PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - Want to touch my Poke Balls?

Pages : 1 [2]

Evil_Cake
03-19-2011, 12:04 AM
oic

also whimsicott is the coolest

jubeh
03-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Man the endgame has sapped my will to play. Every trainer is like 15 levels higher than me.

Evil_Cake
03-19-2011, 12:22 AM
farm those shaking bush pokemon that give extra exp when killed and use lucky egg :o

Arashi500
03-19-2011, 12:34 AM
But damn jubeh, those pokemon are still almost all first form, and can be beaten by almost all decent leveled pokemon you'd have at that point. The revamped elite four(75+) and cynthia on the other hand are hard as hell.

Jpg
03-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Man the endgame has sapped my will to play. Every trainer is like 15 levels higher than me.

Are you a pokemon trainer or are you a mouse?

jubeh
03-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Can't I be both

Bacon_Barbarian
03-19-2011, 02:10 PM
No, Purrloin would eat you.

Jpg
03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Dream World comes out March 30th, I can't wait.

DrPumpkin
03-19-2011, 08:56 PM
I got the Japanese game and it hates me so its decided it wants to never connect to the Dream World at all. :'(

Bacon_Barbarian
03-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Wah? Why?

DrPumpkin
03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
It's probably because my old DS is hardly intact.

And also our WiFi is a bit weird.

It's a shame really 'cos I enjoyed collecting and growing berries in the other games and you can only do it in the Dream world in B/W.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Probably your connection an not your DS. Go to the Library?

Arashi500
03-20-2011, 03:03 PM
if u have a original DS or a DS lite it can't connect to either WEP or WPA(I forget which) secured connections.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-20-2011, 03:12 PM
No. It's game related, not system related. Or that's what I remember.

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 03:53 PM
damn elite four i should of kept that embargo move

jubeh
03-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Douchebag used full restore

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 04:10 PM
they all keep using 2 during the fights. doesnt seem very elite to me

Bacon_Barbarian
03-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey, they use to use like, 12.

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 04:34 PM
o that ghost lady didnt because all her guys died in 1 hit

Bacon_Barbarian
03-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Good for you.

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 05:18 PM
elite four? more like elite bore! :cat_ohoho:

Bacon_Barbarian
03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Have fun with Ghetsis. The E4 is actually kind of hard this Generation.

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 10:43 PM
i really like how reshiram shoots dragon breath out of his crotch

Bacon_Barbarian
03-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah... A litle over 60 hours and I have my first level 100. :P

Evil_Cake
03-20-2011, 11:06 PM
ur starter?

Bacon_Barbarian
03-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Victini. :3

Matt
03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
My Victini's sorta pathetic. I'm shooting for a level 100 starter first, Samurott in my case. Unfesant (however you spell that) might beat him there, what with boosted exp. and all. He was my first traded Pokemon.

Sad fact: after owning the game a week, I haven't even beat all the gyms yet. I got a lot more into it when my brother bought Black version, though.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Meh, I dumped Samurott for Jelicent.

And Matt, I was resetting for a few hours to get a good Victini. And then I EV Trained it. I'm into competitive Pokemon. IOW, I'm a big-ass nerd (not that my ass is big)...

Matt
03-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh, wow. I never considered resetting to get a better one--I just wanted to catch it. One HP and asleep, it still broke out. How do you break out of a ball when you're asleep?

Well, I'm training him up. Hopefully he'll be better after a few routs of the Elite Four. Level 100 would be awesome, but I haven't got any of those since filling my party with them in Gold version. Working on a lv. 100 Pidgeot in Moemon Leafgreen (yes, I went there). I'm actually EV training it for high attack. One Island's got a good spot.

White version's the first game I've considered swapping out my starter for someone else, but after turning Dewott into Samurott, I decided against it. Samurott's pretty good.

Evil_Cake
03-21-2011, 02:29 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6c/502.png

cooler than samurott

Bacon_Barbarian
03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Oh, wow. I never considered resetting to get a better one--I just wanted to catch it. One HP and asleep, it still broke out. How do you break out of a ball when you're asleep?

Well, I'm training him up. Hopefully he'll be better after a few routs of the Elite Four. Level 100 would be awesome, but I haven't got any of those since filling my party with them in Gold version. Working on a lv. 100 Pidgeot in Moemon Leafgreen (yes, I went there). I'm actually EV training it for high attack. One Island's got a good spot.

White version's the first game I've considered swapping out my starter for someone else, but after turning Dewott into Samurott, I decided against it. Samurott's pretty good.

Well, I ended up using him to solo the E4. Which he did at level 100, not before (head-desk). Sad thing is, I got him from 15 to 100 in less then 24 hours.

jubeh
03-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Relevant.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/3/21/

Also this

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/03/15/weirdest-pokemon-black-white/

Arashi500
03-21-2011, 08:42 PM

http://www.halolz.com/2011/03/15/trainer-rage/

Also, only 3 more until i've completed the Unova pokedex.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Who are you missing?

Arashi500
03-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Volcrona, Landurus and tornadus. Training my larvesta right now, and my friend is gonna trade me his tornadus for my thunderus so we can get landurus.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Ugggh. Landurus. I have one... He's a bitch to catch. I think I spent 3 hours soft-reseting. :/

jubeh
03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Volcarona is so rad but 4x weakness to rock wtf. ):

Btw arashi you can catch one in relic tower after you beat the game. You don't have to raise the larvamon.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Thank goodness SR is less common now.

Arashi500
03-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Volcarona is so rad but 4x weakness to rock wtf. ):

Btw arashi you can catch one in relic tower after you beat the game. You don't have to raise the larvamon.

I know, I just havn't bothered yet. My favourite steel type, Ferrothorn has a X4 weakness to fire, but it's still amazing. Also only other thing thats super effective against it is fighting, cause steel reduces out all other types good against grass, and grass reduces against ground.

Psy
03-23-2011, 05:12 AM
My bravairy is decently strong but everything kills it. I know flying types have allot of weaknesses but this is just sad. Maybe i should go beat up some rock types (even tho rock slide kills him @@. I love him anyways)

Hell_Baron
03-23-2011, 10:56 AM
I hope you people are in for some pokemon related shits and giggles,
cuz i stumbeled across on a HILARIOUS bootleg of pokemon crystal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_bhwCgtXg&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy...

jubeh
03-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Volcano bakemeat.

Evil_Cake
03-23-2011, 01:14 PM
you had gained monaters from graduate school

Arashi500
03-23-2011, 10:55 PM
The group of Missle Bomb made use of monsters to do evils.

Evil_Cake
03-23-2011, 11:02 PM
missile bomb is a good name

Hell_Baron
03-24-2011, 05:12 AM
for some reason i believe we wil get a shitstorm of memes from this...

On Topic:

You know i'm thinking about playing pokemon again...
Tried getting Pokemon Black for my R4 (i'm a student, and broke like shit) but the damn thing freezes and stuff.
dug up an assload of tutorials, but i still have no fucking clue what to do...

If it's legal to discuss here.... HAILP!

Evil_Cake
03-24-2011, 11:51 AM
nope

Hell_Baron
03-24-2011, 04:14 PM
never mind, allready got it.
SUCK IT NINTENDO!!! (god i feel such a horrible person...)

jubeh
03-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah you're a criminal

ClockHand
03-24-2011, 07:41 PM
So guys, which is the best pokemon game in your opinion?

For my is ruby, saphire and emerald, this is because these where the first pokemon games in apply the IV and EV (as I remember), the first in making a villain team who doesn't have a stupid goal as "steal pokemons", gave us more battles after the elite 4 (the gold and silver were good, and they gave us 2 worlds, kanto and johto, also you could fight against ash, but in here we have a island of battles), gave us the pokemon contests (which wasn't very developted at the time), and was the last pokemon with the best pokemon and starter pokemons (the pokemon black nd white, as pearl and others after these pokemons games gave us some pretty shit pokemons, by design and stats, were the worst).

My last pokemon game that I play it on GB it was the Gold, but I have to recognize that emerald, ruby and saphire where pretty nice games.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Eh, they're all good. All games had IVs and EVs Clock, unless you're saying that's when you started to care about them. And you're joking. Gen V has introduced some of the best Pokemon (by stats) yet.

I'd say my order is as follows:

BW (Feels like the originals, but has more and better graphics) > RBE (Can't beat the orignals (Except you can)) > GSC (IDK honestly, I just remeber Johto fondly, probably because that game taught me how to read) > DPPt (Things were stale. I got into competitive battling this Gen though, so...) = RSE (Hoenn was fun, but the plot was too much. Team Rocket made sense (they wre the Maffia) while Aqua and Magma were insane (especially Magma))

They're all awesome though, each has their Pros and Cons.

jubeh
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Black and white is the best imo.

ClockHand
03-24-2011, 08:18 PM
what red and blue have IV and EV... never knew it.

For my the worst is Black and White, the pokemon look bad, and the starters has the worst stats ever (lets do a fire pokemon with high attack, sp. attack, but low def, sp. def and speed. And a water starter with low def. sp. def and hp), also. What the fuck with all the monkeys? (we start with mankey and primape in red and blue, then they add Aipom, then his evolution Ambipon, then chimchar, monferno, infernape, and now they add Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour and Simipour. And Darmanitar does look like a monkey). This pokemon is the shittest by far and with just looking at Garbodor you know its true.

Also, who ever said before that pokemon are turning more and more into digimons, should see Genesect

I love ruby, shapire and emerald, they bring the berries (the berries were introduced in gold and silver, but it was in these version were the berries have more importance), the villains are villains and have a relationship with the legendary pokemons, great starter pokemons and first starter with 2 types (wate/ground and fire/fighter), first in putting pokemon contests, etc. It were great pokemon games that I enjoy as much as I did with Gold and Red.

Edit: also in graphic. Would you tell me this http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0510/black-white-screenshot-12.jpg looks better than this http://ui10.gamefaqs.com/9/gfs_61813_2_3.jpg ? Because obviously in emerald the pokemons were much more smoother in combat.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 08:31 PM
what red and blue have IV and EV... never knew it.
Worked differently because of Special Attack and Defense being the same stat.

For my the worst is Black and White, the pokemon look bad, and the starters has the worst stats ever (lets do a fire pokemon with high attack, sp. attack, but low def, sp. def and speed. And a water starter with low def. sp. def and hp), also. What the fuck with all the monkeys? (we start with mankey and primape in red and blue, then they add Aipom, then his evolution Ambipon, then chimchar, monferno, infernape, and now they add Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour and Simipour. And Darmanitar does look like a monkey). This pokemon is the shittest by far and with just looking at Garbodor you know its true.
Some are misses, but most are hits. Emboar doesn't really need the speed as he can take quite a few hits from his bulk alone, and very few starters have actually been god competitively.

Also, who ever said before that pokemon are turning more and more into digimons, should see Genesect
I don't really see that as bad. Necessarily.

[/quote]I love ruby, shapire and emerald, they bring the berries (the berries were introduced in gold and silver, but it was in these version were the berries have more importance), the villains are villains and have a relationship with the legendary pokemons, great starter pokemons and first starter with 2 types (wate/ground and fire/fighter), first in putting pokemon contests, etc. It were great pokemon games that I enjoy as much as I did with Gold and Red.[/QUOTE]
The fact that they were Gods really through me off.

Evil_Cake
03-24-2011, 08:41 PM
the starters for bw are way cooler than the ones for ruby are u on drugs

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Depends.

Blaziken (especially with the Dream World (another thing that makes BW great) ability) > Emboar
Marshstomp (THE TYPING) > Samurott
Sceptile > Serperior (UNLESS Serperior has his Dream World ability)

jubeh
03-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Black and white has the best pokemon since the original.

Evil_Cake
03-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Depends.

Blaziken (especially with the Dream World (another thing that makes BW great) ability) > Emboar
Marshstomp (THE TYPING) > Samurott
Sceptile > Serperior (UNLESS Serperior has his Dream World ability)
wtf not talking about fighting

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 08:55 PM
BUT THATS WHAT THE GAMES ABOUT!!!

EDIT:

Jubeh: Mostly, but then you have Pokemon like AfroBull (which statistically is RAPE).

ClockHand
03-24-2011, 08:55 PM
So, where are the reasons to say that black and white is good or even more, the best pokemon game at date?

I'm just going to wait, I have 0 interest in playing black and white, and I'm going to play pokemon when a reboot of ruby, saphire and emerald is released or a nother and better pokemon came out.

Evil_Cake
03-24-2011, 08:57 PM
i wanted 2 catch one of those afrobulls and name it lambo but i kept killing it on accident

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Dream World.

Actual plot.

Decent replay value. (Not as good as Emerald)

Most Pokemon are actually pretty original (and the ones that aren't aren't have very good stats)

DrPumpkin
03-24-2011, 09:08 PM
I think I'll never be able to pick my favorite pokemon game subjectively since I'll always love the one I first played as a small kid. (Which was emerald, btw).

Also, I never thought pokemon was a game about stats. The whole magic of pokemon is in adventure and ever since I discovered what EVs and IVs were, I felt I sort of lost some enjoyment value.

But I suppose I'll have to say Black and White is the best game so far since it pretty much fixed the flaws in the gameplay. I'm sad that they didn't add all the stuff they added in Heartgold and Soulsilver with pokemon following you and stuff but I'm guessing they'll keep on adding and adding from now on as B/W was probably a reboot of the franchise.

Rant over.

toast
03-24-2011, 09:11 PM
So last week, I was watching this LP for pokemon white and it looked cool as shit in terms of graphics. Story, well idunno since I wasn't actually playing. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I were lawl BUT I DONT HAVE A GODDAMN DS. But yeah, interesting beginning, very different from other pmon games (well at least the ones from GBA down. no idea about the other ds games). wanna play it badly, so I (or clock) have yet to find a good ds emulator

As for pokemon in general, I've been becoming interested in different peoples' styles of training, so whats yo' training style? When I first started playing, like any little kid playing pokemon, I would train the shit out of my starter (60-70) and just beat the story like that, but then when it comes to the elite four its like fail fail fail. So lately I've been trying to train them equally, without much success but one day I will be awesome at it

I'm playing firered though (yeah I know, fuckin old school man). this is my team atm, I'm obviously not extremely far in the game, I'm still trying to make my team nice:
Growlithe Lv 26
-Bite
-Oder Sleuth
-Ember
-Secret Power
waiting for him to get fire wheel, then I'll evolve him to arcanine. I'm having a hard time leveling him up though, for some reason
Diglett Lv 22
-Rest
-Cut
-Magnitude
-Dig
trying to level him up, but not very successful but i am confident that he will soon become an amazing dugtrio
Wartortle Lv 32
-Bite
-Brick Break
-Water Pulse
-Mega Kick
Fearow Lv 31
-Aerial Ace
-Pursuit
-Fly
-Fury Attack (shit move btw)
Kadabra Lv 33 <--coolest pokemon, I've never caught an abra so when I did I felt like the coolest person on earth. if only it was shiny
-Reflect
-Shockwave
-Disable
-Psybeam
aaaand HM slave, which is a paras. he's level 9 so no one loves him, not even his mother

so whats your guys team on whatever version you're working on atm? how are you training them? did you predecide your team or did you go with the flow?

EDIT: drpunkin; emerald was also my first and favorite. the map is huuuuuuuuuuuge and blaziken is a beast

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 09:12 PM
DrP, you aren't that much younger then me are you (Emerald being your first game and all)?

lol, first you play the game for fun. Then you beat the E4 and its all about numbers. It makes it even better (IMO).

We'll get the added HGSS stuff in Grey... Or whatever they'll call it.

DrPumpkin
03-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Urgh. I can feel a giant America vs. England spelling war erupting so they better not call it gray/grey.

EDIT: Oh, and toast, I'm going through leafgreen right now. Highfive!

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 09:23 PM
They'll translate it how they translate it.

I'm thinking about buying a new (or old) copy of Emerald on eBay, should I do it? (It actually costs more then it did to buy it when it was new...)

Evil_Cake
03-24-2011, 09:47 PM
no dont buy it the sentimental value will wear off

also arguing which pokemon game is best is like arguing what color of M&M is best

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Sentimental Value isn't the main reason I want it. (It's the Hoenn Pokemon you cant get otherwise.)

ClockHand
03-24-2011, 09:51 PM
no dont buy it the sentimental value will wear off

also arguing which pokemon game is best is like arguing what color of M&M is best

So I can't discuss about which mortal kombat is better? or street fighter? or megaman? (I can keep going) just because it would be like comparing M&M colors?

Each pokemon game is different and it has his own good and bad stuffs, under that statment I can compare and discuss about which one is better and which is worst.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeag, Clock is right, it's more like comparing Skittles.

jubeh
03-24-2011, 10:00 PM
No its like comparing the different flavors of doritos you guys are morons

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
But Doritos are bad.

And it's obvious that one game has to be better then the other. Right? Gorsh. :P

Evil_Cake
03-24-2011, 10:07 PM
good god

DrPumpkin
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
So guys, what's your favorite pokemon.

ClockHand
03-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Gallade or Blaziken.

Jpg
03-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Dragonite FTW.

They made him a god with his new Dream World Ability.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 10:15 PM
All the Turtles.

Hayashida
03-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Gengar is the best you guys

Arashi500
03-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Gengar is the best you guys

This. Also, Umbreon and Bisharp are also really close.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Shame Bisharp gets raped by Fighting.

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Bisharp look like a megaman stage boss.

jubeh
03-25-2011, 12:21 AM
That's what I thought too.

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Maybe there is a megaman-like-pokemon who can kill other pokemons to learn his powers.

Arashi500
03-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Bisharp reminds me more of a nazi(not the reason I like him, thats because of the awesome swords) with his roman salutin', WWII-esque helmet of a head, and the fact that hes in the German colors.

For a megaman pokemon, Genosect (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/649.shtml/url) comes to mind. His unique attack changes type depending on what special item hes holding, like Arceus' plates sorta.

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 12:55 AM
and there is still no platypus pokemon (or tiger, lemur, camel, llama, leecher, dolphine, etc). Funny how pokemon is out of animals to use, so it has to repite (monkeys) and create new animals (use from digimon and megaman).

Jpg
03-25-2011, 01:55 AM
I just beat the 7th Gym, I'll be playing online soon, bwahaha...

doghateburger
03-25-2011, 05:19 AM
My first Pokemon game :C Any...tips? xD

Ph, and are there like super legendary rare pokemon in this game? like that one very very old pokemon, Luggy or whatever its name is.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-25-2011, 10:29 AM
... Lugia?

Catch everything. And use Drillbur.

Matt
03-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I suddenly want a Shaymin, but they're only available through wi-fi events that I didn't make it to. Now I sorta wish I'd have got D/P/Pt.

DrPumpkin
03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh god, Lapras can learn Thunder.

I did not know that. Now I know. Whooaaaah.

Random moment over.

doghateburger
03-25-2011, 11:47 AM
... Lugia?

Catch everything. And use Drillbur.

Yeah I that one! xD

Bacon_Barbarian
03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Oh god, Lapras can learn Thunder.

I did not know that. Now I know. Whooaaaah.

Random moment over.
You just get the crap beat out of you?

Also, Random Global battles are so much fun!! I did get raped by a Hydreigon though. Stupid Venomoth Batton Passing Quiver Dance. :/

Jpg
03-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I like HighDragon, and Haxorus, they make a dragon trainer like me happy.
Also the move dragon tail makes me happy.

I'm like 10 levels higher than wild pokemon for the last couple of badges, it's so bad, I'm practically getting no xp.

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm more a fighter psychic trainer. I like my pokemon to be one of those or ghosts.

Jpg
03-25-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm more a fighter psychic trainer. I like my pokemon to be one of those or ghosts.

Jellicent and Chandera are the only ghosts I would use in Gen 5.

Wait no, also Golurk, Hidden Ability, No Guard w/ Dynamic Punch

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
My favorite Ghost is Froslas (ice + ghost = win).

jubeh
03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
My favorite ghost is hamlets dad

(Golurk)

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
My Froslas would frost your Golurk.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-25-2011, 04:41 PM
No-Guard DynamicPunch would rape Frolass, especially with a Choice Scarf.

ClockHand
03-25-2011, 04:52 PM
But Forslas is faster and can do Blizzard with 100 of accuracy (No Guard from Golurk) which does the double of damage against Golurk.

If you train Froslas Sp. Attack, you could win.

Jpg
03-26-2011, 04:03 AM
IMHO froslass and golurk are pretty bad.

No-Guard DynamicPunch would rape Frolass, especially with a Choice Scarf.

Why would you choice scarf a base 55 speed pokemon?
If anything use focus sash, lum berry or choice band on him.
He's practically a ghost Machamp.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-26-2011, 10:36 PM
No, I meant Choice Band on Machamp.

Jpg
03-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Even at that, Ghosts is unaffected by fighting(Dynamic punch), lol.

ClockHand
03-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Someone have a good gold heart or silver soul rom?

Matt
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
The roms you find anywhere are pretty much fine (for the most part) if your computer's up to it. My laptop just barely doesn't run it at full speed (a 2006 model). If you have a desktop you bought in the last 4-5 years, you should be fine.

ClockHand
03-27-2011, 08:45 PM
My netbook can run it fine without sound. The deal I'm having now is that the pictures get freezed and after Oak talk to you everything turn black.

So anyone have some advice for it? (I have tried the cheats)

Hell_Baron
03-28-2011, 04:21 AM
Guys i'm having the feeling the folks at nintendo are running out of ideas.
i just fought an ice cream... AN. FUCKING. ICE. CREAM.

DrPumpkin
03-28-2011, 05:06 AM
Am I the only one that dosen't know the names of pokemon properly because I add nicknames to everything?

I've just found out that cindaquill is called cindaquill today since I've been calling mine 'Herpes' for aages.

Evil_Cake
03-28-2011, 11:37 AM
herpes? come on man

Hayashida
03-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Am I the only one that dosen't know the names of pokemon properly because I add nicknames to everything?
I don't know the names of a lot of the new pok&#233;mon because I nickname mine.

wolfman
03-28-2011, 12:45 PM
i dont nickname any of my pokemon :/

Hayashida
03-28-2011, 01:08 PM
how come?

jubeh
03-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I nickname only the ones I really like.

wolfman
03-28-2011, 02:21 PM
how come?

i dont see the point, the only time i would ever nickname a pokemon is if it had a name that i found particuarily annoying

Evil_Cake
03-28-2011, 02:23 PM
not everythings gotta have a point maaan

Hayashida
03-28-2011, 02:26 PM
i dont see the point, the only time i would ever nickname a pokemon is if it had a name that i found particuarily annoying

I named my tepig winston

Matt
03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Winston? That is epic.

I have a Whimsicott called Fluffee, but I got that from some girl in Nacrene. I talked to her a few seconds later and battled a level 63 Leavanny (I think--can't remember). I'd given it to her at level 14. Whatever that girl (Dye was her name) used to train it that fast, I want it.

Evil_Cake
03-28-2011, 02:49 PM
whimsicott is the coolest, mine is named Swab

DrPumpkin
03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Not nicknaming your pokemon is like calling your baby 'Baby' or your pet dog 'Dog'.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Not nicknaming your pokemon is like calling your baby 'Baby' or your pet dog 'Dog'.

Eh, since I'm into the competitive aspect of Pokemon, I only nickname what I keep. Which is about 1/90 Pokemon post E4.

Guys i'm having the feeling the folks at nintendo are running out of ideas.
i just fought an ice cream... AN. FUCKING. ICE. CREAM.

Well, an American designed it.

Even at that, Ghosts is unaffected by fighting(Dynamic punch), lol.

lol, No Guard. It doesn't matter.

Fenn
03-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Question for you competitive types: are flat-50 battles frowned upon in more casual settings? Just because as a casual fan training takes me far longer in real time since I play less frequency. The flat-50 rules cuts down on the grinding time.

jubeh
03-30-2011, 04:42 PM
I thought most of the competitive dudes used simulators since grinding is kind of stupid

Bacon_Barbarian
03-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Question for you competitive types: are flat-50 battles frowned upon in more casual settings? Just because as a casual fan training takes me far longer in real time since I play less frequency. The flat-50 rules cuts down on the grinding time.
No, but you wont be very competitive at level 50 as you wont have had the time to EV train. Or it's less likely you have.

I thought most of the competitive dudes used simulators since grinding is kind of stupid
Mostly, but Random Matchup is largely competitive, and if you don't play that way, you'll lose most fo the time.

Jpg
03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
lol, No Guard. It doesn't matter.

Ya it does.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-30-2011, 06:03 PM
I have been humbled... I thought it worked like Scarppy.

Superdooperphailmachine
04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Ev training is for losers who can't battle. I have never lost against an EV trainer and I never EV myself.

ClockHand
04-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Ev training is for losers who can't battle. I have never lost against an EV trainer and I never EV myself.

Well is because you EV train your pokemons.

jubeh
04-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Pretty sure if you played somebody at an equal skill level to yourself stats would matter a lot more. Which is kind of the point of high level play. Players plateau and look to the game system to give them an edge.

I have never lost against an EV trainer and I never EV myself.

Wankwankwank

Superdooperphailmachine
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I am Gods gift to pokemon, you wouldn't understand.
And the Ev thing hardly makes a difference in my experience is what I'm getting at.

Fenn
04-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Can someone invent a system to de-randomize evades and crits?

Bacon_Barbarian
04-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I am Gods gift to pokemon, you wouldn't understand.
And the Ev thing hardly makes a difference in my experience is what I'm getting at.

It makes 63 points in a stat difference. At max. And coupled with Natures and IVs, it makes a 94 point percent difference and 1.5x the Base Power of the benefited stat in difference. So yeah, it does. Have you ever even battled someone who EV trains?

Superdooperphailmachine
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I have and I beat them horribly. They probably didn't EV to the max or were crap at it. Notice I said "In my experience"

Bacon_Barbarian
04-13-2011, 08:32 PM
True enough ... Gen IV made me want Nintendo not to make Gen V. Gen V makes me want them to hurry up and get Gen VI out as soons as possible (while keeping quality).

Arashi500
04-18-2011, 11:05 PM
North american game sync is up.

Noodlesoup
04-28-2011, 11:55 AM
This thread hasn't been posted in in a while, is it still ok to post in it?
I'm a humongous Pokemon fan, it was literally my childhood. Recently I found my old Gameboy Advance and a bunch of games at the bottom of a drawer. I've started replaying Pokemon Blue and it's bringing back so many memories. :') I've only defeated 1 gym so far because I'm scared to go into the water gym. I just know my charmeleon will die unless I make it a high level first. D: So I've trained it to 30. And my nidorina the same. That's probably more than necessary for the stage I'm at but I really don't want to take any risks. >_>

Fenn
04-30-2011, 06:30 PM
North american game sync is up.

People are hating one Dream World, I think it does exactly what it should. Some quick, mildly entertaining minigames, but most importantly: that anticipation and anxiety of wondering which pokemon will appear. That's the fun part for veterans.

Personally I didn't want it to be too engaging. It would take away from my time playing the actual game! 15-20 mins per day is enough.

This thread hasn't been posted in in a while, is it still ok to post in it?
I'm a humongous Pokemon fan, it was literally my childhood. Recently I found my old Gameboy Advance and a bunch of games at the bottom of a drawer. I've started replaying Pokemon Blue and it's bringing back so many memories. :') I've only defeated 1 gym so far because I'm scared to go into the water gym. I just know my charmeleon will die unless I make it a high level first. D: So I've trained it to 30. And my nidorina the same. That's probably more than necessary for the stage I'm at but I really don't want to take any risks. >_>

Ah, the classic. They really found a perfect game formula.

Noodlesoup
05-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Yes, yes they did. I really can't bring myself away. On the plus side, I defeated Cerulean Gym! XD

Bacon_Barbarian
05-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Replays are (not) always fun.

CypressDahlia
05-02-2011, 06:53 AM
This might interest you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyHt2A4ukI

jubeh
05-02-2011, 12:03 PM
So that blue pokemon is basically st ryu.

CypressDahlia
05-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah. He even plays like Ryu in AI. HADOKENHADOKENHADOKEN Anti-air SRK

Bacon_Barbarian
05-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Type Wild's always made me smile. Shame the instructions are in Japanese....

CypressDahlia
05-02-2011, 10:57 PM
The movesets aren't hard to figure out if you've played fighting games. Typical hadoken, SRK commands.

Lovin' da Gengar.

Evil_Cake
05-04-2011, 01:28 PM
what do you do in the dream world?

Bacon_Barbarian
05-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Minigames to unlock stuff in your real game.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-21-2011, 02:51 PM
The new game is getting officially announced next month.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Realize this is a bit of a necro, but last time I started a new thread because something fell behind I was ridiculed, so whatever. New games were announced a bit ago and look like they're gonna be ... Interesting to say the least. Head over to Serebii if you want specifics. Personally, I'm not really sure what to think. What little of the plot looks fine, but I'm not sure I like how they're handling the Dex. No doubts about it, 300 in the National Dex is amazing, but the variety ... It sort of kills the whole reboot thing. I dunno, I hope they explain it well.

Delphinus
04-13-2012, 08:09 AM
I knew everything about all the 150 original Pok&#233;mon when I was 7.

Why did they have to turn it into a franchise so large my infant mind couldn't possibly handle it?

Bacon_Barbarian
04-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Because money and to (try and) keep the old people involved while still hooking in youngsters?

GunZet
04-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Just put all 150 original pokemanz in one game, and make it feel and look like Fire Red etc. and I'll be content.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Well, we seem to get a Kanto remake every odd generation, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got Nova Fire Red or something.

Inksprout
04-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm fairly impressed how many new youngsters get in to pokemon, they must be doing some things right even if we don't think so. I just want them to make it that your first pokemon walks with you in all the games like in pokemon soul silver (and pikachu in pokemon yellow)

GunZet
04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Or a Pokemon game where the battles are like real-time platforming fighters with some RPG elements. I think that'd be pretty sick.

Guilty Gear, Pkmn style.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Black and White were very good games. Most people who disliked them were just oldtimers stuck in their ways. Anyway. New trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxJGtJ7z9Eo&feature=player_embedded

Hell_Baron
04-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I wonder if there are going to be new pokemon in pokemon black/white 2.
then again it could just be a remake kinda like pokemon platinum and emerald are.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-24-2012, 08:09 PM
hey do you guys know the site seribii? it was created for black and white and contains a database of all the pokemon featured in the games.
at least, thats what my brothers says...

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 08:15 PM
How many legendary pokemons we have now?

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-24-2012, 08:17 PM
no idea. quite a few. who's ur favourite legendary?

ClockHand
04-24-2012, 08:23 PM
No one. But I believe the purpose is lost ones you have that many legendary pokemons, and when some of those also have created universe, planets, time, etc.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-24-2012, 08:37 PM
hmmm.... yeah, i get what you mean. as pokemon seem to be the creators of their universe, and they wouldn't exist without them, it seems a bit stupid thatb all they use them for is to fight

Bacon_Barbarian
04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
I wonder if there are going to be new pokemon in pokemon black/white 2.
then again it could just be a remake kinda like pokemon platinum and emerald are.
It won't. However it will have Pokemon from all the proceeding generations and some new towns while old ones are no longer available. And it's not a remake like Platinum, the story is new. Completely. Although N may be around.

hey do you guys know the site seribii? it was created for black and white and contains a database of all the pokemon featured in the games.
at least, thats what my brothers says...
No it was not. Not at all. It was created in 1999. It's older than you. lol

GunZet
04-24-2012, 10:41 PM
No one. But I believe the purpose is lost ones you have that many legendary pokemons, and when some of those also have created universe, planets, time, etc.

And you can capture them, and make gods your battle slaves. Fun.

WhenRabbitsAttack
04-24-2012, 10:48 PM
hey bacon, i was quoting my brother. and actually, its the same age as me:P