PDA

View Full Version : The Supernatural thread: Indrid Cold vs Slenderman.

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I got bored and decided to make a thread based on unexplained phenomenons. Now I personally don't believe in paranormal beings, but I find the stories interesting and fun to talk about. So anyway, let's start off with a "paranormal-off."

1) Indrid Cold
Something that has been claimed as an extraterrestrial is Indrid Cold, more commonly known as the Grinning Man. Indrid Cold has had numerous sightings, one of which where he contacted someone through a telephone, and warned him about events before they happened. He is associated with the Moth-Man, and is said to appear in people's dreams. He has always been described as a tall, thin man without much facial features, beady eyes set far apart, combed-back hair and a grin stretching from one end of his face to the other. Before most people see him, they describe a small, floating object that makes no noise with flashing lights - much similar to a UFO. He has been spotted in West Virginia many times, and is also said to have a partner in crime named Apol on several occasions. People have reported him chasing civilians down streets, and asking for objects such as a ball-point pen or change, and becoming quite happy after receiving something so small. Cold is also said to have stolen some people's e-mail and phone-line to call others before calling the rightful owner of the e-mail or phone-line.

2) Slender Man
Originally claimed to be created on the Something Awful forums, Slender Man seems to have taken a life of its own. Not much sooner after its creation were there said to be sightings. Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs seemed to depict the Slender Man, striking people's curiosity. Not much is known about the Slender Man's origins, but his objective is quite clear: to stalk and take actions against children. He is described much like Indrid Cold - tall and slim with a black suit, black pants, and a tie. The Slender Man has no facial features whatsoever, and his skin looks as if it is made of cloth. He can manipulate his shape and grow extra limbs from the back of his body which he uses to either walk or supress prey with. When the Slender Man holds out his arms, whoever sees him will be in a hypnotic state and be forced to walk toward him. He prefers foggy places and settings with trees. It is said that there will be sightings of him before children are to disappear, and that he is able to camouflage with trees. It is also said that everyone has seen him at least once as a child, usually in an accident. If the Slender Man fails to retrieve his prey the first time, he will be back when the child has turned into an adult. Another common saying is that anyone who sees him will become a potential target.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Claimed to have been created? Ain't no claims, boy, I saw it happen.

jubeh
02-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Seriously man its not like its a secret.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Exactly so what the hell is with the pansy language, M? Say shit straight up, none of this 'supposed' junk

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Wait, you flipping saw it? O_O Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 12:48 PM
ya man when I was going to Enterprise the bus came at 0435 so I had to walk out super early in the morning and he stalked me during the dark hours and turned into a lamp pole in the light

GunZet
02-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I saw Slender Man on YouTube, guess I'm a target now...right? lol. And I've never heard of the Indrid one.

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 12:52 PM
...I don't know if I should laugh it off or piss my pants...so do you think Cold or Slender Man is scarier?

Oh, and Gunzet, Marble Hornets is fake, they said it themselves. Can't wait for their next season. (I'm assuming you watched Marble Hornets, the most popular Slender Man videos on YouTube.)

Sylux
02-17-2011, 01:03 PM
oh man I need to watch the last ep

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Okay, we probably should get back on topic:
Have any of you ever seen Slender Man numerous times? I know Sylux said he saw one, but I recall a dream when I was four years old about a man in a suit at Toys R Us take off a mask and reveal a hideous face - now it kind of reminds me of Slender Man's mask...and I was in a huge accident as a child, thankfully nothing big happened, but I can't remember most of it as opposed to my usually-great memory...maybe it's as most people say - "If you see him, you'll forget certain moments involving him as you mature."

Sylux
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
I really miss him. He made me feel fear, which I don't do anymore.
Somewhat unrelated, but I once encountered a lady on a bike with a rice hat, sunglasses, and a bandana over her face riding a motorcycle down the street so I ran to the lamp pole. Scary shit happened when I went outside dude O_O

GunZet
02-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Slender Man is lame. And yes I know the videos are fake, who wouldn't? xD

As for seeing shit...when I was really young, I saw a black figure standing in the hallway of an apartment we were living in at the time. It stared at me, then walked off.
It's still p. vivid. Epic too.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 01:19 PM
was it an old banana? O_o

GunZet
02-17-2011, 01:21 PM
No, it was a human figure. Stay off the drugs Sy...you see wayyyy too much.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
maaaaaaaaan since you've been gooooooooone I've smoked no weed for the first timeeee aw I am so soooober it is kinda funny, cuz I am, a douchebaaaaaag... without my weed

ClockHand
02-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Slender man was invented thanks to the internet (it was made in a forum). And Marvle Hornet is fake (tzvety try me to watch it and believe in that shit, but was pretty easy to find it was everything made up).

GunZet
02-17-2011, 01:24 PM
I haven't been gone, you've been gone. Watchu talkin' bout Kleetis?

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 01:28 PM
I know he's made-up, but there have been reportings. It was claimed that he was supposedly on an older forum BEFORE Victor Surge posted his thread in the Something Awful forums, and that children have drawn pictures of him before they have gone missing. He may actually be out there somewhere, but Marble Hornets is a fake project, and was meant to be one. The creators admitted it and are planning on making a season 2.

wolfman
02-17-2011, 01:28 PM
the description of the slender man reminds me of der kinderstod from buffy the vampire slayer in the killed by death episode o-o

ClockHand
02-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I know he's made-up, but there have been reportings. It was claimed that he was supposedly on an older forum BEFORE Victor Surge posted his thread in the Something Awful forums, and that children have drawn pictures of him before they have gone missing. He may actually be out there somewhere, but Marble Hornets is a fake project, and was meant to be one. The creators admitted it and are planning on making a season 2.

Do you have any proof that all that is not made up? At my point of view and for what I read, everything was made up, even some quotes.

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 01:31 PM
He creeped the silly goose out of me, until I came up with a theory. It is said that Slender Man will more likely come after you if you fear him, and leave you alone if you don't. He lives only to scare you. Sounds familiar to something, doesn't it? I call it fear. Slender Man IS fear. Fear will always chase you. Fear only comes after you if you fear it. It all seemed to fit in place for me, but it doesn't explain the sightings.

Edit: I can't have proof. I'm not saying he's real, I'm saying he could exist. I'll be back in like 10 mins. I'm going to search google for those pictures drawn by little kids and some quotes. BRB.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Everything on SA is fabricated purely for the simpleton entertainment value -- you just gotta willingly suspend your disbelief like you're watching Soap Operas

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Brazilian Cave Paintings
The earliest argued reference to the legend is within the cave paintings found in the Serr da Capivara National Park in the Northeast of Brazil, which are believed to date from as far back as 9000 BC. These paintings show a strangely elongated character leading a child by the hand, but make no reference to the extra appendages.

Egyptian Hieroglyphs
The next known possible reference to the Slender Man comes from around 3100 BC in lower Egypt, with references to the "Thief of the Gods" or the "Thief of Kuk" becoming common place during the reign of Pharaoh Wazner. Hieroglyphic carvings representing the Thief were found in the pharaoh's tomb, who was rumored to have had some kind of encounter with the entity. The carvings resemble a strange figure with multiple upper limbs, one that has never been found in any other hieroglyph language.

German Woodcuts
Renowned German woodcutter Hans Freckenberg created at least two woodcuts featuring a character

he described as Der Ritter (The Knight) during the mid-sixteenth century that were discovered in Halstberg Castle in 1883. Whilst Freckenberg was well-known for his realistic depiction of human anatomy - something that was unusual among woodcuts of the time - these pictures featured a skeletal, multi-limbed character. Historians are unsure of the exact symbolic nature of the character, with some claiming that it is a personification of the religious wars that raged in Europe at the time, while others say it represents the mysterious plagues that have been believed to be the reason for the mysterious abandoning of the Hastlberg Castle and the nearby village in 1543.

However, many insist that Freckenberg was attempting to represent "Der Großmann" (the Tall Man). According to lgend, he was a fairy ho lived in the Black Forest. Bad children who crept into the woods at night would be relentlessly chased by Der Großmann, who wouldn't leave them be until he either caught them or they were forced to tell their parents of their wrongdoing. Even then, there is a chillding account from an old journal, dating from about 1702:

"My child, my Lars… he is gone. Taken, from his bed. The only thing that we found was a scrap of black clothing. It feels like cotton, but it is softer… thicker. Lars came into my bedroom ysterday, screaming at the top of his lungs that "The angel is outside!" I asked him what he was talking about, and he told me some nonsense fairy story about Der Großmann. He said he went into the groves by our village and found one of my cows dead, hanging from a tree. I thought nothing of it at first… but now, he is gone. We must find Lars, and my family must leave before we are killed. I am sorry, my son… I should have listened. May God forgive me."

++Romanian Mythology
There is also Romanian fairytale which tells the legend of the Tall Man, featuring this description which may have taken to refer to the Slender Man.

The tall man stoon in a clearing, dressed as a nobleman, all in black. Shadows lay over him, dark as a cloudy midnight. He had many arms, all long and boneless as snakes, all sharp as swords, and they writhed like worms on nails. He did not speak, but made his intentions know,

in the fairytale, the Tall Man causes a mother to kill her husband and child, before he slid from a fireplace and "clenched her in his burning embrace."

Ted was charged with the murder of his wife. However, due to his catatonic state, he was admitted to Jenkins Mental Hospital in Sandy Plains, Polk County. Ted remained in a catatonic state for over three years. On the third anniversary of the murder, Dr Dauton on June 15th, 1956 refer to a "Skinny fella… suit… looking at me…" who had taken both Judi Henderson and her daughter Tracy. Ted claimed that Judi begged him to shoot her, and felt that he had "saved her" by doing so. However, after lamenting that he had been unable to stop the "skinny man" from absconding with his daughter, Ted commenced to "slam his face repeatedly" into the steel table at which he was seated, having to be restrained and sedated by hospital orderlies. Less than seven hours later, at approximately 3:00 am the 16th of July, Ted was found dead in his room after apparently escaping his restraints and chewing through his own wrist, severing the ulnar artery and bleeding to death. The body of Tracy Henderson was never found, however a photograph taken about a week before the Henderson Farm incident shows what appears to be a suited man standing in front of the stables, which some claim to be the Slender Man.

Okay, I'll find some more stuff...brb again.

ClockHand
02-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Edit: I can't have proof. I'm not saying he's real, I'm saying he could exist. I'll be back in like 10 mins. I'm going to search google for those pictures drawn by little kids and some quotes. BRB.

If he could exist he also could be real DUUUUUH. Not because you want to believe in something made up is going to make it real. Also that existe only to provoke fear is stupid, I think thisi s the reason why so many monster and super natural creatures (made up) die and no care of them, because a creature or a being who works to make something as not-productive as fear is really not credible.

Also watch some quotes because are not real. Ex.
"Romanian Mythology
There is also Romanian fairytale which tells the legend of the Tall Man, featuring this description which may have taken to refer to the Slender Man."

That is not real. Tall mans are Giants for Romans, who come from Jupiter, that argument is obviously alterated to enter in Slender Man made up myth.

Evil_Cake
02-17-2011, 01:42 PM
big foot is more believable

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Mythology may be based off of real happenings. Still, the other cases seemed legit enough to exist. What I meant to say is that I'm seeking the truth - I want to know whether he exists or not so I'll find more evidence to see if it is legit.

Sylux
02-17-2011, 01:45 PM
He doesn't exist but it's really fun to think he does and be afraid of him.

ClockHand
02-17-2011, 01:49 PM
He doesn't existe, so your travel to truth is doomed to find that he doesn't existe.

And as Cake said, Big Foot is more believable.

GunZet
02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Or Nessy.

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Found some pictures. Some may be photoshopped, but then again all photos may be photoshopped:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/slender%20man/HisSonJoJo/WOA.jpg
http://carlsagansdanceparty.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/slenderman.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcbztzeGvu1qbl8c9o1_500.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/34s0xvt.png
http://maskofreason.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/slenderman06.jpg
Oh, and we got off-topic. It's supposed to be about Indrid Cold vs Slender Man in terms of fear.

GunZet
02-17-2011, 02:04 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg5xs3GRA91qzd3rjo1_400.jpg
Slenderman as a kid.

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
I didn't know Slender Man used to be E.T....

GunZet
02-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Kids grow fast nowdays.

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Here's the story of Indrid Cold. It sounds pretty nice, and I don't think we should fear him. There is some proof on him, numerous sightings claiming him to be the same thing, even though this story sounds like a load of silly goose, there have been UFO reports during the same time this guy met with Cold.

Mothman and UFOs were reported. So who or what was Indrid Cold and what is the story of Indrid Cold?

According to Woodrow Derenberger, Indrid Cold is an extraterrestrial that visited him and spoke with him telepathically on several occasions in the month prior to the collapse of the bridge. On November 2, 1967, Derenbergerwas driving home and was stopped by a craft in the middle of the road. A being that Derenberger described as human-like exited the craft and asked Derenberger questions about his life and work. During this telepathic conversation, Derenberger learned that the name of this being was Indrid Cold.

Cold told Derenberger that he was a "searcher" and that he was indeed like Derenberger in that he slept, breathed and bled just as humans do. He also told Derenberger that he did not intend to harm him, but wished him happiness. Although a couple of vehicles passed during the conversation, no one reported seeing any craft, but did report seeing Derenberger talking with a man. After the conversation ended a craft descended to the ground and Cold entered it and it left at great speed. Two nights later, on November 4, Derenberger met with Cold again.

During this second visit, Cold told Derenberger that he was a "time traveler" from the planet Lanulos near the galaxy Genemedes. Cold said that there were as many as 9 ships from the planet Lanulos visiting earth at the time of his second visit with Derenberger and that these visitors could not stay for long on earth since time reversed for them on earth and they would grow too young to remember how to control their ships. Cold told Derenberger that he was married with children. Cold also said that his home planet, Lanulos, was much like earth with forests, fields, rivers and oceans. These extraterrestrials gathered samples of vegetation and animals while on earth. Cold said that the life span of his people was from 125 to 175 years, but he didn't specify if that was comparable to earth time. Cold said that Derenberger was not his initial choice of being to contact, but that he found Woodrow to be very receptive, "a good communicant." Cold told Derenberger that his planet was trying to establish a trade agreement with our planet as they had done all over the universe and that they had a base, in the form of a Mother Ship, on the moon that was a distribution center.

Cold visited with Derenberger on several more occasions and on a couple of occasion Derenberger claimed he tried to keep or take something as proof, but was always made to return the item. Even so, Derenberger maintained that Indrid Cold was a friendly entity. Although the story of Indrid Cold may seem to be outlandish and there is no proof of any of it, there was a rash of UFO sightings reported in the area of Point Pleasant, West Virginia during the same period of time that Derenberger claimed he was being visited by Cold. Derenberger was interviewed and his story never changed, however he said the visits dropped off after the collapse of the Silver Bridge

Scientology can suck Indrid Cold's nads. (No offense)

ClockHand
02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
bad photoshop is bad.

Guys, there are better myths or super natural creatures than some made up like slender man.

Like for example in the south of where I live, there are a lot fo myths of witches, devils, etc. Ah example is the Trauco (ah ugly man with no legs who rape and pregnate womans) or the Peuchen, a flying snake who sucks blood of animals and people (related to the Chupacabra myth).

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Dude, that sounds nothing like the slender man...RAPE? Ugh...oh well.
Edit: I guess it's just me, but I find the Slender Man more interesting. They should make a horror movie about him.

GunZet
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Legless rape to be exact.

M3S1H
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh god...anyway, I'm making a small book or even just a few chapters on a story about a boy who fights off the Slender Man. I'm hoping to make it a manga when I have free time, but the idea is pretty good in my opinion. He may be fake, but he's still pretty fun to make stories about and to talk about.

Speaking about fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acBnEHT-fBo
So THAT'S why he stalks us...I should've never given $lender man 20 dollars...that bastard.

SassyTurtles
02-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Ahahahaha that startled the shit out of me.