PDA

View Full Version : Art Wars?

doghateburger
02-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Well, I've been thinking of this "Art Wars" concept, so here is how it goes. There will be several artistic groups, maybe around 4 or 6 groups (3-7 members per group). Then how this work is kinda like B-boy battle, one artist from each group will battle it out in an artistic manner through epic art rage one on one. The winner will be determine by public voting.

So whats's different? Despite it being 1v1 group mates can help out by providing ideas, advise, red-lines, and critiques, as long as they sketch it out, and colour it them self.

So yeah, in other words, its kinda like the "Artist Arena" we had a long long time ago except this one is a group battle. Before I kick things into gear, I want to know how many of you are interested, and yes, you can pick your own groups.

EDIT
UPDATE!!!! PLZ READ!!!!
You guys can go ahead and start picking out your teams, you can communicate via pm/msn/group boar chat, etc, however you like. Once you have your team, pick out a representative. Representative will be the person that I will be communicating with if there are any matters to discuss. It doesn't necessarily have to be the best artist, but rather the one with the most responsibility. After that, I would like the Representative to plz pm me your member list. You can only join ONE team, so no multiple team alliances.

All member list please be submitted before March 1st C: Thx!

Rules and regulations will be posting next C:
So anybody interested? :D

ClockHand
02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm in.

doghateburger
02-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Awesome sauce mate! :D

I should also mention that for people who are worry about their artistic skill level, I'm gonna say don't worry at all, this is an activity for pure fun, and a little rivalry, don't worry about lacking in skill or anything silly. The more you participate, the more you'll learn, and you might pick up something or two from this activity ;D

indescribable
02-13-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm rather interested. How often would one have to draw? Also, would all pictures be required to be full colour?

ClockHand
02-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Who is going to deside the theme of the duels? or is like... I go, do a draw, and the other guy has to do something related but in his own way. Like, my draw is a challenge against him.

doghateburger
02-13-2011, 12:46 AM
To Tay, well, not necessarily, it would depend on the situation most of the time C:

To CH, Well...I actually haven' thought of that, but I like what you suggested! Maybe each round we'll have a team decide the initial theme, then we keep going until for a certain time period, like for example, we give a week , and in that week, both artist can draw as many drawing as they like in relation to that theme, until the time is up...or something like that ._.? any suggestions? xD

ClockHand
02-13-2011, 12:49 AM
I like that, because at the end is a 1vs1, so the number of entrys doesn't change anything (even so a limite would be good).

doghateburger
02-13-2011, 12:51 AM
yeah I suppose, maybe a limit up to 5 piece per person before we put it up for votes? hmmm, actually, since this is a team game, we should have a point system. So maybe every round that a team wins, they get 1 point, and then at the end of the year, we see which team have the most point wins the epic art wars! 8D

ClockHand
02-13-2011, 12:53 AM
That would mean we need to make more than 2 teams.

I agree but I think the sort of the people in each team should be random (is more interesting in that way).

doghateburger
02-13-2011, 12:57 AM
hmmm.... I dunno, I would prefer self pick out teams, that way its easier for them to communicate with each other. And yeah, it would be better if we can get 4 or 5 teams C:

ClockHand
02-13-2011, 01:02 AM
I like the idea. But I'm really skeptical about this... knowing the record of MT users for the contests and all that stuffs.

doghateburger
02-13-2011, 01:19 AM
I agree with you, unlike last time, we lost quite a handful of members that always participate in this type of events.

ClockHand
02-13-2011, 01:23 AM
I think, if we do this, in a big way (with Rio support) maybe more people get interested (this is doesn't mean they are going to do their parts).

But well, there is nothing to lose.

doghateburger
02-13-2011, 01:38 AM
yeah, I suppose it might work. hmmm....lets wait out and see how many more people are interested C:

Saith
02-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Welp, I'm in. :3

toast
02-13-2011, 01:39 PM
ICCY!!

yup, I'm in

Bacon_Barbarian
02-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Im interested, but I'm one of those people who quickly loses interest on big projects so... Yeah

HardToExplain
02-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm in.

ClockHand
02-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Hey dhb you could tell rio and start organizating this (like asking people to form the teams, etc).

Like we need someone to force us to work xD.

SassyTurtles
02-15-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm totally in.

Yara
02-16-2011, 02:27 AM
*jumps in*

Son44
02-16-2011, 04:29 AM
Im in! or i think i'm in xD Have a lot of things going on atm

doghateburger
02-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Awesome sauce guys! 8D

At Clockhand, aight buddy ;D

EDIT; actually, I get Rio to help me do the announcement once I get all the rules and regulations set xD. I'll be posing them later tonight C:

Gedeon
02-16-2011, 11:28 AM
I LIKE IT!!!! GREAT IDEA,and i think we should have something like to judge the skills of the drawers, cuz it would be dum to have a LEGEND team fight the team with one legend and all newbs cuz he wasent fast enough... we should pick out the legends and let only one or two be on one team. + more teams + more equal grounded teams ???? oh im in too btw!

MiKuRu
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't mind joining :). Count me in.

angel_dreamer13
02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
I might join this :D

doghateburger
02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Awesome! more people! 8D

To Gedeon, That would be a great idea, but I don't think we need to worry about that, because most of the good artist are gone unfortunately, there are only a few remains, but I doubt they will participate in such events :c. So if you manage to grab them in, than your team will be in a real shape ;D

UPDATE!!!! PLZ READ!!!!
You guys can go ahead and start picking out your teams, you can communicate via pm/msn/group boar chat, etc, however you like. Once you have your team, pick out a representative. Representative will be the person that I will be communicating with if there are any matters to discuss. It doesn't necessarily have to be the best artist, but rather the one with the most responsibility. After that, I would like the Representative to plz pm me your member list. You can only join ONE team, so no multiple team alliances.

All member list please be submitted before March 1st C: Thx!

Rules and regulations will be posting next C:

Rio
02-16-2011, 10:00 PM
EDIT; actually, I get Rio to help me do the announcement once I get all the rules and regulations set xD. I'll be posing them later tonight C:Actually, I've been reading the thread so let me know when you got all the details together and get in touch with me. I'll make an announcement at the site (er, blog).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the Art Wars. I missed out on it before so I'd really like to see it in action. C:

Gedeon
02-17-2011, 07:19 AM
You're saying that we aren't good artists..... ):( !!!!??? I keed i keed! :D Trust me there are a lot of good ones, probably not LEGENDS.. but good ones.

Matt
02-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I'd like to join in on this as well. Sounds fun.

doghateburger
02-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Do check out the official thread here C:

http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?441-MT-s-ART-WARS!-An-all-new-artistic-game-event!-8D-*sign-ups*

Rio
02-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Since the official thread is up, I'll close this one.