PDA

View Full Version : If you'd had the opportunity to dub and anime would you take it?

Devillan
02-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Again, the title is self-explanatory

Would you take the chance to do it? Even if you don't have acting skills at all.

I won't take it, I'd like to but...my Russian accent will be in the way.

butternut
02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Sure I would. Giving my voice to a character is one of the many things i want to do.

jubeh
02-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I always wanted to take a completely unheard of anime and just dub over it. Like not actually translate it at all. Just discern what is happening and make up the dialog as Im going on.

ClockHand
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I would love it, if I could make the sound effects. Doing the sounds of swords, guns, steps or any other stuff like that would be awesome.

LVUER
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Yes, I will take it for sure. Even if I don't have enough skill, muster enough courage and I could do just anything (I hope...). Becoming a dubber is like one of my dream.

Hayashida
02-02-2011, 08:42 PM
I always wanted to take a completely unheard of anime and just dub over it. Like not actually translate it at all. Just discern what is happening and make up the dialog as Im going on.
man so why dont you do that

jubeh
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Couldnt find a show to do it to.

Rio
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't mind doing it at least once just for fun. I don't know about continually doing voice work though...

@ Devillan
People with accents will be good if you're portraying a character from that particular region.... like if you voiced Volg from Hajime no Ippo - it'd be prefect! (Volg is a Russian boxer, btw, in Hajime no Ippo)

Hayashida
02-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Couldnt find a show to do it to.

Just look for some 80s/90s anime on like a wiki list or something.

violin
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Or you can do the dubs in your own language and then no accent :)

Devillan
02-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't mind doing it at least once just for fun. I don't know about continually doing voice work though...

@ Devillan
People with accents will be good if you're portraying a character from that particular region.... like if you voiced Volg from Hajime no Ippo - it'd be prefect! (Volg is a Russian boxer, btw, in Hajime no Ippo)

Or any other Russian character

Ceta
02-03-2011, 06:11 AM
I've been told I have a nice voice by many people, but I don't think I'd ever take up doing voice work. Despite what I've been told, I actually don't like the sound of my voice and would never watch anything I had a part in dubbing. D:

Byakuran
02-03-2011, 04:07 PM
If i get paid i would do it.

Rio
02-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I've been told I have a nice voice by many people, but I don't think I'd ever take up doing voice work. Despite what I've been told, I actually don't like the sound of my voice and would never watch anything I had a part in dubbing. D:It makes me wonder what your voice is like now! Do you sound like Ted Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rPFvLUWkzs)?

But anyways, I know what you mean. Whenever I hear my voice in a video or something, I think I sound totally weird but people have said that I sound nice. <_<