PDA

View Full Version : Are you enviormental-friendly?

Devillan
02-10-2011, 10:12 AM
The question is obvious, are you taking care of your environment? Separating the trash, Taking showers instead of a bath and etc.

I'm taking showers, uses less water, recycling paper & plastic bottles.
I don't have a car...yet, but if I had I'd take a car that doesn't pollute much.

Byakuran
02-10-2011, 10:31 AM
i never shower. or take a bath. that way i can save using water, ain't i super environmental-friendly?
jk

I do nothing, we only separate our trash in 2 things one is like all the greenstuff like vegetables and teabags and then you have the other stuff like paper and stuff... i cycle and take the bus, but i only do that since i don't have a car, it's not for the environment.
we do have green-energy but like if thats all green... We do try not to waste things like food and energy and stuff . - . ,, but oh well

Devillan
02-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Its at least a good start...

GunZet
02-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I skateboard, sure the trucks are made of metal with rubber for the flexible parts. the wheels are made of polyurethane which I'm sure makes some pollution in their development time. The boards are made of wood which is made by cutting down trees somewhere. Good news is, with all that, the boards are made of Canadian maple, and skating causes no harm to the environment, and serves as an awesome mode of transportation, as well as fun.
Therefore I have gigantic cruising wheels for riding, and I have extremely small wheels for getting around and doing tricks...

That's something, right? My laptop also uses a screensaver....gangsta.

*edit: Besides that uh...I don't separate anything at all, but I don't ever litter. And I also use a crapload of water on a daily basis.

Delphinus
02-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Fuck that. The pressure on individuals to affect environmental change is bullshit and serves to smokescreen where the real responsibility lies - with states and companies.

GunZet
02-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Individuals can help by a small margin though.
Don't get pissed when you gotta pay to breathe air....like that'll ever happen lol.

Delphinus
02-10-2011, 02:03 PM
And yet this entire mode of thought is wrongheaded.
"Don't throw things away, recycle them!" - If the right systems were in place, we wouldn't need to worry about where our rubbish ended up.
"Use an energy-efficient car!" - What, use a fossil-fuel powered car so companies can continue to make money from pollution, even though it's less harmful to the environment, rather than making electric cars more common?
"Turn your heating down by a degree!" - Yay, energy companies will still provide gas to me rather than using solar power etc. instead!

GunZet
02-10-2011, 02:18 PM
It's going to take a while. I mean we've been using fossil fuel for how long?
the longer you've been doing a certain thing, the longer it takes to make a complete change.

Rio
02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Change may be coming slowly but at least it's there now. It'll probably take another 100 years (or some disaster) for everyone to become environmentally friendly.

Saith
02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Eh, I recycle, walk to college, shower, etc.

GunZet
02-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Change may be coming slowly but at least it's there now. It'll probably take another 100 years (or some disaster) for everyone to become environmentally friendly.

I'm betting on disaster for some reason.

PWhit
02-10-2011, 02:30 PM
We all do a fair share, I hope. I kind of like looking across the street not having to stare at a pile of garbage.

Byakuran
02-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Don't get pissed when you gotta pay to breathe air....like that'll ever happen lol.

i got a feeling thats going to happen, but i'll prob be dead at that time so no worries

Devillan
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
We have in Israel right now a 'think green' campaign...its funny like hell

M3S1H
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm not going to lie, I couldn't care less about the environment if I tried. The effects of global warming are exaggerated, it'll be extreme weather, but not enough to kill us. I litter whenever there's no garbage tins around. So yeah, if I can, I will recycle or not litter, and if I can't, I really don't care.

GunZet
02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Maaan don't litter. Just carry the trash around with you until you find somewhere to throw it...that being a bin or something.
that's what I do.

Byakuran
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
i meant paying for air xD

M3S1H
02-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Dude, my town is a wasteland already - there's no trash cans. :eek: Thats right, none. I can't cause much damage anyway, they keep breaking buildings and rebuilding them like morons, so my littering will be buried above their huge pile of Silly Goose droppings. I swear, the mayors here suck Silly Goose.

PWhit
02-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Global warming is a fabrication made up for Al Gore to pick our pockets and give him our votes. Climate change is another stupid political machine that runs on basically the same thing as global warming. No amount of pollution is going to create a second ice age and it's been proven through history and current statistics. Even so, littering doesn't have to do with global warming really.

I just recycle because I don't want to live in a dump. :/

GunZet
02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
What if the whole world farted at once? That's something to think about, man...imagine all that gas, engulfing the earth.

PWhit
02-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Lol, sounds like an episode from Futurama.

Evil_Cake
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I recycle and just push my car around instead of using gas

Delphinus
02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Global warming is a fabrication made up for Al Gore to pick our pockets and give him our votes. Climate change is another stupid political machine that runs on basically the same thing as global warming. No amount of pollution is going to create a second ice age and it's been proven through history and current statistics. Even so, littering doesn't have to do with global warming really.

Learn to science. Also, even if climate change isn't real, it's hardly like implementing green policies will have consequences as bad as not implementing them if it is real. I know this argument is based on chance, but nonetheless...

GunZet
02-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Basically, better safe than sorry.

Hayashida
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I try to be environmentally friendly, but as with pretty much everyone, I could be more environmentally friendly.

Kodos
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-allears.gif Tell me more!

PWhit
02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Learn to science.

Gee, I dunno how to science something. That could be hard.

Also, even if climate change isn't real, it's hardly like implementing green policies will have consequences as bad as not implementing them if it is real.

Climate change is NOT real! These green policies will take the green out of my bank account and several other people as well. For what? Some ass backwards way of generating power? Cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico with HAY BALES instead of an oil hose? Cars that are more dependent on a wall charge than an iPhone? Illegalizing oil and nuclear power? Riding 50 miles to work with bicycles? More corruption defended by statements that have 60% or more factual errors? Isn't that a type of consequence?

Basically, better safe than sorry.

That's what everyone wants you to think. I know exactly the perfect term for that. It's marketing using irrational reasons and appeal or Fear Marketing.

Kodos, there's probably going to be more as the thread goes on. Don't worry. :3

Kodos
02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Gee, I dunno how to science something. That could be hard.
You don't know science and yet you presume to speak about science with enough authority that others should base their decision making on what you say.

Do you really not recognize a problem here?

Climate change is NOT real!
This sentence would be 100% true if it was not for the fact that it is completely factually incorrect.

These green policies will take the green out of my bank account and several other people as well. For what?
The maintaining of the Earth's ecosystem and as a result the continued existence of the human race?

Some ass backwards way of generating power?
Yeah. Fission power and fusion power are so backwards! I mean, hell, who doesn't remember the fission reactors of the Neolithic?

Cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico with HAY BALES instead of an oil hose? Cars that are more dependent on a wall charge than an iPhone?
"AUGGGGH! I HAVE TO CHARGE MY CAR FOR A WHILE BEFORE I USE IT! THE CONTINUED SURVIVAL OF OUR SPECIES IS SO NOT WORTH IT! FUCK THIS MAN!"

Illegalizing oil and nuclear power?
One of these things is not like the other. One of these things does not belong.

Riding 50 miles to work with bicycles?
No serious people are suggesting this. It's nice to see the same old strawmen being brought out, though.

More corruption defended by statements that have 60% or more factual errors? Isn't that a type of consequence?
This is adorable.

That's what everyone wants you to think. I know exactly the perfect term for that. It's marketing using irrational reasons and appeal or Fear Marketing.
Yes. I can totally see how the environmentally unfriendly corporations that own and run America and most of the world would want us to believe that they are slowly but surely causing the extinction of our species and that they must be boycot and opposed until they change.

Oh, wait, no I can't because that makes no fucking sense and is one of the most retarded things I have heard in my entire life.

Celestial-Fox
02-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm not eco-friendly. I'm lifestyle complacent. D:

violin
02-10-2011, 07:31 PM
There is climate change. This is a proven fact. Will being enviromently frendly stop or alter it - probably no.
But we should care about the place we live or we might end like in that animation - WallE.
There is already a garbidge crisys in Europe. I've seen how trucks would not pick up the garbidge because there is no place to get rid ot if. Is it so hard to return the bottle of your pop drink or your can so it can be recycled and reused. They even give you money when you return them. Isn't it better to drive smaller car that use less gas - it's even cheaper for you. Isn't better to save energy by using energy efficient appliences. You'll save from your electricity bill.

So yeah I try to be enviromently friendly as much as possible.

We already created an island of garbadge.
http://www.ifrc.org/docs/news/05/05050201/p12827.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch

What should we do next?

PWhit
02-10-2011, 08:04 PM
You don't know science and yet you presume to speak about science with enough authority that others should base their decision making on what you say.

Oh really? I don't? Me, taking some environmental science classes doesn't give me any right to say anything about this? Even if I didn't, it doesn't take even a third of that curriculum to see that "The Little Ice Age" in the medieval wasn't caused by greenhouse gases.

I never said YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO ME. In fact, you asked for more, even though it was sarcastic and you got it through my responses to others. If you don't like it, don't read it.

The maintaining of the Earth's ecosystem and as a result the continued existence of the human race?

Oh no... a really hot summer! That's going to make animals sit in the shade for five extra minutes and people get air conditioners! Even worse! SNOW!

Yeah. Fission power and fusion power are so backwards! I mean, hell, who doesn't remember the fission reactors of the Neolithic?

I am for nuclear energy, in case you didn't notice that.

"AUGGGGH! I HAVE TO CHARGE MY CAR FOR A WHILE BEFORE I USE IT! THE CONTINUED SURVIVAL OF OUR SPECIES IS SO NOT WORTH IT! FUCK THIS MAN!"

AAAAHHH! I DON'T WANT TO PAY A BILL WORTH MORE THAN MY LIFE FOR SOMETHING THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY BECAUSE I TOTALLY TALK LIKE THAT!!! ARGGG!!!

Yes. I can totally see how the environmentally unfriendly corporations that own and run America and most of the world would want us to believe that they are slowly but surely causing the extinction of our species and that they must be boycot and opposed until they change.

Oh, wait, no I can't because that makes no fucking sense and is one of the most retarded things I have heard in my entire life.

Quite frankly, I wasn't referring to oil companies in the first place. Where did this even come from?

Plus the human race is bound for extinction. There are a lot more things that will end the world before global warming/climate change WHATEVER.

Hayashida
02-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I personally don't see the electric car being the vehicle of the future. Hydrogen powered cars I think would be the best development. Hydrogen is one of the most abundant chemicals in the universe and the hydrogen powered cars they have now expel nothing but H2O from the exhaust. Battery powered cars a much better than what we've got at the moment, but they do often take a while to charge which can be a pain if you're on holiday somewhere driving down the highway. At home though, it's a good method of transportation. At the same time though, the nickel and cobalt that is mined, refined, and assembled into batteries in many different countries can have a very negative impact on the environment, which is one of the reasons why I don't think it would be the best source of power for future transportation.
Also why has no one mentioned public transportation. Taking the train is awesome. So's the bus, but you gotta watch out for sniper bullets on the latter method.

PWhit
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Hydrogen powered cars would be nice. The only thing that concerns me is that if someone crashes it and a fire sets off, that's instant death.

LVUER
02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Hydrogen car isn't that different from normal fossil fueled car, right? But electric car has many advantages over them (fossil and hydrogen car). Like no need to ignite the car (only turn on, like PC), no need for gear or combustion engine, (almost) no sound, etc.

I don't really care about hydrogen or electric car, since both of them will need a looooooong time (yes, it will be very long) before they enter my country. Even if they do enter, they will be treated as luxury car and will be very expensive, hence not many people will buy them... Yeah, being green is the least people worry in my country. Simply being alive and well is already hard enough.

PWhit
02-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Now you got me thinkin'...

We should make a nuclear powered car. Not a hydrogen car. Just what I think.

LVUER
02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
And then we have thousands of mini nuclear bombs running everywhere in our cities... And not only it's very dangerous and hard to get, the nuclear waste produced by cars isn't something funny...

violin
02-10-2011, 09:30 PM
It's easy. The city I was born in has a very well build public trasnport - trolleybus. The electricity is produced mainly by a Water Power Planet. Gas is 2x more expensive that outside Europe and people are poor so thay can not afford to buy gas. So they have to use the public transport. Clean and environment friendly.
Public transport - subways, trolleybusses and trams. For long distance - Electric trains. That's how I see it. And gas is going more expensive with everyday.

PWhit
02-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Fun-Fact: The S.S. Ronald Reagan is a nuclear powered warship, it needs to eject its cooling rods about once every seven years or so.

I wouldn't say a bomb is on board a car, it would really be a chance of meltdown. However, nuclear power is really well managed in the first place, so I am not too concerned about that at all.

violin
02-10-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree. But I don't know how small a nuclear reactor can be made and can it be installed in a car.

PWhit
02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
That's one thing we just need to wait and see how it's done by the professionals.

LVUER
02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Still, I think nuclear power isn't the best solution for a car energy. It may be good for several gigantic power plant, but for smaller and millions of cars... I don't know.

Reset
02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
I recycle and just push my car around instead of using gas

Bwahahhaha. Its really Funny man. Nice Joke

If smoking is non-enviromental friendly, so i'm not.

butternut
02-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Now you got me thinkin'...

We should make a nuclear powered car. Not a hydrogen car. Just what I think.

That is impossible, at least now with the current resources and technology. Even one gram of Uranium or Thorium on fission can produce enough energy to destroy a small town. How big do you think the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were? If you want to use that for running cars, you'd need the mass in the order of around nano-grams probably (I'm taking a guess here, but i'm pretty sure it's damn low). The technology and resources for creating such a small reactor would be extremely expensive.

It is possible though if somebody invented/discovered another fissionable material which doesnot produce that much energy and can be easily controlled.

And fusion reaction is out of question.

PWhit
02-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I only said we should, possibility and innovation would be a little difficult to exact but with what you're telling me we just need to put the pieces together.

LVUER
02-10-2011, 11:42 PM
If only we can somehow change plain water into some kind of (powerful) power source. It's an ultimate power source that every scientist dream of...

GunZet
02-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Nuclear powered cars? Has Fallout 3 taught you guys nothing? Gorsh.

Hayashida
02-11-2011, 02:24 AM
The main two things hydrogen powered cars have going for them is the exhaust they create and how long it takes to refuel, which is about the same as a normal petrol powered car.

Devillan
02-11-2011, 07:32 AM
If only we can somehow change plain water into some kind of (powerful) power source. It's an ultimate power source that every scientist dream of...

Question: How does an A-Bomb works?
Answer: Splitting the atoms of the nuclear material, it releases a giant energy explosion.
Note: It can be done with any substance possible but the technology isn't evolved yet.
Note 2: If the technology will evolve to this step you'll able to run your car on a bottle of water...or whatever you want.

BTW: I saw an article about a new space shuttle engine in development...works on plasma...I think. And there's a project to reduce the use of airplane fuel when it's on the take-off strip.

Reset
02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Question: How does an A-Bomb works?
Answer: Splitting the atoms of the nuclear material, it releases a giant energy explosion.
Note: It can be done with any substance possible but the technology isn't evolved yet.
Note 2: If the technology will evolve to this step you'll able to run your car on a bottle of water...or whatever you want.

BTW: I saw an article about a new space shuttle engine in development...works on plasma...I think. And there's a project to reduce the use of airplane fuel when it's on the take-off strip.

if it is true then one day the car or alike will be using feces as the main energy source

ClockHand
02-11-2011, 01:26 PM
We have in Israel right now a 'think green' campaign...its funny like hell

Yeah, because you need to take care of the land that's not your's.

Already done. There are cars that work with water and other with corn oil.

http://waterpoweredcar.com/

I don't have the link of the corn oil power car, but it does existe, both cars appear in the news at the same month (first the water and then the corn), and then no one said nothing more about those 2 new power sources.

GunZet
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Are you talking about ethanol fuel?

Reset
02-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Already done. There are cars that work with water and other with corn oil.

http://waterpoweredcar.com/

I don't have the link of the corn oil power car, but it does existe, both cars appear in the news at the same month (first the water and then the corn), and then no one said nothing more about those 2 new power sources.

Yeah i hear about that somewhere, it create by indonesian scientis who live in Japan. Maybe production cost is still too high so therefore not mass-produced by now, maybe 5 or 10 years later.

Devillan
02-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Are you talking about ethanol fuel?

Ethanol is used mostly in South America, if oil runs dry, South America will be in fuel advantage...How I love National Geographic

ClockHand
02-11-2011, 11:49 PM
London is going to have (is having) a trial of hydrogen bus.

Apparently the few years has come.

Devillan
02-12-2011, 05:37 AM
The technology is here!!!!!

scanten71-402san
02-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't have a car, but will use a bike. I want to separate trashcans, make a solar, wind and bio power stations, use trolley busses/electric streetcars/electric trains instead of busses/diesel ones, do not use diesel/petrol and use electric/natural gas fuel, do not want to cut the forests and make more forests, do not want to use nuclear power, etc...

Devillan
02-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Being environmental-friendly does not only apply to recycling and using less fuel, it also apples to be energy efficient: florescent light bulbs, solar water heaters, solar panels...energy efficient building.
In China there's a building in construction called 'Pearl River'. It is the first 'green' office building with solar panels on the roof, wind turbines integrated in the structure, new methods of air conditioning and etc.
Being 'green' is in everything we know.

Slurpee
02-12-2011, 03:52 PM
would it be more cost friendly to have those new electric cars on the market? I've seen some commericals for them. You can plug them in and just drive em. Or would that seriously bounce your electric bill? x.x

Devillan
02-12-2011, 05:06 PM
would it be more cost friendly to have those new electric cars on the market? I've seen some commericals for them. You can plug them in and just drive em. Or would that seriously bounce your electric bill? x.x

There's a company called Better Place...is sells Electric cars with a battery...the car is yours but the battery belongs to the company, if you drive in the city, there are charging stations to charge the battery and if you plan to go to the highway there's a battery changing booth (like a toll booth) that changes your half-dead battery for a full one

GunZet
02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Hey, isn't China completely pwn headshotting this village to make a turbo dam or something? Or has it already begun construction.

Devillan
02-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey, isn't China completely pwn headshotting this village to make a turbo dam or something? Or has it already begun construction.

The Three Gorges Dam is already complete...but I won't call it enviro-friendly

GunZet
02-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Whoa really?....damn, time just flew I guess.

LVUER
02-12-2011, 08:26 PM
If you want to talk about green, just take a look at South Korea. I think it's the "greenest" country on Earth (at least right now). And they have serious commitment about being green.

Solar panel, green technology, even a whole island dedicated to make a green city, and many more.

Reset
02-12-2011, 09:35 PM
If you want to talk about green, just take a look at South Korea. I think it's the "greenest" country on Earth (at least right now). And they have serious commitment about being green.

Solar panel, green technology, even a whole island dedicated to make a green city, and many more.

Yes i agree

Have you ever hear about LILYPAD, A FLOATING ECOPOLIS FOR CLIMATE REFUGEES, an utopian project, designed by Vincent Callebaut?

here's the link (http://www.vincent.callebaut.org/page1-img-lilypad.html)

butternut
02-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Green City? There's a village somewhere near Copenhagen. They make their houses with recycled scrap. I'll give the links once i find them.

Devillan
02-13-2011, 01:53 AM
Whoa really?....damn, time just flew I guess.

What did you expect? Its the freakin' Chinese...

Sounds very cool...

Yes i agree

Have you ever hear about LILYPAD, A FLOATING ECOPOLIS FOR CLIMATE REFUGEES, an utopian project, designed by Vincent Callebaut?

here's the link (http://www.vincent.callebaut.org/page1-img-lilypad.html)

Looks promising...but it'll be done in who knows when...making artificial islands is Dubai specialty

LVUER
02-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Green City? There's a village somewhere near Copenhagen. They make their houses with recycled scrap. I'll give the links once i find them.

Green doesn't have to mean village or using trash (or recycled good). There are lots of way to be green, and some of them really needs high-technology to do that...
1. Like using material that completely natural (doesn't harm nature) and easy to decompose.
2. Efficiency in using energy, water, and all other things. (like don't put your TV or other electronic devices into stand-by for hours, turn it off properly)
3. Using recyclable energy (like wind or solar energy).
4. Not wasting anything. Even if we can recycle, it need energy...so wasting things is bad... (so always finish your food)

butternut
02-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Yeah I know, that was kind of an example. They have adopted energy efficient ways of doing things, but I don't really remember the details. I'll elaborate once I find more about it and give the links too.

Reset
02-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Looks promising...but it'll be done in who knows when...making artificial islands is Dubai specialty

Yeah, maybe it'll take ages to build something like that, but it isn't dubai. They just have too lot of money for a small country so they can spend for something like "smoke city" or dubai dream palace (the first 7 stars hotel)

Green doesn't have to mean village or using trash (or recycled good). There are lots of way to be green, and some of them really needs high-technology to do that...
1. Like using material that completely natural (doesn't harm nature) and easy to decompose.
2. Efficiency in using energy, water, and all other things. (like don't put your TV or other electronic devices into stand-by for hours, turn it off properly)
3. Using recyclable energy (like wind or solar energy).
4. Not wasting anything. Even if we can recycle, it need energy...so wasting things is bad... (so always finish your food)

i just done the number 4 at least the last

Yeah I know, that was kind of an example. They have adopted energy efficient ways of doing things, but I don't really remember the details. I'll elaborate once I find more about it and give the links too.
waiting for the link

butternut
02-13-2011, 03:56 PM
waiting for the link

Well, the person who told me about it wasn't available, so I did some googling on my own:
http://bit.ly/g1FBRX
http://www.emagazine.com/archive/2315

Devillan
02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Well, the person who told me about it wasn't available, so I did some googling on my own:

It slowly begins and eventually you'll see a 'green' city like NY

GunZet
02-13-2011, 06:39 PM
GAIS, GAIS. The greenest place on earth is Antarctica! In a sense.

Oh, what's that? mmhmm...I see....we're there too?
I see...

Nevermind.

Reset
02-13-2011, 08:50 PM

"Only 30 percent drive, and the rest walk (five percent), take the train (13 percent) or the bus (20 percent)."

NO WAY!!!In tropical island like our, i'll never walk till sidewalks planted with dense trees, except i want to kill my self from dehydration after walking for an hour.

violin
02-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Copenhagen is the most green city in my opinion. I've been there for two days and I'm convinced. 50% of the people go to work by bike. There are parking lots for bikes and traffic light for the bikes. The public transport is super easy and very well design. I was able to get almost anywhere by just using it. There are less street lamps(one floating in the center of the street). The air was super clear and fresh. A great city to visit.

Pictures are bad because I took them with my old phone and it was about 7 PM. Also it was super cold that day so not much people were out on the street but there were still alot of bike riders.
http://download.game2make.com/temp/mtbackchange/copenhagen/DSC00381.JPG
http://download.game2make.com/temp/mtbackchange/copenhagen/DSC00390.JPG
http://download.game2make.com/temp/mtbackchange/copenhagen/DSC00405.JPG

EDIT: I know that they also use electricity from renewer energy like: wind etc. One think that I liked is that the public transport was made as confortable as possible. You go to the train staion, or metro or bus station. There is a new train every 3 min. A train that is on your way probably comes every 5-10 min. Many pople use them but there is planty of space inside. There is always a place to sit. There is free Wifi in the trains, newspapers, and bags (I don't know why I would need a bag). Smoking is forbiden. There were soda and cafe mashines on the train. The train runs super fast. The most interesting think were the quiet areas. There are special areas in the train where you should not make noice, no pets allowed etc. People there were enjoing the silence by reading books. The train driver spoke on the intercom that he is sorry but we are going to be late for our next stop with 2 minutes and that we'll be on time for the next stops. I couldn't believe it. How would one want to drive if the public transport is so nice. In my country I used to wait for 1-2 hours for the bus (it was suppose to come every 10 mins) and the driver was rude...

butternut
02-14-2011, 01:20 AM
"Only 30 percent drive, and the rest walk (five percent), take the train (13 percent) or the bus (20 percent)."

NO WAY!!!In tropical island like our, i'll never walk till sidewalks planted with dense trees, except i want to kill my self from dehydration after walking for an hour.

Yeah, it's a problem in tropical climate, especially summers. But you can always carry a water-bottle.

LVUER
02-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Whoa, where do you live, Reset? The advantage of living in tropical country is never too nor too cold. There is no summer here, and walking under the sun just for an hour won't make you die of dehydration...

Reset
02-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Copenhagen is the most green city in my opinion. I've been there for two days and I'm convinced. 50% of the people go to work by bike. There are parking lots for bikes and traffic light for the bikes. The public transport is super easy and very well design. I was able to get almost anywhere by just using it. There are less street lamps(one floating in the center of the street). The air was super clear and fresh. A great city to visit.

Pictures are bad because I took them with my old phone and it was about 7 PM. Also it was super cold that day so not much people were out on the street but there were still alot of bike riders.

I see.Just seeing these photo is tell us "clean air here."

EDIT: I know that they also use electricity from renewer energy like: wind etc. One think that I liked is that the public transport was made as confortable as possible. You go to the train staion, or metro or bus station. There is a new train every 3 min. A train that is on your way probably comes every 5-10 min. Many pople use them but there is planty of space inside. There is always a place to sit. There is free Wifi in the trains, newspapers, and bags (I don't know why I would need a bag). Smoking is forbiden. There were soda and cafe mashines on the train. The train runs super fast. The most interesting think were the quiet areas. There are special areas in the train where you should not make noice, no pets allowed etc. People there were enjoing the silence by reading books. The train driver spoke on the intercom that he is sorry but we are going to be late for our next stop with 2 minutes and that we'll be on time for the next stops. I couldn't believe it. How would one want to drive if the public transport is so nice. In my country I used to wait for 1-2 hours for the bus (it was suppose to come every 10 mins) and the driver was rude...

Wow!!!I want to go by bus like that too,its too kind. You know, commuter transport in my city (we call it "angkot", a mini van) always carry passengers overdose, especially with a very narrow space so that your knees and knees of the person in front touched. And average commuter service driver (especialy bus driver) always drive like crazy, in high speed (100-140 Km/H) it can overtaking car on the front and where there a car in opposite direction with distance as thick as a hair (right and left) and of course with a cliff (real high cliff) in the right or left, and it can make a "U" turn with a constant speed. If first time you tried commute with it you fell like you already die, but the most people who used to this can commute with relaxed face you know.

Yeah, it's a problem in tropical climate, especially summers. But you can always carry a water-bottle.

The problem is a water-bottle got dehydration too. hehe just kidding :), but we not call it summer we call it "kemarau" a semi-dry hot climate that suck up all your 90% water in your body.
I can wash my laundry (without dryer) and make it dry in 10 minute only with natural light

Whoa, where do you live, Reset? The advantage of living in tropical country is never too nor too cold. There is no summer here, and walking under the sun just for an hour won't make you die of dehydration...

I live in Borneo (in the city not jungle), you know tropical mean "hot climate but not dry climate" (i think) it mean we live in sauna but in continent size. You live in Bandung right? I just returned from there two mont ago, climate is rather cold there, its too far to be compared as here.
note: In Ausy people die because dehydration. And in my city (another city that where i supose to live), take motorcycle and go out for 10 minutes using "sendal jepit" (sandals) make your beauty white foot skin become beauty black foot skin (with two line sandals print on top of it).

Sylux
02-17-2011, 01:02 PM
I am very human-environmentally friendly.

Aether
02-20-2011, 03:00 AM
I do nothing environmentally friendly.

ClockHand
02-20-2011, 01:41 PM
But do you do enviormental trolling?

Aether
02-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Of course I do.