PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer read manga, or watch anime, or watch live action(based on manga)?

Reset
02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I prefer all three. but sometimes there comic series is better, or there better on anime or live action.
As example: DB Z, I love this manga but the anime is damn slow same as Naruto.:mad:

I proud of series that good on these three kind of media.
So please share your opinion here, id like to read or watch your favorite if its really something.

I recomended to read and watch of these series (good on both of them):
Great Teacher Onizuka, One Piece, Bloody Monday, Death Note:cool:

Recomended by other (series that good at both of media):
-By Lvuer: Team Medical Dragon (or Iryuu)

Matt
02-11-2011, 04:06 PM
I loved the Black Cat manga, and it holds its place as my favorite of all time. The anime, though, sucked in comparison. The characters looked nice and the English dubs were actually fairly good. What really annoyed me is their tendency to skip fight scenes or put a bunch of still pictures with dialogue. I'm not asking for full 3D cel-shaded stuff, but I at least want animation. I mean, they can draw characters well. That's great. Now make them move, and not just in keyframes. At least have someone do a few in-betweens.

Though I could say that last bit about a lot of anime, including my favorite: Higurashi. Can't do too much with such a low framerate, though. By the way, the Higurashi anime trumps the live action. The live action made Shion and Mion look sorta ugly, and they're supposed to be hot. Also, you couldn't tell the difference between any of them except Keiichi, because he was the only guy.

ClockHand
02-11-2011, 05:19 PM
read.

Reset
02-12-2011, 10:50 AM
@Matt:
I'm too much disappointed with the live action. Because many are not good actresses take roll in it. dorama who lifted from manga rarely made with seriously, or sometimes the acting good but the character does not match what we expect may be in the manga shes hot, but when live action is played by actress who are not hot at all.
But there is also a manga that lot of word, although good but make heads so dizzy. but the manga like this is what I like, because after the live action or anime made very few silence scenes.
I ever read Black Cat too (but not till the end, cuz the manga rental that i was supose to rent manga was not provide it anymore), but i've never saw the anime especially after you say it suck so i'll never saw it.

@Clock Hand:
So you prefer read. How you read it? i mean there is my friend who read manga 3 times for single action, he read "only" images til the end of book after that he read "only" all of the words, then finally he read both of them. He say "here's the way how to enjoy manga."

LVUER
02-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Speaking about live action... I think the best live action film that taken from manga (for now at least) is Team Medical Dragon (or Iryuu). It's now has reach the third season. For you who don't know this manga, it tells you a story of a team of highly skilled surgeons. Of course they cut a lot of "meat" in the film...

Unfortunately, the manga story writer died several years ago...

@Reset:
3 times... wow. Though I myself, read manga many times more... but not in succession (some times, I even lost count how many times I've re-read the same books).

ClockHand
02-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I read. Is simple, you read what is happening, you read the draws, you read what they are saying (or if there is a narrator, what he is saying), etc.

Is the same that your friend does but in one round (of course I take my time in every page, I don't want to go to the next one if the rythm is not good for whats going on).

Reset
02-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Speaking about live action... I think the best live action film that taken from manga (for now at least) is Team Medical Dragon (or Iryuu). It's now has reach the third season. For you who don't know this manga, it tells you a story of a team of highly skilled surgeons. Of course they cut a lot of "meat" in the film...

Unfortunately, the manga story writer died several years ago...
Yes I read this manga till 11 volume, but i don't know the writer was died, it's so sad cuz the story is brilian.
But i never watch the dorama version, but i will if you say good so

@Reset:
3 times... wow. Though I myself, read manga many times more... but not in succession (some times, I even lost count how many times I've re-read the same books).
I ever try too, but i just like to read both of them in single action than have to read it 3 times, but if you mean "re-reading" of course i always do that.

I read. Is simple, you read what is happening, you read the draws, you read what they are saying (or if there is a narrator, what he is saying), etc.

Is the same that your friend does but in one round (of course I take my time in every page, I don't want to go to the next one if the rythm is not good for whats going on).

Yes!it's just same as me.My friend, he's in financial freedom so he had a lot of time, but if goes to me (i wish) with financial freedom and have a lot of time i will read as it as me right now

ClockHand
02-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I have friends who reads comics as books, and is awful, because in few seconds or minutes they are done. They don't take the time to go with the rythm of what's going on in the story and take a appreaciation of the draws.

I think going slow and going to fast is a waste, you just need to go with the rythm of the story.

indescribable
02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
I almost always prefer the original format of any given manga, anime, or live-action series. However, I generally like manga the best. Not really a fan of live-action series, tbh.

Reset
02-12-2011, 10:44 PM
I have friends who reads comics as books, and is awful, because in few seconds or minutes they are done. They don't take the time to go with the rythm of what's going on in the story and take a appreaciation of the draws.

I think going slow and going to fast is a waste, you just need to go with the rythm of the story.

So why don't we call it the "reads-comics-as-books syndrome." I just can't belive there was kind of person like that, I still enjoying a reading picture in comic even though i'm not like the style. she/he must be has heritage gen from dinasour age where people watch soccer using ear (i mean radio, in my country an old man must be ever experiencing an age without TV)

I almost always prefer the original format of any given manga, anime, or live-action series. However, I generally like manga the best. Not really a fan of live-action series, tbh.

Yeah sometimes i like that too, BTW are you ever watch Great Teacher Onizuka? I read the manga version just after watch its dorama that aired on our national television, It won the 1998 Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen.

LVUER
02-12-2011, 10:50 PM
@Reset:
The only weakness of this Team Medical Dragon live action film is that... all the characters are too good-looking ^_^ Even for that young doctor (who's his name again? I forgot), he's waaay too handsome. In season 3, my sister said that he's deliberately make up his face so he looks like a fool... but for me, he's still too handsome.

Reset
02-12-2011, 11:48 PM
You mean a young doctor that can cut artery with perfect shape? Hell yeah, this the way how to attract girl to watch sheinen

LVUER
02-13-2011, 04:41 AM
I don't know about that... but the character I mean is the young doctor that already appeared since the first episode. He is the second person to be recruited into the group (the first one is the nurse). He's just recently become a doctor when the series start, so he is the most incapable one among the group. But he's willing to learn... and he learn HARD ^_^ making me wish that he would become good ASAP.

Reset
02-13-2011, 11:44 AM
That's man what I mean. He including into the team because he's not already infected by the hospital system in japan

Rio
02-13-2011, 10:54 PM
I almost always generally prefer the manga. Anime comes in second and I do NOT watch Live Action. D:

Reset
02-14-2011, 06:37 AM
Why you did not watch the live action? Indeed many of it was "ugly", but there are also good.

ClockHand
02-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Japanese live actions are bad because their acting is not belieble (they act like manga characters) and the direction is not good. USA live actions are bad because they rape they story.

At the end Live Actions are bad.

Read manga ftw.

Reset
02-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, may indeed be more appropriate so to say "At the end Live Actions are bad."

I was very disappointed after watching the movie "King of Fighter" and "Dragon Ball."

LVUER
02-14-2011, 07:35 PM
That's not because live action is bad... but that because those movies themselves are bad (and we have too high expectation).

Like I said, Iryuu live action isn't that bad. And if you want to include hollywood movies as live action, then first Tomb Raider and first Iron Man movie isn't bad (in fact, it's good for me).

Recent Kamen Rider (tokusatsu = live action) is pretty good. The acting is decent, the actor is quite good looking, the costume is very clean and awesome, and the CGI is good (but don't start comparing it with hollywood CGI please...).

Reset
02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Talking about kamen rider i love Black Rx and Kabuto soo much. Kabuto is greatest tokusatsu live action i've ever watch, but five last episode was "sh*t." maybe the real problem is the director and toy sell planing.

LVUER
02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Aaah... I don't really like Kabuto, especially with the circus and idiots cast of characters. The only normal person is Kagami... and he's not that normal either.

My favorite Kamen Rider (physically only) is G3X. While my favorite Kamen Rider series is Kamen Rider Kuuga.

Hamachi
02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Live action usually entails caucasians playing asian roles. I might watch the Cowboy Bebop movie w/ Keanu Reeves but that's where I draw the line. Also, Keanu has this weird habit of being either awesome or totally awful.

LVUER
02-15-2011, 12:39 AM
That is live action in western counterpart. But in here (esp. Japan), live action usually film that taken from anime, video games, or at least film that should be anime, but use real actors instead. Henshin heroes (transforming heroes), which is super heroes equivalent in Japan, is perhaps better made as anime (just like super heroes is cartoon in US). But they more often make is as live action instead. This genre is called tokusatsu in Japan.

Reset
02-15-2011, 04:58 AM
@Hamachi: He's actually half right, what i mean "live action" in this thread refer to some kind of movie is lifted from manga, comic, and manhwa, etc.. but not limited too japanese or asian only.

Aaah... I don't really like Kabuto, especially with the circus and idiots cast of characters. The only normal person is Kagami... and he's not that normal either.

Maybe because the kind of arrogant person he've got (i like it!!!). I dont mind whatever whose act as Tendou as well as he can play good i'm happy. What i like much from this Rider is speed after "clock up." And Kagami is playing well too.

If seeing tendou act is remind me The Lightning Tiger (Yochun) from "Veritas" manhwa.

My favorite Kamen Rider (physically only) is G3X. While my favorite Kamen Rider series is Kamen Rider Kuuga.
G3x is a reborn of Rider no.6. I very salute for him, he can still fight while taking pain of using that suit. but Gill is the best i think (before the Agito shining form was born). This series has the best monster costume that i ever watch after Rider Blade (monster costume), and the story line is the best too but again after rider Kuuga. I think its some kind of sequel of kuuga but in another dimension.
At least the best fighter (and smartess + non idiot + non moron person)is always Kabuto, he can beat the speed of Faiz whose using that some kind of "frisbee"-thing and still can beat Rider Decado (the pinky rider) that claim him self to be "who pass all of rider" and he actually the only rider that never beat by decado. And its weapon is knife, its cool!!!

LVUER
02-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Agito is in Kuuga world, 100 years later... That's why G3 is inspired by Kuuga (and it's indeed, look at the similarity in the design). Why it's cool? Because it's kamen rider with guns, grenade launcher, gatling guns, and even rocket launcher >_< If only they add drills into the arsenal... I only like G3X for the cosmetic, not the power.

Decade is supposed to be the strongest. In the series, Decade is powered down so much that he's a wimpy. Watch the movie version (when he already reach the Fury form). He beats all Sky Rider, Super One, and Kabuto all at the same time (and without breaking a sweat). The ultimate kamen rider indeed...

ClockHand
02-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Live action usually entails caucasians playing asian roles. I might watch the Cowboy Bebop movie w/ Keanu Reeves but that's where I draw the line. Also, Keanu has this weird habit of being either awesome or totally awful.

I don't know if Spike is asian. I have always believed that he is like part jew or something (because of the jewfro he have). Also the story in Cowboy bebop is not ambiented in japan or anything like that and the names are pretty english.

Hamachi
02-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Nah, he probably isn't. Actually the reason why I was willing to watch it was because of that very reason. In other words, because Cowboy Bebop made non-Japanese characters the main characters.

I don't know if your generic US/European actors could pull off the extreme emotions required by anime culture effectively though. There are some exceptions, most notably Shakespearean actors, that I'd imagine would be perfect for the role.

For example. The dream situation: young Keith Brannagan stars as the Fullmetal Alchemist. An example of his acting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmNzw8joHQY

But unfortunately, he's never heard of anime and by now is too old, fat and ugly. Yet another shameful neverwas of history.

jubeh
02-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Wasn't spike born on mars. So he's a martian and keanu reeves is as close as you're going to get to that.

Reset
02-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Agito is in Kuuga world, 100 years later... That's why G3 is inspired by Kuuga (and it's indeed, look at the similarity in the design). Why it's cool? Because it's kamen rider with guns, grenade launcher, gatling guns, and even rocket launcher >_< If only they add drills into the arsenal... I only like G3X for the cosmetic, not the power.

Decade is supposed to be the strongest. In the series, Decade is powered down so much that he's a wimpy. Watch the movie version (when he already reach the Fury form). He beats all Sky Rider, Super One, and Kabuto all at the same time (and without breaking a sweat). The ultimate kamen rider indeed...

huh?I'm not watch it till the end let alone the movie. I just watch till he got something like "K-Touch" n in the dimension where kiva was evil. i feel throw up. but kabuto not fight using hyper clock up i suppose?

LVUER
02-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Oh, he used it alright ^_^ In fact, he is killed while using Clock-up. Because remember that Decade also have clock-up features... and then Decade used invisible. And then his Final Attack Ride to finish Kabuto. It's nice to see that only Kabuto's horn that left from the explosion...

And there IS Evil Kiva even in the Kamen Rider Kiva own series (Dark Kiva, the previous Fangaia King). So Decade isn't that wrong with the "dark world" story. What I'm ranting is why Ryuuga shows up again after he's defeated way earlier in the series?

Reset
02-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Nah, he probably isn't. Actually the reason why I was willing to watch it was because of that very reason. In other words, because Cowboy Bebop made non-Japanese characters the main characters.

Good Reason. If all movie version of manga is acted by good actor or actress maybe much of people like it.

For example. The dream situation: young Keith Brannagan stars as the Fullmetal Alchemist.

I want to watch something like that too.

Oh, he used it alright ^_^ In fact, he is killed while using Clock-up. Because remember that Decade also have clock-up features... and then Decade used invisible. And then his Final Attack Ride to finish Kabuto. It's nice to see that only Kabuto's horn that left from the explosion...

I mean "hyper clock up" not "clock up," not only decado has switch dimension feature, kabuto has it too.In this mode he can move so fast and make clock up like an escargot walk and he can moved to another dimension too. And refer to my post before, he is smartest rider, maybe he cut his horn or whatever like a lizard, hahaha.

And there IS Evil Kiva even in the Kamen Rider Kiva own series (Dark Kiva, the previous Fangaia King). So Decade isn't that wrong with the "dark world" story. What I'm ranting is why Ryuuga shows up again after he's defeated way earlier in the series?

Maybe because every dimension has its own rider.In the last war i assume its in own dimension, right?

LVUER
02-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I mean "hyper clock up" not "clock up," not only decado has switch dimension feature, kabuto has it too.In this mode he can move so fast and make clock up like an escargot walk and he can moved to another dimension too. And refer to my post before, he is smartest rider, maybe he cut his horn or whatever like a lizard, hahaha.
For whatever reason he didn't use it when he can... but anyway, no rider (other than Decade himself) have their ultimate form. Perhaps they haven't attained it or something. The only rider that could use his ultimate form is Kuuga, which he used in the movie.

In the series though, Kamen Rider Blade Kanzaki (the real Kanzaki version, not Decade version) shows up and transform into King form, and at the very end of the series Kuuga transform into Shining Ultimate form. That's it, no other riders could do that. That's why there's a theory that both Kuuga and Kanzaki are Riders from other dimension... but in the end, there's no such thing. Oh, and Kanzaki King Blade (mysteriously) didn't make any appearance in the movie.

Even if Kabuto use his hyper form and hyper clock up, remember that Decade have his K-Touch. He could transform into Kabuto, use Hyper-clockup... or even summon another Hyper-Kabuto to fight alongside with him... Really, story-wise, it's impossible for a single Kamen Rider to defeat Decade, since he's supposedly the strongest kamen rider and kamen rider that will destroy all. Even all Kamen Rider fights together were utterly destroyed by Decade... single handedly...

BUUUT... other riders could use their ultimate form, when Decade use his card. But that's a different story...

Maybe because every dimension has its own rider.In the last war i assume its in own dimension, right?

Nah... I think that's just because Decade story is a complete of mess. There's too many plot holes and inconsistencies. You could say that Decade is Kamen Rider without a story... It's (bad) Kingdom Hearts in Kamen Rider style ^_^

Reset
02-17-2011, 06:56 AM
For whatever reason he didn't use it when he can... but anyway, no rider (other than Decade himself) have their ultimate form. Perhaps they haven't attained it or something. The only rider that could use his ultimate form is Kuuga, which he used in the movie.

Yeah it is, the gold kuuga ultimate form. There is lot fan of kuuga you know than any other rider, maybe its i call "fan service" for kamen rider series.

In the series though, Kamen Rider Blade Kanzaki (the real Kanzaki version, not Decade version) shows up and transform into King form, and at the very end of the series Kuuga transform into Shining Ultimate form. That's it, no other riders could do that. That's why there's a theory that both Kuuga and Kanzaki are Riders from other dimension... but in the end, there's no such thing. Oh, and Kanzaki King Blade (mysteriously) didn't make any appearance in the movie.

In reality in the Blade world, the strongest is Joker not King. After "Heart" loss his 2nd card (which is human card) he cannot longer halt his joker form, and if there is no other monster other than single joker untraped in card than the world in the doom state. So Kanzaki use its king ultimate form for many fight which its has risk to become Joker and that's his the main purpose "to become joker." So after that he become joker and save the world and his friend. But its funny if there is Joker who fight decade with another rider.

Even if Kabuto use his hyper form and hyper clock up, remember that Decade have his K-Touch. He could transform into Kabuto, use Hyper-clockup... or even summon another Hyper-Kabuto to fight alongside with him... Really, story-wise, it's impossible for a single Kamen Rider to defeat Decade, since he's supposedly the strongest kamen rider and kamen rider that will destroy all. Even all Kamen Rider fights together were utterly destroyed by Decade... single handedly...

BUUUT... other riders could use their ultimate form, when Decade use his card. But that's a different story...
The gold hercules zecter is "the," I mean there only one of it out there (only one dimension have it). But he only recognizes Tendo Souji as his master, except someone kick his master ass and acquire his respect. Tendo can call this from future, that mean he never beat down, its like you go back to the past and kill your own ancestor.

Nah... I think that's just because Decade story is a complete of mess. There's too many plot holes and inconsistencies. You could say that Decade is Kamen Rider without a story... It's (bad) Kingdom Hearts in Kamen Rider style ^_^
That's Actually right answer.

LVUER
02-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Uuuh, I don't if it's alright for us to talk about Kamen Rider so much in this thread... though it's still (somehow) on topic since it's a live action after all...

Yeah it is, the gold kuuga ultimate form. There is lot fan of kuuga you know than any other rider, maybe its i call "fan service" for kamen rider series.
In the movie, both Ultimate form and Shining Ultimate (which makes its first appearance in another Decade movie, Decade VS All Riders) makes appearance. Oh, and personally, I think Shining Ultimate is bad -_- and only serve as fan-service (since it's mess up with Kuuga story). I mean if there's another form after Ultimate (which is truly the supposedly final Kuuga form), then it's no longer ultimate!!! And then what, after Shining Ultimate, perhaps there will be Ultimate Shining Ultimate, and then Shining Ultimate Shining Ultimate, and then ... (repeat).

In reality in the Blade world, the strongest is Joker not King. After "Heart" loss his 2nd card (which is human card) he cannot longer halt his joker form, and if there is no other monster other than single joker untraped in card than the world in the doom state. So Kanzaki use its king ultimate form for many fight which its has risk to become Joker and that's his the main purpose "to become joker." So after that he become joker and save the world and his friend. But its funny if there is Joker who fight decade with another rider.
I know that, I've watched all Kamen Rider films and movies. But, if you're talking about Blade King Form, then you are mistaken. Indeed that category King is not the strongest (heck, there are Ace Category who are stronger or at least on par with King Category). But Kenzaki's Blade King form is not pure king although the name is king form. It's assimilation of all 13 cards (from Ace to King). So it's a lot stronger than category king. And so Kenzaki King form is on par with Joker (or even stronger).

Reset
02-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Uuuh, I don't if it's alright for us to talk about Kamen Rider so much in this thread... though it's still (somehow) on topic since it's a live action after all...

Hey! I'm the one who should say that before, hehehe (but the electricity blackout back there). please check my post before, i just edit it.

In the movie, both Ultimate form and Shining Ultimate (which makes its first appearance in another Decade movie, Decade VS All Riders) makes appearance. Oh, and personally, I think Shining Ultimate is bad -_- and only serve as fan-service (since it's mess up with Kuuga story). I mean if there's another form after Ultimate (which is truly the supposedly final Kuuga form), then it's no longer ultimate!!! And then what, after Shining Ultimate, perhaps there will be Ultimate Shining Ultimate, and then Shining Ultimate Shining Ultimate, and then ... (repeat).

Agree

I know that, I've watched all Kamen Rider films and movies. But, if you're talking about Blade King Form, then you are mistaken. Indeed that category King is not the strongest (heck, there are Ace Category who are stronger or at least on par with King Category). But Kenzaki's Blade King form is not pure king although the name is king form. It's assimilation of all 13 cards (from Ace to King). So it's a lot stronger than category king. And so Kenzaki King form is on par with Joker (or even stronger).

Hahaha.Same as me, except Deceido, den-o, WW, G, and "coin rider" (They all suck after I watching some of they episode, but the one who used coin has good digital effect). Maybe we have different perception back there, and no one can change that.