PDA

View Full Version : Comipo?

KakashiTheSharingan
02-11-2011, 05:23 PM
What is Comipo?
I was reading a Otaku Usa Maganize and i saw this software for drawing mangas or something...the site is http://www.comipo.com
Its translated in Japanese.

ClockHand
02-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm going to answer this.

Comí in spanish mean Ate, is the past of Eat. And Po or 'Po, is a chilenism used in here that has no meaning. So is Comí'po.

KakashiTheSharingan
02-11-2011, 05:28 PM
No...go to the site...its a drawing software...for manga comics...I never heard of it until now.

ClockHand
02-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey, hey, hey... I'm the one who know spanish, don't come here trying to teach ME.

violin
02-11-2011, 07:17 PM
I can't read anything. Looks like a software where you create manga by drag and drop of premade sets and images. Not sure because I don't know Japanese :)

PWhit
02-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Google Translator to the rescue! :D

(or at least... what it could translate!)

As I found the parts that could be translated into English, you're absolutely correct about making comics. The problem appears to be that it makes the characters and places for you when I was reading the update diaries. It may give interchangeable hairstyles, eye sets and other positions of the body, but it doesn't look like it would allow original genuine artwork.

KakashiTheSharingan
02-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh really...so it doesnt let you create your own manga..just the characters

LVUER
02-12-2011, 08:29 PM
So it's kind of "doll" software?

Rio
02-13-2011, 10:37 PM
It's a manga creation software. What's different about it is that it has pre-rendered characters, backgrounds, and other items you can drag and drop into your panels. Anyways, I've talked about it in the blog here (http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/blog/tag/comipo/) so you can check out more about it here (http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/blog/tag/comipo/).

violin
02-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Thank you for the blog post and the video rio. Looks like a nice software for non artists like me. Or for artist that want ot create their model once in 3D and then just tweek it and produce manga faster. However in your blog you said that it "have the usual tones, panels, and drawing abilities found it Manga Studio". Didn't looked like that it has the same drawing abilities from the video and if it had why didn't they mentioned it. Looks like most chacaters and assets are 3D models in different poses and then you just rotate them around. Not saying it's bad but I think Manga Studio looks far better. You can always do 3D models tweak them in your modeling software and export to Manga Studio.

Rio
02-13-2011, 11:28 PM
It depends on what you're looking for. It seems like ComiPo is more aimed for the artistically-impaired manga creators out there but yes, in the long run, it would be best to just stick with Manga Studio if you draw your own work.

Re: video>> Not sure but who knows? Maybe they only had time to show the 3D elements. Anyways, I'll wait till the English version is out to pass judgement. There's only so much that you can know with just reading details about it.

violin
02-14-2011, 12:00 AM
I was able to download a Trial version (in Japanese :() from here:
http://www.comipo.com/evaluate/index.html
You can scroll down to the Red Download button.

I've installed - by pressing buttons I don't know what they mean. It looks like the trial version has only several assets included. The program doesn't look like something complicated. The UI is super easy - I was able to do something given the fact it's not in English. There is a toolbar on the left with categories: Frames, 3D Characters, 3D Objects, 2D backgrounds, Text Baloons, Speed lines and user menu(it acrually says User in English :D). The program is using DirectX - so Windows only. It's nicely done. You just drag and drop the character as shown on the video. Everything is drag and drop and then altering. I've drop a female characher changed her mood to happy, added an umbreal, rotated her abit, added a text balloon , a backgound and speed lines in just 2-3 minutes. It was fun - but you feel alot limited. There are alot of poses and the fact that objects and charactes are 3D and can be rotated gives you some freedom. Rendering is very well done. They look like 2D drawings - that's nice. There are no drawing abilities. Or atleast I could find any. But the interface was so easy that I don't think I've missed that.

As I said everything is drag and drop. Even the frames. Everthing is included as a layer and can be roated, zoomed etc. You could propably use this program to include your pictures and arrange them in the frames, add backfround , balloons etc.

Here is a pic of what I did:
http://download.game2make.com/temp/mtbackchange/screen01.png

I can post some screenshots of the interface but it looks just like on the video.

ClockHand
02-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Recommendation: Put the character more in the center (rule of thirds).

Rio
02-14-2011, 11:24 PM
That sounds pretty cool, violin! But I guess it's not for those of us who can actually draw. In the end, you will be limited to what the software offers. Also, iirc, you can use the results for commercial purposes just as long as you do not use the characters themselves.

Sylux
02-15-2011, 01:15 PM
All I see are fucking squares >:\
Damn downgraded school comps...