PDA

View Full Version : MT's ART WARS! An all new artistic game event! The 2nd Challenge!!

doghateburger
02-17-2011, 03:55 AM
*Scroll down for Challenge listings*

What is this MADNESS!!???
Art wars is a battle of Art, in which Artists form their own Art Team to go head to head with other Art teams in a fight for several cause.

The objective?
Art Wars is made to encourage people to both receive and give critiques in a peer to peer manner. Helping each other out, and sharing knowledge is the key in this event.

How does it work?

-The Art Groups
Artist may choose their own Art Group. Within the group, there must be a representative. The Representative doesn't have to be the best artist, but rather the men with the most responsibility.

Once you have that, you'll need a name for your Group, it can be anything that is NOT copyrighted.

Each person can only join one group!

NEW!!!
Teams will now be able to take in new additional members. however! each team will require the following;
-1 Team Leader, or Representative who will be responsible for sending me the finish work
-3 Permanent members, these guys are not a lot to jump ships, meaning they must dedicate them self in every challenge.
and lastly
-any number of "Freelance Members", these guys may jump ships, and teams may recruit as many as they want.

Rules for being a Freelance Members-
Freelance members, can join any team before a challenge commence, and leave only after the challenge is finish. Freelance member CANNOT join both teams simultaneousness, during a challenge. They must finish that challenge for the team, before they can jump ships.

Team leaders are also responsible for posting Freelance members after a challenge is up, this is to prevent any freelance member from participating on both ends. If a freelance member is found to be participating on both ends, he will be panelized to sit out for a few challenge.

NOTE: Please do not rush to invite the best artist on the site. This is a simple event made to have fun, so try not to worry to much about the art skills.

-The Battle
Each month there will be a new challenge, a topic, and a theme, that will in one way or another, involved the entire team. ie; Collab Challenge with the topic as chefs! and the theme will be superheroes!, or...something like that.

Do not, some challenge requires the entire team, others require 1 or 2 members.

Depending on what the challenge is, Teams will be provided with a limited time period to get things done.

It is encourage that artists get help/critiques/ideas/etc from their team mates, and nowhere else.

-Individual challenges-
Ok, heres how individual challenges work, if an artist had just finish an individual challenge, he or she can NOT take up another individual challenge unless everyone in his or her team has taken one up. That way we won't have one artist spammage.

How will we be Judge?! D:
At the end of the month, Teams will pick out the best art piece that they believe they have achieve, and send it to moi :D. Which will than be put up for public voting. Whichever team gets the highest vote, wins the event, and score one point C:.

Wait, theres a point system now?!!? D:>
Yep, At the end of the year, which ever team that have the highest point, will win the Art War C:. As for what do you get, you'll know that somewhere down the road >_>. (ill talk to rio about this D:)

Plz post any questions you have here C:

Team TeacupNinjaTots
- Taylour (rep)
- Erika
- Nwap
- Mizu
-PWhit

Team Tofu
- Byakuran (rep)
- Yara
- Wonderwolf
- Gedeon
- Pumpkin

[The First Challenge!!!]
PENCILS WILL BE FLYING AT THIS LOCATION!!!

Challenge type:Team Effort
Topic: Meetings
Theme: "In the Closet" (however you look at it ;D)

Description: Each Team must create an illustration with the topic of "Meetings and the theme of "In the Closet". Every member must contribute to the piece. Have a discussion with your team mates and see how take up what roles.

Hints and Tips: Try to divide jobs amount teammates equally. Discuss about what kind of setting you want, what kind of atmosphere, then utilize your special skills at art to put the piece together.

[The Second Challenge!!!]

Challenge type:Pairs
Topic: Ball Dance
Theme: Mysterious

Description: Each Team must pick TWO, and ONLY TWO members for this particular challenge. The Pair must collaborate and establish a picture base on the new Topic and theme.
Team must name which two members will be participating before beginning the picture.

Hints and Tips: Other members may provide verbal suggestions, red line, critiques, or any other thing as long as they don't lay a single finger on the picture.

GOODLUCK!

J_Mizu
02-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Im in.

Maybe.........
Kinda erk'd about the every month thing though cause Uni is starting up.
But nonetheless this sounds purty interesting~

doghateburger
02-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Yeah thats the main reason why i made it every month rather then every week! xDDD

Matt
02-17-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm in.

doghateburger
02-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm in.

awesome sauce mate C:. try asking around the others to see if they are willing to form a team with you c:

ClockHand
02-17-2011, 06:41 PM
"Team Createceous" (A geologyc age full of creations):
ClockHand [The Minion]
Joao [HardToExplain]
Tzvety [Toasty] (representant)

We are open for other people who needs teams (but we are kinda duchbags cool guys).

J_Mizu
02-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Im in the whichever team that wants to take me.
Dont want to be rep though lulz

angel_dreamer13
02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm in, if there's anyone that wants me on their team :)

LVUER
02-17-2011, 08:39 PM
I think teams will make things a little bit more complicated... but oh well, you've decide it long time ago.

ClockHand
02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Tip1: If everyone throw it as "I'm free to any team", then there is not going to be any team.
Tip2: Try to talk with people to make a team [DUH].

J_Mizu
02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Alright well if Tay is joining, I WANT TO BE IN HER TEAM.
And if Cype is (though I havent seen him post :P) as well.... cause he's badass...

doghateburger
02-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Awesome Clockhand C:

hopefully more teams will come in soon :D!

Celestial-Fox
02-17-2011, 11:42 PM
*Snags Matt by the elbow*

TEAM DESPERATE (name subject to change):
- Matt
- Seef
- [YOUR NAME HERE]

XD

ClockHand
02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
I was thinking about the teams and it would be cool to have new people "not so good" at drawing with more experiensed people. So they can share and teach stuffs ones to anothers.

Saying that I would have no problem if someone who recognize himself/herself as "not very good" to join our team and learn the lil'shit we know and to learn from that person. So not be scared to ask toast if you want to join.

PS: We have agree as a team that we are going to be extremly douchbags with our critics (no sweetness only true).

doghateburger
02-18-2011, 12:27 AM
To Seefy, I'll add your team once you get your third member C:

jaidurn
02-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I want Mizu and Miku. We are a team if you're all ok with it. I'll be the Rep. We'll grab Taylour by the ears if she joins.

doghateburger
02-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Be sure you guys talk to each other before posting up your member list ^^;

SassyTurtles
02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm in, if there's anyone that wants me on their team :)

I would LOVE to be on your team~

DrPumpkin
02-19-2011, 02:41 AM
I is in.

I don't care what team I'm in. Just chuck me in somewhere.

Yara
02-19-2011, 03:58 AM
I don't care what team I'm in. Just chuck me in somewhere.
Me too

J_Mizu
02-19-2011, 04:06 AM
who's Miku?

MiKuRu
02-19-2011, 09:50 AM
I want Mizu and Miku. We are a team if you're all ok with it. I'll be the Rep. We'll grab Taylour by the ears if she joins.

I'm in and I'm all yours :P. And grab Tay in also >8D.

@ Mizu: I'm Miku =)).

Son44
02-19-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm in!

ClockHand
02-19-2011, 01:01 PM
People who just says "I'm in". Please don't be lazy and find someone by yourself (don't gave extra work to dhb).

Also is not hard to make a team. You can easly look who else has no team and join with them (also seffy has one slot open in her team).

Yara
02-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Talking about myself, I don't have a tablet and my level in drawing isn't awesome like Seefy's or other MT pros (I call them pros ^_^ )
So, I didn't want to be a lagger =/

But you raised a good point, Clock =)

Maaann.. see ya in the battle ground! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/5.gif

angel_dreamer13
02-19-2011, 03:29 PM
*Snags Matt by the elbow*

TEAM DESPERATE (name subject to change):
- Matt
- Seef
- [YOUR NAME HERE]

XD
*clears throat* uhm me plz. :o

J_Mizu
02-19-2011, 08:17 PM

Oki!

Also I want Son44 in our group. So that makes 4/5 of us 8D

MiKuRu
02-19-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm in!

OH SONNNN~~... -Grabs him in =))-

indescribable
02-20-2011, 12:25 AM
-grabbed by the ears-
BUT. WHAT ABOUT ERKA. D:

-kicks jai off the team-
All fixed. jkjk, but srsly.

Son44
02-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Oki!

Also I want Son44 in our group. So that makes 4/5 of us 8D

Yay!

jaidurn
02-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Tay, is Erika going to join? D:

Yara
02-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Guys.. how many team members should every team have?
If it's not going to be equal, I would say "it's totally unfair"!

ClockHand
02-20-2011, 01:37 PM
It doesn't matter the number in the team, whats matter is the finished quality (and that people vote for your work).

Ah yeah the limit is 5.

Yara
02-20-2011, 01:47 PM
If quality is also a criteria.. then definitely I'll lose and make my team lose ( I don't have a tablet and not good enough in inking/coloring)
I'll quiet >_>"

Anyway, good luck to the ya, warriors.. hehe ^_^

ClockHand
02-20-2011, 02:52 PM
quiter.

Yara
02-20-2011, 03:00 PM
meanie

ClockHand
02-20-2011, 03:14 PM
no, I'm honest.

Illiahz
02-20-2011, 04:18 PM
I would join a team with you if we can get some other people as well
I'm in.

Celestial-Fox
02-20-2011, 04:25 PM
TEAM COMPLETE (name subject to change):
- Matt
- Seef
- Angel
- [+some more people if you want?]

Matt
02-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Illiahz, did you want to be on our team?

indescribable
02-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Tay, is Erika going to join? D:
She said she was going to. D:

doghateburger
02-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Seefy;s team has been posted, plz let me know hows your rep ^^

Also guys, plz have someone post a full list of you team name + members in it, it would make my job easier ^^;

To Yara, Like I said, dont worry too much about skill level, the objective of this game is for you to exercise your communication skills and team effort. that way, even if you think youre weak at something, other team members will make up for it, sides, most challenge will be collabs ;DDDD

DrPumpkin
02-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Will you, team Matt/Angel/Seef, possibly have enough room for me?

indescribable
02-21-2011, 05:54 AM
So... as I told Jai earlier, before I knew that you guys wanted me to be on your team, I had already asked erka and nwap if they would join the art war with me. D: And, since there is a five member limit on teams -shakes fist- I think we'll be forming our own. ; - ;

I'M SORRY. OTL However -- if you ever feel like coming to our side Mizu, we have cinnamon buns. ;|
Alsoweshouldcollab/arttradeandstuffifyoueverhavetime. -cough-

Team TeacupNinjaTots
- indescribable (representative)
- erikamae
- NWAP

Yeeah, our name may be changing sometime in the near future... > _ >

Illiahz
02-21-2011, 11:42 AM
yeah if you will take me
Illiahz, did you want to be on our team?

Yara
02-21-2011, 12:49 PM
@doghateburger: strangely enough you made me change my mind >_<" I'll try to find a team, and hopefully I get adopted =$
Thanks man! =)

EDIT: errrm, Tay.. can I join your team? It's ok if your team is already formed.

jaidurn
02-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Ok team. We are:

Team Taylourless
-Jaidurn(Rep)
-Mizu
-Miku
-Son
-[YOUR NAME HERE. If you want.]

Byakuran
02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm making a team 2 8D,, -butts in-

Who wants in?

Or

At what team may i join ;A; purlease.

ClockHand
02-21-2011, 02:25 PM
You can join in seffy teams or read previews posts to see the people who is alone.

Yara
02-21-2011, 02:36 PM
I'd like to join, Jai ^^"

indescribable
02-21-2011, 07:45 PM
EDIT: errrm, Tay.. can I join your team? It's ok if your team is already formed.
I don't think that will be a problem, Yara. I'll just ask e and nwap and let you know. However, there seem to be a few people without teams, yet -- maybe you could all join forces. O:

Participants according to team:
(people who are not officially part of a team yet are listed in bold)

Team Createceous
- Clock
- HtE
- Toast (rep)

Team Complete
- Matt
- Angel
- Seef (rep?)
- Illiahz

Team Taylourless
- Jai (rep)
- Miku
- Son
- Josh
- Linz (still deciding)

Team TeacupNinjaTots
- Taylour (rep)
- Erika
- Nwap
- Mizu (unofficial)

Team Tofu
- Byakuran (rep)
- Yara
- Wonderwolf
- Gedeon
- Pumpkin (still deciding)

- Bacon
- PWhit

doghateburger
02-21-2011, 10:38 PM
WOW! tay, you really saved me the trouble there! thanks!!! xDDD

Im glad we van 4 teams out that quickly C:

Im willing to take another team if you guys decided to form one, but plz, make sure you guys can communicate in one form or another whether it be pm, msn, groupboard, etc.

First match will be starting ion March C:

Yara
02-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks for all that, Tay! 8D

Ok, it seems we already have a team then =)
Guys in bold, I'll send ya my msn.

EDIT: Fiat_Lux, would like to join us? I've just sent a message to the guys but couldn't send one for you.. don't know what's wrong =S

DrPumpkin
02-22-2011, 03:31 AM
'kay.

I suggest we call our team Team Tofu. It shall go by that name until we get a proper one.

Gedeon
02-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Is there a tiny, little, misreble
, sad posobility that if josh doesnt come that i could fill in his spot???
YAY!

Byakuran
02-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Team Toffuuuuuu~~

Who's our leader?

If the spot isn't taken i would like to be the leader 8D, but only if my team agrees lol

Yara
02-22-2011, 05:05 AM
Is there a tiny, little, misreble
, sad posobility that if josh doesnt come that i could fill in his spot???
YAY!

Sure you can join.. I'll see what we can do with Josh if he couldn't find a team (I already have a solution but need to consult doghater first)

I don't have a tablet so.. Ok, Bya.. you lead =)

It's better to wait for the others to vote. We can make the leader position rotate among the team so people who would like to go through the leading experience can do so.. and sometimes the leader may go through exams and stuff, what do you think about this suggestion?

Other teams can take this idea if they liked it too.

EDIT: Thanks for the name, pumpkin =) and guys, please let me know if the time I've sent suit you for chatting about this.

Gedeon
02-22-2011, 05:26 AM
I dont think that "the LEADER" is such a big deal so whoever wants to be a leader fine by me. This is mostly a group contest am i right? So we pick out who we think who can do that part good, he finishes it and then send the pic to someone else to finish the part the other ones good at. And of course everyone gives out their opinions and sugestions and than we have an ULTRA MEGA GIGA TERA COOL PIC! ):D Yara fine for me but we should check with everyone else cuz im probably on the other side of the world from them...-_-'

doghateburger
02-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Once you guys are finish discussing, plz give me a full list of your members, with your team name and your rep C: post it like how Tay posted it C:

Yara
02-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Affirmative, Sir! ^^

indescribable
02-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Sure you can join.. I'll see what we can do with Josh if he couldn't find a team (I already have a solution but need to consult doghater first)
I'm sure Jai would be more than happy to take Josh, should he decide to join.

Byakuran
02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Guys. i'm the leader.

Follow the leader leader leader~~ .
To my team mates: Give me your e-mail so i can contact you D: and send stuff okay?

Yara
02-22-2011, 01:07 PM
@Tay: Great! ^_^ Although my solution was meant to have him with us </3 *sniff*.. Ok, I'll send him a message to check this thread.

@Bya: Ok, Ok! I'm following.. I'll send my msn ^^
and let's communicate via the private messages of MT or MSN because we'll be kicked out if we kept communicating here.

Gedeon
02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Ok just tell me where to send!!!??? I tried adding bya as a friend, but hes ignoring me -_-... guess that hes too popular or something :)
WHOOPS....:confused:

Yara
02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Ok just tell me where to send!!!??? I tried adding bya as a friend, but hes ignoring me -_-... guess that hes too popular or something :)

HEHEHE XD
man! Bya is 100 percent straight girl =D

I'll send ya a private message now.. check it out

Byakuran
02-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Team Tofu
- Pumpkin
- Yara
- Bya
- Fiat_Lux
- Gedeon
- Josh? (not sure if he's in or not)

So since i'm rep now. i want to stat some things
Since fiat_flux is not answering back or anything, i'm crossing her of the list.
I heard that josh is joining jai's team so he's out the list.
I heard from yara pumpkin might be busy. So i want some info about that. And could you send me your e-mail please?
i got the e-mail of gedeon,you still have to accept me lol!

Also wolf is joining our team, i mean wonderwolf, or axion here on i think lol. So our list is now

Team Tofu
- Byakuran
- Yara
- Wonderwolf
- Gedeon.

if there are still some issues you can contact with me ! and if there are other members who still want to join or anything
Also do you guys want a different team name?

PWhit
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
I'll join. Just put me anywhere.

ClockHand
02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Read previews posts. Try to find a team, not try to them find you.

PWhit
02-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Well this could be difficult,

Hey seef, it your team still accepting?

Bacon_Barbarian
02-22-2011, 10:42 PM
I'd like to join, but I've been known to quickly lose interest in projects... So if any group doesn't mind letting me join, but doesn't really expect much out of me (who does) it would be cool if I could join up wit them.

*Gives puppy dog eyes to Ceefy and Matt*

Yara
02-22-2011, 11:50 PM
@ PWhit and Bacon: go to page #6 of this thread. Tay is doing a cool job in keeping track of who needs to join a team, who didn't decide yet, teams that are already full, etc.
As mentioned earlier by Clock, team members should be between 3 to 5 members.

man! if Linz and Mizu decided to join that will be a tough war D'8 .. Seefy's already an art warrior *headdesk*

EDIT: you can send private messages or contact on MSN with the teams you'd like to join. Or, you can make your own team if the teams didn't have a slot ( we did made our team; thanks for Tay's suggestion ^^ )

indescribable
02-23-2011, 12:09 AM
Updated list of participants:

Team Createceous
- Clock
- HtE
- Toast (rep)

Team Complete
- Matt
- Angel
- Seef (rep?)
- Illiahz

Team Tit
- Jai (rep)
- Miku
- Son
- Josh
- Linz

Team TeacupNinjaTots
- Taylour (rep)
- Erika
- Nwap
- Mizu

Team Tofu
- Byakuran (rep)
- Yara
- Wonderwolf
- Gedeon
- Pumpkin (still deciding)

- PWhit
- Bacon
- Fiat_Lux?

ClockHand
02-23-2011, 12:33 AM
You know, it would be great to have a Avenger Team. So they can be like "Avenger Assemble!"

doghateburger
02-23-2011, 01:27 AM
whoa wait, what, LINZ!?!?!!?! O_O

Ok, list updated, thanks Tay for helping me out! ^^

I'm not starting until March, so If anyone still wants to assemble a team make it quick C:

Yara
02-23-2011, 01:34 AM
I can't find Wonderwolf in MT. Can anyone of communicate with him? We need to make him tell as about his free times.

Byakuran
02-23-2011, 06:08 AM
I gave him your e-mail yara, i'll talk to him.

also he's axion on this mt, i think lol.

J_Mizu
02-23-2011, 08:54 AM
JAAAIII if you ca read this Im switching to Tay's team T.T
Sorry orz

jaidurn
02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
*throws Mizu off the boat*

WE HAVE LINZ. SUCCESS.

indescribable
02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
OH, IT'S ON, JAI. IT'S ON. O<

J_Mizu
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I WAS APPARENTLY AN EXPENDABLE.
BITCH ITS ON!
Looooooooolllllllll

jaidurn
02-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Taylour made me man. Else you would be my friend still. >:C

Also:

Team Tit
-Jaidurn (Rep)
-Josh
-Linz
-Miku
-Son

Linz
02-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Just for the record, I thought of the name.

Jus' sayin.

indescribable
02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Good name.

ClockHand
02-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Tit pickers.

indescribable
02-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Ha ha.

ClockHand
02-23-2011, 09:29 PM
why are laughing?

indescribable
02-23-2011, 09:43 PM
</sarcasm>

ClockHand
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
</sarcasm to>

indescribable
02-23-2011, 10:39 PM
You forgot the italics.

</spam>

ClockHand
02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
You forgot getting a point.

</smartass>

J_Mizu
02-23-2011, 10:52 PM
LESS SPAM, BRING HATE TO WAR!

ClockHand
02-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Ok, I will bring hate.

Your socks suck!

J_Mizu
02-23-2011, 11:33 PM
k.

doghateburger
02-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Last call for team sign ups!!! :D

I might as well give some hinst for the first challenge ;DD

The first challenge will be a team collab challenge that must involve every member!. The Topic will be Meetings C:<

PWhit
02-24-2011, 12:08 AM
I'll just make a team since joining one is... impossible.

So who wants to join The Team of Teamsters?

indescribable
02-24-2011, 03:52 AM
</smartass>
Ahaha, man, you can only be a smartass when you actually say something smart. In this case you're just an ass.

Anyway, Iccy -- when is this happening and what will the time frame be for it? I suggest at least 2.5-3 weeks for this challenge, if not the entire month.

Sounds like fun; lookin' forward to it, guys.

Edit: @PWhit -- if all else fails, you can just join our team. :]

doghateburger
02-24-2011, 06:51 AM
1 month starting from march, but dont get too ahead of your self! I haven't reveal the topic ;P

HardToExplain
02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
I will crush all of you!

PWhit
02-24-2011, 10:06 AM
@indescribable, ill just join your team then.

ClockHand
02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
My an Ass? Impossible.

Our team is going to kick everyone ass's.

Byakuran
02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
The Topic will be Meetings C:<

I haven't reveal the topic ;P

What?

NWAP
02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he means "I haven't revealed the details yet". I have a question about the "public voting" though. Are the teams allowed to vote? And if so, could they vote for themselves?

indescribable
02-24-2011, 05:33 PM
And if so, could they vote for themselves?
Man, that'd just be lame.

@indescribable, ill just join your team then.
A'ight then, do you have an MSN or Skype? If you do, PM it to me. If not... You'd better check your PMs/be on the GB a lot.

PWhit
02-24-2011, 07:20 PM
ill get a skype asap then ill pm it

Celestial-Fox
02-25-2011, 01:25 AM
First: I'll be gone on vacation for two weeks in two weeks, so yeaaaah--heads up to anyone.

Second: My team configuration sounds good. Any team name suggestions from anyone?

doghateburger
02-25-2011, 01:49 AM
What?

oops >_> I meant THEME!!!! D;

I know i fail D:

To NWAP, yeah...I was actually reconsidering the voting thing, maybe judges are better? D:

ClockHand
02-25-2011, 02:16 AM
The problem, is who is going to judge and by what criteries.

doghateburger
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
thats the problem D;>

ClockHand
02-25-2011, 01:13 PM
It's better to letting it as a public votation. Next year you might think in some judges (but is kinda late for that now).

Byakuran
02-25-2011, 01:29 PM
uhm...

Whats the difference between theme and the topic?
do you mean like the topic is : banana's and theme: Fantasy... D: that we could draw something related to that like bananafairies? do you mean something like that?

ClockHand
02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't know, but my team already have an idea for the topic (or theme) meeting.

indescribable
02-25-2011, 11:30 PM
PWhit, I'm still waiting on that PM. Three days, man...

PWhit
02-26-2011, 12:57 AM
I can't really send you it if you dont accept the friend request.

doghateburger
02-26-2011, 01:13 AM
uhm...

Whats the difference between theme and the topic?
do you mean like the topic is : banana's and theme: Fantasy... D: that we could draw something related to that like bananafairies? do you mean something like that?

Yap, something like that ;D

CypressDahlia
02-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Banana fairies sound cool.

PWhit
02-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Off-Topic: "YOU ARE THE BANANA KING, CHARLIE!"

On-Topic: I kinda like that idea of a theme and topic. Definitely gets rid of artists block.

Byakuran
02-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Banana fairies sound cool.

They really do. i think i'll draw that.

What do banana fairies actually do D: ?

Also so we'll get the theme at 1 March? and it will be due to 1 April then?

Also pumpkin is on my team ;D.

Evil_Cake
02-26-2011, 12:57 PM
banana fairies come at night and turn ur green bananas yellow, and yellow ones brown

Byakuran
02-26-2011, 01:07 PM
i thought they also bend the bananas.

doghateburger
02-26-2011, 10:46 PM
wait, so tay, PWhit is on your team now right?

indescribable
02-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Yep.

doghateburger
02-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Ok, no more teams now C:

Since I'm gonna be busy tomorrow, I'm gonna post this first

[The First Challenge!!!]

Challenge type:Team Effort
Topic: Meetings
Theme: "In the Closet" (however you look at it ;D)

Description: Each Team must create an illustration with the topic of "Meetings and the theme of "In the Closet". Every member must contribute to the piece. Have a discussion with your team mates and see how take up what roles.

Hints and Tips: Try to divide jobs amount teammates equally. Discuss about what kind of setting you want, what kind of atmosphere, then utilize your special skills at art to put the piece together.

GOODLUCK!

J_Mizu
02-28-2011, 06:08 PM
when's this due?

indescribable
02-28-2011, 06:58 PM
He said we have the entire month to complete, so I would guess we have until March 31st.

Also we added you to a skype convo.

Celestial-Fox
03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
My team should brainstorm some ideas, because I'll be busy with commissions until next week, and then I'll be leaving for vacation for a long while. Because I won't be able to participate in the contest entry until the very end of the month (I can shade/do touch-ups, whateverwhatever), I'd like you guys to be the big thinkers behind the concept instead of me, you know? :>

doghateburger
03-07-2011, 11:06 AM
like Tay said, 31st of march Cx sorry, forgot to post the due date, just got back from another town D:

Sonny
03-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Too bad I joined MT late. Would have loved to participate.

ClockHand
03-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Sonny if you like, you can still join with us (we haven't started yet, so there is time to join us).

You need to ask toast.

Avy16
03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! It seemed so good and I CAN'T JOIN.

angel_dreamer13
03-11-2011, 06:41 PM
FUDGEFUDGEFUDGE :cat_ahhh:
I'm not going to be in town this month. at all.
I can help brainstorm but I don't know if I'll be able to do much else ;-;

Byakuran
03-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Well just giving a heads up, Wonderwolf// Axion is off the team for this month...

it seems he's kinda busy this month but maybe next contest he can join :)

+ Yara shes busy with studies and will prob join in juli or something >.o

doghateburger
03-22-2011, 10:54 AM
A quick reminder, you guys have 9 more days C:

doghateburger
03-25-2011, 05:10 AM
More remainder due date is in 5 days C:

doghateburger
03-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Guys! GUYS! I just realize, all of the Team leaders but Tay have their account set to private, I can't PM the reminder to you guys!!! D:!!!!!

Anyways, Just a reminder your team need to send in you pics on March 31st!!

Rio
03-28-2011, 10:56 AM
You should be able to PM each other now. I've set the privacy setting down to 13 and under. (This means that you can't PM someone 13 and under unless you guys are Friends)

Byakuran
03-30-2011, 10:27 AM
So does it count if i send my teams pic at

23.59: 31 March?

doghateburger
03-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks Rio! 8D

To Byakuran, Sure thing C:

Byakuran
03-30-2011, 05:07 PM
WAIT what timezone?

indescribable
03-31-2011, 02:31 AM
Please be the last one. > . <

doghateburger
03-31-2011, 02:37 AM
Yeah, last one is fine, I understand most people live in different places, so I really don;t mind as long as you get it to me before the the 2nd of april (MY TIME) D:!

EDIT: anyways since its almost april first, I'll be posting the new challenge for you guys to start thinking. Please pm me your work before starting the next challege ok C:

Description: Each Team must pick TWO, and ONLY TWO members for this particular challenge. The Pair must collaborate and establish a picture base on the new Topic and theme.
Team must name which two members will be participating before beginning the picture.

Hints and Tips: Other members may provide verbal suggestions, red line, critiques, or any other thing as long as they don't lay a single finger on the picture.

GOODLUCK!

indescribable
04-01-2011, 03:34 AM
Sent the link on MSN.

doghateburger
04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Gotcha Tay ;D

If no other group PM me by tomorrow then this challenge will be label "Fail" D:

indescribable
04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
D:

BUT WE WORKED SO HARD. ; - ;

doghateburger
04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I now xDDD But ever since most of the old members left, I'm starting to have little faith in Events D:.

So far the most successful event was the Sai Moe contest here xD

ClockHand
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Sad.

My team couldn't make it, we have been extremly busy also I enter to classes and the theme was to much work (meeting in the closet + no time + a lot of work + classes = forget it).

MiKuRu
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Only Tays team sent in there piece?

indescribable
04-01-2011, 06:14 PM
-sadface-

Byakuran
04-01-2011, 06:15 PM
WHY CANT I PM YOU...!?

im done . - .

doghateburger
04-02-2011, 01:44 AM
O_o, you cant? D: b-but how?! D:!

indescribable
04-02-2011, 01:52 AM
I think she ended up trying to email it to you or something.

indescribable
04-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Yeah, last one is fine, I understand most people live in different places, so I really don;t mind as long as you get it to me before the the 2nd of april (MY TIME) D:!

EDIT: anyways since its almost april first, I'll be posting the new challenge for you guys to start thinking. Please pm me your work before starting the next challege ok C:

GOODLUCK!
Hey so, who's up for this? 'Cause I don't wanna put a lot of work into this if nobody else is gonna do it.

Show of hands, people.
... or... whatever.

Byakuran
04-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Hmmmm i wonder if my team wants 2 join :/ ,, ill see what gonna happen

Gedeon
04-03-2011, 04:54 PM
well i certanly am going to join......but the problem is that i still havent got any emails from my teammates on who can participate this month^-^' OI GUYS TELL ME!!!!!!!

sanny1064
04-03-2011, 08:58 PM
how does one join a team? cause i'd really like to get in on this!!

Byakuran
04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
my team pair is prob:

Dr. Pumpkin and Gedeon...

Also

There are more members who want to join we could try to form a new team as well, since im not sure if the teams that dropped out last time will join now, so we should maybe contact active members and make more teams? fun really goes aways it its just 2 teams (no harsh feeling, Tay's team :P) .... :/ well it just is possible since i think there are people who want to join and pm-ing isnt that good since i could pm you iccy i mailed it, so maybe you should then when there are more teams use emails to contacts teams rep :/ ?

PWhit
04-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I forgot to post that I will be resigning from my Art War team as I am hitting some tough assignments in my composition class. I sincerely apologize and hope I can come back. again during the summer.

sanny1064
04-05-2011, 06:53 PM
so can i join or not?? lol.

doghateburger
04-06-2011, 11:49 AM
ok, hold up, I'm gonna put up some new rules soon, which will allow new members to join, but i need to think of away to make things fair here, if i allow members to pick their own team, everyone will go for the better artist >_>, thats kinda the problem im facing atm :C

indescribable
04-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Oh, btw... I think Mizu is off our team as well. Maybe she still wants in at some point, but I haven't spoken to her in almost a month. D:

EDIT: So is anyone doing this, or what?

NWAP
04-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Hey guys, I have just a few things to keep in mind when participating in this contest and all contest for that matter.

1.)CAN YOU FOLLOW THROUGH? These contest are meant to be fun. but with that being said, please (PLEASE!) keep in mind, drawing and collaboration take TIME. You may have a great desire to participate in the contest, but EXAMINE YOUR SCHEDULE first. WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO THIS? We all hope you do! We want to see your art! But it would probably be better NOT to join, then let your team down,the contest holder, or Manga tutorials for that matter :o . And that brings me to...

2.) CREDIBILITY. A lot of the popular, and well known artists on MT, a'rent popular just for their art skills, a lot is due to their Credibility. Because we love to draw, we sometimes agree to things(contests/requests), and then realize we cant fulfill our agreement. ITS OK! this happens to everyone. Things come up that we cant control. But, how OFTEN do we actually succeed in finishing what we said we would do? Are you building a bad reputation for yourself? Its something to think about ono

I'm not trying to make this all serious, its not like any of us are getting paid O.o . I realized that I'm very guilty of "not following through" sometimes. I just want people to remember that the success of a contest depends on you. o-o *smokey the bear point*

Byakuran
04-08-2011, 03:19 PM
EDIT: So is anyone doing this, or what?

Yes our team :)

GOODLUCK!

Hey guys, I have just a few things to keep in mind when participating in this contest and all contest for that matter.

1.)CAN YOU FOLLOW THROUGH? These contest are meant to be fun. but with that being said, please (PLEASE!) keep in mind, drawing and collaboration take TIME. You may have a great desire to participate in the contest, but EXAMINE YOUR SCHEDULE first. WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO THIS? We all hope you do! We want to see your art! But it would probably be better NOT to join, then let your team down,the contest holder, or Manga tutorials for that matter :o . And that brings me to...

2.) CREDIBILITY. A lot of the popular, and well known artists on MT, a'rent popular just for their art skills, a lot is due to their Credibility. Because we love to draw, we sometimes agree to things(contests/requests), and then realize we cant fulfill our agreement. ITS OK! this happens to everyone. Things come up that we cant control. But, how OFTEN do we actually succeed in finishing what we said we would do? Are you building a bad reputation for yourself? Its something to think about ono

I'm not trying to make this all serious, its not like any of us are getting paid O.o . I realized that I'm very guilty of "not following through" sometimes. I just want people to remember that the success of a contest depends on you. o-o *smokey the bear point*

QFE

doghateburger
04-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Ok, so, it seems like there are still 2 dedicated teams left, so here are some new rules for the teams.

Teams will now be able to take in new additional members. however! each team will require the following;
-1 Team Leader, or Representative who will be responsible for sending me the finish work
-3 Permanent members, these guys are not a lot to jump ships, meaning they must dedicate them self in every challenge.
and lastly
-any number of "Freelance Members", these guys may jump ships, and teams may recruit as many as they want.

Rules for being a Freelance Members-
Freelance members, can join any team before a challenge commence, and leave only after the challenge is finish. Freelance member CANNOT join both teams simultaneousness, during a challenge. They must finish that challenge for the team, before they can jump ships.

Team leaders are also responsible for posting Freelance members after a challenge is up, this is to prevent any freelance member from participating on both ends. If a freelance member is found to be participating on both ends, he will be panelized to sit out for a few challenge.

As for this months challenge, teams may proceed with their permanent members.

Byakuran
04-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Does a leader count as a permanent member? since you were a team if you had 3 people right?

Cuz otherwise i have only 2 permanent members :/ then im not a team?

doghateburger
04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Actually, yeah sure C:

NWAP
04-12-2011, 12:37 PM
well since my team only has 3 members now(including me),I would think that I'm a permanent member.There's a problem though... my team is too busy. I don't feel I should have to sit out just cuz the rest of my team is busy, I WANT TO DO THIS :C . So I see two options here, either I pick up one more person for our team ( but i'm not allowed to because i'm not the team rep/leader i think), or I consider myself a "freelance" member and wait to be drafted to another team. what should I do?

doghateburger
04-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Well, you dont really need to be a team leader to recruit anyone, you can just drop a note to tay, and find some one ;D

Sutari
04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
I WILL join this when i get my computer back from the shop. I MUST.

Byakuran
04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Iccy check yur messages D<

indescribable
04-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Just checking in to see if there are any teams that have made some progress this month...?

Byakuran
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Uhm i pm'd iccy that our team is /maybe/ going to be out, since i haven't gotten Dr. Pumpkin to contact and ive sent that but i havent gotten any reply, how about yur team?

indescribable
04-29-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm sad to say that we will be withdrawing, both due to a lack of members in our part, and an apparent lack of interest from other teams.

Sorry Iccy, and better luck next time to everyone -- I had fun while it lasted.

Gedeon
04-30-2011, 08:39 AM
:cat_ahhh::cat_sigh::cat_whyyou::cat_noes::cat_noe s::cat_cryincorner:

Byakuran
04-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Mhhh... so no challenge this time? its a real good compition but people do intend to have it busy and stuff -cough-

We should organise the teams better, there are still people -active- interested.. ithinkihope

Rio
05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
So which teams are still active or which members are still active? :just curious:

Byakuran
05-06-2011, 03:40 PM
-coughs-

I am, uhm Gedeon i think 2...

Tay's team people

i was still gonna ask miku, he wanted to join my team, and i think other members of other teams?
I heard jai also wanted to do this still... uhm...

doghateburger
05-11-2011, 10:53 AM
yeeaaaahhhh, unfortunately, I think the event might have died out :/, and Bya, I actually saw your message but i didn't have the time to reply because I was moving to a new house, and I didin't have internet for awhile. Sorry bout that xD.

So yeah, I think, MAYBE this event came out at the wrong time. Maybe I should have waited for summer or something ._.

Sorry to say this but yeah, this event is GAME OVER! D:

Byakuran
05-11-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Well summer is just arround the corner im finished with school in 3 weeks so :D...