you. At least for me anyway. My dudes were about level 50 when I took on the elite four but now all the trainers are like level 65. What's the dealio.

wolfman
03-14-2011, 06:27 AM
have any of you caught the fire psychic legendary pokemon yet? its sooo annoying to catch O_o it took me like 70 ultra balls while it was on 1 hp and asleep

Hayashida
03-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh Lee I gotta add you on my pok&#233; thingy. Also I gotta add Cake as well.

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 12:07 PM
anyone have a pikachu or one of those flying electric rats for trade

wolfman
03-14-2011, 12:22 PM
you can trade a boldore or whatever its called for one in the city after the electric gym i think

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 12:37 PM
hmm the only trade i saw there was for a fish ._.

Hayashida
03-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I added cake to my friend's list. Lee, what's your friend code?

jubeh
03-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah lee is right. See if you can find that guy because you get an emolga named minipete.

Edit: Lee are you talking about victini? Yeah that was a really dumb fight since all my dudes were like level 40.

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 02:14 PM
i c this thing says its some guy on route 7

jubeh
03-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Y&#233;ah and it can l&#233;arn volt switch which is r&#233;ally ch&#233;ap.

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 02:56 PM
yeah -_- i wanted to just get 6 of them and use volt switch all day

jubeh
03-14-2011, 03:05 PM
That's a great idea

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 04:37 PM
been going after shaky grass in route 6 for like an hour... no emolga but ran into all the other stuff -_- killed like 20 audinos

jubeh
03-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Um did you not find the guy on route 7?

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
i dont have the pokemon to trade for it anyway

wolfman
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
how do you get your friend code o-o
im at the dragon gym atm trying to train up axew

jubeh
03-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Cake: Roggenrollas are way more common than emolgas.

Lee: It's in your pal pad.

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 04:52 PM
is there a quick way 2 evolve them

jubeh
?? Rogenrolas are the first form and emolgas dont evolve.

wolfman
2021 9082 1453

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
?? Rogenrolas are the first form and emolgas dont evolve.

what he just wants a rocknrolla? these websites say he wants the 2nd form >_<

jubeh
03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh he wants boldore eh. Um no the fastest way to level is to fight audios and I can't trade you one because it will evolve.

wolfman
03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
give it an everstone, thats how they stopped the traded haunter evolving in the earlier game
btw emolga cant actually learn fly so youll need something with flying anyway :/

Psy
03-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I think you can catch a bouldor in that electric cave place (I did anyhow and I have black) the cave after the 5th gym.

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 06:55 PM
ok I caught an emolga finally and I also caught a boldore in that electric cave...

so when u trade boldore it evolves? do u know any others like that

wolfman
03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
the really veiny fighting one

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 08:21 PM
also while going to get minipete, I caught another emolga from moving tall grass -_-

wolfman
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
i would use emolga if it could actually learn fly but i prefer the zebra, it learns fire charge for some reason O_o

Evil_Cake
03-14-2011, 10:13 PM
what is with that fish that has hands for fins? frickin nasty

Arashi500
03-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Trade pokemon evolutions:

Karrablast to Escavlier(must be traded for a shelmet)
Shelmet to Accelgor(must be traded for a karrablast)
Gurdurr to Conkeldurr
Boldore to Gigalith

and thats all I know. Also, why did they remove the NPC rematch thing? That would make the game a hell of a lot less frustrating.

jubeh
03-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Posted this on my tumblr but it is relevant to this thread.

James ran out of usable pokemon.

James blacked out!

Wait…I what?

Even when I was an eight year old clutching my holographic Zapdos card I knew that blacking out from losing a pokemon battle was odd. It’s even more odd considering that the you (the main character) are the only one that does that. Any other trainer you beat just stands there after you beat them, glaring at you and wishing harm.

It’s even stranger that you lose money when you do this. Does this happen before you black out?

“Quick take this money before I-I…AGH”

Or do they pilfer your wallet while you’re writhing on the ground in some sort of epileptic poke-siezure?

It is worth noting that your character simply blacks out as opposed to having an actual blackout. This is described by wikipedia as, “a phenomenon caused by the intake of alcohol or other substance in which long term memory creation is impaired or there is a complete inability to recall the past.” But what if this is what the writer is trying to get across to you.

In a world with free, universal healthcare where people use magical animals to solve all of their problems is it so odd that a 10 year old boy or girl would be an alchoholic? Think about it, tumblr. Think about it.

Hayashida
03-15-2011, 12:23 AM
lol thats awesome James, I never thought about that

Arashi500
03-15-2011, 12:42 AM
I just learned that you can't put an un-nicknamed Confagrigus on the global trade center for it's BASE name.

Evil_Cake
03-15-2011, 12:42 AM
i faint because there is such a strong bond between my pokemon and I that I take on their pain one by one as they fall

Jpg
03-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Hey guys I'm back.
I'm back with black, haha. :)
I'm at the second gym.

My girlfriend said that when it comes to losing, a pokemon trainer is a lot like being a pirate.
"The captain must go down with the ship"

I guess I can see a Pokemon trainer in many ways being a lot like being a pirate.
Except for that whole raping, plundering and killing part(Damn you Nintendo!).

Other than that I think they have a lot of similarities.
I mean they both travel the world far and wide, and both don't take baths.

jubeh
03-15-2011, 12:06 PM
i faint because there is such a strong bond between my pokemon and I that I take on their pain one by one as they fall

That's deep

Evil_Cake
03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
also I used my 4 emolgas to destroy the flying gym

Jpg
03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Right now I'm training in Pinwheel Forest right next to the nurse.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-15-2011, 08:50 PM
also I used my 4 emolgas to destroy the flying gym

Right now I'm training in Pinwheel Forest right next to the nurse.

Genius, the both of you.

Evil_Cake
03-15-2011, 09:28 PM
bacon would you kindly put the friend codes in the OP? here are the ones I could find

jubeh = 2752 0521 8357

psyguy = 1506 5028 1478

hayashida = 3052-7095-8238.

evil cake = 4684 7984 3086

wolflee = 2021 9082 1453

Evil_Cake
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
btw can someone trade me a karrablast so my shelmet can evolve, then trade it back to me?

Hayashida
03-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I would but I haven't got one. : /

Evil_Cake
03-15-2011, 11:36 PM
o wait I have a karrablast. I could give u my shelmet then you trade it back

Jpg
03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I persuaded my housemate to get a dsi xl and Pokemon White so that we can battle.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 02:51 PM
nice

also i just realized my gothorita is a dude -_-

jubeh
03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Hahaha what the hell

wolfman
03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
O_o i didnt think that was possible, i thought it would be like jynx

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Re: FCs

Oh, yeah sure.

If anyone wants them added, just post them.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 04:37 PM
thx g

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Going after Waterfal takes FOREVER... Grah.

Jpg
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
They should have called Black and White, Ebony and Ivory instead imo.

Psy
03-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Do any of you make sure you are stronger than the gym leader before you challenge them? If so then by like how much?

Bacon_Barbarian
Ewwwww. No. It was bad enough as a song Title. And Nintendo would've had their asses sued.

PSY: Nah, I just make sure I have a type advantage going in.

Hayashida
Nah, black and white sounds much cleaner and more classic

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Do any of you make sure you are stronger than the gym leader before you challenge them? If so then by like how much?

u pretty much just need 1 pokemon thats super effective to just wipe the floor with them

Jpg
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
My pokemon are always weaker than the gym leaders in terms of levels, but gym leaders are easy since you should have type advantage. 1 pokemon should beat all of theirs.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Mmmmm. Should, B&W Gyms are actually pretty tough. It's always nice to have two. Especially against the Bug Gym. The Poke Ceter actually takes and IRL 2 minutes to get too.

Psy
03-16-2011, 07:55 PM
I allways have to be like at least 2 levels above the gym before im comfy enough to go and attempt the gym leader.

I used a repel for the first time and the damn thing didnt work. I was in some really tall grass and i kept getting into fights with wild pokemon. Do they just not work in the tallest grass?

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 08:00 PM
No, they keep Pokemon with a lower level then that of the Pokemon in your 1st Slot away.

Psy
03-16-2011, 08:03 PM
my pokemon was level 38. the deer thing was like 27 tho. sounds glitchy to me.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 08:07 PM
... Maybe it already ran out on you, plain Repel's run out kind of fast, though you should've been notified.

wolfman
03-16-2011, 08:11 PM
im pretty sure repels dont stop the pokemon in the tall tall grass, the double battle grass and the puddle water away o-o

i have beaten all 8 gyms without having to go out and grind my ass off once, its the main reason ive liked this game so much, i have to grind now though -_- im trying to evolve deino but it is basically larvitar from the other games

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Dont use him. He'll only help with one of the E4. His first evolution is at 50, his second is at 69 (or something). I kid you not.

Psy
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
i want a rufflet
http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/bw/sprites/front/norm/627_rufflet_front_norm.png any one have one? I have that goth thing if you wanto trade for that. or name your price.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
are legendary pokemon extra strong? why not just use them

i want a rufflet
http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/bw/sprites/front/norm/627_rufflet_front_norm.png any one have one? I have that goth thing if you wanto trade for that. or name your price.
I have one from Jubeh that I use for flying. its lvl 34 if you want it

Psy
03-16-2011, 08:24 PM
oh what do you want for it?

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 08:25 PM
I want nothing except ur help in evolving my shelmet and karrablast :o

Psy
03-16-2011, 08:26 PM
so you want to trade them to me and trade them back right?

wolfman
03-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Dont use him. He'll only help with one of the E4. His first evolution is at 50, his second is at 69 (or something). I kid you not.
i just like dragon, and hes dark, i know he levels up late thats why i said hes like larvitar

cake what do you need to evolve it, i can help if you want
i have pokemon black

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 08:31 PM
so you want to trade them to me and trade them back right?

ya

i just like dragon, and hes dark, i know he levels up late thats why i said hes like larvitar

cake what do you need to evolve it, i can help if you want
i have pokemon blackI think you just trade shelmet for karrablast, and they both evolve

Psy
03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
ok so first you trade me shelmet for a random pokemon then i trade it back to you for kerra blast then trade the evolved one for rufflet?

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 08:38 PM
ya, i'll get on and head to the pokemon center if ur on now

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Excadrill just raped a Poliwrath. Hell yeah.

Psy
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
im on. im in the room allready to.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 08:48 PM
crap it will take a little longer, I gotta get my shelmet out of daycare XD

Psy
03-16-2011, 08:50 PM
lol. k. im off work today so i have time.

edit: yup its evolving
edit 2: sorry about that tympole >>. i wanted to give you an drilbur (i think thats the name) but i goofed the box.

I disconnected without asking. did you need any other help?

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 09:00 PM
its cool I hadn't caught a tympole yet XD

edit: nope thats all for now unless u wanted to battle

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 09:01 PM
I havent. Should, but havent.

Psy
03-16-2011, 09:01 PM
ok awesome. Thankxs for the Rufflet and the pokedex data.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 09:03 PM
np. do u already have the fly hm?

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 09:03 PM
If he had the Diaper Baby, then yes.

Psy
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
yeah i have it. i have my swoobat using it but hes weak even at lv35 so i think ima switch them out.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 09:07 PM
aww man shelmet's abilty changed so he doesnt have crit protection anymore D:

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 09:07 PM
What is it now?

Psy
03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
i allways thought they kept the same abilitys. no onder my stoutland soesnt pick anything up anymore.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM
What is it now?

now its just protected from theft

Bacon_Barbarian
03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
That's lame.

Psy: Nope. Only on some lines.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 11:09 PM
are legendary pokemon extra strong or something? if so why wouldnt everyone use them

Jpg
03-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Yea they are, and people do.
When I play with my friends there are tier lists in which we follow.
Most Legendaries are considered Uber Tier, which is the highest level.

Hey guys I'm getting Victini!

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM
nice i hope u brought a lot of pokeballs

also eventually we should all battle each other

Jpg
03-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Yea sure after I beat the game and get my pokemon from my soul silver.
I got Latios, Garchomp, Salamence, Arceus, Darkrai, Groudon, Kyogre, Tyranitar, Blissey, Infernape, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, etc.

Evil_Cake
03-16-2011, 11:56 PM
well I know what mewtwo and infernape are... :cat_whirly:

DrPumpkin
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
I've been pretty bored and decided to pretty much try and 'catch 'em all'.

I'm on 402. Doing pretty well, I reckon.

jubeh
03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm on 403

DrPumpkin
03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Well, you just ruined by Ash Ketchum moment.

I had the cap and everything.

jubeh
03-17-2011, 12:09 AM
http://pkmn.net/anime/characters/gary.jpg

Evil_Cake
03-17-2011, 12:14 AM
what a dick

Jpg
03-17-2011, 12:17 AM
I have practically every good pokemon except for some of the good pokemon from Platinum. Most of the legendaries I got are from Soul Silver, Ho-oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, Raikou, Suicine, Entei, Groudon, Kyogre(Heart Gold), Rayquaza. I also got Celebi, Mew, and Jirachi from events.

I did the wifi trading a lot in Soul Silver.

if anybody needs any of the old pokemon I can trade babies after I beat the game.

Hayashida
03-17-2011, 03:17 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wBJ7ao-_WyA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jpg
03-17-2011, 03:35 AM
Was Brock Spanish or Asian?

Bacon_Barbarian
03-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Well, since it's an anime, and Ash is supposedly Japanese, Brock was Indian.

Also, I need to migrate, but I'm having too much fun with the Unova Pokemon and Legendary hunting.

Jpg
03-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Indian? With those eyes he might be Filipino.

I got Victini guys, but it doesn't know V-Create, wth.

Psy
03-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Because there is no Asia or japan or Europe or anything other than kanto jhoto sinnoh and unova (to our knowledge for now anyways) the people in the games and anime can't be of a race from the real world.

Just like naruto is not Japanese because in his world japan does not exist. Like how ang and zuko are not Chinese because china does not exist in the world of avatar.

Evil_Cake
03-17-2011, 07:23 PM
hmm! on to victory road, to chase my dream!

Jpg
03-17-2011, 10:12 PM
hmm! on to victory road, to chase my dream!

I hafta catch up...

Bacon_Barbarian
03-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Victory Road is a bitch in Unova... Sort of. Be prepared, I was under-leveled I think.

Evil_Cake
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM
what

Bacon_Barbarian
03-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Make sure your guys are in the 40s.

wolfman
03-18-2011, 01:13 AM
durants are bastards for most things other than fire pokemon, they make moving in victory road without repels very tiresome because they are really fast so you they easily whittle your pokemon down and are quite hard to run from

Evil_Cake
03-18-2011, 02:19 AM
jeez they are resistant to so much

Psy
03-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Make sure your guys are in the 40s.

@-@ . . . My pokemon are almost in the 50's and I have two more gyms to go >~>.

jubeh
03-18-2011, 08:24 AM
jeez they are resistant to so much

Like you would think it'd be no biggy since all their mons have one type but they always have one move that destroys the guys that destroys their guys.

During that fight I would just search for the pokemon I was fighting on bulbapedia to see their weaknesses instead of trying to remember it all.

Evil_Cake
03-18-2011, 11:55 AM
i went and caught a druddigon because the ones in that dragon gym seemed pretty tough, but mine dies in like 2 hits to everyone

wolfman
03-18-2011, 01:16 PM
i think that happens alot with dragons o-o they have pretty low health execpt the ones gym leaders get, i got the final evolved form of axew and its got a lot less health than my other pokemon that are like 5 levesl below it

Jpg
03-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I just got a Darumaka, he's beast.

I wish that I didn't pick tepig as my starter...........Victini and Darumaka are better fire pokemon.

Evil_Cake
03-18-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah u could of had a samurai seal, man.

a wrestler pig is alright though

jubeh
03-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Emboar is like my favorite pokemon now.

goggy
03-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Why are there so many fire/fighting starters? :|

Jpg
03-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Fire/Fighting good type combination.
Snivy is the best but he looks so damn cocky.

I just got the 3 shiny legendary dogs(Level 30s) and Celebi(Level 50) from a friend.
I went into the Game Freak building with Celebi and got a level 10 Zorua.

Now I have to cross the desert to get to the 4th gym.

Evil_Cake
03-18-2011, 08:28 PM
hmm what do you get zorua for?

Fenn
03-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Is it worth anything to raise a Purrloin? Mine is awful but I like having a dark type. I feel like the patience will be worth it.

Jpg
03-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Is it worth anything to raise a Purrloin? Mine is awful but I like having a dark type. I feel like the patience will be worth it.

No it's really bad. Only the dream world Liepard is good, with prankster ability, but it's stats are fail.
Whimsicott/Erufuun is better user of Prankster, Leech Seed, Substitute, Protect, + better defenses and speed.

hmm what do you get zorua for?

If you got the Celebi from Gamestop on the first day Black and White came out, you use the time machine to unlock a Zorua in the game.